Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sensodyne thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

I already addressed my stance on "repeated topics" above, so you can read that there. Thanks for the links - if you had given them in your first post and asked that we refer to the discussion there, it would have made things more simpler for the rest of us who weren't around back then.

As far as the term "fan girl" goes, its not a derogatory label. Fan girl is a term to describe a fan who is a girl - I'm not sure why you are adding your own connotation to it.

Don't you think if I post all those links each and every time if some makes post  every time on Sushant like this will be annoying. πŸ˜› πŸ˜†

If you didn't tell about "fan girl" in derogatory manner then it's my mistake that I took it another way,but  here in IF "fan girl" is not defined in same manner you told it's some thing scary where fans comes to attack you in bad manner.

From your previously reply

If you're tired of expressing your opinion on this topic again and again, I'm only suggesting that you stop participating. If mods aren't doing anything then why should members care?

Please don't turn Sushant into the next KSG where we can't even discuss him like a regular contestant without his fans taking offense to everything that is said about him.

@Bold:Completely agree!

@Blue: Why is that any celebrity who is famous automatically compared to KSG??
Is it bad to be famous because I have known KSG fans and I can bet none of Sushant fans are like his fans and best example would be this thread only if this was about KSG,then by now it would have reached 50 pages with loads of bashing for members who spoke about him.

Finding flaws in Sushant is not bad and to praise him always is not at all good as he is no perfect dancer,but to talk about him more than your favourite contestant is something surprising me that's all. πŸ˜†

*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
[QUOTE=nishr]

Don't you think if I post all those links each and every time if some makes post  every time on Sushant like this will be annoying. πŸ˜› πŸ˜† [/QUOTE

It will be much less annoying than you repeatedly asking everyone to stop discussing something because its been discussed before (without actually telling us where and when!). πŸ˜›

[QUOTE=nishr]
@Bold:Completely agree!

@Blue: Why is that any celebrity who is famous automatically compared to KSG??
Is it bad to be famous because I have known KSG fans and I can bet none of Sushant fans are like his fans and best example would be this thread only if this was about KSG,then by now it would have reached 50 pages with loads of bashing for members who spoke about him.

Finding flaws in Sushant is not bad and to praise him always is not at all good as he is no perfect dancer,but to talk about him more than your favourite contestant is something surprising me that's all. πŸ˜†

We have had experience with KSG "fangirls" (intended to be derogatory this time πŸ˜›) last season. At least Sushant can dance, KSG is only good for pouting his lips and showing off his muscles. I agree that if this was KSG we were discussing, this topic would be a war zone. I am only asking you guys to keep an open mind - throughout the season Sushant will be a topic of discussion (because I'm pretty sure he's going to be there until the end). Just because I don't watch his serials or don't have pictures of him in my AV or signature, does not automatically mean that I do not appreciate his talent as a dancer. He's a very graceful dancer and perhaps the best male dancer on the show right now (from the celebs of course). To me, Sushant is just like any other contestant. I will discuss him just like I discuss other contestants - and when other fans don't mind when their favorite is being discussed than you guys shouldn't either. :)

You don't even know who's my favorite! You're already assuming that Sushant isn't my favorite just because I argued something that you believe goes against him. πŸ˜†
dancer: is someone who dances professionally and makes money from it. sushant is a trained dancer, that too only in jazz. 
if you see it that way, most of us are trained in bollywood style..
sushant needs to learn many forms of dances and some of them goes agaisnt the jazz form of dance, which makes the process of learning harder...

sensodyne thumbnail

We have had experience with KSG "fangirls" (intended to be derogatory this time πŸ˜›) last season. At least Sushant can dance, KSG is only good for pouting his lips and showing off his muscles. I agree that if this was KSG we were discussing, this topic would be a war zone. I am only asking you guys to keep an open mind - throughout the season Sushant will be a topic of discussion (because I'm pretty sure he's going to be there until the end). Just because I don't watch his serials or don't have pictures of him in my AV or signature, does not automatically mean that I do not appreciate his talent as a dancer. He's a very graceful dancer and perhaps the best male dancer on the show right now (from the celebs of course). To me, Sushant is just like any other contestant. I will discuss him just like I discuss other contestants - and when other fans don't mind when their favorite is being discussed than you guys shouldn't either. :)

