Do Dil.... Mil Rahe Hain. ..A new ff(updte pg 62) - Page 15

Posted: 13 years ago
Maris the same as usual.....excellent update....if there r any new words to praise i would use it....but till i find it i wud be saying the same....gr8 narration....I love this Shravan too much!! thnx for the PM n continue plzz..
once again a gr8 update!!! love the covo between shravan and Sham๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† pls continue soon...thanks for the pm!!!
The way you wrote today's episode I can visualise it.The whole episode imprinted in my mind.You wrote beautifully.Please continue๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
love your update!
please cont.......
Chapter  22

Breakfast that morning at the Jaiswhal house was one of mixed bag for Shravan. Waking up with bright spirits and eager to meet Saachi that day to discuss abt the MC scripts, he didnt expect Pratap to be a spoilsport....
" listen everyone my associate from Mumbai, Mr.Verma is here for a few days with his family... Ma aap ko yaad hai, jab mein 5 saal pehele, ek Jewellers conference ke liye Mumbai gaya, us samay yeh Verma ji  helped me a lot.. Ab woh apna pariwar ke saath 3/4 din kelye yahan aagaya aur hes checked in a hotel..Shravan, plz on my behalf,take his family and show them in around Mussorrie and bring them home for dinner today... you ask your friends to take care at office , teek hai"....
Shravan's face fell, hiding his disappoinment and agreeing to his father's wishes he left for the hotel to oblige the Vermas....
" arre Pratap thum kyun Shravan ko bejha..cant you send Rajat, whos already familiar with Verma'...." maa, mein jo karraha hun sahi karraha hun... verma has a daughter; a beauty who has done gemology masters in the states.. I have seen her in Mumbai before she left for her higher studies...If all goes well we can make a match of verma's girl with our ladla..hope you all understand now'...

Shravan on his way to the hotel was grumbling... kya timing hai Hitler ki..here iam to act as guide to some unknown faces,wheras I cld have enjoyed seeing the face thats troubling me...mera kismet bahut khrab hai, hai na Sham... oh no woh kaisa ayega, I have even lost him...Ringing the  room bell, he waited for Verma to open the door..
He saw a jeans clad high heeled petite figure  with a tight fitting shirt, knotted around the navel...looking up further he saw a painted face; eyes lined with mascara, eyelashes highlighted with false ones, arched eyebrows, blue tinged eyeslids, deep red lips and a nose pierced with a huge ring.. the hair was closely cropped around the head and bleached blonde... for a moment Shravan was dazzled by this sight and was starring openly, but common sense prevailed and he asked " maaf kijiye yahan koi Prakash Verma from Mumbai is staying na"...
"oh so you are the boy, how sweet and desi looking.. well Iam Ruby, you know.. Ruby verma or Rupali as my father prefers to call me.. come in .. hey dad look whos here"...drawled Verma's daughter.. Shravan was taken aback.. "You are the boy. whats this tomboy saying.. agar mein ladka nahi toh,aur kya..Aaajeeb hai"...
" arre arre,  aavo Shravan, your father had already informed me abt your services for us today..very nice.. you and rupali can also have the opportunity to get know each other.. two mangoes in one stone..your fathers ideas are always practical and wonderful"... said Prakash Verma...
"So this is what Hitlers' plans are"...he ground his teeth.. "wait till you get a dose of your own medicine all"... with a sweet smile, and honeyed voice, he started their guided tour of Mussorrie...

The whole day Shravan was in his best avatar.. he was to the point of discourtesy to Ruby in particular; teasing her looks and her accented language and later shunning and cold shouldering her; but very civil to her parents..
By the time  the evening wore on Ruby was almost to the point of tears...
Just before he left them to get ready for dinner,Verma called him aside and shook his hands and hugged him happily...  " Shravan am very happy today..
 my daughter who had almost become a shrew after her stint in US,showed signs of changing to her good old self, thanks to you.. I will gladly inform Pratap abt my blessings for this alliance... teek hai beta, we will see you at your home at 8pm'.....
Shravan's face was a sight to watch.. all his best laid plans were shattered  by these words...." lagtha hai yeh aadmi Hitler ka baap hoga...A full day's effort and work gone down the drain..jaldhi kuch karna hoga, warna mein in dono ke plans mein phasaunga... kya karnen, kaisa karnen.. haah dadhi hai na.. Zaroor woh madath karengi".... with a renewed hope he headed home...

Dinner was a lavish affair that night..When the Verma's walked in, they were greeted warmly by the hosts... the sight of Rupali evoked mixed responses from the family.. A somewhat rebuked Ruby, dressed in a plain salwar,but  in still painted face and boyish appearance and accented language did not elicit much enthusiasm from Madhura or Dadhi.. Nidhi was reserving her opinions to herself, while Neetha didnt show any outward emotions... the two brothers were some what indifferent, least they influence their father's plans...
 But the icing on the cake was Pratap's reaction, his emotions on his  face...Too shocked at the sight, he had never imagined a beautiful girl undergoing such a dramatic change in these years... It was hard to digest for a man like him, still rooted in tradition and following and practicising the dharma of joint family system... To think that such a girl like Ruby, even if she changed her appearances, would be able to adjust and accomodate in this family was beyond his imagination...
With full dimplomacy and politeness, he delicately informed his visitor abt his apprehensions towards the alliance... such was his manner and handling of the situation ,Mr.verma hardly took any offence.. he understood his daughters shortcomings and blamed only himself for this predicament...

That night Shravan was so relieved, he felt like jumping with joy.. without any effort on his part to influence any family member, his worries were wiped away.. "Thank you God... Ab mera raastha clear hai...Saachi ji will be waiting for me tommorow"...like a child he liked his lips and hugged his pillows and shouted a goodnight to all(including GOD and Sham)  and fell in to a dreamless  deep sleep..... 
Edited by maris08 - 13 years ago
LOL Maris, thanks for writing Ruby out of the story like that ๐Ÿ˜† Pratap himself called the thing off ๐Ÿ˜›

Tx for the pm, write ahead ๐Ÿ˜‰

Lovely update.๐Ÿ‘

Glad to know that Shravan didn't have to go through any ordeals to break this alliance.

Waiting for your next update soon as patience does not feature in my list of virtues.
I love this chapter Maris!  The CV's could take a lesson from you on how to NOT drag a track.  Nicely done.
Gr8 update maris. This girl would definitely not suited shravan. Its good that pratap refused the alliance himself. Love ur writin. Thanx 4 pm. Cont soon
thankfully Ruby naam ki bala tali...that too the honors done by pratap himself๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ loved that part...this update was a good lesson to the makers that a track must not be dragged much...pls continue soon...thanks for pm!!!