blyton thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Just read the spoiler about the elimination....how could Krushna go out?? Shekhar is a far weaker dancer than him. Marks-wise, Shekhar was just one point ahead of Krushna, yet he is nowhere in the bottom 3! And Ankita who got 26 is in the bottom three too.....does that mean Shekhar got a phenomenally larger number of votes than her??😕

Also, is it fair that Sushant who is already somewhat trained in dancing (please don't take this as bashing, I have been all praise for his dances so far) should have someone like Shampa while Ragini and Krushna were paired with much weaker partners? Week after week, we find Ragini towards the bottom because of Neerav's bungling. The one dance where they got a 30 was more for Ragini's expressions than Neerav's choreography.

I am beginning to feel that either Shekhar or the channel are manipulating the votes. Really, really sad, because JDJ is one of my favourite shows and this season has been the cleanest so far.😭
Edited by blyton - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lunza thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
How the hell has shekhar escaped the bottom three so far ?? It is just plain weird .. can't believe he has more fans than ankita or ragini ..
And his performance this week was really bad ..
lunza thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
and it sucks that ragz and anki have been given the weakest choreographers .. all the other guys are really good - jai , punit, savio , salman ..

nikitagmc thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I'm sad to that Krushna's been eliminated. Shekhar deserved to go.

About the allotment of choreos::::

Personally I think what the channel did was this---

They gave all the highly popular actors, choreos who were not popular. Nobody knows shampa (for Sushant), Nishant (for Anki) or Neerav (for Ragini) or Preeti (for Shekhar) or Sneha (for Akhil) or Robin (for Krushna). These are those celebs, who in my opinion are expected to have a good vote bank.

But Yana, Renuka, Daya Anushka were given choreos who were DID participants and hence popular. Vrushali has taken part in DID little champs too and people liked her work there too. These choreos have a fan following of their own, everyone admits that they are rooting more for Salman than for Yana!!! When Anushka and Renuka got eliminated, people felt bad for Jay and Punit! Such was the fan following!

So in that aspect, I think the channel somehow balanced the popularity part pretty well. I'm satisfied by this.

Add to that the fact that nobody knew beforehand how the choreos would turn out. Shampa and Neerav are both trained by Terence, but there's a mass amount of difference. Preeti's performance was good in the first round, but not after that. IRonically shampa's dance didn't have the WOW factor in the first round, but she's doing well now.

Then of course, the way choreography turns out is also dependent on many other factors other than only choreo's skills. I'll give Sushant's example here- much of the credit for excellent dances goes to his concept and story ideas for the dances--- especially in the horror round and the Mrityunjay act. Shampa, though an excellent choreo, couldn't have saved it alone. After all their first performance, even though good, was not the best na? Others had done a much better job than her in that one. Same for Shekhar- his comic timing gave his first performance an edge, and somehow saved his second performance.

So finally I would say sushant-shampa are just lucky becos they COMPLEMENT each other. He's a dancer with brainy ideas, and she's a good choreo--- and both are using it to the optimum-- which the channel didn't know they would do.

I feel the channel has been fair so far where choreo allotment is concerned. The only place where they went wrong was Krushna. They shouldn't have taken Robin at all in the competition- if she doesn't know hindi songs, how could she make him dance on them? Krushna was too generous in not asking for a replacement, he should have, ideally.
Edited by nikitagmc - 13 years ago
phadukaran thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
all the choreographers are very well trained, and equally trained, they all have their strengths and weaknesses, so can't blame the choreographers, just like Krushna is good at Bollywood, Sushant is good at jazz, Salman(choreographer) is good at ballroom, While Rushali is good is good at Indian Classical. 
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Why is it consider disgraceful??? 😕😳  Krushna's elimination is disgracefull??  I thought his dance moves on Lavni were over the top and not graceful at all...His comedy acts are fine on CS but not in JDJ...Again my personal opinion only.

It does not matter who is the weakest in our personal opinion...It is subjective...Again channel-JDJ have their predecided winner or top dancers...

Krushna's lavni dance and drama after the episode may have affected his votes and being eliminated....

Shekhar may not be the best dancer but he did not have that TRP drama attached to him after his performance...Viewers are not always falling for TRP dramas...

My 2 cents..

Edited by Dabulls23 - 13 years ago
blyton thumbnail
Originally posted by: Dabulls23

Why is it consider disgraceful??? 😕😳  Krushna's elimination is disgracefull??  I thought his dance moves on Lavni were over the top and not graceful at all...His comedy acts are fine on CS but not in JDJ...Again my personal opinion only.

It does not matter who is the weakest in our personal opinion...It is subjective...Again channel-JDJ have their predecided winner or top dancers...

Krushna's lavni dance and drama after the episode may have affected his votes and being eliminated....

Shekhar may not be the best dancer but he did not have that TRP drama attached to him after his performance...Viewers are not always falling for TRP dramas...

My 2 cents..

Please go through my post again and the reasoning behind it.....

The elimination per se is not disgraceful, but the mathematics behind it cast suspicion which lead to disgrace. Assuming that no one voted for anyone, Krushna, Ragini and Shekhar would be in the bottom 3. So Krushna would still go out. Fair enough. But when you look at the ACTUAL bottom 3, Shekhar is not there, instead Ankita who is highly popular is there! Now does that mean significantly more people voted for Shekhar than Ankita??

Another question: Ragini and Ankita are popular soap stars. It is expected that their votes would balance out their low scores. But that doesn't seem to be happening....week after week, we see Mahi/Ragini in the bottom3 or 4.

There could be two explanations for this: Either their fans are overconfident, thinking that their favourite would get saved by others' votes....and so no one ends up voting!😆 But this could happen for one week or two....after that, the fans should buck up seeing their fav in danger. That still hasn't happened.