You don't even know who's my favorite! You're already assuming that Sushant isn't my favorite just because I argued something that you believe goes against him. πŸ˜†

Now you are assuming that I think you don't like Sushant did I mention in any of my post that you don't like him. πŸ˜†
I'm not much into reality show nor I watch much television now a days or go to any forum,so being in forum of a reality show is completely new to me may be as time goes I will get use to Sushant being in news so much,because till now he has not even been this much discussed in PR forum also.πŸ˜†

Edited by nishr - 13 years ago
-SilverAngel- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Even if Sushaant is a dancer, it is no secret...no new comer could dance so well but the real deal is Shampa...she is going great guns which is working in Sushaant's favor cause he was in zara nachke as well and wasn't appreciated there as much as he has been here!!
nikitagmc thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

You don't need to apologize, hon. Not all of us have the time to go through pages and pages worth of topics to make sure it hasn't already been discussed. I look at the first page and participate in those discussions. If you're tired of expressing your opinion on this topic again and again, I'm only suggesting that you stop participating. If mods aren't doing anything then why should members care? Well, actually everyone brought up the 'thread closing' issue so many times here, despite me already clarifying once, that I felt as if I have done a CRIME here. Ah well, if people want to repeat the same topics again and again then okay, I'll also repeat my arguments again and again, I'll just copy them from one thread to another, I guessπŸ˜†. Besides, is anyone even reading all that others have posted? I and EatPrayLove are dissecting out things pointwise, others are simply reiterating their same grievance, despite the fact that a possible explanation has already been given by me. Why aren't people responding that way? Makes things easier for all. Well, each to his own I guess.

Please don't turn Sushant into the next KSG where we can't even discuss him like a regular contestant without his fans taking offense to everything that is said about him. No one has taken offense at anything here. Everyone is presenting their POV's peacefully. If we had taken offense we wouldn't be typing in so many posts patiently giving points to explain why we believe in the contrary. Sushant is NOT turning into another KSG, and I request you and everyone to please stop assuming us such type of crazy fans. Some people have said earlier that he did not deserve 30, none of his fans made a hue and cry over it. We simply put in our points and our views about what we believed in, in fact for the patriotic performance, some Sushant fans also said he didn't deserve 30. Then why the constant comparison to KSG.

EatPrayLove thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Edited by EatPrayLove - 13 years ago
lunza thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: EatPrayLove

Even when I vote for Chang, there is this strange urge to vote for Sushant also as he is the most deserving, and ultimately I do end up throwing atleast one vote in the way of a guy who has the entire female popl of India voting for him, when my poor Chang could have so much more use for that single vote.

I found this part really sweet lol.. πŸ˜›
Edited by lunza - 13 years ago
nikitagmc thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: EatPrayLove

I know, I know. The judges are maybe judging them individually. But you forget that there are the greater judges, with more power, and that is the audience. The audience is definitely not being so kind. They're obviously going to compare. I do that, too. Even when I vote for Chang, there is this strange urge to vote for Sushant also as he is the most deserving, and ultimately I do end up throwing atleast one vote in the way of a guy who has the entire female popl of India voting for him, when my poor Chang could have so much more use for that single vote.

Abhi you say to someone ki Ragini deserves to win, or maybe Ankita deserves to win, and the obvious answer will be a reminder that there is THE Sushant Singh Rajput in the competition, and who can perform better than him and claim to deserve the JDJ trophy?! Bas yahi baat hai. People will vote for Sushant, he deserves those votes, but the other contestants seem weaker in comparison for no fault of their own, just because of Sushant's training which is so conspicuous in his performances. I mean, the guy dances like he's a professional.

Aha!!! You actually said what I had written in another post a few days ago--- your statement in pink. You statement in pink is the only threat to Sushant winning this contest- truly speaking, cos there are always two sides to a coin. One is what you've written above, second is what I'm writing below.

