Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Are we being selfish? (Page 2)

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 8:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kshreya2002

Who knows if they cast one of the jobless actors who have a decent fan base(instead of casting a raw newcomer) and have all sorts of dramatic ektaish crap then the show can continue. Maybe most of us wont be seeing it...but most of the trp generating public loves crap so LTL might get a totally different audience.

Most likely this is indeed what will happen.....I would love for the petition to work but don't have much hope.....the producers will only look at their TRPs and profits.

@bold: Exactly....the crappier and more retarded a show gets, the higher the TRPs....LTL will likely find a new audience...the kind that already enjoys the usual crap on TV.....

What made LTL different, special....that essence will be gone forever.....so happy watching to the ppl who are used to watching the usual extremely average and senseless fare on TV.....LTL is headed in that direction if the show is continued after MR's exit.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

LaTuLarayjst

mIsHeZ.x IF-Rockerz
mIsHeZ.x
mIsHeZ.x

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 8:29pm | IP Logged
wel maybv r bein a lil selfish but dey cnt reli blame us 4 reactin dat way can dey...? especialy when ol dis hapend so unexpectedly...plus cvs should hav realisd dat v mainly here 4 Dutta..i wudn hav reactd lyk dis if it woz sum1 els leavin d show evn if it wz kala bt y did it had 2 b d protagonists!! cvs n mishal hav totali mesd up evrifn 4 us..v bak 2 d real world wich i ges no1 wantd..we ol stil wishd 2 b in tasha dreamland...cnt say enfn mor...sum of u myt say v r ova reactin bt im my point of view da cvs hav been rli insenstiv 2wrdz der loyal viewrs n hav left us wishin d dey myt as wel jus wrap up..wich tbh none of us wud eva dreama of wishin jus a while bak...PinchDisapprove x

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LaTuLa

MrsKhan IF-Addictz
MrsKhan
MrsKhan

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 8:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

Originally posted by kshreya2002

Who knows if they cast one of the jobless actors who have a decent fan base(instead of casting a raw newcomer) and have all sorts of dramatic ektaish crap then the show can continue. Maybe most of us wont be seeing it...but most of the trp generating public loves crap so LTL might get a totally different audience.

Most likely this is indeed what will happen.....I would love for the petition to work but don't have much hope.....the producers will only look at their TRPs and profits.

@bold: Exactly....the crappier and more retarded a show gets, the higher the TRPs....LTL will likely find a new audience...the kind that already enjoys the usual crap on TV.....

What made LTL different, special....that essence will be gone forever.....so happy watching to the ppl who are used to watching the usual extremely average and senseless fare on TV.....LTL is headed in that direction if the show is continued after MR's exit.

Anu I think the show has already started heading in the usual crap direction with the snooze inducing Kala-Naku fights. AG might be a good actress but both she and MV cant take the scenes to a higher level. The best drama in the show has been provided by Dutta. And lets face it since the Bappa jaap days Dutta hasnt had anything new to do on the show...which he didnt do. They could have done a LOT of things differently which they for some reason chose not to and instead made the show a drag-fest. Maybe MR realizes Dutta is slowing being sidelined in favor of kitchen politics. Its not as obvious as other shows but its definitely happenning. But majority of the fans are yet to feel the difference....so maybe if MR agrees to stay back Dutta and the show can be salvaged and Tasha can get a logical conclusion.
And yes if MR doesnt stay back I am prepared to watch another decent actor take up this role. Better that than some cop story which will take a show on a different tangent. And I will prefer they simply replace MR than plastic surgery crap. Then can then have their usual crap which can get in a different set of viewers and I am sure most male actors would not mind that either. It will be a win-win situation for all except the old hardcore LTL fans like us who watch LTL becuz its different.

mIsHeZ.x

ImmaculateDream IF-Sizzlerz
ImmaculateDream
ImmaculateDream

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 9:21pm | IP Logged
The REST shouldn't have suffer. But unfortunately they have to .. AS the show is progressed like that .. It has become more abt Dutta then Naku.. and honestly speaking .. Trps only increased after Dutta came into Picture .. before that no matter how much the show was interesting ..it was not helping to raise trps.. and TRPS, TAM is all they want! ..the story wont be going anywhere IF dutta is killed or is replaced by a new Character or ACtor... Audience have come so FAR! story has come so FAR.. and No one will be able to fit in MR's shoes. . He has Given a soul to this Character..and a Style which is irreplaceable..so it wont work out for sure.. 

somehow I feel our petition will Work .. they might be able to convince MR coz The reason the man Stated sounded not god enough to leave a Character like that .. 