The other explanation is that all the eliminations are rigged by the channel. I would HATE to believe this, apart from the third season I have loved watching JDJ, and don't want a cloud to be cast over its credibility. But it does suck when the calculations don't work out.
blyton thumbnail
Originally posted by: nikitagmc

I'm sad to that Krushna's been eliminated. Shekhar deserved to go.

About the allotment of choreos::::

Personally I think what the channel did was this---

They gave all the highly popular actors, choreos who were not popular. Nobody knows shampa (for Sushant), Nishant (for Anki) or Neerav (for Ragini) or Preeti (for Shekhar) or Sneha (for Akhil) or Robin (for Krushna). These are those celebs, who in my opinion are expected to have a good vote bank.

But Yana, Renuka, Daya Anushka were given choreos who were DID participants and hence popular. Vrushali has taken part in DID little champs too and people liked her work there too. These choreos have a fan following of their own, everyone admits that they are rooting more for Salman than for Yana!!! When Anushka and Renuka got eliminated, people felt bad for Jay and Punit! Such was the fan following!

So in that aspect, I think the channel somehow balanced the popularity part pretty well. I'm satisfied by this.

Add to that the fact that nobody knew beforehand how the choreos would turn out. Shampa and Neerav are both trained by Terence, but there's a mass amount of difference. Preeti's performance was good in the first round, but not after that. IRonically shampa's dance didn't have the WOW factor in the first round, but she's doing well now.

Then of course, the way choreography turns out is also dependent on many other factors other than only choreo's skills. I'll give Sushant's example here- much of the credit for excellent dances goes to his concept and story ideas for the dances--- especially in the horror round and the Mrityunjay act. Shampa, though an excellent choreo, couldn't have saved it alone. After all their first performance, even though good, was not the best na? Others had done a much better job than her in that one. Same for Shekhar- his comic timing gave his first performance an edge, and somehow saved his second performance.

So finally I would say sushant-shampa are just lucky becos they COMPLEMENT each other. He's a dancer with brainy ideas, and she's a good choreo--- and both are using it to the optimum-- which the channel didn't know they would do.

I feel the channel has been fair so far where choreo allotment is concerned. The only place where they went wrong was Krushna. They shouldn't have taken Robin at all in the competition- if she doesn't know hindi songs, how could she make him dance on them? Krushna was too generous in not asking for a replacement, he should have, ideally.

I agree with you on this point. Thanks for clearing my doubts.😊 Now if only someone could offer me a reasonable explanation on the calculations behind the bottom 3.
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Blyton I did read your post completely and as per marks Yes Shekhar could have gone...Mathematically it does not add up...But we all know how all these channels work as far as votes, winners are concerned...Lots of rigging goes on with the whole thing...

I have been watching SRGMP, II and JDJ for ateast 5 seasons and yet once or twice true most talented deserving contestant has won...Many things play part in who wins...Channel and show people utmost...

I agree decision on elimination may be UNFAIR but not Disgraceful that is all...I think we both are thinking the same thing and agreeing on same thing..

Keep watching the show for what it is...Only one can win some one has to go out each wk...does not matter which order they go as long as the best wins...And we know who the best is atleast the channel is making us think 😉😆
Edited by Dabulls23 - 13 years ago
nikitagmc thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Am I the only one here who thinks that as of now, nothing is suggestive of rigging?

@blyton: I agree that the vote pattern is confusing. I honestly had not expected Ragini, Mahi or Anki to come in the last three- once or twice its okay, but after that their fans would be bucking up. By this equation, Anki should be safe next week.

But overall, its difficult to predict who will be out, cos there are a lot of factors involved- and no one knows to what extent.

There's something my Mom told me- and I think you would agree too- regionalism and gender have a great influence in voting. With the Bihari thing Shekhar has been using in his dances, and the 'proud Bihari' speech he gave on the folk dance special episode, he may have the whole of Bihar voting for him. (I'm not saying it was intentional on his part, but somewhere maybe it went in his favour) We usually don't notice this aspect unless it gets very apparent in the final stages of the competition.

Add to that the entertainment value- shekhar, Krushna are the entertaining ones on JDJ. People might like to see them.

About gender::: A large majority of the voters consist of girls-- and they vote for guys usually. This has been observed in many reality shows- even the contestants voice this bitter fact---you will seldom see girls winning. I think Varsha Di can vouch for that. Girls will vote for the guys like crazy, but send only one vote to a deserving girl contestant.

Popularity is an important factor of course, but it doesn't prove much useful in the long run. A combination of both popularity and good dancing helps in winning, that is why neither KSG (popular) nor excellent dancers(Gauhar, HArd Kaur) won JDJ, JDJ has always been won by those who were good dancers (not necessarily the best) and popular as well (Mona singh, Prachi Desai, Baichung Bhutia)

Hence I would say- popularity and good dancing are the most important aspects in the initial stages, with entertainment value, gender and region holding significant places with permutation and combinations thrown in. The last three reasons become very important in the final stages of the competition, when fans start voting like crazy. Apart from that good looks, cuteness, age factor etc are other smaller factors that matter.

I would like to end my thesis 😆 with a statement:

It was on the basis of these factors that I had concluded that Anushka would be the first person to be shown the door, and considering all the above factors I again say- Sushant has  a VERY HIGH CHANCE of winning JDJ, irrespective of whether the show is rigged or not.

Touchwood to that.

And I won't be disappointed on that at all-- it would be a very well deserved victory- he is a very good dancer, works SO HARD, has brought in brainstorming concepts, Shampa is a terrific choreo, he has the X-factor and great entertainment value too.

And all this comes straight from the heart of an UNBIASED fan.😃