Appreciate the show for what it is

Unfinished thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

I don't understand why people are looking for dramatic changes in character for Pratigya, Krishna, Arushi, Kesar & others and not appreciate the show for what it is.  The coming together of the myriad of different personalities gives this show its flavor. The mesh of characters creates conflict & drama keeps us coming back for more.

I think it is very arrogant of the viewer to demand changes in a character's personality simply because they don't like a particular behavior. I get Pratigya is hypocritical, completely biased in her view of her family as opposed to others, disdainful of her in-laws, and is shamelessly using Krishna's blind love and devotion for her, to  her own advantage and shows very little emotional attachment for Krishna in return. 

BUT the character, with all her flaws, have been sketched out just so by the writers. And just like  real people, fictional characters are also NOT perfect. We would not want these characters to be perfect. That would make for a boring show. We can't expect everyone to be "nice" all the time.  Pratigya may not be very appreciative of her husband always, but that is who she is! A little selfish with misplaced  priorities.  (The fact that we are all in love with Krishna and know that we would do a far better job of appreciating him is completely irrelevant to the show.) Krishna married Pratigya not knowing who she really was. He never had a conversation with her before marriage. He fell in love with her looks - very fair and very pretty.  If all the characters suddenly changed for the better, all driven by viewer demand, then this show will no longer be "Pratigya" will  it? It will have to be called Utopia.

So far almost all characters have stayed true to form. I expect Pratigya to continue be all righteous but shallow in her dealings and continue to take advantage of Krishna. And why should she change? Just because we want her to?  In the fictional world of the show, Pratigya doesn't think she is doing anything wrong.   There is no compelling reason for her to change. (unless Krishna suddenly leaves her which could then lead to changes in her personality)   Other characters have so far also stayed true to their original characterizations  β€“  horny Shakti, evil Amma, doormat Kesar, cunning SS, hypothetical Shyam Saxena, emotional Nainaji, silent ghanti dadi, boring Ardash, outspoken Komal, impulsive and stupid Arushi 

Like in real life, I don't expect the characters to change overnight…  Personalities are formed in early childhood. You are who you are.  

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

babithaj thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Exactly My point... I just spoke abt this in LUD thread. This is how they started loosing the show's charm by criticizing every actions of them. We do take advantage of our Husband, don't we???? Tht means its not tht she gonna make use of him n leave him in the middle of the road....

MUST thread needed at this time....πŸ€—πŸ‘
MERARAI thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
QUOTED BY LOVESTEA:
So far almost all characters have stayed true to form. I expect Pratigya to continue be all righteous but shallow in her dealings and continue to take advantage of Krishna. And why should she change? Just because we want her to?  In the fictional world of the show, Pratigya doesn't think she is doing anything wrong.   There is no compelling reason for her to change. (unless Krishna suddenly leaves her which could then lead to changes in her personality)   Other characters have so far also stayed true to their original characterizations  '  horny Shakti, evil Amma, doormat Kesar, cunning SS, hypothetical Shyam Saxena, emotional Nainaji, silent ghanti dadi, boring Ardash, outspoken Komal, impulsive and stupid Arushi.

Lovestea

I agree KN and Amma are still their horny and mean selves. Kesar evolved and grew a little but it's understandable characters take time to grow and change for the better. Nainaji went through a few moments of crazy talk but she has remained the same worry wart for most part. Adarsh and Komal have taken a few steps forward and returned to square one.

However two crucial characters have been tinkered with a bit too much.  Granted Krishna is expected to change after marriage like Prats would, after all they are entering a new relationship that requires many adjustments as they grow together. However, Krishna's core character has been compromised in a few ways. Early on he was a man who had a mind of his own, intuitive with self-confidence in spite of being an unpud. Now we have a man who is insecure and unsure of himself. By his own admission his love for Prats has degraded him from sher to kutha (his most recent self-evaluation)πŸ˜†. I'd like to know why. Part of the charm of his character was his ability to think on his feet, his self-assuredness but in his quest to win Prats's love he has compromised his strengths. His only agenda has been to keep Prats happy at the expense of his own identity and happiness. As he once told Prats he swallowed a lot just to see her happy.  Long term that will only result in resentment though. He now turns to his friends Tunna and Chandu to do his thinking for him to find a job.

SS was once a shrewd buzurg capable of sniffing out what was coming down the pipeline and staying two steps ahead. Today he is used more as a comic relief and in some ways a beaten down version of the original Takur Sajjan Singh. He never felt the need to remind everyone he is Takur SSingh ever so often. His dialogues are repetitive with more name calling for comic relief. The cunning Takur who had an agenda of his own with Guruma has evolved in a way that has taken away from the uniqueness of his character.

Takurain has become more one dimensional for a while relegated to taunting her bahus. Let's hope she has more to her than that soon.

Edited by MERARAI - 13 years ago
babithaj thumbnail
Just tell me one thing Mera.... B4 marriage Do You think K was a perfect man... with all the qualities for a mard....????? Now he is insecure bcos for some reasons we all know... soon he will be back in form  n he'll be a COMPLETE MAN..... I would say... simply bcos he loves his wife unconditionably doesn't make a man....n we should not expect the same from others also.... Actually I would say he ws more selfish than any others... just bcos he loved a girl, on any a/c he want to get her n he himself hinks tht she loves him, is tht u guys call he has his mind on his own... yes true, may be...
babithaj thumbnail
just bcos he himself said kutha doesn't make him one....we use to say all these when we r down n its very common n its happening in everybody's life n day to day life.
Unfinished thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
 Mera,

you are totally correct that Krishna's character has undergone a major core transformation since he got married. He is like a tiger without the stripes now. Maybe getting married to the girl of his dreams was so life- changing that he may never be the same again!.

