Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

isnt sushant a dancer (Page 11)

sensodyne IF-Rockerz
sensodyne
sensodyne

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 1:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Originally posted by nishr

And why is talking in favour of some one is called "fangirl" is defending some one know to be fan girl? Confused
Because I thought fan girl is some one who bashes the member and praises his favourite even he/she does rite,but I didn't see any of Sushant fan bashing.Confused

I already addressed my stance on "repeated topics" above, so you can read that there. Thanks for the links - if you had given them in your first post and asked that we refer to the discussion there, it would have made things more simpler for the rest of us who weren't around back then.

As far as the term "fan girl" goes, its not a derogatory label. Fan girl is a term to describe a fan who is a girl - I'm not sure why you are adding your own connotation to it.

Don't you think if I post all those links each and every time if some makes post  every time on Sushant like this will be annoying. Tongue LOL

If you didn't tell about "fan girl" in derogatory manner then it's my mistake that I took it another way,but  here in IF "fan girl" is not defined in same manner you told it's some thing scary where fans comes to attack you in bad manner.

From your previously reply

If you're tired of expressing your opinion on this topic again and again, I'm only suggesting that you stop participating. If mods aren't doing anything then why should members care?

Please don't turn Sushant into the next KSG where we can't even discuss him like a regular contestant without his fans taking offense to everything that is said about him.

@Bold:Completely agree!

@Blue: Why is that any celebrity who is famous automatically compared to KSG??
Is it bad to be famous because I have known KSG fans and I can bet none of Sushant fans are like his fans and best example would be this thread only if this was about KSG,then by now it would have reached 50 pages with loads of bashing for members who spoke about him.

Finding flaws in Sushant is not bad and to praise him always is not at all good as he is no perfect dancer,but to talk about him more than your favourite contestant is something surprising me that's all. LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

kripsyArmu4eva

*Woh Ajnabee* IF-Sizzlerz
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 1:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nishr

Don't you think if I post all those links each and every time if some makes post  every time on Sushant like this will be annoying. Tongue LOL [/QUOTE

It will be much less annoying than you repeatedly asking everyone to stop discussing something because its been discussed before (without actually telling us where and when!). Tongue

[QUOTE=nishr]
@Bold:Completely agree!

@Blue: Why is that any celebrity who is famous automatically compared to KSG??
Is it bad to be famous because I have known KSG fans and I can bet none of Sushant fans are like his fans and best example would be this thread only if this was about KSG,then by now it would have reached 50 pages with loads of bashing for members who spoke about him.

Finding flaws in Sushant is not bad and to praise him always is not at all good as he is no perfect dancer,but to talk about him more than your favourite contestant is something surprising me that's all. LOL

We have had experience with KSG "fangirls" (intended to be derogatory this time Tongue) last season. At least Sushant can dance, KSG is only good for pouting his lips and showing off his muscles. I agree that if this was KSG we were discussing, this topic would be a war zone. I am only asking you guys to keep an open mind - throughout the season Sushant will be a topic of discussion (because I'm pretty sure he's going to be there until the end). Just because I don't watch his serials or don't have pictures of him in my AV or signature, does not automatically mean that I do not appreciate his talent as a dancer. He's a very graceful dancer and perhaps the best male dancer on the show right now (from the celebs of course). To me, Sushant is just like any other contestant. I will discuss him just like I discuss other contestants - and when other fans don't mind when their favorite is being discussed than you guys shouldn't either. :)

You don't even know who's my favorite! You're already assuming that Sushant isn't my favorite just because I argued something that you believe goes against him. LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sensodyne

Tiyali IF-Rockerz

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 2:01pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

kripsyArmu4evanikitagmc

sensodyne IF-Rockerz
sensodyne
sensodyne

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 2:12pm | IP Logged

We have had experience with KSG "fangirls" (intended to be derogatory this time Tongue) last season. At least Sushant can dance, KSG is only good for pouting his lips and showing off his muscles. I agree that if this was KSG we were discussing, this topic would be a war zone. I am only asking you guys to keep an open mind - throughout the season Sushant will be a topic of discussion (because I'm pretty sure he's going to be there until the end). Just because I don't watch his serials or don't have pictures of him in my AV or signature, does not automatically mean that I do not appreciate his talent as a dancer. He's a very graceful dancer and perhaps the best male dancer on the show right now (from the celebs of course). To me, Sushant is just like any other contestant. I will discuss him just like I discuss other contestants - and when other fans don't mind when their favorite is being discussed than you guys shouldn't either. :)

