Mythological Masti

India-Forums

Mythological Masti
Mythological Masti

Discussion: The Pride of Radha and the Gopis (Page 4)

Debipriya Senior Member
Debipriya
Debipriya

Posted: 31 March 2011 at 11:54pm | IP Logged
Really late in posting here Embarrassed… Just Loved all the posts- Janu, Aishu, Sita, Parina, Semanti, Vedo and LolaStar  Star  Star  Star… Do not have anything to add… All the posts are just Superb!!  Clap
(My points are not actually Big smile about the thread, but they are somehow 'related' to the points made by different members in their posts.)

@Janu, the way you have explained about various Seers who wrote those sacred texts is really Wonderful! Star I remember you explained the same in 'Favourite Kand from Ramayan' Thread… You know, I feel that God is 'antheen', so there can be different ways to approach Him and each person takes the path acc to his /her understanding… So we have Sooo Many different versions… All of them are the different ways/ angles to reach/ perceive the Lord…

And regarding praying to any other Fictitious God- well, 'all the Prayers go to the Lord' as said in the Geeta and also in 'Shri Krishna Tumhi' song- "sarva Deva namaskaara, Keshavam prati gachchhati"- so ultimately it is the Lord who fulfills all those prayers. So, it is the Devotion which brings the fruit (acc to the desire/ wish of the devotee), not the actual God/ Goddess… Loved your point 'essence of God will be lost' Star regarding this topic.

@Aishu, Yes Dear, 'Faith' has nothing to do with age, in fact,  it only depends on the 'True Knowledge' (i.e.- Devotion), present in that person. That is the real base of Faith.

About 'Geet Govinda'- Just adding a bit more info about it… yes, I have read the Bengali translation of it once, but not in details Unhappy,  as I did not have that much time. It is somewhat like a Lyrical Drama/ Pastoral/ opera, which portrays Radha-Krishna as human beings of this earth, having the emotions as Human Beings. The Pictorial and Musical effects of this text are very very Rich!…   While reading it (or actually 'watching' it on stage), we are bound to Feel the Love, the pain, the separation, the anger, and all the other emotions related with them! It is very very Sweet… After 'Brahmabaivart Puran', it is the first text where we find Shrimati Radherani as the main character, may be Jaydev followed BBP as his prime source.  Before Geet Govinda, we have just some references to Radhe Rani in various ancient texts.… This text is just saturated with Love… 'Earthly Love is just another form of  Divine Love' – which can be experienced thr' this text (my personal opinion Smile, th' commentators have varied opinions about it). Jaydev was a devotee of the Lord, after 'Geet Govinda', he became the court poet of Lakshman Sen, who was the King of Bengal at that time. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DharmaPriyaa

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Mythological Masti Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index