Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Are we being selfish? (Page 3)

ImmaculateDream IF-Sizzlerz
ImmaculateDream
ImmaculateDream

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 10:53pm | IP Logged
@ Ksh 

Trust me Show is Only popular because of The lead Characters and ACtors.. the proof is ratings.. they went up when they played the romantic sequence... they always went up when there is a dramatic sequence..  It went up everytime when Nakusha removed her soot off...  the Story doesn't matter or appeal to An average viewer that much ..unlike Other shows Like Yeh rishta , Balikha VAdhu, Bidaai .. where ppl have kinda accepted replacement because these shows are lead by Social causes, culture..  But that is not the CASE with LTL .. As Its being loved and REcognized by its LEAD ACTOR who plays a Character Dutta..  which is unfortunate for the team but it has given them good fortune as well.. 

so, If Mishal leaves  the show will TANK .. and they are well aware of this fact .. 

anyways, Things might turn out fine and both parties will agree .. there is much time before FEB.. Smile  and ur petition is going strong also .. so dont lose hope guys .. 

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

LaTuLarayjstKevadivy609left_foreversub_rosa-Huma-MrsKhan

ships Senior Member
ships
ships

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 11:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

@Ksh: LTL has always had its stagnation phases and yes things have taken a turn towards kitchen politics in a sense in recent times with Kala v/s Nakku faceoffs...although still not as terrible as it is in most soaps with horrendously written and enacted scenes.....it is usually AG who lifts these scenes up for me....MV is usually average unless given some good dialogues. So yes, I wouldn't be surprised if MR feels the character to be stagnating cuz honestly as a viewer, I myself have phases where the stagnation starts to get to me and I need to take a break of a few days from LTL.....so I do wonder how it must feel to an actor who literally gives his soul to this character.....how must it feel when he WANTS to give his everything to a scene but is hampered by draggy tactics....it can deffo kill the morale of a person to some extent to manage to give their best to a scene.....

Dutta as a character comes with an expiry date in my opinion....it cannot be stretched beyond that and even MR can't salvage it then like you said so maybe that is part of his reason for this decision.....who knows. Like Sara said....whether for good or worse, the LTL ppl MADE this show more about Dutta than Nakku.....and MR poured his heart and soul into the role making it impossible to imagine anyone else as Dutta (for ppl who care for that nuanced style of acting i.e. like you said....maybe there are just us few who are takers for it).....

In in ideal situation, I could see LTL going on for another 4-5 months....but even 2 months is ample time to wrap up the current storyline with a sensible end....Dutta's realization and whole hearted acceptance of Nakku and the DN reunion.....and MR has given that much notice as of now it seems.

I agree with you that it's surprising that LTL managed to stay in the top 10 this long given it's different style of treatment....I would never want it to reach the Uttaran etc. kind of popularity level if it had to sacrifice its original essence for that.....but if that works for some ppl, good for them.

What the creatives have been doing for a while now is adding some stretching/dragging/masala tactics and spacing out the high points/revelations of the show.....in order to prolong it's lifespan....otherwise this story could have been wrapped up before this....but being a daily soap, they wanted to milk it for all its worth.....but even that can only be done for so long until a show loses all credibility....

Very-very -very well said. Very objective thoughts!! thx for summing emotions of so many of us so beautifully.

-Ships

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

LaTuLakomal_w25MrsKhanAreYaar

sinak IF-Dazzler
sinak
sinak

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 11:43pm | IP Logged
Hi Guys,

Since it seems Mishal is leaving by end of Feb its will be better if the creatives and Production house replace him with other actor for Dutta's role. If they are planning to kill Dutta's character then there are many thing to ties up, like Kala's actual face, BH thing. So if we can request the production house/creatives for replacement than Naku-cop story will be better. 

Once Mishal leaves and Mahi is also asked for leave for her marriage, where will be the story heading to. The serial can't run on other star cast without the Mahi being there nor with the cop story.

According to you which actor will be able to do Dutta's character.
MrsKhan IF-Addictz
MrsKhan
MrsKhan

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 12:36am | IP Logged

@Anu, Sara: Agree with you!

@Sara: I do hope the petition works or atleast MR agrees to stay till a point when Tasha can be given a closure...giving a closure by Feb is possible but then the pace would rushed which we as viewers are not used to. LOL! Maybe another 5-6 months is fine.

@Sinak: If Dutta has to be replaced I can think of Sharad Kelkar at the top of my head. He is decent looking, tall and well built. Liek Mishal he too would atleast physically be a perfect foil to Mahi's petite frame. And then he is jobless at the moment plus has a decent fan base due to his successful Saath Phere. Plus BP fans would be happy too. And SK and VR have been working as a team in Colors events too. LOL!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

silkroute

*dewdrop~pearl* IF-Rockerz
*dewdrop~pearl*
*dewdrop~pearl*

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 1:22am | IP Logged

Very good topic Hema Clap. I totally agree with you.

Maybe this is the time and opportunity for creatives to be really creative. There is no doubt that MR is the life of LTL and if he is not there, LTL will never be the same again. But we also have no doubt that today if LTL is successful and soulful, as much as MR even the creatives should be thanked, as its their character sketch, dialogues, tracks, and eventually MR who gave life to Dutta. What if the character sketch and dialogues of the CVs were cleche and cheesy? Would we have liked Dutta? If like other seriels, even Dutta kept doubting his wife, and doing other wrong things which in no way can we redeem him back, would we continue to like Dutta or LTL? Remember some time back, like this news of Dutta leaving LTL, there was a huge commotion in the forum when they brought in infedility track and all of us were scared and dint know how the CVs would handle it. Many even said if Dutta doubted Nakku's chastity, they will quit the show immediately. But eventually what did the CVs do? Did they show the same thing that happens in other seriels? If Dutta did that and other things, would we have continued to like him? CVs have the power and if they made Dutta doubt Nakku, Mishal would have done that scene. So at the end of the day, like how MR made LTL, we should give equal credit to the creatives as well. So like we have faith in MR's talent, shouldn't we have the same faith in the CV'S talent as well? So if the creative team is so strong that they made a soulful character like Dutta with their character sketch and dialogues, maybe we should maintain our faith in them that even after MR leaves, they will still continue to show their talent, as if someone has talent (be it MR or CVs), it will always shine. Maybe not the way things were when MR was there, but atleast by showing something decent and sensible.