You don't even know who's my favorite! You're already assuming that Sushant isn't my favorite just because I argued something that you believe goes against him. LOL

Now you are assuming that I think you don't like Sushant did I mention in any of my post that you don't like him. LOL
I'm not much into reality show nor I watch much television now a days or go to any forum,so being in forum of a reality show is completely new to me may be as time goes I will get use to Sushant being in news so much,because till now he has not even been this much discussed in PR forum also.LOL

Edited by nishr - 08 January 2011 at 2:14pm

Armu4eva

-SilverAngel- IF-Stunnerz
-SilverAngel-
-SilverAngel-

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 4:20pm | IP Logged
Even if Sushaant is a dancer, it is no secret...no new comer could dance so well but the real deal is Shampa...she is going great guns which is working in Sushaant's favor cause he was in zara nachke as well and wasn't appreciated there as much as he has been here!!

lunza

nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 4:49pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by nikitagmc

I'm not sure why all these Sushant fan girls think that a topic discussing Sushant that does not praise him to no end needs to be closed because its somehow considered "bashing". Its a normal discussion and the OP is raising a valid point. If you have personally discussed this on the forum, feel free to ignore this topic and let others who may not have participated in the last discussion state their opinion. No harm in that, right?

I will give my views only on this part bcos I have expressed the rest of my opinions in the whole thread.

We did not ask for the thread to be closed bcos it bashes Sushant. In fact a peaceful member who has no problem with sushant suggested it first, bcos it has been discussed again and again, and explaining the same point of view again and again is a difficult thing. I have written the same arguments in about five threads. Everyone told that topics which are repeated are supposed to be closed and that is why I had requested this thread to be closed. If I was wrong here, then I APOLOGISE again. I have already apologised once to EatPrayLove, cos I apparently misunderstood the rules of the mods.

I have no problem with anyone expressing their opinion. By all means do so. I will be only too happy to read and participate. Most of the members here are from Pavitra Rishta forum, me too, where healthy debates are very common. Members are not biased and we don't hesitate in criticizing our favourites.

You don't need to apologize, hon. Not all of us have the time to go through pages and pages worth of topics to make sure it hasn't already been discussed. I look at the first page and participate in those discussions. If you're tired of expressing your opinion on this topic again and again, I'm only suggesting that you stop participating. If mods aren't doing anything then why should members care?Ouch Well, actually everyone brought up the 'thread closing' issue so many times here, despite me already clarifying once, that I felt as if I have done a CRIME here. Ah well, if people want to repeat the same topics again and again then okay, I'll also repeat my arguments again and again, I'll just copy them from one thread to another, I guessLOL. Besides, is anyone even reading all that others have posted? I and EatPrayLove are dissecting out things pointwise, others are simply reiterating their same grievance, despite the fact that a possible explanation has already been given by me. Why aren't people responding that way? Makes things easier for all. Well, each to his own I guess.

Please don't turn Sushant into the next KSG where we can't even discuss him like a regular contestant without his fans taking offense to everything that is said about him. Ouch No one has taken offense at anything here. Everyone is presenting their POV's peacefully. If we had taken offense we wouldn't be typing in so many posts patiently giving points to explain why we believe in the contrary. Sushant is NOT turning into another KSG, and I request you and everyone to please stop assuming us such type of crazy fans. Some people have said earlier that he did not deserve 30, none of his fans made a hue and cry over it. We simply put in our points and our views about what we believed in, in fact for the patriotic performance, some Sushant fans also said he didn't deserve 30. Then why the constant comparison to KSG.Ouch

lunza

EatPrayLove Senior Member
EatPrayLove
EatPrayLove

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 10:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nikitagmc

Originally posted by EatPrayLove

Thankyou for putting your points across with reasoning. I too enjoy healthy discussions as long as they are put across with justification, and not without reading other people's post or replying back to their point of view, and only claiming 'its unfair'. If we do not agree, we can always 'agree to disagree' peacefully.Smile
You're welcome, dear! And I think we'd have to agree to disagree on this issue, we're nearing no conclusion here LOL