So there is still hope. Smile 

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

LaTuLakomal_w25rayjstKevadivy609left_forever--Saaki--sub_rosaSanely_Insane--Sia---Huma-MrsKhan

sub_rosa IF-Dazzler
sub_rosa
sub_rosa

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 10:23pm | IP Logged
I agree with those who think that MR is not indispensable. Ratings are all that matter to the Channel...and if they keep the story pacy enough, MR's absence wouldn't matter to the average soap-lover people. The exit of MR is more like a personal loss to me, because I wouldn't ever be able to reconnect with D again. I don't watch soaps, and me getting infatuated with a fictional character that too in a melodrama like LTL is a rare event, and it happened only because of MR's portrayal. It was inevitable for the show to turn crappy...and D lose his edge eventually with or without MR. So, may be he has taken the right decision. But I would still want him to wait until TaSha reunion...and yes I'm being selfish here!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

LaTuLaMrsKhan

MrsKhan IF-Addictz
MrsKhan
MrsKhan

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 10:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sub_rosa

I agree with those who think that MR is not indispensable. Ratings are all that matter to the Channel...and if they keep the story pacy enough, MR's absence wouldn't matter to the average soap-lover people. The exit of MR is more like a personal loss to me, because I wouldn't ever be able to reconnect with D again. I don't watch soaps, and me getting infatuated with a fictional character that too in a melodrama like LTL is a rare event, and it happened only because of MR's portrayal. It was inevitable for the show to turn crappy...and D lose his edge eventually with or without MR. So, may be he has taken the right decision. But I would still want him to wait until TaSha reunion...and yes I'm being selfish here!

@Rosa: Yes...MR is irreplaceable to us...but not the avg viewer. If they cast a decent looking and tall actor with a decent sized fan base as Dutta they can still get good trps...or even better trps with enough crap. It will never be the same for us with MR...but most viewers who belong to the trp generating crowd dont care for MR style nuanced acting.
In a way its a miracle that the show did well all year long despite its different take and remained one of the top 10 shows...but lets face it...it never reached the Trps heights of say an uttaran. Maybe without a nuanced actor like MR the makers can take the usual route and reap in the trps.

@In bold: Same here!

sub_rosa

--Saaki-- IF-Dazzler
--Saaki--
--Saaki--

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 10:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SAraW

The REST shouldn't have suffer. But unfortunately they have to .. AS the show is progressed like that .. It has become more abt Dutta then Naku.. and honestly speaking .. Trps only increased after Dutta came into Picture .. before that no matter how much the show was interesting ..it was not helping to raise trps.. and TRPS, TAM is all they want! ..the story wont be going anywhere IF dutta is killed or is replaced by a new Character or ACtor... Audience have come so FAR! story has come so FAR.. and No one will be able to fit in MR's shoes. . He has Given a soul to this Character..and a Style which is irreplaceable..so it wont work out for sure.. 

somehow I feel our petition will Work .. they might be able to convince MR coz The reason the man Stated sounded not god enough to leave a Character like that .. 

So there is still hope. Smile 

@ Bold : I really hope so sara............If they cant bring MR back,atleast they should end the show with good note  & better start with new serial & new concept & take the people who worked for LTL to work there as well so that other people involved in LTL will not suffer..........& everything will be refreshing.................Smile

Edited by --Saaki-- - 06 January 2011 at 10:48pm
AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 10:47pm | IP Logged
@Ksh: LTL has always had its stagnation phases and yes things have taken a turn towards kitchen politics in a sense in recent times with Kala v/s Nakku faceoffs...although still not as terrible as it is in most soaps with horrendously written and enacted scenes.....it is usually AG who lifts these scenes up for me....MV is usually average unless given some good dialogues. So yes, I wouldn't be surprised if MR feels the character to be stagnating cuz honestly as a viewer, I myself have phases where the stagnation starts to get to me and I need to take a break of a few days from LTL.....so I do wonder how it must feel to an actor who literally gives his soul to this character.....how must it feel when he WANTS to give his everything to a scene but is hampered by draggy tactics....it can deffo kill the morale of a person to some extent to manage to give their best to a scene.....

Dutta as a character comes with an expiry date in my opinion....it cannot be stretched beyond that and even MR can't salvage it then like you said so maybe that is part of his reason for this decision.....who knows. Like Sara said....whether for good or worse, the LTL ppl MADE this show more about Dutta than Nakku.....and MR poured his heart and soul into the role making it impossible to imagine anyone else as Dutta (for ppl who care for that nuanced style of acting i.e. like you said....maybe there are just us few who are takers for it).....

In in ideal situation, I could see LTL going on for another 4-5 months....but even 2 months is ample time to wrap up the current storyline with a sensible end....Dutta's realization and whole hearted acceptance of Nakku and the DN reunion.....and MR has given that much notice as of now it seems.

I agree with you that it's surprising that LTL managed to stay in the top 10 this long given it's different style of treatment....I would never want it to reach the Uttaran etc. kind of popularity level if it had to sacrifice its original essence for that.....but if that works for some ppl, good for them.

What the creatives have been doing for a while now is adding some stretching/dragging/masala tactics and spacing out the high points/revelations of the show.....in order to prolong it's lifespan....otherwise this story could have been wrapped up before this....but being a daily soap, they wanted to milk it for all its worth.....but even that can only be done for so long until a show loses all credibility....

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

shipskomal_w25-Fivr-sub_rosadivy609khushixMrsKhan

Go to top