By the final stages of the competition, the untrained dancer gets quite good, and it is then that people start feeling sympathetic for him-- whom to vote for becomes a dilemma then--- one who knew dancing beforehand or one who has learnt it in JDJ???---- pretty much the same as everyone in the forum feels. The forum's thinking is a representation of the mindset of the voting population. In the final rounds, the sympathy starts creeping in for the untrained dancer, no matter now hard the trained one worked. And not just sympathy, people strongly feel the untrained one deserves to win, like here in the forum. IT was most evident in the first season of Jhalak Dikhla Jaa, when Mona Singh and and Sweta Salve were left for the finals. The channel deliberately reiterated this point again and again, and newspaper articles were carried out about how Sweta was trained and Mona was not. The other contestants were interviewed and they too said they were voting for Mona not Sweta, despite the fact that Sweta had nearly always been the highest scorer in every round. Yes, we can debate here that Mona was popular, but so was Sweta (Left Right Left was a youth craze then), and somewhere this dilemma cum controversy too was responsible for Mona's victory along with her popularity--- I was a silent member of the forum then and I read articles on how everyone said Mona, not Sweta, deserved to win.

Plus in the end stages, what usually happens is that the supporters of the eliminated contestant start favouring the enemies' enemy---- I'm sorry to put it that way, but this is what I saw last time on the forum when Hard Kaur was eliminated and KSG remained. Some people were angry that KSG remained cos he was popular and an excellent one like HArk Kaur had to bow out, so they started rooting for Baichung, wanting him to defeat KSG by the same weapon--- mass popularity. (No offence to supporters/fans of either group, this is an impartial assessment of what I saw, not my own views on JDJ 3.)

Frankly speaking, I feel Sushant has everything going for him to get votes from the public, except this point. Right now people enjoy his performances and vote for him so that he can remain, but when it comes to deciding the final winner in the last episode, the support of the people going to the untrained dancer is a high probability, just as it happened in the case of Sweta Salve. This is what scares me--- if his training is helping him now, it may turn against him in the final stages of the competition, cos nobody knows if his fan base will be sufficient enough to help him then.

And to be honest, I don't think the scores will be on an individual basis any longer. The competition will get tougher and so will the judges and ultimately comparisons will come into the foray.
For this we'll have to wait and see. I hope they evaluate the concepts comparatively, but dancing individually.

See I think that the thing is, you are seeing thing's from Sushant's POV, and I'm doing that from the other contestant's viewpoint. Sushant ki taraf se I'd say ki koi galti nahi hai, he's totally right in participating and it's not his fault at all. But then what have the other contestants DONE to have someone like Sushant thrown in competition with THEM!?

Again, from Sushant's POV, shows like JDJ are pretty much the only option for him. Bu consider things from the OTHER side, think about how tough and unfair the presence of dancers like Sushant makes it for the other contestants to survive!
I'm sorry I'm not being very detailed in my reasoning I'm really pressed for time.

πŸ˜†

You're making me feel bad for the other contestants now!!! Please don't make me switch loyalties!!!πŸ˜†

On a serious note, yes, I tried to point out Sushant's POV cos most of the forum members don't try to think that way. But I don't really see JDJ from Sushant's POV--I usually see JDJ using Baichung as a model--- I feel he is a standing example of how to win JDJ---he was untrained, never danced in his life, camera shy, so much like Akhil-- but had an excellent choreo and lakhs of people rooting for him. His choreo Sonia capitalised on his plus points--- agility on the football field and undying determination--- and gave him moves that would suit him, and came up with interesting concepts. And I feel, if Baichung and Sonia could do it, others can do it too. They need to concentrate on their strengths rather than feel bad that there's someone more trained than them--- it will get them nowhere. Like I said before, I appreciate all of them, cos I myself dance badly. But yes, pulling down one contestant, for no fault of his own, is not something I like.

I agree, sometimes the posts are mere statements with no reasons, which can be highly annoying.I'm glad you see my point here. Precisely the reason why I got a little flustered when I saw this post. The topic starter hasn't posted again after that to discuss on the issue at all.

Yes, that's defo completely wrong. After all, it's none of Sushant's fault that he is trained as opposed to the other contestants. So if anyone is bashing Sushant for this stupid reason, well, they're being stupid, that's all I can say.  πŸ‘ πŸ˜ƒ

It was very nice discussing and analysing both sides of the coin with you Sonakshi!!!πŸ˜ƒ I guess now its the time to agree to disagree.πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by nikitagmc - 13 years ago