Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Do We Need To Step Back A Bit? (Page 3)

-Carrie- IF-Rockerz
-Carrie-
-Carrie-

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 1:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sadiltl

@zuby,

sorry yaar if i offended somebody. Ofcourse I am not disgusted about any member but on the negativity being spread yaar. I myself will not belive this MR leaving thingy unless some official confirmation Smile. I am happy that way.

but yes if MR is indeed leaving the show, then i would suggest CVs to close the show with TaSha reunion and happily lived after.. tag Embarrassed

No offense at all.Big smile Nice to see u posting & Welcome to the forumSmile 

I agree that if no MR then its better to show the reunion & a happy ending.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

gp00

gp00 IF-Dazzler
gp00
gp00

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 8:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shruti10august

agreed. But maybe our these efforts motivate producers nd they doubled their efforts of persuading mishal.
I don't know for sure of course, but I don't think anything will sway Mishal about this--definitely not money.  I think he has made up his mind, it's a done deal.  If anything, he will try to come back for a fitting end to the show, if time and his schedule allows for it.  I think he would like to end Dutta's story in a fitting way.
gp00 IF-Dazzler
gp00
gp00

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 8:49am | IP Logged
This is going to make me PERSONA NON GRATA or sure, and I don't mean it in a critical or callous way.  Take it in the honest spirit it was meant--the anger and upset on this forum has been going on long enough. It's not good to harbor those feelings for long.  But, with petitions of boycott, and post after post after post of this, and FACEBOOK ambushes, this lamenting over Mishal has got to stop.  He's NOT DEAD!  And for now, neither is Dutta.  Otherwise they would have shown his body already.

Mishal was NOT fired, he CHOSE to leave the character and the show.  I am fairly certain Hemal and the thers are well aware of their conundrum...it's not rocket science.  They lost the star of their show, and they DAMN WELL KNOW IT.  They are NOT stupid.  Further, they are well aware of our feelings...so why focus on the same thing?  They will do what they need to do with the show, based on COLORS input, and to some degree, the fans. 

There is some wisdom to not beating a dead horse.  The decisions are being made by the producers, and our telling them end the show or I will stop watching, isn't really all that persuasive.  The show will die a natural death--people will stop watching this show naturally--because without Dutta, the thrust of the show is gone, and everything else including Nakusha is hollow.

Please don't be mad at me for saying this.  I honestly find it sad that all the good times and insights/friendly debates are becoming overshadowed by this.  That's all.  LTL was a wonderful thing while it lasted, and we shouldn't hold onto something that is on its own path.

Edited by gp00 - 07 January 2011 at 8:50am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

KavitaDRdramagoEcliPSe_2010

Pyari_Zahra IF-Rockerz
Pyari_Zahra
Pyari_Zahra

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 9:08am | IP Logged
If members choose to boycott, or watch- it's up to them, why are others getting so riled up about it?! Just do what you want, the good memories of LTL will forever be cherished in our hearts!

I just want to say one thing: Umeed Pe Duniya Kayam Hai!! Maybe our efforts bring results, you never know! x

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Crystal29gp00ImmaculateDream-Huma-MrsKhan

gp00 IF-Dazzler
gp00
gp00

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 11:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Pyari_Zahra

If members choose to boycott, or watch- it's up to them, why are others getting so riled up about it?! Just do what you want, the good memories of LTL will forever be cherished in our hearts!

I just want to say one thing: Umeed Pe Duniya Kayam Hai!! Maybe our efforts bring results, you never know! x
Hi,
I'm not riled up (and I didn't think the tone of my little response was riled up),--of course, people can do what they want--watch, not watch.   It was just a response that I put in -- whether people want to read it or not, heed it or not, is their prerogative.  

And I do hope the petition makes a difference.  And you are right, it may.  It's not the petition per se, which I think is a good idea from Anu, but as I mentioned in my response above, all the posts in combination with the siege on Hemal and others' Facebook, and other vehicles of protest are a bit much. It's overkill--my opinion only. 

