Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

isnt sushant a dancer (Page 5)

peachesnplums IF-Sizzlerz
peachesnplums
peachesnplums

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 6:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by desi_baby07

Umm I'm not taking sides here.. so please don't jump on me. Embarrassed
I like Sushant, as much as I like the others too. I even liked Krushna.. but I guess Robin wasn't the best choreo for him.

Anyhow, why are people jumping on Sushant just because he's a trained dancer?!! Even in the previous seasons of this show, there have been trained dancers, or ones that have danced sometime in their lifetime. If they can come here to show their talent.. then why not Sushant?

-aisha.

ps. not here to start conflicts.. I just find it harsh to point fingers at someone who's not even at fault. :/

agree, in season 2, sudha chandran was there, who has been doing classical dancing for over 25 years (and most of those have been performing with her prosthetic leg Clap)..unfair to pick on 1 person because he is trained. also, as people pointed out in previous posts, ragini, yana are trained as well..and even in previous seasons, there have been trained dancers.

Edited by peachesnplums - 07 January 2011 at 6:35am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Armu4evadesi_baby07

Curlylocks IF-Stunnerz
Curlylocks
Curlylocks

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 7:01am | IP Logged
dis s really funny cz for da first time in jhalak history, da show is up & runnin with no controversies so far but our forum's creatin waves of controversies... LOLLOL

first salman ws accused for hoggin limelight and now sushant?!?!  i need to get some popcorn before i check our JDJ home i guess ROFL

well my pov is  simple. dis show is for celebrities and sushant is a celebrity so technically he deserve to take part in da show. if da producers dont hav any issue, y would anybody else bother?!?!?!

peace & love to all Hug

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

vinsheCuteCherrylunzanikitagmc

CuteCherry Goldie
CuteCherry
CuteCherry

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 7:07am | IP Logged
[
the other celebs like akhil, mahi, ragini, ankita (maybe), renuka, etc are all non-dancers, or atleast, they havent been on any other major dancing shows like sushant and krushna. these celebs are putting in ALL their might n effort to improve each week but fall flat because dancers like sushant have been repeatedly scoring high even though its totally his hardwork. its almost impossible for them to reach that benchmark - as of yet. but they try each week, just to get a better score than the week before (like ragini).
[/QUOTE]

to clear the facts mahi, ragini, ankita even renuka for a fact is not a non dancer.idk about renuka but mahi, ragini and ankita have done a lot of stage shows and they all have some background in dancing in fact ragini is a trained dancer. also, if u have seen the last episode Sushant stated that he always tries to bring something new and doesn't think about his scores. i mean this  guy works 12 to 13 hours in one of the popular tv show and comes and rehearse and puts so much input and hardwork into it and always tries hard.it's not like he is sitting thinkin that he is a good dancer and popular so he can just get it through. he is working hard in it and plus he gets less time to rehearse so instead of apreaciating his efforts and hardwork y r u making it sound like he just sits there???? btw Sushant has only been in one dance show which was ZND and he hardly performed because he was unwell almost throughout the season. 

P.S- instead of finding faults in others, people should start supporting there favorites and put inputs in a way that would help there favorites.
Bashing Sushant is not gonna make ur favorites score higher and or even win JDJ.Wink

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

lunzanikitagmccoolpratz

lunza IF-Rockerz
lunza
lunza

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 7:16am | IP Logged
oh ya .. ZND turned out to be a bit of a nightmare for sushant .. it took a toll on his health .. he hurt his leg .. had to be admitted to the hospital .. fainted on the sets .. D'oh..then stomach infection if I am not mistaken..
don't think he enjoyed the ZND experience much..

Edited by lunza - 07 January 2011 at 7:20am

CuteCherrynikitagmccoolpratz

EatPrayLove Senior Member
EatPrayLove
EatPrayLove

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 7:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nikitagmc

@EatPrayLove:

Now this training, at many points, is NOT an advantage. During ZNKD, the boys team had done a group act of 'staccato' dancing- they had dressed up as zombies and were dancing like them. At that time, Vaibhavi Merchant picked out on Sushant and said that he hadn't got the dance right like the others- the Jazz style had unconsciously come into his movements- everyone else in the team (including untrained dancers and a little child) had done better than him- the raw feel of the movements was correct.

If you've been reading around this forum, you must have read how Sushant supporters were expressing their fears that he wouldn't do very well this week in street dancing-- reason? His movements are of the 'flowy' and 'flowery' kind- not the type for something like 'Locking and Popping'. We had written in a number of threads that he would have to 'unlearn' the jazz if he had to do LnP, otherwise he would get a similar comment once again. Its a good thing however that he did well, maybe he really worked hard on his style.

So you see, its not always an advantage to be trained.

I'd no idea about this ZNKD thing. But confining ourselves only to JDJ for now, you will agree that till now Sushant's training has only worked in his favour, and not against him in any manner, right? Don't you think that his amazing performances would have been substantially less so were he not trained? To put it differently, wouldn't the other contestants have scored higher were they aware of the basic techniques of dance, and regularly putting it into use, as is the case with Sushant?

I'll try to make my point clear this way: In ALL award shows, we always have two categories: Best Debut Actor, and Best Actor. This distinction is made to ensure that competition remains fair. You cannot expect Ranbir to win against Aamir. IMO, JDJ is about the people who fit in "Debut Dancer" category, WHO ARE NOT PROFESSIONALS/TRAINED IN THE FIELD OF DANCING. They may have dancing experience, but they ARE NOT DANCERS. Sushant, on the contrary, most obviously belongs to the "Best Dancer" category. He's way ahead of the other contestants which makes his victory much more probable than that of the others.

