India-Forums

Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars
Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

Disturbing trend....

blyton IF-Rockerz
blyton
blyton

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 10:12pm | IP Logged
Just read the spoiler about the elimination....how could Krushna go out??Ouch Shekhar is a far weaker dancer than him. Marks-wise, Shekhar was just one point ahead of Krushna, yet he is nowhere in the bottom 3! And Ankita who got 26 is in the bottom three too.....does that mean Shekhar got a phenomenally larger number of votes than her??Confused

Also, is it fair that Sushant who is already somewhat trained in dancing (please don't take this as bashing, I have been all praise for his dances so far) should have someone like Shampa while Ragini and Krushna were paired with much weaker partners? Week after week, we find Ragini towards the bottom because of Neerav's bungling. The one dance where they got a 30 was more for Ragini's expressions than Neerav's choreography.

I am beginning to feel that either Shekhar or the channel are manipulating the votes. Really, really sad, because JDJ is one of my favourite shows and this season has been the cleanest so far.Cry

Edited by blyton - 07 January 2011 at 3:18am

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

Sadyangelalita0j&b84scinerdshanak.hotpoo_slunzainfinity00Shayarikinu17adventure_gurlnyxx

lunza IF-Rockerz
lunza
lunza

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 10:16pm | IP Logged
How the hell has shekhar escaped the bottom three so far ?? It is just plain weird .. can't believe he has more fans than ankita or ragini ..
And his performance this week was really bad ..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ormsyipee

lunza IF-Rockerz
lunza
lunza

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 10:19pm | IP Logged
and it sucks that ragz and anki have been given the weakest choreographers .. all the other guys are really good - jai , punit, savio , salman ..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

alita0

nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 10:34pm | IP Logged
I'm sad to that Krushna's been eliminated. Shekhar deserved to go.

About the allotment of choreos::::

Personally I think what the channel did was this---

They gave all the highly popular actors, choreos who were not popular. Nobody knows shampa (for Sushant), Nishant (for Anki) or Neerav (for Ragini) or Preeti (for Shekhar) or Sneha (for Akhil) or Robin (for Krushna). These are those celebs, who in my opinion are expected to have a good vote bank.

But Yana, Renuka, Daya Anushka were given choreos who were DID participants and hence popular. Vrushali has taken part in DID little champs too and people liked her work there too. These choreos have a fan following of their own, everyone admits that they are rooting more for Salman than for Yana!!! When Anushka and Renuka got eliminated, people felt bad for Jay and Punit! Such was the fan following!

So in that aspect, I think the channel somehow balanced the popularity part pretty well. I'm satisfied by this.

Add to that the fact that nobody knew beforehand how the choreos would turn out. Shampa and Neerav are both trained by Terence, but there's a mass amount of difference. Preeti's performance was good in the first round, but not after that. IRonically shampa's dance didn't have the WOW factor in the first round, but she's doing well now.

Then of course, the way choreography turns out is also dependent on many other factors other than only choreo's skills. I'll give Sushant's example here- much of the credit for excellent dances goes to his concept and story ideas for the dances--- especially in the horror round and the Mrityunjay act. Shampa, though an excellent choreo, couldn't have saved it alone. After all their first performance, even though good, was not the best na? Others had done a much better job than her in that one. Same for Shekhar- his comic timing gave his first performance an edge, and somehow saved his second performance.

So finally I would say sushant-shampa are just lucky becos they COMPLEMENT each other. He's a dancer with brainy ideas, and she's a good choreo--- and both are using it to the optimum-- which the channel didn't know they would do.

I feel the channel has been fair so far where choreo allotment is concerned. The only place where they went wrong was Krushna. They shouldn't have taken Robin at all in the competition- if she doesn't know hindi songs, how could she make him dance on them? Krushna was too generous in not asking for a replacement, he should have, ideally.

Edited by nikitagmc - 06 January 2011 at 10:53pm

The following 19 member(s) liked the above post:

Aalekhfansaira22j&b84tamushiCuteCherryscinerdShades-Of-Grey-desigirl-Anjaani_Dastaanshootingstar27TiyaliblytonbsingapuryTani91desi_baby07peachesnplumsyipeecoolpratzdebayon

phadukaran Senior Member
phadukaran
phadukaran

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 11:07pm | IP Logged
all the choreographers are very well trained, and equally trained, they all have their strengths and weaknesses, so can't blame the choreographers, just like Krushna is good at Bollywood, Sushant is good at jazz, Salman(choreographer) is good at ballroom, While Rushali is good is good at Indian Classical. 

nikitagmc

Dabulls23 IF-Stunnerz
Dabulls23
Dabulls23

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 11:21pm | IP Logged
Why is it consider disgraceful??? ConfusedEmbarrassed  Krushna's elimination is disgracefull??  I thought his dance moves on Lavni were over the top and not graceful at all...His comedy acts are fine on CS but not in JDJ...Again my personal opinion only.

