Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

isnt sushant a dancer (Page 3)

suchi_dev2006 Goldie
suchi_dev2006
suchi_dev2006

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 3:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nikitagmc

Originally posted by suchi_dev2006

Sushant definitely a very good dancer, he has the capability to win a genuine dance show consists of genuine dancers.. so why he has to come here to prove his capability?

Well, he hasn't 'come here'.

He was invited by the Sony and JDJ people to take part. It was within their format- they weren't going against their format.

I am not against Sushant..but trying to say that it was wrong from the part of the organiser , inviting both trained and non trained people... thats it..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

prettywomen22blyton

nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 4:01am | IP Logged
@suchi-dev2006: Dear, please go and read my whole reply to EatPrayLove

You will yourself understand that it is IMPOSSIBLE for the organisers to know the past dance experience of every contestant. Many people dance at informal events, in their community (bhangra, garba etc) , at school and learn from it. Some people use it in their dances when the time comes, some do not.

Mahi said she knows bhangra (so her choreo made her do a bit of bhangra in her first dance. very clever)

Ankita is untrained too. She did a Rajasthani dance IN SCHOOL. She used it in her dance. Mission accomplished.

Krushna is good in govinda style dancing- he used it in his first performance- it was a hit. Mission accomplished again.

Sushant has learnt some martial arts- his choreo used it during mrityunjay. Mission accomplished yet again.

All these three examples above, so not come in criteria of training. It is upto the choreos to use up the hidden talent in their participants. Sushant is good with expressions and his choreo is using it. Similarily others should use the strong point of their contestants.

In the last season, till the end, Sonia, Baichung's choreo maintained that he was not good dancer but had an agile and athletic body. She made use of this aspect in their dances and they did well.

Similarily Vrushali can use it too with Daya. The fall in the bhangra, the carrying in Tango, all were perfect. She can make use of his strength in a good manner. 'Mr. himalaya' has a rough appeal which is his X-factor and she should try to use it in her dances- I liked his first performance more than I liked Sushant's.

Cribbing about who is trained and who is not is not going to get anyone anywhere. Eventually the choreo needs to make best use of what he/she has in her hands.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

--Minks--Armu4evaCuteCherrylunzadesi_baby07coolpratz

lunza IF-Rockerz
lunza
lunza

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 4:05am | IP Logged
^^^ adding to the post above .. ragini has trained in bollywood style for one year ... Neerav hasn't tapped on to her full potential yet (except maybe in folk round)... here neerav has come up short ..
yana is probably more trained than ragini and sushant put together..

Edited by lunza - 07 January 2011 at 4:15am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Armu4evaCuteCherryprettywomen22coolpratznikitagmc

prettywomen22 IF-Dazzler
prettywomen22
prettywomen22

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 4:17am | IP Logged
I agree to Suchi's comments.  Daya Sir has never danced before.  Facing camera doesn't qualify him to be a better dancer.  Being absolutely no dancer and carrying that physique, he is doing marvellous.  Kudos my hero !!!  Tongue Tongue Tongue

Besides, the format of JDJ is to invite non-dancing celebrities.  I heard this from the horse's mouth (Remo) who said that in the very first show (which was telecasted again yesterday Wink and heard it again)

It is from that angle we try to compare the non-dancing stars to the ones who have tried their dancing capabilities earlier.

No offense meant to any of the fans here.  We all love Sushanth too.  It is too bad he is already hitched LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

suchi_dev2006astonish

Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

** Super Coolbie **

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 4:24am | IP Logged
My gawwdd.. talk about 'sour grapes' .... just coz Sushant is getting great scores...suddenly an outcry??

Like Niki said ...barring Akhil every single person has done some amount of dancing.......or faced the camera doing some grooving....so i guess everyone should be shown the door...???

Sushant is working hard...contributing and developing unique concepts with his choreo....despite of being the lead of one of the most popular daily soaps shooting for 10-12 hrs daily and yet rehearsing... instead of appreciating his efforts n hardwork.. people are finding fault???

Every season of JDJ has had contestants who have some past dancing experience.. Shweta Salve.. Sandhya Mridul ...Monica Bedi  so it isnt anything NEW or done just THIS SEASON....!!!!

Sushant rockssssss and what he is getting is the fruit of his labor and efforts....!!!! Heart

Edited by Armu4eva - 07 January 2011 at 4:26am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

kripsyCuteCherrylunzanikitagmc

mehak.S IF-Sizzlerz
mehak.S
mehak.S

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 4:25am | IP Logged
Watever be the case bt he is an amazing dancer n m goad he is on the show n I really hope he wins.. There have been contestants on JDJ before who were dancers It's nt like they always bring in non dancers

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Armu4evaCuteCherrylunza

nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 4:31am | IP Logged
@prettywoman22: Really???? I read something on the contrary from Remo Sir's  blog on the JDJ site.

From what I remember, he said he will evaluate each contestant individually cos some are not-trained. He would not compare them to each other.

And that is exactly what he has been doing.

Go through the description of the show that I-F has posted. I have posted it too on the first page.

I'm not against Daya too. In fact, I'm not against any contestant- even Akhil. Being a bad dancer, I know for myself that dancing is difficult. All the celebrities deserve a round of applause for being so sporting and taking up this competition, especially if they haven't performed before.

But I absolutely am not in favour of this BIAS against Sushant. He is trained, so is it his fault? Where is the poor guy supposed to perform and show his talent then? Heck, even your own Daya Sir does not complain about him, none of the contestants do, even Remo, Madhuri, Malaika, none of them mind. In fact they are strict with Sushant for this thing. He got 20 in his first performance cos Remo had seen him dancing with Shakti (winner of DID) when he had come as a guest performer. Daya got more than that.

Apart from that, if you go through all my arguments in this thread, you will understand well that it is useless to bring up this same excuse again and again, especially when JUSTIFICATIONS AND FACTS have been given repeatedly in his favour. After a point, instead of a healthy exchange of ideas, it starts looking like a case of sour grapes.

EDIT ADD:

I have absolutely no problem if someone says that we want a 'non-dancer' or a first timer to win. Even I said it myself that it would be great if someone who has rarely danced before, like Daya or Krushna (two in whom I saw great potential) reaches the finals.

I also do not feel it is unfair if someone says I want him/her to win cos I like the person. No problem.  We all have our favourites.

But I do not agree when someone says that Sushant didn't deserve to be here, or he doesn't deserve to win. We all have our favourites, nothing wrong in it, but its not fair to pull down the one at the top to raise up our favourite contestant IMHO.

Edited by nikitagmc - 07 January 2011 at 4:39am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

--Minks--Armu4evaCuteCherrylunzacoolpratzTani91

sensodyne IF-Rockerz
sensodyne
sensodyne

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 4:34am | IP Logged
This thread is till ON and can we have thread made to saying Sushant doesn't deserve to be on this show,so that many can show love for Sushant saying he doesn't deserve to be on this show blah blah  as this is like nth post which is saying same thing about he being "trained" or saying he doesn't deserve to be on this show.

Niki,you are still defending why are you wasting time on people who are not mood to listen to you  *sigh* girl you have loads of patience.LOL

Edited by nishr - 07 January 2011 at 4:38am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Armu4evaCuteCherrylunza

Go to top