Now having Sushant competing with the likes of Akhil, Daya etc totally destroys their chances, like a common "best actor" award will destroy all chances of any newcomer ever winning an award.

I know my analogy is weird, but this is the best I could manage.

Other than that- the judges always scrutinize the trained ones MORE. Sushant got 20 for his first dance which was said to be GOOD. Ragini, Daya and others got 22/23 when their acts were NOT APPRECIATED. You see the difference in the level of scoring???

But that was only in the first round, when the judges scores were totally :-O. After that, Sushant has consistently got great scores, (for his undoubtedly great performances), and in fact, has set the bar EXTREMELY high for the other contestants.

Eventually the judges method of individual analysis makes a difference. Maybe yes, somewhere the advantage of being trained/danced before creeps in- they have more control over their postures and their body- and it would be perfect if the channel gets dancers of an equal level to take part. BUT THAT IS PRACTICALLY IMPOSSIBLE- REASON??? The channel DOES NOT know the complete dance background of every person. Sometimes people do not 'train professionally' in a dance form but learn it outside- in their community, at school etc. The Rajasthani folk that Ankita did--- she had done a dance similar to it in SCHOOL as a child and hence she could do it- if you have seen the rehearsal video- it was she who was guiding her choreographer about getting the steps right.  Sushant could do the sword fighting thing cos he has learnt martial arts and his choreo cleverly used it in the dance by taking an appropriate theme. Mahi Vij said that she doesn't know how to dance, but knows bhangra (maybe cos of her background). Daya too said on the JDJ site that he dances in parties with his friends. Akhil maybe knowing bhangra too, for all we know.

It's difficult and requires hard work, but certainly not IMPOSSIBLE. If the channel does not know the dance background of the people, well, it pretty much has to FIND OUT! And I'm not talking about EXPERIENCE in dancing, I'm talking about the TRAINING, which basically makes a person a real, actual DANCER. Experience toh everyone has, even I, being the worst possible dancer in the whole of humankind, have embarrassed myself and my family at baraats.The unfair element is not coz of the experience, it's coz of the training.

Now how will the channel go into such depths to find out exactly how much past dancing experience a person has, and then decide whether he/she should be a candidate on this show???
As I said, they needn't go into such depths. Just a basic knowledge of whether they are trained or not. That's it.
We do not live in an idealistic world na! Every system has its flaws/limitations. Nothing is perfect.
Well, that's just my point. Having Sushant in JDJ is a flaw/limitation from the organisers part, and it makes their work imperfect.

I'd like to repeat myself and clarify THAT NO ONE IS BASHING SUSHANT. He's a wonderful person, extremely modest, one hell of a good dancer, and undeniably gorgeous. I'm not saying ki he does not deserve to be on JDJ. I'm just saying ki his being on JDJ definitely acts as a major disadvantage to the others and thus, ONLY BECAUSE OF THE ORGANISERS, it is UNFAIR. Period.

And I really wonder exactly why are Sushant fans considering this as a case of sour grapes. :S.
I mean seriously, NOBODY denies Sushant's abilities, talents, hard work. We love our favorites, but what is unfair is so, and why is making an ordinary point, WITHOUT any bashing whatsoever, being taken in such a negative sense?!

And why should this topic be closed, really? Just coz it encourages a healthy discussion and doesn't have people swooning over one celeb or the other?! So far, I really don't think there has been any bashing that his topic should be closed!

@nikita : Thanks for an interesting and intelligent reply. I'm enjoying this discussion. And you do seem to be SERIOUSLY in love with Sushant :)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

nikitagmc

nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 7:35am | IP Logged
@Nadzgirl:

Your philosophy is so simple and so clear. I love it!!

Exactly my point- when the contestants, the judges, the production people don't have any problems, its not against the concept also, then why is everyone getting so worked up about it. The contestants entered into the show with open eyes- no one forced them into it.

Everyone has favourites, even I do, but why the need to pull down others saying he is not deserving or he shouldn't have been there? Enjoy the show and vote for your favourite, maamla khatam!!!

@lunza: You're forgetting the accident part. He had an accident in ZND when he fell on glass. Luckily he didn't hurt his face, but his hands showed signs of injury in his first performance.

Sushant did very few dances in ZND. He was ill or hurt most of the time.

CuteCherrylunzaCurlylocks

Curlylocks IF-Stunnerz
Curlylocks
Curlylocks

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 7:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nikitagmc

@Nadzgirl:

Your philosophy is so simple and so clear. I love it!!

Exactly my point- when the contestants, the judges, the production people don't have any problems, its not against the concept also, then why is everyone getting so worked up about it. The contestants entered into the show with open eyes- no one forced them into it.

Everyone has favourites, even I do, but why the need to pull down others saying he is not deserving or he shouldn't have been there? Enjoy the show and vote for your favourite, maamla khatam!!!

@lunza: You're forgetting the accident part. He had an accident in ZND when he fell on glass. Luckily he didn't hurt his face, but his hands showed signs of injury in his first performance.

Sushant did very few dances in ZND. He was ill or hurt most of the time.

tnx jaana  Embarrassed i find it really annoyn when ppl try to make stories out of such things instead of talkin abt da performances

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

CuteCherrylunza

Curlylocks IF-Stunnerz
Curlylocks
Curlylocks

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 7:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lunza

oh ya .. ZND turned out to be a bit of a nightmare for sushant .. it took a toll on his health .. he hurt his leg .. had to be admitted to the hospital .. fainted on the sets .. D'oh..then stomach infection if I am not mistaken..
don't think he enjoyed the ZND experience much..

gosh nice review dear...couldnt stop laughin ROFL ROFL i watchd znd only for sushi & additi.... yeahh he gav me jitters through out dat show and i didnt like dat concept at all 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

lunza

Go to top