Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: lensahunte08

Its a good choice. Because I think more people know frieda than Aish because of slumdog millionaire. Aish is not as popular as people think in hollywood. I had a lot of American friends who ask me who is she. And I never see Aish ads in america anymore. Frieda's ads is what's showing now.

Not only that. But I think Freida is a good choice because her accent is not heavy as Aish's. So she could pass as "American" than Aish.

I watched a video of how Freida presented the golden globes with SRK and I found I could tolerate her accent a bit😲

Edited by koolchick - 13 years ago
zoyah thumbnail
they needed a fresh face aish was getting olddddddd
rrui thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: radsuinda

In the past one and half  yr  freida has done four  international commericial for loreal which is shown all over the world(excluding india).But ash's recent commericals aren't shown anywhere outside india.This clearly proves who has a bigger mass appeal worldwide

Well....I never knew that....but cousin who travels different places aboard due to his job said that ash nsrk r most recognizable stars when it comes to India//bollywood......He said that ash's loreal ads are featured regularly in abroad in fact they are  more popular than her movies........😆
anista45 thumbnail
I don't think l'oreal is dumb enough to make freida as there indian brand ambassador that too replacing ash.Her looks work only in  the west.Im yet to come across at least ten indians who find her beautiful.
anista45 thumbnail
but she would not fit into the Indian definition of beauty which looks lovely in a sari. That's not Freida Pinto."

100% true.
youknowme thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Sounds to me like it was Bollywood that turned its back on Freida and not the other way around. She just shrugged and toddled off someplace where she would be treated like someone worthwhile and given a fair shot---even if she doesn't look or can't be made to look as near to a white woman as possible.

Who wouldn't rather be someplace where they are wanted and made to feel worthy and wanted? It hurts when your own home is so steeped in self hate that they see anyone with features typical of the large majority of their racial group as ugly. 😭
Edited by youknowme - 13 years ago
anista45 thumbnail

Who wouldn't rather be someplace where they are wanted and made to feel worthy and wanted? It hurts when your own home is so steeped in self hate that they see anyone with features typical of the large majority of their racial group as ugly.

ur right.The kind of hatred she is getting from indian ppl and media is nothing short of brutality .It's funny how the rest of the world can see a gorgeous woman, but her own people see an "average" girl.
ibelieveinpink thumbnail

Originally posted by: sweet coco

It could be a possibility that Aishu doesn't have the time to do it b/c she's always been super busy, plus last I checked she did shot for a L'Oreal commercial with an international and well-known photographer...so she's not dropped from the brand, but from the commercial...so she doesn't have time....plus she agreed to perform at award functions this year and that also takes time away...with the practicing and rehearsals!!!

Check the other thread...Called it!!! Prior commitments is the reason....she doesn't have TIME to do the ad, but she shot for another ad like a week ago....so she's not dropped from the brand!
ibelieveinpink thumbnail

Originally posted by: anista45

Who wouldn't rather be someplace where they are wanted and made to feel worthy and wanted? It hurts when your own home is so steeped in self hate that they see anyone with features typical of the large majority of their racial group as ugly.

ur right.The kind of hatred she is getting from indian ppl and media is nothing short of brutality .It's funny how the rest of the world can see a gorgeous woman, but her own people see an "average" girl.

Agree! And it's really unfair...I love Aishu, but Freida is also beautiful! I think ppl just dislike her for ignoring BW and heading to HW....but kudos to her! I think she has immense talent and the same BW rejected her b/c she didn't have "conventional" looks! And now they expect her to join BW....Good for her!!!
Parachute. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Freida is SO over rated. Ash is a much better global face for L'oreal