India-Forums

Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars
Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

Disturbing trend.... (Page 2)

Dabulls23 IF-Stunnerz
Dabulls23
Dabulls23

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 11:46pm | IP Logged
Blyton I did read your post completely and as per marks Yes Shekhar could have gone...Mathematically it does not add up...But we all know how all these channels work as far as votes, winners are concerned...Lots of rigging goes on with the whole thing...

I have been watching SRGMP, II and JDJ for ateast 5 seasons and yet once or twice true most talented deserving contestant has won...Many things play part in who wins...Channel and show people utmost...

I agree decision on elimination may be UNFAIR but not Disgraceful that is all...I think we both are thinking the same thing and agreeing on same thing..

Keep watching the show for what it is...Only one can win some one has to go out each wk...does not matter which order they go as long as the best wins...And we know who the best is atleast the channel is making us think WinkLOL

Edited by Dabulls23 - 06 January 2011 at 11:47pm

nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 12:25am | IP Logged
Am I the only one here who thinks that as of now, nothing is suggestive of rigging?

@blyton: I agree that the vote pattern is confusing. I honestly had not expected Ragini, Mahi or Anki to come in the last three- once or twice its okay, but after that their fans would be bucking up. By this equation, Anki should be safe next week.

But overall, its difficult to predict who will be out, cos there are a lot of factors involved- and no one knows to what extent.

There's something my Mom told me- and I think you would agree too- regionalism and gender have a great influence in voting. With the Bihari thing Shekhar has been using in his dances, and the 'proud Bihari' speech he gave on the folk dance special episode, he may have the whole of Bihar voting for him. (I'm not saying it was intentional on his part, but somewhere maybe it went in his favour) We usually don't notice this aspect unless it gets very apparent in the final stages of the competition.

Add to that the entertainment value- shekhar, Krushna are the entertaining ones on JDJ. People might like to see them.

About gender::: A large majority of the voters consist of girls-- and they vote for guys usually. This has been observed in many reality shows- even the contestants voice this bitter fact---you will seldom see girls winning. I think Varsha Di can vouch for that. Girls will vote for the guys like crazy, but send only one vote to a deserving girl contestant.

Popularity is an important factor of course, but it doesn't prove much useful in the long run. A combination of both popularity and good dancing helps in winning, that is why neither KSG (popular) nor excellent dancers(Gauhar, HArd Kaur) won JDJ, JDJ has always been won by those who were good dancers (not necessarily the best) and popular as well (Mona singh, Prachi Desai, Baichung Bhutia)

Hence I would say- popularity and good dancing are the most important aspects in the initial stages, with entertainment value, gender and region holding significant places with permutation and combinations thrown in. The last three reasons become very important in the final stages of the competition, when fans start voting like crazy. Apart from that good looks, cuteness, age factor etc are other smaller factors that matter.

I would like to end my thesis LOL with a statement:

It was on the basis of these factors that I had concluded that Anushka would be the first person to be shown the door, and considering all the above factors I again say- Sushant has  a VERY HIGH CHANCE of winning JDJ, irrespective of whether the show is rigged or not.

Touchwood to that.

And I won't be disappointed on that at all-- it would be a very well deserved victory- he is a very good dancer, works SO HARD, has brought in brainstorming concepts, Shampa is a terrific choreo, he has the X-factor and great entertainment value too.

And all this comes straight from the heart of an UNBIASED fan.Big smile

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

EatPrayLovetamushiCuteCherryshootingstar27blytonlunzaTani91desi_baby07

EatPrayLove Senior Member
EatPrayLove
EatPrayLove

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 1:57am | IP Logged
I too feel that as of now there's ABSOLUTELY no cause to blame the channel for rigging.

Krushna dances well, but the choreographer isn't  that impressive. That's his bad luck and that's what played against him in the end. Plus I don't really think he was popular enough to get through on the basis of votes alone, he NEEDED the marks. This is a competition. And in competitions second chances are rare. They were at the bottom this week, and they were voted out, what could be fairer?!

Furthermore, personally I hold the same opinion of Krushna as does Dabulls23. I thought his Lavni was ridiculously comic, which was definitely not what it should have been.

As for Ankita coming in the bottom is concerned, it's shocking but not SO shocking that we start imagining things. I think Sushant and Ankita have a common, and largely female fan base, which most probably votes for Sushant. I think their votes are getting divided. But this is just a one time thing, I'm quite certain Ankita will survive these occasional scares.

@nikitagmc: Shekhar obviously has the whole of Bihar voting for him. Plus sometimes it's not just about the fans. It's also about the contacts. Maybe Shekhar, being quite a senior in the telly and  bollywood industry is getting a lot of support, which often translates into votes, from his contact base! So it IS quite possible that he got greater number of votes than Ankita!

Now coming to the allotment of choreographers, I think it's sheer luck. A bad dancer may get an excellent choreo (eg Akhil and Sneha), and it's unfair to the latter but it can't be helped. Similarly the vice versa might happen (eg Ragini), and again it can't be helped. Whats so unfair :-S

Not really "fair" to point fingers whimsically, without any evidence.
No offense.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

tamushiCuteCherryblytonlunzanikitagmc

blyton IF-Rockerz
blyton
blyton

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 2:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nikitagmc

Am I the only one here who thinks that as of now, nothing is suggestive of rigging?

@blyton: I agree that the vote pattern is confusing. I honestly had not expected Ragini, Mahi or Anki to come in the last three- once or twice its okay, but after that their fans would be bucking up. By this equation, Anki should be safe next week.

But overall, its difficult to predict who will be out, cos there are a lot of factors involved- and no one knows to what extent.

