India-Forums

Rang Badalti Odhani
Rang Badalti Odhani

Love=Forgiveness...But to what extent?

-SYS- IF-Dazzler
-SYS-
-SYS-

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 12:14pm | IP Logged
So I was thinking about the RaSam story and wondering whether being in love also means forgiving the person whatever they have done in the past?
Does being in love with someone also mean being ready to forgive ANYTHING they do?What do you guys think?
Take it away ladies=) [Am I correct in assuming this forum consists of girls and women only?=D]

P.S: This is a general discussion and NOT about RaSam at all.Give their example to elucidate your point if you want but please-No bashing the characters!

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

adeelahujuSairaaaailuvmanarrafia 24-YasharanArshi-tvrasika.Dilwale.kubarerooj-i

rooj-i IF-Sizzlerz
rooj-i
rooj-i

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 12:22pm | IP Logged
Nice topic Yumna!

I'm always in tough position due to this topic...actually even in real life im struggling with it!

Im gonna come back to your topic and put my 2 cents in it!

and i think ur right bout being mostly girls here but there are guys too who barely come!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

iluvmanar-SYS-kubare

rafia 24 IF-Dazzler
rafia 24
rafia 24

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 12:33pm | IP Logged
Hey um difficult to say as Ive personally never been in that position but I believe there is a limit to how much you can forgive someone and it all depends on the act, and how apologetic they are afterwards. Just because you love someone doesn't mean you HAVE to forgive them but people mostly do due to the fear of losing that someone.

jyothi1989-SYS-rooj-i

kubare IF-Sizzlerz
kubare
kubare

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 12:37pm | IP Logged
Yumna loved the question and it can have no straight answr can it....

Love for everyone differes...whats right and whats wrong differes...what can be forgiven and what not also differs from person to person....

The best examples are the classics that we may have read....without going into detail...just naming teh titles...they are some of my favourite books....Wuthering Heights...the cahracter or Heathcliff and Catherine...Pride and Prejudice...Elizabeth and Darcy, Jane Eyer....Jane and R..I forgot his name....are few examples really....

Some people can't forgive even small grievances for years and years and then when they see that what they held as a grudge was a pty issue adn are ready to forgive or move on ..it may be too late....

In the same way we ahd Khanak ...over time forgive Shaan for being responsibel for her hubbies death...if she wanted .....she could have never forgiven him at all no matter what...

Thus siting Rasam as an example...their can be seen in the same light..or we can say it was more a petty issue that was left pending for 5 years...

Thus...everyone deals with the past present differently...love...is not easily descibeable as everyone has a different definition for it....So to each its own....

The best wordings describing love for me are from the bible...

"Love is patient;

love is kind and envies no one.
Love is never boastful,

nor conceited, nor rude;
never selfish,

not quick to take offense.
There is nothing love cannot face;
there is no limit to its faith,
its hope, and endurance.
In a word, there are three things
that last forever: faith, hope, and love;
but the greatest of them all is love."

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

samparrafia 24jyothi1989IFsKhanak-SYS-rooj-i-Veena-

Sairaaaa Goldie
Sairaaaa
Sairaaaa

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 12:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kubare

Yumna loved the question and it can have no straight answr can it....

Love for everyone differes...whats right and whats wrong differes...what can be forgiven and what not also differs from person to person....

The best examples are the classics that we may have read....without going into detail...just naming teh titles...they are some of my favourite books....Wuthering Heights...the cahracter or Heathcliff and Catherine...Pride and Prejudice...Elizabeth and Darcy, Jane Eyer....Jane and R..I forgot his name....are few examples really....

Some people can't forgive even small grievances for years and years and then when they see that what they held as a grudge was a pty issue adn are ready to forgive or move on ..it may be too late....

In the same way we ahd Khanak ...over time forgive Shaan for being responsibel for her hubbies death...if she wanted .....she could have never forgiven him at all no matter what...

Thus siting Rasam as an example...their can be seen in the same light..or we can say it was more a petty issue that was left pending for 5 years...

Thus...everyone deals with the past present differently...love...is not easily descibeable as everyone has a different definition for it....So to each its own....

The best wordings describing love for me are from the bible...

"Love is patient;

love is kind and envies no one.
Love is never boastful,

nor conceited, nor rude;
never selfish,

not quick to take offense.
There is nothing love cannot face;
there is no limit to its faith,
its hope, and endurance.
In a word, there are three things
that last forever: faith, hope, and love;
but the greatest of them all is love."

This is beautifully described Krishna!  I agree with each word of your's as people also say love is a emotion that is defined diffrently from each and everyone's prespective, I really have nothing to say after your post as I totally agree with each word!

-SYS-kubarerooj-i

-SYS- IF-Dazzler
-SYS-
-SYS-

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 12:46pm | IP Logged
@ Rooj
I am awaiting your 2 cents-I really like how you come up with different aspects and then convey them so nicely!

@ Rafia
You're right about people mostly do due to fear of losing a person.So true!

@Krishna
I know that this question will have varying answers since love and its definition varies for everyone.Which is precisely why I love such questions.I get to see so many POVs and its such an interesting study in human nature!
Oh and it was Mr. Rochester and OMG don't even get me started on those classics.I could fill pages upon pages on them!
Those lines made an impact on me too when I saw A Walk to Remember!

Edited by -SYS- - 06 January 2011 at 12:47pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Arsh_hererafia 24kubarerooj-i

rafia 24 IF-Dazzler
rafia 24
rafia 24

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 12:51pm | IP Logged
lol yumna I was going to say the same to Khrishna, all of those books mentiones are apart of my all time classics and those lines only made an impact when I watched a walk to remember awww love nicholas sparks loved the notebook to.

-SYS-kubarerooj-i

rooj-i IF-Sizzlerz
rooj-i
rooj-i

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 12:55pm | IP Logged
@ Yumna: awww thanks darling!Hug I try to keep things fun and logical...too much drama in real life and too much negativity that it is best we keep things into balance!

I have yet to pen down my thoughts so wait for my post! U will love it! I have a take too!

@ Krishna Di: awww I love your post! ur too good! hence ur an arian like me! HugROFL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-SYS-kubare

Go to top