Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Are you fed up of beauty queens in Bollywood? (Page 5)

Meredith IF-Rockerz
Meredith
Meredith

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 3:22pm | IP Logged
Well,
I am a little fed up of Ash were overrated  just coz she's a beauty queen. I mean, hello, there are and have been MUCH talented and beautiful actresses than her.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Yahoo2Ozymandias.khoobsurat.

.khoobsurat. IF-Sizzlerz
.khoobsurat.
.khoobsurat.

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 4:02pm | IP Logged
Yes I am because just because they won Miss World or Miss India ect...They think they are the best looking actress in bollywood just because they won those titles. And like someone mentioned they think they are intelligent because they passed a question round where a 10 year girl can pass.

Not to mention some of them think they made it on their own in bollywood. Please you are in bollywood because of your beauty first not your talent. You got offers because of your title.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

koolchick

xChandnix IF-Sizzlerz
xChandnix
xChandnix

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 6:39pm | IP Logged
On the topic though, no I think we've got some brilliant actresses from previous beauty queen now especially Aishwarya and Priyanka and I think if they have potential there is nothing wrong. Ultimatly most of the beauty contest winners start out in films where there is not usually much to it except them as a glamorous showpiece. If they can't do more than that then eventually they'll stop getting the offers. I don't really see a problem with it.

However the idea of the actual beauty contests, personally I don't see the point of having them on these kind of scales because it's subjective so it seems absurd to be able to tag one person.

Edited by xChandnix - 07 January 2011 at 6:56pm

-Anjaani-

-Mmmmm- IF-Veteran Member
-Mmmmm-
-Mmmmm-

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 7:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by eroticlover

Tongue  I am back and better than ever with my comeback topic after a short hiatus.  Beauty queens have come and entered Bollywood over the last two decades (Aish, Sushmita, Priyanka, Lara, etc.).  Most of them have been successful and made an impression in Bollywood films.  However, a lot have been criticized for their acting ability and are perceived as "fake," "plastic", or "unnatural."  Do you think beauty queens should stop attempting Bollywood and stick to their modeling?  Have they ruined or improved Bollywood?

Sleepy 

Nice topic Erotic... Smile

But have to disagree on the Bold part....

Since the mid 90's... we have had so many beauty pageant winners in Bollywood....

Ash, Sush, Dia, Lara, PC, Yukta, Diana Hayden, Tanushree Dutta, Sayali Bhagat, Neha Dhupia, Gul Panang, Celina Jaitley etc... How many of them have been successful and have left an impression...

Just Ash and PC.... Have managed to be successful and have left an impression....That shows that they had something more to offer than these other beauty queens......
And lets be fair to Ash and PC.... These two and Kareena have had their share of debacles... But these three are the actresses in the current crop who know the ACT in acting....

The rest of the so called beauty queens have faded into oblivion or are around either doing B grade movies or saree ads or hosting dandiya functions or flaunting their new toy boys.... Wink LOL

Okay My point is why should they not attempt Bollywood.... When the 'Connected' kids can get a chance then why not the beauty queens.... ??

Again it is just a medium for them to get in.... Once inside it again boils down to either talent or the Charm or the Oomph or the X factor and defintely some Luck too...  

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Anjaani-WhipCreamPantieMeena1

MissIffiy IF-Rockerz
MissIffiy
MissIffiy

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 7:26pm | IP Logged
why look just at Aish PC Juhi & Sush there are a list of other that came through the beauty pageants Aish PC Juhi & Sush had talent that took them this far other had their beauty but couldnt survive because they did not have the talent 
qwertyfied Goldie
qwertyfied
qwertyfied

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 7:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lensahunte08

Yes I am because just because they won Miss World or Miss India ect...They think they are the best looking actress in bollywood just because they won those titles. And like someone mentioned they think they are intelligent because they passed a question round where a 10 year girl can pass.

Not to mention some of them think they made it on their own in bollywood. Please you are in bollywood because of your beauty first not your talent. You got offers because of your title.

Dont mean to target you, but doesn't this hold true for the non-beauty pageant associated celebs, who majorly comprise of ppl from Bollywood families, too? They are in the industry due to their last names, first and then recognized...eventually, for their talent..i.e. if shown any,after repeated attempts. Just an observation Embarrassed

At then end of the day, as long as they do their part..I don't mind star kids/beauty queens but I genuinely, think they need to look past these two categories. Eg. Rajat Barmecha..not a male model/star kid, just another normal, young guy who can easily act better than some of his starry contemporaries. They need to have some kinda National Talent Hunt..that shall be cool Smile

-Anjaani-

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 10:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ShadowKisses

Truthfully, I'm more fed up the other way around i.e. Bollywood actors in the fashion industry. Every actor and actress nowadays fancies themselves a model when really, the faces they make are more at home on a facebook page than the cover of a renowned magazine or on the runway. What most Bollywood actors do each year at the fashion week is nothing short of embarrassing. It's scary how much the fashion industry has devloved.

The only reason models gravitate towards Bollywood is because that's the only way to get the industry or fashion press to take notice. The way I see it, if Bollywood actors leave the fashion industry alone and quit hogging the spotlight, the models will leave Bollywood alone.

LOL this is solah aana sach also, some models still have turned into good actors... but our bolly actors are an embarrassment in most of the photo shoots and whenever and whereever they decide to do a ramp walk...And the bad part is that when bolly actors walk the ramp all they get is i guess sugar coated praise.. no matter how bad they are.. just coz of their star power everyone does their jhoothi tareef.. but poor models when they try to take up acting.. then they are ripped apart by critics and cynics.. why isn't same courtesy extended to models when they try acting.. the way.. actors get the jhoothi tareef when they walk the ramp.. and take the spotlight off real models.. in these events.

koolchick

.khoobsurat. IF-Sizzlerz
.khoobsurat.
.khoobsurat.

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 10:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyfied

Originally posted by lensahunte08

Dont mean to target you, but doesn't this hold true for the non-beauty pageant associated celebs, who majorly comprise of ppl from Bollywood families, too? They are in the industry due to their last names, first and then recognized...eventually, for their talent..i.e. if shown any,after repeated attempts. Just an observation Embarrassed

At then end of the day, as long as they do their part..I don't mind star kids/beauty queens but I genuinely, think they need to look past these two categories. Eg. Rajat Barmecha..not a male model/star kid, just another normal, young guy who can easily act better than some of his starry contemporaries. They need to have some kinda National Talent Hunt..that shall be cool Smile

Yeah I totally agree that stars who get in bollywood because of their families are also the same way. First because of their name they get in, and than they have to prove they are talented. But is this the topic about family background? No. We already discussed that. I said my point because I see a lot of people on this forum saying that beauty queens making on their own in bollywood because of their hard work while filmi background stars have help. But the reality is both have advantages over the outsiders.

Go to top