There's something my Mom told me- and I think you would agree too- regionalism and gender have a great influence in voting. With the Bihari thing Shekhar has been using in his dances, and the 'proud Bihari' speech he gave on the folk dance special episode, he may have the whole of Bihar voting for him. (I'm not saying it was intentional on his part, but somewhere maybe it went in his favour) We usually don't notice this aspect unless it gets very apparent in the final stages of the competition.

Add to that the entertainment value- shekhar, Krushna are the entertaining ones on JDJ. People might like to see them.

About gender::: A large majority of the voters consist of girls-- and they vote for guys usually. This has been observed in many reality shows- even the contestants voice this bitter fact---you will seldom see girls winning. I think Varsha Di can vouch for that. Girls will vote for the guys like crazy, but send only one vote to a deserving girl contestant.

Popularity is an important factor of course, but it doesn't prove much useful in the long run.
A combination of both popularity and good dancing helps in winning, that is why neither KSG (popular) nor excellent dancers(Gauhar, HArd Kaur) won JDJ, JDJ has always been won by those who were good dancers (not necessarily the best) and popular as well (Mona singh, Prachi Desai, Baichung Bhutia)

Hence I would say- popularity and good dancing are the most important aspects in the initial stages, with entertainment value, gender and region holding significant places with permutation and combinations thrown in. The last three reasons become very important in the final stages of the competition, when fans start voting like crazy. Apart from that good looks, cuteness, age factor etc are other smaller factors that matter.

I would like to end my thesis LOL with a statement:

It was on the basis of these factors that I had concluded that Anushka would be the first person to be shown the door, and considering all the above factors I again say- Sushant has  a VERY HIGH CHANCE of winning JDJ, irrespective of whether the show is rigged or not.

Touchwood to that.

And I won't be disappointed on that at all-- it would be a very well deserved victory- he is a very good dancer, works SO HARD, has brought in brainstorming concepts, Shampa is a terrific choreo, he has the X-factor and great entertainment value too.

And all this comes straight from the heart of an UNBIASED fan.Big smile

I must hand it to you for analysing each and every aspect in such a calm and reasonable manner.ClapClapClap Totally agree with the part in bold. I had forgotten about that. The regional bias thing was apparent in seasons 2 and 3 of Indian idol, and to some extent in Baichung's victory also.Also agree with gender bias....I had said something like this on the Bollywood forum.

What I do disagree with is that Sushant is the MOST deserving. For me, JDJ is about raw dancers  transforming into polished ones.....so Mona, Prachi (although I wanted Sandhya to win) and Baichung were deserving ones for me. Sushant, I gather, is already trained. That does not take away his hard work and the creativity he brings to his dances....but he already has an advantage over the likes of Ragini or Chang, who may have  a natural ABILITY but no knowledge of TECHNIQUE. But  taking the factors you have discussed into account, it will most probably be him who walks away with the prize.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

tamushi

Shayari IF-Rockerz

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 3:26am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 3:43am | IP Logged
@blyton: Frankly speaking, much as I love your posts, I'm really TIRED of defending Sushant now, cos everyone brings in the 'trained dancer issue' in every thread. Please read my reply in the other thread 'Isn't Sushant a dancer' and consider it. It is also an analytical opinion with JUSTIFICATIONS and FACTS presented the way they are- NO ADULTERATION at all. If you liked my post above, then maybe you would like that one to.

Edited by nikitagmc - 07 January 2011 at 10:39am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

CuteCherrylunza

nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 5:29am | IP Logged
@blyton:

Would like to add that my intention in the above post was not to be rude or dismissive in any way-- just wanted to point out that I have written my views on the 'trained dancer' issue in another thread, and do not want to repeat them here- since the original point of discussion in this particular thread is something different.

If you found my comment rude in any manner, then I'm sorry.

Thank you for appreciating my analysis on the voting pattern. I am glad you liked it.

@EatPrayLove: Agree with you that as of now there is no reason to point fingers. Its sheer luck that some contestants got choreos with whom they clicked, some did not. Ultimately it is all a matter of how efficiently the choreo uses up the talent of the contestant- and not just dancing talent, but talent in any form.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

lunza

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 9:33am | IP Logged
Couple of things

In the original show format licensed by BBC the celebrities in the bottom three are not necessarily the actual bottom three. It is usually the actual eliminated contestant plus one or two random red herrings. The format does this intentionally for shock value and buzz. Strictly come dancing and DWTS USA follow this. It could be possible India does this too. That means that Ankita and Ragini are not necessarily in the bottom three, but the show has scripted them to be there along with the actual eliminated contestant.

Krushna did get the lowest score that week and he is not as popular general audience wise. Comedy Circus is not that huge of a show to garner mass appeal. Shekhar also could be garnering a certain proportion of regional votes. Also if the licensed format  is follows than Shekhar could have been safe by the breadth of a hair, but the show did not put him in the bottom three as it has no shock value.

This format also creates shock value when someone never in bottom three gets eliminated, when the reality is that they could have second from last week after week. It is also used by channels to ensure their finales and semis have the high value celebrities. They will put really popular contestants in the bottom three even when they are not so that their fan bases vote more to save them. Repeatedly doing this creates a huge vote cushion buffer. That way there is so much vote padding by fans that the risk of that person getting eliminated is less. They sometimes do it to try and get a high drama or shock value contestant in top. They will also declare a contestant they want to get rid of safe first even if they were on the lower spectrum so that their fans get confident and don't vote as much. Then all of a sudden poof.

Legally they are to ensure that votes are counted fairly and the right contestant in eliminated. The rigging usually is scripted manipulation based on studied consumer behavior. Maybe questionable, maybe unethical, but not illegal or cheating.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

tamushiShades-Of-GreyblytonbonnefillelunzanikitagmcTani91Dabulls23

Go to top