I'd like to repeat myself and clarify THAT NO ONE IS BASHING SUSHANT. He's a wonderful person, extremely modest, one hell of a good dancer, and undeniably gorgeous.- I agree.Embarrassed I'm not saying ki he does not deserve to be on JDJ. I'm just saying ki his being on JDJ definitely acts as a major disadvantage to the others and thus, ONLY BECAUSE OF THE ORGANISERS, it is UNFAIR. Period. That is what I wanted to say by the ZNKD example, that his training is NOT ALWAYS an advantage to Sushant. I think you did not get my point there. There was a high probability that his Jazz training would have turned out to be a disadvantage to his 'locking and popping' this week- cos as Vaibhavi had pointed out- his Jazz style tends to interfere when he is doing OTHER dance styles. IF that had happened with locking and popping, then that jazz training would have become his disadvantage, wouldn't it? Luckily it did not happen this week and he managed to get a respectable 27, maybe bcos sushant-shampa worked hard on it and kept in mind that previous comment by Vaibhavi- unlearnt Jazz and worked on LnP

And then again, its the case that he is trained in JUST ONE dance form. I agree that has some advantages- he is confident about dancing, his lifts are pretty clear and all- but it comes with his fair share of disadvantages too, like I pointed above.

Hey I HAD gotten your point the first time round. What I was trying to say was , that so far, in Jhalak Dikhlaja itself, his training has not proved to be disadvantageous. It can , but it has NOT, so far. Further now I hardly think he's going to make the same mistak all over again. nce bitten twice shy, you see.
Plus the judges are judging the contestants on their individual levels right? Didn't they give Ragini a 30 for that folk dance and Sushant a 30 for his Mrityunjay act? The levels of both the dances were not equal, were they? But what they did was perfect where that particular theme, genre was considered and considering their past performances. If Sushant does an easy dance, will he get 30? NO. The bar has been raised but only for him- till now no judge has compared other contestants with his dancing, Remo has written in his blog too that he will compare the performances individually. So why is there a problem?
I know, I know. The judges are maybe judging them individually. But you forget that there are the greater judges, with more power, and that is the audience. The audience is definitely not being so kind. They're obviously going to compare. I do that, too. Even when I vote for Chang, there is this strange urge to vote for Sushant also as he is the most deserving, and ultimately I do end up throwing atleast one vote in the way of a guy who has the entire female popl of India voting for him, when my poor Chang could have so much more use for that single vote.

Abhi you say to someone ki Ragini deserves to win, or maybe Ankita deserves to win, and the obvious answer will be a reminder that there is THE Sushant Singh Rajput in the competition, and who can perform better than him and claim to deserve the JDJ trophy?! Bas yahi baat hai. People will vote for Sushant, he deserves those votes, but the other contestants seem weaker in comparison for no fault of their own, just because of Sushant's training which is so conspicuous in his performances. I mean, the guy dances like he's a professional.

And to be honest, I don't think the scores will be on an individual basis any longer. The competition will get tougher and so will the judges and ultimately comparisons will come into the foray.
If Sushant has a previous background as an advantage, then why do not the choreos try to find such advantages in their own contestants? Daya's rough appeal is his strong point- in his first as well as Munna bhai dance I liked it. His strength is another strong point- the lifts are good.  Vrushali should use that. Shekhar's lifts are bad- so his choreo should avoid putting too many lifts. If the choreos identify the strong points of their contestants and capitalise on them- it will help them more. Nishant used Ankita's previous Rajasthani dance knowledge to his advantage. Savio made Mahi do Bhangra in first performance.

But Sushant has a much superior advantage than all the others, he is TRAINED, which makes things infinitely easier for him and his choreo, don't you think so?

Am I sounding too optimistic here? Maybe. But I really believe that one needs to look at the half-fill part of the glass, than the half empty one. THAT is the route to success. Baichung was no dancer. His choreo Sonia capitalised his agility and lean-ness on the football field and gave him moves that would make him look good. That is what others need to do too. If he can defeat people like HArd Kaur, Gauhar and Sudha Chandran, then why not others?

See I think that the thing is, you are seeing thing's from Sushant's POV, and I'm doing that from the other contestant's viewpoint. Sushant ki taraf se I'd say ki koi galti nahi hai, he's totally right in participating and it's not his fault at all. But then what have the other contestants DONE to have someone like Sushant thrown in competition with THEM!?

