Joined: 22 April 2006
Salman Khan, with characteristic nonchalance, talks about mocking Katrina, his patch-up with John and that Guzaarish fiasco
Over the past few months, Salman has learnt the art of calmly dealing with the media but even then his impetuosity is intact. Taking time off while shooting for an ad, the actor talks to us.
• If you ever marry, how would your ceremony be? Grand or private?
I'll wake up in the morning and realise that I am married.
• Your audience thought you made jibes at Katrina on your show.
No, we were having fun together. I have taken her case a lot of times. It is the humour that Katrina and I share.
• Dabangg was one of the biggest hits this year. Do you think you are the number one actor?
• Who is the number one actor according to you?
I know I am not and I really don't care.
• Everyone wants to know your relationship status with Katrina.
Have I ever said that I was dating her or that I broke up with her? Then why should I say now?
• For your fans to know...
They will get in touch with me (winks).
• Is it true that you are upset with Katrina because of her increasing proximity to Ranbir Kapoor?
No, not at all. Ranbir used to come home all the time.
• After Sangeeta Bijlani's break up with her husband Azhradduin, she has been seen in your company. Anything brewing?
Sangeeta and I have always been very close. And Azhar and she haven't broken up. They are very much together.
• Reportedly, the SRK-Farah Khan fall out has made you Farah's close friend.
Farah and I have always been close. It is just that we didn't work for the longest time. In fact, during the screen test for Maine Pyaar Kiya, I took Farah to choreograph a song and when she saw me dancing she said 'iska kuch nahi ho sakta hai' and ran away from there.
• Sajid Nadiadwala is your close friend too. Now that he is working with SRK, is there any friction between Sajid and you?
No. I will love Sajid to work with others. In fact, he asked me and I told him to go ahead.
• So he did ask you before taking SRK on board?
Sajid came up to me with the script and asked me. I asked him, 'Are you married to me or what'?
• Recently, in Koffee With Karan, Shah Rukh said that if you are upset with him, it is entirely his fault. Your comments?
Do I have to say something?
(silent) Well, then it must be his fault!
• You patched up with John Abraham recently.
When he says hi I say hi to him. I worked with him on a concert and it takes a long time to build friendships.
• But there was a fight during the concert...
There was never any fight. We just never spoke.
• There was a buzz about your closeness with Kangna Ranaut.
(Smiles) No Sweetheart. Sorry to disappoint you.
• You were also doing a film with her for Mahesh Manjrekar, which got shelved. Why?
We were trying to work something out. It was not confirmed. I will surely work with Kangana.
• Is Govinda upset with you? Is Partner 2 happening?
No! We are just not getting a good script for Partner 2.
• Your words about Guzaarish made Hrithik and Bhansali upset
If you watch the show, you will see I was making digs at my own films, Khamoshi and Phir Milenge. I said 'ek kutta bhi dekhne nahi aaya.'
I was asked if I would make such films ever. I said that that time was different. Today, the theatre has to be full. So, I strongly believe that if you want to send out a message just pick up the phone and send one. I am here to entertain. If I want to give out a message, I will text it, I will tweet it. I will not make an expensive film on it. That is what I said about my films. Then I gave the example of Guzaarish, a film that the critics had already killed much before me.
• Hrithik was hurt and vented his feelings in print.
Hrithik is a child!
• Reportedly, even Bhansali was upset. Did either of you talk to each other?
Bhansali... (long pause), he is a grown man.
Shahrukh Khans Family (Rare Collection)
Author: princessunara Replies: 13 Views: 2267
|princessunara||13||2267||30 December 2010 at 8:51pm by ZumSrK.|
When Salman met Salman
Author: rhea_6 Replies: 11 Views: 9836
|rhea_6||11||9836||02 June 2009 at 9:30pm by punjabi_qt26|
Salman shuns Bruna - salman looking cute in d pic
Author: Salyanka Replies: 1 Views: 6388
|Salyanka||1||6388||12 December 2008 at 8:37pm by ibelieveinpink|
Salman-Ranbir at Salman Khan's Foundation
Author: MiniRulz Replies: 7 Views: 4779
|MiniRulz||7||4779||06 March 2008 at 5:28pm by --__Shireen__--|
Salman Khan Out, Big B,Abishek,Srk,Salman
Author: tenyangzom Replies: 16 Views: 5521
|tenyangzom||16||5521||23 September 2006 at 11:21am by ar$hi|
Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.
Popular Channels :Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK
Quick Links :Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index