I believe that we have already expressed our solid opinion--that this show is nothing without Mishal.  I mean, when we threaten them to have a happily ever after ending with Dutta or boycott, we are assuming that Mishal plays along.  Because even if the producers want that, it depends on Mishal.  Let's be fair--send a petition to Mishal. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

KavitaDRDancingdoll

KavitaDR Senior Member
KavitaDR
KavitaDR

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 11:25am | IP Logged
@gp00
This is going to make me PERSONA NON GRATA or sure, and I don't mean it in a critical or callous way.  Take it in the honest spirit it was meant--the anger and upset on this forum has been going on long enough. It's not good to harbor those feelings for long.  But, with petitions of boycott, and post after post after post of this, and FACEBOOK ambushes, this lamenting over Mishal has got to stop.  He's NOT DEAD!  And for now, neither is Dutta.  Otherwise they would have shown his body already.

Mishal was NOT fired, he CHOSE to leave the character and the show.  I am fairly certain Hemal and the thers are well aware of their conundrum...it's not rocket science.  They lost the star of their show, and they DAMN WELL KNOW IT.  They are NOT stupid.  Further, they are well aware of our feelings...so why focus on the same thing?  They will do what they need to do with the show, based on COLORS input, and to some degree, the fans. 

There is some wisdom to not beating a dead horse.  The decisions are being made by the producers, and our telling them end the show or I will stop watching, isn't really all that persuasive.  The show will die a natural death--people will stop watching this show naturally--because without Dutta, the thrust of the show is gone, and everything else including Nakusha is hollow.

Please don't be mad at me for saying this.  I honestly find it sad that all the good times and insights/friendly debates are becoming overshadowed by this.  That's all.  LTL was a wonderful thing while it lasted, and we shouldn't hold onto something that is on its own path.
[/QUOTE]

Hi Parul,

I am happy to see you back, believe me, I have missed your input. It saddens me to shout vindication in the face of everything happening to LTL today. You may recall, that I took quite a bit of flak as recently as December when I mentioned that the show had lost its orientation and it may very well have been too late by then to salvage anything if at all possible.  

I will take the liberty of assuming that MR realises that he is the key to the conundrum today but will probably stick to his guns for purely professional reasons. I feel that there is a shelf time for all those who want to have a go at Bollywood which still does not have enough options to accommodate the horde of "talents" trying their luck everyday. And should he have got that once in a lifetime opporunity to do something that might just pay off or even shifting to another PH with the ooportunities to have some form of creative input, he will not let go of that one chance. And we have to respect him for that.

As to Colors, I have my reservations for this channel as the whole premise upon which it started to pursue a social agenda relevant to the realities of different aspects of life in India, does smack of some level of hypocrisy whenever, I find some energy to skip through the different offerings. Regressive, arbitrary in many case, I find some of the shows frankly shocking and I wonder how people are still glued to them. It could very well be that the target audience is different from other channels such as Star Plus or Star One for instance and hence the fact that LTL, despite its difference has never been their main priority. An actor worth his salt, should in such cases, definitely seek greener pastures.

Whatever be the case or the issue, i hope that LTL is given a proper closure and if it does continue, then it is up to us to make the choice closest to our sensibilities.

BTW, do spare a few minutes on my thread if you have got some time, it will be the last in my Deconstruction chronology. I would love to have you comment on it. Smile

Edited by KavitaDR - 07 January 2011 at 6:38pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

dramagogp00-Carrie-

Pyari_Zahra IF-Rockerz
Pyari_Zahra
Pyari_Zahra

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 11:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by gp00

Originally posted by Pyari_Zahra

Hi,
I'm not riled up (and I didn't think the tone of my little response was riled up),--of course, people can do what they want--watch, not watch.   It was just a response that I put in -- whether people want to read it or not, heed it or not, is their prerogative.  