It does not matter who is the weakest in our personal opinion...It is subjective...Again channel-JDJ have their predecided winner or top dancers...

Krushna's lavni dance and drama after the episode may have affected his votes and being eliminated....

Shekhar may not be the best dancer but he did not have that TRP drama attached to him after his performance...Viewers are not always falling for TRP dramas...

My 2 cents..

Edited by Dabulls23 - 06 January 2011 at 11:25pm
blyton IF-Rockerz
blyton
blyton

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 11:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Dabulls23

Why is it consider disgraceful??? ConfusedEmbarrassed  Krushna's elimination is disgracefull??  I thought his dance moves on Lavni were over the top and not graceful at all...His comedy acts are fine on CS but not in JDJ...Again my personal opinion only.

It does not matter who is the weakest in our personal opinion...It is subjective...Again channel-JDJ have their predecided winner or top dancers...

Krushna's lavni dance and drama after the episode may have affected his votes and being eliminated....

Shekhar may not be the best dancer but he did not have that TRP drama attached to him after his performance...Viewers are not always falling for TRP dramas...

My 2 cents..

Please go through my post again and the reasoning behind it.....

The elimination per se is not disgraceful, but the mathematics behind it cast suspicion which lead to disgrace. Assuming that no one voted for anyone, Krushna, Ragini and Shekhar would be in the bottom 3. So Krushna would still go out. Fair enough. But when you look at the ACTUAL bottom 3, Shekhar is not there, instead Ankita who is highly popular is there! Now does that mean significantly more people voted for Shekhar than Ankita??

Another question: Ragini and Ankita are popular soap stars. It is expected that their votes would balance out their low scores. But that doesn't seem to be happening....week after week, we see Mahi/Ragini in the bottom3 or 4.

There could be two explanations for this: Either their fans are overconfident, thinking that their favourite would get saved by others' votes....and so no one ends up voting!LOL But this could happen for one week or two....after that, the fans should buck up seeing their fav in danger. That still hasn't happened.

The other explanation is that all the eliminations are rigged by the channelOuch. I would HATE to believe this, apart from the third season I have loved watching JDJ, and don't want a cloud to be cast over its credibility. But it does suck when the calculations don't work out.
blyton IF-Rockerz
blyton
blyton

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 11:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nikitagmc

I'm sad to that Krushna's been eliminated. Shekhar deserved to go.

About the allotment of choreos::::

Personally I think what the channel did was this---

They gave all the highly popular actors, choreos who were not popular. Nobody knows shampa (for Sushant), Nishant (for Anki) or Neerav (for Ragini) or Preeti (for Shekhar) or Sneha (for Akhil) or Robin (for Krushna). These are those celebs, who in my opinion are expected to have a good vote bank.

But Yana, Renuka, Daya Anushka were given choreos who were DID participants and hence popular. Vrushali has taken part in DID little champs too and people liked her work there too. These choreos have a fan following of their own, everyone admits that they are rooting more for Salman than for Yana!!! When Anushka and Renuka got eliminated, people felt bad for Jay and Punit! Such was the fan following!

So in that aspect, I think the channel somehow balanced the popularity part pretty well. I'm satisfied by this.

Add to that the fact that nobody knew beforehand how the choreos would turn out. Shampa and Neerav are both trained by Terence, but there's a mass amount of difference. Preeti's performance was good in the first round, but not after that. IRonically shampa's dance didn't have the WOW factor in the first round, but she's doing well now.

Then of course, the way choreography turns out is also dependent on many other factors other than only choreo's skills. I'll give Sushant's example here- much of the credit for excellent dances goes to his concept and story ideas for the dances--- especially in the horror round and the Mrityunjay act. Shampa, though an excellent choreo, couldn't have saved it alone. After all their first performance, even though good, was not the best na? Others had done a much better job than her in that one. Same for Shekhar- his comic timing gave his first performance an edge, and somehow saved his second performance.

So finally I would say sushant-shampa are just lucky becos they COMPLEMENT each other. He's a dancer with brainy ideas, and she's a good choreo--- and both are using it to the optimum-- which the channel didn't know they would do.

I feel the channel has been fair so far where choreo allotment is concerned. The only place where they went wrong was Krushna. They shouldn't have taken Robin at all in the competition- if she doesn't know hindi songs, how could she make him dance on them? Krushna was too generous in not asking for a replacement, he should have, ideally.

I agree with you on this point. Thanks for clearing my doubts.Smile Now if only someone could offer me a reasonable explanation on the calculations behind the bottom 3.

tamushi

Go to top