India-Forums

Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars
Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

Disturbing trend.... (Page 3)

*Woh Ajnabee* IF-Sizzlerz
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 10:16am | IP Logged
Krushna's performance was the worst last week and so he's out. It was a pretty awful performance, so I'm not exactly sure why everyone is complaining so much. Krushna may have had potential, but his choreographer certainly does not. Shekhar's performance wasn't all that great last week, but it was slightly better than Krushna's. End of story. Who cares about voting patterns?

Also, Krushna is eliminated this week than hopefully Shekhar the following week ... the order isn't something I really care much for. I do hope that they give Krushna a new choreographer for the wild card round. Robin is not cut out for this show!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

burgerchaapDabulls23

blyton IF-Rockerz
blyton
blyton

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 12:05pm | IP Logged
Would like to clarify that I am not at ALL offended by the views expressed here.....on the contrary, I am impressed by the level of awareness and analysis possessed by some members....@nikitagmc and @return_to_hades particularly. Smile By the way, where were you people last season where a certain soap actor and his fangirl legion were bashing the channel right and left?Wink

Like I said, I do believe Krushna could have been out, but the bottom 3 thing was really bothering me. I would actually hate it if JDJ was manipulated, it's my favourite dance show and I have been hooked to it from season 1. I am usually the one to defend it against allegations of rigging so this time I was like an over-protective mother scolding her cheeky child before someone else ticked him off! Smile

If it is like return_to_hades pointed out, I would still consider it unethical to play with the viewers' emotions in such a way. Perhaps a better, more credible system would be to have CUMULATIVE votes and marks from the first episode. This would reward the ones who perform consistently well as well as ensure that a good dancer does not have to leave for one bad performance.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

lunzanikitagmccharminggenie

nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 12:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by blyton

Would like to clarify that I am not at ALL offended by the views expressed here.....on the contrary, I am impressed by the level of awareness and analysis possessed by some members....@nikitagmc and @return_to_hades particularly. Smile By the way, where were you people last season where a certain soap actor and his fangirl legion were bashing the channel right and left?Wink
Thankyou for your sweet words.Smile Actually I live in a hostel and study in a medical collegeSmile- was busy with many things at that time, plus I had limited internet connection at that time- so watched the show on and off.Ouch Now I have a jhakaas connection that allows me to download videos and keep up with the show properly. Big smile
I wish I could have been there at that time. I was rooting for Baichung the cute footballer and would have defended the channel and all against him. I missed all the action.Ouch

Like I said, I do believe Krushna could have been out, but the bottom 3 thing was really bothering me. I would actually hate it if JDJ was manipulated, it's my favourite dance show and I have been hooked to it from season 1. I am usually the one to defend it against allegations of rigging so this time I was like an over-protective mother scolding her cheeky child before someone else ticked him off! SmileAww... how cute is that!Embarrassed

If it is like return_to_hades pointed out, I would still consider it unethical to play with the viewers' emotions in such a way. Perhaps a better, more credible system would be to have CUMULATIVE votes and marks from the first episode. This would reward the ones who perform consistently well as well as ensure that a good dancer does not have to leave for one bad performance.Hmm.. has both merits and demerits. Certainly worth a thought though.

blytonlunza

infinity00 IF-Rockerz
infinity00
infinity00

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 1:17pm | IP Logged
I must say I loved reading every bodys, analysis. I have never followed any dance competition based on voting system as it has got so many lope holes it, biased towards gender, regionalism, sast , creed, colour,whatever all over the world. With the celeberity its the vote bank, and somebody rightly menyioned GIRLS and vote, girls tend to be more loyal fans to the male celeberaty then boys as they are usually lazy!!! or dont take things seriously but for girls its a matter of life and death. Even not being fan of Sushant for no obvious reason I see him winning with out any sweat or if a miracle woud happen then Yana BUT only because of SALMAn. I am a Ragini Khanna fan , although voting for her but know very well that few more episodes may be then she is out if not sooner. Shekar would stay for longer though for some STRANGE reasons.
But yeah good discussion guys and discussion is very civilised too, no bashing which is very positive

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

blyton

Tani91 IF-Sizzlerz
Tani91
Tani91

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 1:20pm | IP Logged
I am not shocked over the elimination of Krushna from the competition....I'm more shocked over Ankita being in the bottom 3 when Shekhar and Daya both had less marks compared to her.....Ragini I can understand that her scores were low enough and I was expecting her elimination this week (I'm glad that she's not out yet)....but scores wise I think Krushna's elimination was fair because he did have the worse performance...and I think blame comes on him and his choreographer because didnt he say he changed the song at the last minute? and the fact that she couldnt even speak Hindi?? how is a girl like that cut out for a celebrity dance show primarily focusing on bollywood songsConfused I'm sure they could ahve taken another DID contestant easily...like Shakti Mohan

but one thing that I don't get is the public voting......Ankita,Mahi and Ragini all three are leading soap queens....all three of them have an immense fan following and their shows are highly rated on their respective channels....going by the trends of seasons 1-2 where soap queens of that year won the competition....the same should be happening here.... their fans should be voting enough for them to keep them safe right? so how is it that all three of them have been in the bottom 3 at some point or the other?

this is where I find a flaw in voting...do they even count the public voted....because we get the elimination result on Thursdays normally...and telecasts happen on Monday-Tuesdays.....so HOW do they count the public votes?? someone please explain?Confused

and I agree with nikitagmc about the choreographers-contestants being balanced....I tink the channel/producers are clever enough to give the popular contestant weaker choreographers and the stronger DID ones to the unpopular contestants to balance out the popularity equation

this is why I hate that the show isn't live....in DWTS the episodes and everything is live so there's less chance of manipulation of votes(if it does occur)...I wish JDJ would apply the same concept of keeping the shows live rather than us finding out already on scores and eliminations (IMO it sort of spoils the fun)

Edited by Tani91 - 07 January 2011 at 10:26pm

blytonlunza

--Minks-- Senior Member
--Minks--
--Minks--

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 1:39pm | IP Logged
Here in the UK, Strictly Come Dancing airs.... which is the same as DWTS in US.... though the shows here are pre-recorded and not live..... but, the vote patterns and the eliminations are not so weird that... someone as popular as Ankita / Ragini / Mahi would find them in the bottom three, if they perform decently enough.....

I am quite shocked with this coming week's elimination as well as Ankita being in the bottom two, despite a pretty decent score... and being on the top half of the leader - board... I feel that they will definitely try and bring back Krushna later through a wildcard.... well, at least I am hoping so, as he was a very deserving candidate.....

Ankita ---- she has not been outstanding so far... nor has she been really bad... she dances well, her choreo's acts are not great.. But, I am sure that she has a good fan -base, she is a pretty popular TV soap actress for a while now.... so, if we take her marks and the votes into account in total... does it mean that she got less votes than Mahi (maybe yes), Ragini (again yes), Shekhar (Shocked).. Daya (??? ).... this is very surprising... .. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

lunza

Tani91 IF-Sizzlerz
Tani91
Tani91

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 1:42pm | IP Logged
^oh yeah I forgot that she was in the bottom 2 wasnt she......see i would have expected Ragini and Krushna in the bottom 2....or better yet Shekhar-Krushna

and I seriously want to know the basis of public voting now.....I wish JDJ's concept was 60% judges and 40% voting like Shiamak Davar had suggested in S2 after Prachi won
infinity00 IF-Rockerz
infinity00
infinity00

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 2:20pm | IP Logged
Is the competition is between the  celebs or the choreo as well???

Go to top