Rang Badalti Odhani

India-Forums

Rang Badalti Odhani
Rang Badalti Odhani

Love=Forgiveness...But to what extent? (Page 2)

saaaz IF-Dazzler
saaaz
saaaz

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 12:57pm | IP Logged
@lady in pinnnkkkk...loved yur take
@SYS.. and others.

firstly meri naukri khatre mein....BUT I have to reply to this....becos this aspect is very close to my heart....it is the one aspect that I know has changed completely within me...I used to be less forgiving and now....I forgive and forget so easily that its almost cathartic....I am know even at work place to be one person who stands for myself and who lets go....a combination for my happiness...someone actually wrote it in a card for me...Tongue

the best way to understand this is the song by Don Healey which was then redone by India Arie....i am not posting the whole song....but key message...listen to it...its called heart of the matter....

I'm learning to live without you now
But I miss you, Baby
The more I know, the less I understand
All the things I thought I figured out, I have to learn again
I've been tryin' to get down to the Heart of the Matter
But everything changes
And my friends seem to scatter
But I think it's about forgiveness
Forgiveness
Even if, even if you don't love me anymore

There are people in your life who've come and gone
They let you down and hurt your pride
Better put it all behind you; life goes on
You keep carrin' that anger, it'll eat you inside 

I think what I (Saaz i.e.) am saying is LOVE will come and go...but FORGIVENESS is what sets you freee......sometimes even forgiving yourself.....

Edited by saaaz - 06 January 2011 at 1:38pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

rafia 24-SYS-tvrasikakubarerooj-i

-SYS- IF-Dazzler
-SYS-
-SYS-

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 1:16pm | IP Logged
@ Rafia
I'm not a Nicholas Sparks fan per se but I love that fact that his books got made into some pretty awesome movies! I read A Walk to Remember and The Notebook before the movies even got made but I have to say the movies for some reason made a greater impact-something which has rarely ever happened.Ryan Gosling as Noah Calhoun?Made me go starry eyed for days!

@ Saaz
Ah finally someone like me! I can never carry grudges against anyone and believe me I've tried (after my friends told me that it was unnatural and there was something wrong with me)
I like this song! Its saying so many things at once-that it isn't necessary that the more you know someone the more you understand them.Its never about facts!
Life changes, people change.Evolution is a process that everyone undergoes on a daily basis.Nice song!

" I think what I am saying is LOVE will come and go...but FORGIVENESS is what sets you freee......sometimes even forgiving yourself... "    ---> *Applauds and nods vigorously*

Edited by -SYS- - 06 January 2011 at 1:17pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

rafia 24tvrasikakubarebones88

kubare IF-Sizzlerz
kubare
kubare

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 1:40pm | IP Logged
@Thank you all

@Saaz...aww...yes loved that song...and yes agree...Forgiveness is the biggest thing nah..and the biggest is indeed forgiving oneself...as it indeed sets one free....

Aww...and like you too not a big fan of his books at all....though loved the movie adn loved the quote being used there...the movies were indeed more impactful.

@Yumna...studying human nature...me love that too...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

rafia 24-SYS-

rafia 24 IF-Dazzler
rafia 24
rafia 24

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 2:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kubare

@Thank you all

@Saaz...aww...yes loved that song...and yes agree...Forgiveness is the biggest thing nah..and the biggest is indeed forgiving oneself...as it indeed sets one free....

Aww...and like you too not a big fan of his books at all....though loved the movie adn loved the quote being used there...the movies were indeed more impactful.

@Yumna...studying human nature...me love that too...

lol completely agree with every response, films were more impactful but without the writer no films right? They say forgive and forget which is sometimes easier said then done but I guess it also makes you the bigger/better person

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kubare

Shanak4eva Newbie
Shanak4eva
Shanak4eva

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 5:11pm | IP Logged
hi ladies readin ur comments they are awsom veiws
forgivin is imprtnt as it helps u move on in life like one of u said sets u free
 personal experience not a vry 4gvin person wen i was young lst my bst frnd
i couldnt gt ovr her betrayal gt married moved away frm india aftr years of my own experience
i m so calm forgiv n forgt person i jst think it is beta to forgiv n rememba to lrn in future bt neva neva hold a grudge life is really short
i miss my frnd so mch i m searchin fr her on FB twitter u name it
i knw one day i will find her my intention r right
pray for me ladies
soz if i sound boring
this pst opened old wounds
lovely post

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

jyothi1989-SYS-tvrasikakubare

rooj-i IF-Sizzlerz
rooj-i
rooj-i

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 9:07pm | IP Logged
I don't know what to say but that so many here have already spoken it...but like I promised even I would say something on this topic...

This is really an interesting topic and Like Di said, there is no straight answer to it. In fact each person sees different ways to deal with it all. I would like to add more it. sometimes some things you can forgive but somethings you can't forgive and it depends on how horrible the situation or how forgiving the person. I have seen in my young life where people never forgave someone close to them, even the day they were dying and some people did. 

I think we can easily forgive things but it is hard to forget them. yes forgiveness can set us free but it is hard to forget things. I used to claim that I don't hold grudges for long, which is still true, I do forgive things but I don't forget them ever! It is heard to do that, especially you have been hurt so much from the people you trusted the most in your life!

I have a problem with trust. I have seen so much in my young life (i say young because im 22) and it is not something I expected to see in life or wanted to see in life. I even dealt with things because I've been through so much so i believe that forgiving is important in your life but forget is not easy!

Khanak forgave Shaan but it wasn't easy for her to forget what he did and she can't forget either.

The same can be said for Sam, she can forgive him but she can't forget that he broke her heart. 

Even though you may love the person, it's hard to forget things...so I wudn't say the question is forgiving in love but rather it should be are we able to forget things?

That is my take and gosh I made it so personal! But then again I'm like an open book!ROFL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-SYS-kubarebones88

tvrasika IF-Rockerz
tvrasika
tvrasika

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 9:38pm | IP Logged
Good post Yumna!

Loved reading all the views.... be back later to share mine...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

rooj-i

kubare IF-Sizzlerz
kubare
kubare

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 1:18am | IP Logged
@Rooj...awww....you are just like me here...yes forgiving sometimes is so easy...but can one forget...thats a very got question ...because its not....no matter what we may say...it will always b a part of us....in a corner of our mind...forgeting is the toughest thing really...

@Gaayu can't wait to read your thoughts on this...

@ I really hope you find your friend dear....

Go to top