Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ka7eela thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: Amber_1

ah..I just saw this!

Love is overrated, seriously. Bollywood has blown this one word/feeling out of proportion and now we have these ridiculous notions about it being 'oh so magical' or 'unconditional'.

Love for another human being (other than your parents/siblings) is NEVER unconditional. Piya felt her first 'curiosity' or as you say 'love' when Abhay saved her from falling. Abhay sees HIS first love in her face, if that wasn't the case he would treat her like another Misha/Panchi.

Love for me is a mix of physical attraction + emotional attachment. We're emotionally attached to our friends, when we start finding that 'tension'...that attraction towards them thats when we fall for that one specific friend.

Piya is attached to Kabir, and he's a good guy...but she's attached AND attracted to abhay, which is why all of you believe its love.

I'm not saying she absolutely can NOT be in love, she can be. But there's still a huge question mark on that 'love' that even Abhay has expressed. He believes she can NOT love an animal like him, means he believes she's 'in love' with him without knowing the real him. Which is true, just because we all know the story is about them two and their love, we know she's going to accept him. But what if we didn't know the synopsis? There would be an equal chance of her denying and running back to where she came from. So until she accepts him COMPLETELY, she can't call her infatuation love.

Now him being a certain way doesn't mean he just has some bad habits, he's a completely different THING. For example, I go for a gender change tomorrow and you and I start dating, you think I'm a man and 'fall' for me (πŸ˜†)...but you'll be falling for the man i APPEAR to be...not with the man who once was a woman. Okay lame example, but you got my point.

Anyhow, I mentioned the age because MOST if not all relationships or feelings at that age are hormonal driven. But then again, its a show. They even showed Kabir (who's 18 himself?) tried PROPOSING piya. πŸ˜†

And yeah, I know there's no special reason for falling in love, and many people fall out of love too. But falling for someone you know, who completely changes or you lose charm in your relationship is completely different from falling for someone who appears a certain way and is in reality someone else. Piya and Abhay's 'love' reminds me of these internet 'loves' that almost everyone is falling in these days....you can show yourself to be just about anyone behind a little screen and someone falls for that 'image' of you. Now here the difference is Piya DOES know his qualities, but she does NOT know who he actually is, which you can't deny is a big big factor for 'falling in love'.

DISCLAIMER: Just because I wrote all that gibberish doesn't mean I actually believe in this overrated 'emotion'. :p

πŸ˜† seems you and me will go on in circles with you saying love is such and such ,and i be saying no! its such and suchπŸ˜† and about Piya too!

although we seems to agree in few points..thank God!πŸ˜›

but i still believe love is not overrated, call me an emotional,  hormonal driven, romantic fool, the least i careπŸ˜‰ ..

it does exist!,  but some people abuse its concept and misuse its name to fulfill their selfish lustful desires and thats really sad 

your example of being a transsexual, and your disclaimer cracked me up🀣..dont be so cynicalπŸ˜†πŸ˜›

Edited by ka7eela - 13 years ago
Amber_1 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: ka7eela

πŸ˜† seems you and me will go on in circles with you saying love is such and such ,and i be saying no! its such and suchπŸ˜† and about Piya too!

although we seems to agree in few points..thank God!πŸ˜›

but i still believe love is not overrated, call me an emotional,  hormonal driven, romantic fool, the least i careπŸ˜‰ ..

it does exist!,  but some people abuse its concept and misuse its name to fulfill their selfish lustful desires and thats really sad 

your example of being a transsexual, and your disclaimer cracked me up🀣..dont be so cynicalπŸ˜†πŸ˜›

LOL I know...we just have a different POV =\

Anyhow...well it obviously does exist. But there's much more to it than that 'invisible bond' that people talk of. Love has respect, care, expectations, physical attraction, attachment blah blah. Its not a MAGICAL thing sent down to us that comes out of nowhere. Its mixed with a lot of other emotions, and when we find that in one single person we know we want to spend our life with them. Its a good feeling...been there but its not MAGICAL. It can get ugly, with lots of hurt and blah blah...magical things arent ugly =D

ah lmao...I reread my post AFTER submitting it and wanted to edit the trans gender part pretty badly, but then left it there. πŸ˜†
ka7eela thumbnail

LOL I know...we just have a different POV =\

Anyhow...well it obviously does exist. But there's much more to it than that 'invisible bond' that people talk of. Love has respect, care, expectations, physical attraction, attachment blah blah. Its not a MAGICAL thing sent down to us that comes out of nowhere. Its mixed with a lot of other emotions, and when we find that in one single person we know we want to spend our life with them. Its a good feeling...been there but its not MAGICAL. It can get ugly, with lots of hurt and blah blah...magical things arent ugly =D

ah lmao...I reread my post AFTER submitting it and wanted to edit the trans gender part pretty badly, but then left it there. πŸ˜†

i know there is so much more to it then meet the eye, thats why i said its a mix of many emotions and as you said it consists of respect, understanding, caring..etc

@ bold i know what you mean sometimes it can turn ugly but then maybe it wasn't true love after all! or maybe was but then when you get to know him well you started to hate his guts hence you parted

aree yaar let me believe that it is magical!πŸ˜† i want to experience it tooπŸ˜‰
@blueπŸ˜† dont worry i know you are a girl πŸ˜†..jk

Amber_1 thumbnail

i know there is so much more to it then meet the eye, thats why i said its a mix of many emotions and as you said it consists of respect, understanding, caring..etc