And I do hope the petition makes a difference.  And you are right, it may.  It's not the petition per se, which I think is a good idea from Anu, but as I mentioned in my response above, all the posts in combination with the siege on Hemal and others' Facebook, and other vehicles of protest are a bit much. It's overkill--my opinion only. 

I believe that we have already expressed our solid opinion--that this show is nothing without Mishal.  I mean, when we threaten them to have a happily ever after ending with Dutta or boycott, we are assuming that Mishal plays along.  Because even if the producers want that, it depends on Mishal.  Let's be fair--send a petition to Mishal. 

I certainly wasn't targetting my post at you, as I know you were being fair with most of your comments, but there are some members who are getting angry and arguing about the futility of our efforts- but anyway, like I said having hope is always helpful in situations like these. Although emailing Hemal and the rest may seem to not yield anything, it's worth a try. We just don't want such a beautiful show to crumble away, which it inevitably will once Mishal leaves- thus we rather have the show end. x

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

gp00

EcliPSe_2010 Goldie
EcliPSe_2010
EcliPSe_2010

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 12:45pm | IP Logged
Clap
Originally posted by gp00

Originally posted by EcliPSe_2010

I would like to wish MR all the best in his next and future endeavors, I hope he does break the nepotism entrenched Bollywood cycle of starsons, relatives, friends, etc.  because it is long overdue that some new talented faces grace the Indian big screen. WE need to hear and see new and different voices who have a new and different story to tell about the human experience rather than have photocopied and frame to frame copy of American films sold as a Bollywood film.

Just as an aside, I have to agree on this point.  It gnaws at me to watch even previews of most  Hindi movies.  Don't get me wrong, there have been some really good ones over the past few years, but in general, they are warped photocopies of American films (which aren't always great themselves), or rather warped interpretations of what is Western, American.  I could have endured copies--which actually might have been better-- but not the mutant forms that many Hindi movies take.  Watching some actor use high-tech, sci-fi Matrix moves against some overweight goonda in a street fight or an overdone dance sequence with pole-dancing-quality moves and "European or Western or Western European" backup dancers just doesn't impress (me anyway).LOL 

I never understood this aspect.  French, Japanese, and other film industries have their own approach, creativity, flavor...but I just don't see that with most Indian films. There have been some exceptions of breakout films, that's for sure.  Hopefully, more will come.

I have no doubt there is an abundance of creativity and talent, but perhaps the mass market and industry are not ready for them.  What can I say--some people really like their mind-numbing, booty-shaking, Kapoor-laden Western-inspired Bollywood movies.LOLLOL  No offense intended.

Absolutely concur with all your points, love the way you write.  Having watched MR in LTL and seen as an actor what he brought to his character, I am actually thrilled to find that there are actors out there in India who are willing to be excellent and not just mediocore.  What he has done with Dutta Bhao's character as an actor is simply astounding to watch on the small screen.  I think there is a huge problem with the nepotism infested Bollywood obsession with hollywood frame to frame photocopy.  What do these films really say??? Nothing!!!  Except have botoxed Western looking models who cannot act but be in the frame as props.  And cast starsons who have nothing to say in life or do except fly to london for shopping etc. but this papa given "job" secures their future shopping trip and designer sunglasses.  Even if their films flop twenty times, its ok beta, I got another one for you.  This is an insult to the craft of acting, and the art of cinema!!  Its a shame!!
I just think that actors like MR who are talented should be given a chance because there is an audience for them. 
I think the issue with Bollywood today (the Indian cinema of Guru Dutt, Satyajit Ray and others during that era is exceptional cinema) is that they have this kuch bhi chalege mentality pretty much the same mentality with the Indian tv industry and all that kind of mentality breeds is complacency, uncreativity and mediocrity.   Its a shame truly because India has so many stories to tell and so much creativity but these stories and creativity will never see their day because of the stifling closed door nepotism mentality.   
Cheers to MR!!!Clap

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

gp00rama_2010DancingdollMrsKhan

Go to top