India-Forums

Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars
Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

isnt sushant a dancer (Page 2)

AshVikrocks Senior Member
AshVikrocks
AshVikrocks

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 1:43am | IP Logged
hey i'm not angry on u...i kno dat sushant is a gud dancer...i've watched his all dances with ankita and even i was a regular watcher of ZND2...but i think MODS shuld close dis topic....and i'm rahul...Smile

nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 1:47am | IP Logged
Hi Rahul!!!

I knew you were not angry. LOL Just wanted to clarify so that anyone else does not misunderstand.

Yes I hope the mods will close this topic since it has been discussed a no. of times in this forum.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

lunza

EatPrayLove Senior Member
EatPrayLove
EatPrayLove

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 2:10am | IP Logged
Ahh so before Mods close this topic, my thoughts:

Well, I feel Sushant being a trained dancer is seriously unfair to the other contestants. This is not to say that this is HIS fault, or that his brilliant performances deserve lesser merit on that account. No. But then it's like, every team has just one trained dancer, and Sushant's team has two! Isn't that somehow advantageous to them? Plus the fact that he has been a part of Shiamak Dawar's dance troupe....doesn't that give him an extra edge over the others? The producers should have considered these details before roping in Sushant as a contestant. Abhi everyone knows that Sushant is going to win. Competition should be between equals, not professionals and amateurs.

P.S: No offense at all to Sushant fans, even I find him amazing. And that's the whole point. He's much too amazing for the other contestants!

P.P.S: If there are other trained dancers here, then THEY have an unfair advantage too. And if this has happened in the previous seasons, then THAT was unfair too.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

alita0Noor_Ul_Ainprettywomen22blyton--ania--

suchi_dev2006 Goldie
suchi_dev2006
suchi_dev2006

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 3:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nikitagmc

@Yarav: But Daya has atleast performed on stage na, in that jodi awards thing? Akhil ne to camera hi nahi face kiya. LOL He is the qualified 'non dancer' person who has faced the camera for first time, so guys vote for Akhil!!! LOL

look friend, Daya performed on stage in Jodi award but it was held when he was already a Jhalak contestant..The time he agreed to do Jhalak, that time he didn't perform on stage right? so how can you say that only non dancer is Akhil?

There will definitely be difference between a trained one and a non trained one.. how many time try to justify that sushant is eligible to participate here.. everybody knows that any competition becomes unfair if the level of the contestants is not same...

It is also unfair to bring those people who have participated before in any dance competition.. or who are professional dancers(whether have trained or not), people like Hemant Kumar , Kishore Kumar were not trained at the beginning of their career.. but if there any such singing competiton happened in the past.. and they came there claiming that they didn't have training.. so didn't be it unfair to other contestants? ..

Sushant definitely a very good dancer, he has the capability to win a genuine dance show consists of genuine dancers.. so why he has to come here to prove his capability?

Edited by suchi_dev2006 - 07 January 2011 at 3:06am

prettywomen22

BeingAnonymous IF-Stunnerz
BeingAnonymous
BeingAnonymous

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 3:09am | IP Logged
In that case only daya and akhil are eligible nobody else
nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 3:24am | IP Logged
@EatPrayLove:

Sushant isn't as trained as you think he is. He trained for some time ONLY IN JAZZ and then Shiamak advised him to go try his hand in acting cos he had lovely expressions.Thumbs Up

Now this training, at many points, is NOT an advantage. During ZNKD, the boys team had done a group act of 'staccato' dancing- they had dressed up as zombies and were dancing like them. At that time, Vaibhavi Merchant picked out on Sushant and said that he hadn't got the dance right like the others- the Jazz style had unconsciously come into his movements- everyone else in the team (including untrained dancers and a little child) had done better than him- the raw feel of the movements was correct.

If you've been reading around this forum, you must have read how Sushant supporters were expressing their fears that he wouldn't do very well this week in street dancing-- reason? His movements are of the 'flowy' and 'flowery' kind- not the type for something like 'Locking and Popping'. We had written in a number of threads that he would have to 'unlearn' the jazz if he had to do LnP, otherwise he would get a similar comment once again. Its a good thing however that he did well, maybe he really worked hard on his style.

So you see, its not always an advantage to be trained. Other than that- the judges always scrutinize the trained ones MORE. Sushant got 20 for his first dance which was said to be GOOD. Ragini, Daya and others got 22/23 when their acts were NOT APPRECIATED. You see the difference in the level of scoring???

Eventually the judges method of individual analysis makes a difference. Maybe yes, somewhere the advantage of being trained/danced before creeps in- they have more control over their postures and their body- and it would be perfect if the channel gets dancers of an equal level to take part. BUT THAT IS PRACTICALLY IMPOSSIBLE- REASON??? The channel DOES NOT know the complete dance background of every person. Sometimes people do not 'train professionally' in a dance form but learn it outside- in their community, at school etc. The Rajasthani folk that Ankita did--- she had done a dance similar to it in SCHOOL as a child and hence she could do it- if you have seen the rehearsal video- it was she who was guiding her choreographer about getting the steps right.  Sushant could do the sword fighting thing cos he has learnt martial arts and his choreo cleverly used it in the dance by taking an appropriate theme. Mahi Vij said that she doesn't know how to dance, but knows bhangra (maybe cos of her background). Daya too said on the JDJ site that he dances in parties with his friends. Akhil maybe knowing bhangra too, for all we know.

Now how will the channel go into such depths to find out exactly how much past dancing experience a person has, and then decide whether he/she should be a candidate on this show???

We do not live in an idealistic world na! Every system has its flaws/limitations. Nothing is perfect. The contestants have accepted this selection system as such. They took part in this competition knowing well that there might be dancers better than them. The judges accepted it and said initially itself that they would judge on an individual basis.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

kripsyCuteCherry..Sonii..lunzaTani91coolpratzAreYaar

nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 3:27am | IP Logged
@suchi-dev2006:

I've said it once, I'll say it again- that post was not written with an intent to classify who's a dancer and who's a non-dancer. Regarding the rest of your grievances, I have already addressed them in my post above. Think about it if you want to, I have put up my reasoning with JUSTIFICATIONS. If you do want to accept even then, then we will have to agree to disagree.

lunza

nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 3:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by suchi_dev2006

Sushant definitely a very good dancer, he has the capability to win a genuine dance show consists of genuine dancers.. so why he has to come here to prove his capability?

Well, he hasn't 'come here'.

He was invited by the Sony and JDJ people to take part. It was within their format- they weren't going against their format.

And which genuine dance shows are you talking about? DID? DPL? He's a popular celebrity yaar- now he cannot take part in shows like DID... else the audience will start voting for him like crazy, it wouldn't be fair to other contestants on the show then who are commoners and don't have a fan base.

The only celebrity dancing shows are: Nach Baliye and JDJ. But here too, if people keep bringing the 'he's trained' issue, then where is he supposed to show his talent?

Edited by nikitagmc - 07 January 2011 at 3:35am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

CuteCherrylunza

Go to top