So with MR leaving only half the battle is lost. Now lets see how this incredibly creative CVs prove their real talent by bringing back LTL. This is the real test of their already proved amazing talent. LTL might not be the same without MR but atleast if they can keep it as a decent show, it would still be good for the other crew members and PH.

Like how people have a fate and luck, even other things like seriels, movies, etc has their own fate and luck. When LTL started, if it had a great luck and fate, it will not just end with MR's exit. And who knows, what if we audiences are pleasantly surprised that even without MR LTL continues to interest us Wink. I know, as of now it is next to impossible for all of us to even imagine LTL without MR and it will never be the same, but what if it remains atleast a decent show? If it's the same CVs who gave us a wonderful show till today, maybe in future also they might continue to keep it a decent show, if not really awesome.

So lets not jump to conclusions and write off the CV's capabilities by unfairly judging them, just cos MR is leaving. Lets give them a chance, what if we are just assuming that they are planning to show blunders like introduction of the cop, etc. Can we fully trust these articles? Remember the same articles said Dutta would lock up Nakku in some store room after FR LOL?!

So I would say instead of abruptly ending LTL, maybe they should atleast try to see what they can logically and sensibly do with the story line after MR exits to continue to maintain a certain interest level in the audience ( I know nothing can beat MR or the interest we had to watch LTL when he was there), but what if they are able to come up with something atleast decent and sensible?

I know LTL will never be the same without MR. It might never resurface to that level ever again. But again, apart from Mishal, there are other talented actors and crew members in LTL bcos of which we liked LTL in totality. Its not just Dutta, but also his chemistry with those around him that we liked (like Baaji, Nakku, AS....even with villains like Anna, Chaaskar, etc, everyone stands out in some way). So since the PH has a good resource of talent (including the CVs and other stars), maybe they should try their best as to what they can possibly do to maintain the show at a decent level (if not as high as when MR was there). Why should the entire show wrap up just because of one person?

We all know these CVs are brilliantly talented from what they have shown us till today. So lets see how they use this talent of theirs to resurface LTL after MR leaves. I really love MR a lot and the show will never be the same for me without him, I think probably I might consider to stop watching this show. But before that I might maybe give 1 month time to check out how these CVs creatively handle such a crisis situation. This would be their real acid test and once they prove that LTL can run decently even without MR, MR and we audience will eventually understand that no one is indispensable and the show can run even without MR (maybe not as good, but atleast a decent fare). So I would definitely give a chance for atleast a month as I love the CV's work as much as I loved MR in the show - the quality of the show was the sum of the two. I have a certain faith in the CVs, so lets see how LTL wins back the half lost battle Wink.

Edited by *dewdrop~pearl* - 07 January 2011 at 4:28am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

LaTuLarayjst

shish15 IF-Dazzler
shish15
shish15

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 2:11am | IP Logged
I don't think they can get just bring a new actor and announce him being Mishal's replacement....when they themselves have been portraying a story where Dutta is not able to accept his love...just b'coz she has a different face than which he fell in love with......

How can they ask the audience to do so?

As for Naku and this cop's love story.......just how many times a person falls in love...woh bhi this intense!!! she feels his every aahat....she reads his every thought....I believe true love happens only once!!....and we have to watch a love story without any meaning..then there are 100s shows running..all have a love story in it....we can watch them.....why spoil the after taste of a brillian love story of Dutta and Naku.

As for unemployment of all the others workers are concerned...most probably this show is doomed if Mishal leaves...aaj nahin to kal they'll have to end it.....you might have noticed Colors channels soooo love to end a show which they feel is not giving them enough trps.....

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

rayjstsub_rosaImmaculateDreamAreYaar

ImmaculateDream
ImmaculateDream

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 2:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kshreya2002

@Anu, Sara: Agree with you!

@Sara: I do hope the petition works or atleast MR agrees to stay till a point when Tasha can be given a closure...giving a closure by Feb is possible but then the pace would rushed which we as viewers are not used to. LOL! Maybe another 5-6 months is fine.

A rushed pace would be better then seeing some new face butchering the character we loved  or seeing an entirely different show .. it will ruin everything ..  so better end the show on the same faces .Its the lead ACtor we are talking abt here... 

rayjstsub_rosa

ImmaculateDream
ImmaculateDream

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 2:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chochu15

I don't think they can get just bring a new actor and announce him being Mishal's replacement....when they themselves have been portraying a story where Dutta is not able to accept his love...just b'coz she has a different face than which he fell in love with......

How can they ask the audience to do so?

As for Naku and this cop's love story.......just how many times a person falls in love...woh bhi this intense!!! she feels his every aahat....she reads his every thought....I believe true love happens only once!!....and we have to watch a love story without any meaning..then there are 100s shows running..all have a love story in it....we can watch them.....why spoil the after taste of a brillian love story of Dutta and Naku.

As for unemployment of all the others workers are concerned...most probably this show is doomed if Mishal leaves...aaj nahin to kal they'll have to end it.....you might have noticed Colors channels soooo love to end a show which they feel is not giving them enough trps.....

Love u shish for ur post! 

WORDDDDDD! Clap

rayjstshish15

Go to top