And the point here is defo not whether others CAN win or not. It's simply this, ki because of Sushant's presence, victory becomes doubly hard, and unfairly so , for the other contestants to achieve.

And I really wonder exactly why are Sushant fans considering this as a case of sour grapes. :S.
I mean seriously, NOBODY denies Sushant's abilities, talents, hard work. We love our favorites, but what is unfair is so, and why is making an ordinary point, WITHOUT any bashing whatsoever, being taken in such a negative sense?!I do not take healthy discussion in a negative sense. In fact most people here are from Pavitra rishta Forum, and debates there are common. But here, the problem is most do not discuss when the debate is going on (we had one in the past too) and then bring up this topic, without any reasons as to why they think so, just in one line, and then do not reply back again. Plus this issue is brought out again and again in some way or the other in almost every thread. (You presented your points with proper reasons, reverting to mine, many didn't)That is why I said, that if the same point is brought out again and again, without adequate explanation, it LOOKS like a case of sour grapes, unfortunately.Cry

I agree, sometimes the posts are mere statements with no reasons, which can be highly annoying.

I also agree there is nothing wrong in having favourites, even I have been rooting for Sushant ever since I got the news that he would be in JDJ.Big smileBut why does everyone constantly need to pull him down by saying 'he is trained' and doesn't deserve it, and all, is my simple question.

Yes, that's defo completely wrong. After all, it's none of Sushant's fault that he is trained as opposed to the other contestants. So if anyone is bashing Sushant for this stupid reason, well, they're being stupid, that's all I can say. 

And why should this topic be closed, really? Just coz it encourages a healthy discussion and doesn't have people swooning over one celeb or the other?! So far, I really don't think there has been any bashing that his topic should be closed!Nope, I didn't request for the topic to be closed bcos of any celeb bashing at all. I asked for the topic to be closed bcos this issue has been discussed before, mods usually close down topics and articles which have been posted or discussed before- to the best of my knowledge. Others were saying that is the way it is, so I requested the mods to close it. Sorry if that was wrong.Embarrassed

Hey you need not apologise.Smile Yes, of course if this is a repeated topic it shud be closed at once. I had no idea about it being repeated, I've seen it the first time I think.

@nikita : Thanks for an interesting and intelligent reply. I'm enjoying this discussion. And you do seem to be SERIOUSLY in love with Sushant :)

That brings me to your debut actor/best actor philosophy. NOW THAT IS AN INTERESTING POINT.Big smile But that is difficult to apply here. Okay maybe we can have a competition only for non-dancers. but then where is poor Sushant to go? He won't be allowed in competitions like DID cos he's a celebrity and that would be unfair to other commoners who are participating. Even if we start a competition for 'trained dancers' then again it would be a problem- cos there are so many styles, and it is difficult to find contestants all trained in only one style- JAZZ- so that none would have an advantage over the other, especially if one is trained in classical dancing, which would put him/her in a very big advantage. Again- Sushant is not really trained- he's SEMI TRAINED- he knows jazz and that too he left cos Shiamak told him to go for acting. So where does poor Sushant go in such circumstances?Embarrassed

Again, from Sushant's POV, shows like JDJ are pretty much the only option for him. Bu consider things from the OTHER side, think about how tough and unfair the presence of dancers like Sushant makes it for the other contestants to survive!
I'm sorry I'm not being very detailed in my reasoning I'm really pressed for time.

and thank you for reverting back in such a nice manner. You're welcome :) Can I know your name please? Its difficult to call you EatPrayLove. LOL LOL yes, it must be. I'm Sonakshi, I told you so in my PM also:)

Edited by EatPrayLove - 08 January 2011 at 11:34pm

nikitagmc

lunza IF-Rockerz
lunza
lunza

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 10:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by EatPrayLove

Even when I vote for Chang, there is this strange urge to vote for Sushant also as he is the most deserving, and ultimately I do end up throwing atleast one vote in the way of a guy who has the entire female popl of India voting for him, when my poor Chang could have so much more use for that single vote.

I found this part really sweet lol.. Tongue

Edited by lunza - 08 January 2011 at 10:28pm

EatPrayLove

Go to top