Gaurav Take Responsibility For Your Actions

Posted: 13 years ago
I have always understood Gaurav's pain and the difficult choices he had to make but his way of dealing the consequences of his choices is annoying me. He chose to marry Vidya even if he was emotionally blackmailed by his mom. He is an adult no one would have made him go through the marraige procedure if hadn't eventually agreed but now he has started using Vidya as a punch bag to vent out his anger and today was not the firt time

I understood his pain as he was forced to marry Vidya even though he loved someone else. For this I sympathised with Gaurav but didn't forget that he wronged Vidya by marrying her. That girl had some expectations from her marriage which have not been fulfilled for no fault of hers. She didn't intend to to tell her mom abt her marital situation, she just blurted it out to convince her mother that she could not be pregnant. Even if she did share her fears and unhappiness with her mother whats wrong. Who can she share such things if not her mother. And her mother was completely just in finding about why her dughter is unhappy as she was responsible for this alliance. He had no right to have a go at Vidya. He should realise his actions are the cause of all this mess. He should be man enough and take responsibility for your actions. He has wronged Vidya by not accepting her as his wife the least he can do is be polite to her.

Edited by damon_biteme - 13 years ago
oh ya agree with u
and u noted a very g ood point
I agree with you 100%....it's why i have such a dislike for Gaurav's character....I want his to man up and not treat vidya for badly...it's not her fault that he is in this mess....if he wanted he could have left home done something else rather than ruin a helpless girl's life....after he did it...now he's trying to find fault with Vidya??? really...he is my least favorite character in the show by far....even less than Rishab.....and though it's true Vidya shouldn't take her marraige problems to her mother....the situation is such that she really needs to confide in someone...she really needed someone in her corner....Gaurav should know that Vidya is in a situation even worse than him and support her...not get angry with her.
I agree w/ u.....he shudnt vent his anger on vidya....really disappointed by his actions yesterday....poor vidya
Good post.
At one point I did feel for Gaurav but not anymore. He is behaving in a selfish manner and is being inconsiderate towards Vidya. He had no right to lash out at her like that. The poor girl has no idea as to why her husband is so distant towards her and doesn't keep a husband-wife relation. But despite all that, she doesn't complain about it. I think it's about time that he broke his silence and took responsibility for his own actions. Devyani is also to be blamed for this but Gaurav is a grown man. It's about time he stopped living this double life.
Well like just like everybody, I guess Gaurav decided not to look into Vidya's perspective. And if this is true, then I just hope for Vidya, that Gaurav will just forgive her anyways, or have Vidya speak up for herself.
well i always thought that Guarav was "gay" which is why he could not accept VIdya or consumate his marriage...I remember a while back he was telling the person on the phone that he had not slept with vidya...also when he was at that person's house (the one he loves) his mom shows up and he tells her that the person has cancer and is in the hospital...also his mom has such a dislike for that person when she speaks to them on the phone etc and she is bound on hiding the relationship...
yes Gaurav is at fault i would say 40% by marrying vidya but one person who is a hypocrite selfish and a diplomat is devyani.i dislike her character.
She wants to "protect" her maryada (DELUSIONAL) by crossing any limit .
she knew from day one dat gaurav is never ever going to accept a girl in his life.she forced him to marry a girl.
and we know gaurav is a mommas boy,he understands his mom too well ..rememba that scene where brahma comes in than walks out of the house without even saying a word to devyani n gaurav just looked at his dad ...could c his moms pain.
If devyani was a true woman than she would not let this happen to another woman.

as bau ji said vidya toh gaaye hai usko bandh liya tune priya ko nahi bandh payegi...

Devyani kuch hi dino mein tumhari DELUSIONAL maryada tutegi
Originally posted by nasim75

well i always thought that Guarav was "gay" which is why he could not accept VIdya or consumate his marriage...I remember a while back he was telling the person on the phone that he had not slept with vidya...also when he was at that person's house (the one he loves) his mom shows up and he tells her that the person has cancer and is in the hospital...also his mom has such a dislike for that person when she speaks to them on the phone etc and she is bound on hiding the relationship...

I am also quite sure that Gaurav is gay. There are several hints in the show for example, Devyani's expressions when she heard Vidya might be pregnant, the way she looked at Gaurav, I think she knows very well that her son is gay.
 In India, many parents force their gay sons to marry in the hope that they would "reform" and as a result, mess up the life of the poor girl they marry the son to...
Originally posted by tvdekhunga

yes Gaurav is at fault i would say 40% by marrying vidya but one person who is a hypocrite selfish and a diplomat is devyani.i dislike her character.
She wants to "protect" her maryada (DELUSIONAL) by crossing any limit .
she knew from day one dat gaurav is never ever going to accept a girl in his life.she forced him to marry a girl.
and we know gaurav is a mommas boy,he understands his mom too well ..rememba that scene where brahma comes in than walks out of the house without even saying a word to devyani n gaurav just looked at his dad ...could c his moms pain.
If devyani was a true woman than she would not let this happen to another woman.

as bau ji said vidya toh gaaye hai usko bandh liya tune priya ko nahi bandh payegi...

Devyani kuch hi dino mein tumhari DELUSIONAL maryada tutegi

Yes Devyani is partly repsonsible for getting Gaurav married to Vidya but I think Gaurav is an adult.  He should think about the repercursions of getting into such a marriage. I mean his mother wants him to treat Vidya as his wife but now he is resisting it couldn't he have done this when she forced him to marry her. It does show he is capable of hin thinking for himself. He knows what he wants. What was he thinking when he married her that this is just  behavioural modification which will make his parents happy and make him more acceptable to his dad.

Agree Devyani is trying to project that everything in her family is a hunky dory but I wouldn't call her a hypocrite. She hasn't shown double standrards yet. She does feel Vidya's pain and even Priya's too for that matter.  She genuinely wants her daughter in laws to be happy in her house. She is just trying to protect her kids from exposing them to the true colours of her husband which is understanble as it will destroy her kids esp Aditya who idolizes his dad.

I agree with the fact that she should have realised what she is getting Vidya into when she got her  married but i give her the benifit of doubt. Knowing her character who is confident that she has successfully managed to hide SSP's ugly reality and project a happy family must have thgt she would convince Gaurav to forget about the other person and concentrate on his marriage