Obviously the marriage did not have the effect on Pratigya whose  character has not changed. She married Krishna to save her family from harm and humiliation and to this day, she continues to put her family above all else, including Krishna and her marriage. 
And us fans who so very protective of Krishna can't stand it when Pratigya doesn't appreciate him enough! After all he changed for her, he is left all vulnerable there out in the cold, without his "krishna manliness" πŸ˜”
telstra thumbnail
yaara i havenot read your post but from title looks like a positive post so πŸ€— for you πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ too good really needed them yara i will reply when i will read it
babithaj thumbnail

Originally posted by: MERARAI

QUOTED BY LOVESTEA:

Lovestea

I agree KN and Amma are still their horny and mean selves. Kesar evolved and grew a little but it's understandable characters take time to grow and change for the better. Nainaji went through a few moments of crazy talk but she has remained the same worry wart for most part. Adarsh and Komal have taken a few steps forward and returned to square one.

However two crucial characters have been tinkered with a bit too much.  Granted Krishna is expected to change after marriage like Prats would, after all they are entering a new relationship that requires many adjustments as they grow together. However, Krishna's core character has been compromised in a few ways. Early on he was a man who had a mind of his own, intuitive with self-confidence in spite of being an unpud. Now we have a man who is insecure and unsure of himself. By his own admission his love for Prats has degraded him from sher to kutha (his most recent self-evaluation)πŸ˜†. I'd like to know why. Part of the charm of his character was his ability to think on his feet, his self-assuredness but in his quest to win Prats's love he has compromised his strengths. His only agenda has been to keep Prats happy at the expense of his own identity and happiness. As he once told Prats he swallowed a lot just to see her happy. She too ate tht chilli rice which he gave her lovingly[ I doubt, anybody give tht to their loved ones] just to make him happy nd at peace.  Long term that will only result in resentment though. He now turns to his friends Tunna and Chandu to do his thinking for him to find a job.

SS was once a shrewd buzurg capable of sniffing out what was coming down the pipeline and staying two steps ahead. Today he is used more as a comic relief and in some ways a beaten down version of the original Takur Sajjan Singh. He never felt the need to remind everyone he is Takur SSingh ever so often. His dialogues are repetitive with more name calling for comic relief. The cunning Takur who had an agenda of his own with Guruma has evolved in a way that has taken away from the uniqueness of his character.

Takurain has become more one dimensional for a while relegated to taunting her bahus. Let's hope she has more to her than that soon.

MERARAI thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ramanbabitha

Just tell me one thing Mera.... B4 marriage Do You think K was a perfect man... with all the qualities for a mard....????? Now he is insecure bcos for some reasons we all know... soon he will be back in form  n he'll be a COMPLETE MAN..... I would say... simply bcos he loves his wife unconditionably doesn't make a man....n we should not expect the same from others also.... Actually I would say he ws more selfish than any others... just bcos he loved a girl, on any a/c he want to get her n he himself hinks tht she loves him, is tht u guys call he has his mind on his own... yes true, may be...

Babitha

I approach in looking at the character sketch based on how he was drafted when the show first began. Granted it's the world of fiction and soap operas where character come back with new faces, return from the dead and all kind of crazy stuff.

What doesn't sit well with me is messing with the core character. They way I see it  characters  sketched are as perfect as they can be. Every character has his bright and dark side that peeks through based on circumstances. What I can't wrap my head around is  how does a man getting his wife to reciprocate his love ends up losing his confident nature. If anything the more she opened up the more confident he would become.πŸ˜•

I also don't see it as a Prats vs. Krishna. I address all characters...........applaud or tell then to get their act together, I'm just an equal opportunity commentator. I spare none of them. From Ganti Dadi to Piasiya to Dadi and Nainaji and everyone in between. πŸ˜† The fun is in talking to these characters knowing they are ficitonal. I wouldn't dare to judge or comment if these characters were real people for I don't see myself judge or jury in their lives. πŸ€”
dhakarn thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i agree that we should appreciate the show for what it is.................but completely disagree that pratigya is selfish and is using krishna..................if she were selfish she wouldn't have stayed on in that hell, even she wouldn't have fallen for an unpad, gavar, gunda like him......................if she were selfish she wouldn't have realized the inner goodness of krishna..............if she were selfish she would have created rift between the family before she loved krishna or she would have created rift between krishna and his family after she fell for him..................to this date she has never told him what all ordeals she had to endure when krishna was not at home or near her..............she is just over sensitive and over protective about her family, that's all................and remember she told kesar she is willing to take back the complaint if amma and sakthi really regretted their actions...........which they didn't and so her adamant stance that  they should be punished............here whatever arushi did she regrets it and so pratigya pleaded to give her a chance to redeem herself................ and as far as her recent behavior towards krishna its in her nature to snap at him every now and then if he is not seeing her POV................which almost every wife does in real life...............but i strongly agree that she sometimes takes him for granted and as arushi pointed out is feeling 'ghamand' in his love............even now anybody has any doubt in her actual feeling for krishna just remember her dream in the dawn that day and also how she disregarded her own imminent death when the snake bit her and pleaded with krishna to come home as everyone was worrying about him and punish her for the pain she only caused and not others (even in the brim of death she never had anything else in her mind , not even her family) and her heart felt prayer to lord krishna the other day...............
Edited by dhakarn - 13 years ago