Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Are we being selfish? (Page 5)

mussy.jamshed IF-Dazzler
mussy.jamshed
mussy.jamshed

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 4:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rayjst

When the show ends, ppl will lose jobs, yes.. But the show wasn't created because it would generate job opportunities rite, it was created for the viewers... Nd as a viewer I would, like all of us, be extremely hurt if the show goes down the drain.... If they decide to continue without Mishal, no matter what the storyline, the ratings will surely take a plunge...It will last some 3-4 months nd would then have an unceremonious exit........Then also ppl will lose their jobs. So why bother wasting so much resources on creating something that would at it's best be a pale shadow of it's original self....It would be a torture to watch something like that happening to LTL nd it would be in the best interest of everyone involved with it that they end it.Wrap it up nd start new projects nd let all our memories of LTL remain as good ones only.... I agree with SAarW though, after Anna track, Dutta's character hardly gets nything major to do...First it was Naku nd Bappa nd now it's Naku nd Kala....But the current track with Seema nd Dutta sounds interesting to me atleast.....Keeping my fingers crossed, bad news after bad news since New Year, desperately hoping nd praying that the trend would change....

If an actor gets replaced in a movie sequel. it's a lot bit more easy to adjust to it because the first one probably already had a closure nd if not so also it's a 3 hr thing at max. Nd each of them are separate projects... But a daily soap nd their characters are the ones people relate to nd associate with a lot, it's something that you tune in for every day, things like Star Parivar awards nd all wouldn't have worked out otherwise rite....In Dutta's case, MR's image and mannerisms are etched in peoples minds forever as Dutta, nd even if they bring in someone who matches the character's physical description it won't work the way it did because that thing is gone...Especially so in Dutta's case because MR did a magnificient job with it....At the same time Dutta was a very well written charater too, that combination was what was phenomenal nd that is something which is very difficult to achieve...The entire cast has got a good onscreen dynamic going on which would be incomplete if one is recast... I have a feeling that TaSha might work but definitely not Duji, that friendship can't potrayed the way it was without MR as Dutta.......

It's jst 'cause it's Dutta, I mean if someone recast Naitik(no offence to the show's fans, pls don't be mad, nd someone tell me if i should delete this, is it against IF rules) or come to think of it most leads are replacableLOL, I think I would hardly notice the change because that show runs based on some other concept, but this is Dutta nd Nakusha's story nd it's insane to do something like that.....I hope MR stays nd if not the other much dreaded option, they end the showUnhappy.....

Outstanding post ..........I agree completelyClap

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

LaTuLarayjstmozart66ImmaculateDream

rayjst Senior Member
rayjst
rayjst

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 5:25am | IP Logged
Hee heeEmbarrassed, Danx.... *feels like a narcissist for pressing the like button when someone says ur post is nice LOL*  Guess that post was a distant summary of what every one feltGeek

Nd yep, MR is really intelligent, smart nd has guts... A very talented individual who potrayed Dutta nd brought out all those layers of his complicated psyche out... The way Mishal would talk about Dutta during his interviews, I have never seen nyone else do, not even "popular"  movie actors. He deserves something way better than run of the mill bollywood movies nd I really hope he gets them too.... He reminds me of the talented actors who understand nd research their characters very well nd then potray them... Sadly film industries world over don't  produce many intelligent thinking films dat are at the same time popular anymore..........Hope MR will be able to change that trend nd be able to be a part of really amazing projects.....
MR was mindblowingly good but I do believe that it was an effort from everyone involved with the project too nd if I start writing thanking them, it would go on for pages, so I better not...But wishing each nd everyone of them a great future too, no matter what fate has in store for LTL....

The journey so far was awesome nd I hope the rest would be tooSmile............

Nd this forum, God it's so fanatabulous, I don't have words to explain it... Everyone's so talented, nd friendly, pucho hi mathSmile. Glad to have discovered it nd dat is one more thing I am thankful to LTL for.....Awesome job everyone, especially the Dev Team, hoping nd praying with fingers crossed that we will get to see some amazing stuff in the coming weeksBig smile......................

Edited by rayjst - 07 January 2011 at 5:53am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

LaTuLadivy609

ImmaculateDream IF-Sizzlerz
ImmaculateDream
ImmaculateDream

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 5:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rayjst

If an actor gets replaced in a movie sequel. it's a lot bit more easy to adjust to it because the first one probably already had a closure nd if not so also it's a 3 hr thing at max. Nd each of them are separate projects... 

Exactly!  tell me will u or anyone would be able to watch a movie where the same character is played by both SRK and is replaced  by Aamir khan in the second half???  two brilliant actors in a Movie Come on!!! playing a single character! 

same is the case with a show as well .. LTL is not like a never ending show.. it will end in sometime .. so, whatever issues MR has now with either Channel or PH he better resolve it with them .. show is bigger then their Egos.. An Audience is involved here one should not forget abt that..  

So they must resolve this issue otherwise LTL is gone for sure.. for me atleast ..Smile no doubt abt that.. Smile

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

LaTuLarayjstKevadivy609mussy.jamshed.Indu.

neets_ltl Goldie
neets_ltl
neets_ltl

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 6:03am | IP Logged
I was watching the 2 part interview of telly tadka with mishal and mahi and what struck me was the way in which he said something along the lines of, 'I actually was late in coming to India to take up acting' and so forth and that he is happy to be here. Mahi said in the interview her mum thinks he should be a bollywood actor. All written interviews have continously mentioned his bollywood dream. Its being drummed into his head that he can do it. The guy is so intelligent, frank and determined to achieve his dream, I wouldn't be surprised if well and truly is leaving. Im not going to sit here and criticize him for choosing to fulfill his ambitions, but I will find it incredibly ridiculous if the CVs choose to not end the show with a Tasha reunion with MR as Dutta. If someone replaces him, I will continue to watch the show out of curiosity and because Im not going to give up on something just because MR decided its enough. There is still talent left in LTL to admire- Vinay and Aashka. Obviously, it will be a massive blow to lose MR but you just have to deal with it. Watching episodes last night also made me realise that I will miss MR as Dutta a lot- but its something Im going to have to potentially deal with. MR has kept me glued to the screen for 20 odd minutes everyday but those minutes have been breathtaking! I will treasure the fact that LTL is a part of my life. And I can well and truly say that no other actor has stirred so many emotions within me like he has. No Bollywood actor has come close apart from SRK in Kal Ho Naa Ho. MR is amazing. Day Dreaming

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

LaTuLa-bharti-

tulsivirani2012 Goldie

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 6:12am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LaTuLa

Go to top