@ bold i know what you mean sometimes it can turn ugly but then maybe it wasn't true love after all! or maybe was but then when you get to know him well you started to hate his guts hence you parted

aree yaar let me believe that it is magical!πŸ˜† i want to experience it tooπŸ˜‰
@blueπŸ˜† dont worry i know you are a girl πŸ˜†..jk

*sigh*
That little period of butterflies in the tummy and heart sinking is TOTALLY worth all the crap that comes when reality hits. So alright...it is magical. πŸ˜†

Anyhow...another one of the things i totally disagree with. Just like you can fall without a reason, you can fall out of it without a reason too. That doesn't make your emotions or feelings invalid. Love is a mixture of so many emotions....and just because you don't respect the person like before or that attraction isn't present anymore because of circumstances or whatever reason, doesn't mean your emotions were never true to begin with.

So many women stay in abusive relationships because of this one word. Being 'in love' doesn't mean you should take the crap. People change, our emotions tied to those people can change with them. There's nothing wrong with it. But that shouldn't make your feelings invalid.

and lmao...don't worry I have no plans of giving up my lady-hood. πŸ˜†
Edited by Amber_1 - 13 years ago
ka7eela thumbnail
πŸ˜•

*sigh*
That little period of butterflies in the tummy and heart sinking is TOTALLY worth all the crap that comes when reality hits. So alright...it is magical. πŸ˜†

Anyhow...another one of the things i totally disagree with. Just like you can fall without a reason, you can fall out of it without a reason too. That doesn't make your emotions or feelings invalid. Love is a mixture of so many emotions....and just because you don't respect the person like before or that attraction isn't present anymore because of circumstances or whatever reason, doesn't mean your emotions were never true to begin with.

So many women stay in abusive relationships because of this one word. Being 'in love' doesn't mean you should take the crap. People change, our emotions tied to those people can change with them. There's nothing wrong with it. But that shouldn't make your feelings invalid.

and lmao...don't worry I have no plans of giving up my lady-hood. πŸ˜†

@ bold ..thank you! thank you!, you agreed at lastπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

@ green.. emotions are never invalid,
but i believe that when its true and deep love it will grow with time, but we can not take everything for granted, a couple has to strive to keep the love strong, y being there for each other, caring for each other , respecting , giving each other space..etc 
this what makes love go stronger

@ blue falling in love with a selfish or abusive person is the worst kind of love, and people who stay with them are fools, and eventually will destroy their lives 

@ brown..thank God! and who wanna be a hairy gorilla eww!πŸ˜†
( p.s i hope no boys are reading this)
Edited by ka7eela - 13 years ago
monar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I stalked and I ended up here.. πŸ˜• and now thoroughly confused... Kaheela... Amber.. are you guys doing some research on LOVE.. πŸ˜² Ouuuchhhh.. kindaa emotional atyachaar..

I second Amber and Krystal with deifinition of love.. and Kaheela I agree with the title too πŸ˜† she better should not poke her nose in any ones life does  not matter who..
Vampire kya Hawt! glittering insaan nahi hote? kya unka Dil nahi hota.. 😭

.. she better should give space to other person.. lol! but I dont know how much space requires incase of Vampires.. πŸ€”
Edited by monar - 13 years ago
Amber_1 thumbnail
Originally posted by: monar

I stalked and I ended up here.. πŸ˜• and now thoroughly confused... Kaheela... Amber.. are you guys doing some research on LOVE.. πŸ˜² Ouuuchhhh.. kindaa emotional atyachaar..

I second Amber and Krystal with deifinition of love.. and Kaheela I agree with the title too πŸ˜† she better should not poke her nose in any ones life does  not matter who..
Vampire kya Hawt! glittering insaan nahi hote? kya unka Dil nahi hota.. 😭

.. she better should give space to other person.. lol! but I dont know how much space requires incase of Vampires.. πŸ€”

Lmao...oh my God its been SO long since I've seen this font..I actually went 'omG' when I saw your post. πŸ˜†

and nah...I just have a little issue with those 'out of the world' descriptions of LOVE...seriously.

PS: didn't know you followed the show too :p quite surprised. πŸ˜†
Amber_1 thumbnail

@ blue falling in love with a selfish or abusive person is the worst kind of love, and people who stay with them are fools, and eventually will destroy their lives 

@ brown..thank God! and who wanna be a hairy gorilla eww!πŸ˜†
( p.s i hope no boys are reading this)

Most women in abusive relationships don't actually fall for that person, but like I said..people change. People can turn ugly and our emotions that are tied to their personality CAN change too which SHOULD happen in case of these abusive relationships...but these women are in too much of a daze to let go of anything.

oh and the amount of desi women I've seen resembling himalayan cats...I don't think the hair will be an issue while going for a gender change. :p
usha786 thumbnail
she will not come back, she will come know that raaz ya phir she will be die, but forget it she will not come back
monar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Amber - good to see ya too .. how are you? and yes I follow this show and many other as much as I follow Yeti (now that you mentioned Himalayan Cats) .. I actually watch it once in a while and believe me whenever I do some absurd track either starts or ends πŸ˜• my bad luck..

lol! you guys had quite an interesting discussion,

girls falling for abuser the only term comes into my mind is Stockholm syndrome in case of females ah! we are so good in convincing ourselves... πŸ€”