India-Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Do We Need To Step Back A Bit? (Page 2)

EcliPSe_2010 Goldie
EcliPSe_2010
EcliPSe_2010

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 12:10pm | IP Logged

I started to watch this serial only because of MR and his portrayal of the character of DuttaBhao.  I have no interest in the other characters at all except for Baaji. ( Especially am not at all interested in the lead female protagonist on whom this series is based on).  It was only for MR that I watched this show till the JMM track, then I quit because I as a viewer wanted the FR to happen during the JMM track-storytelling wise it would have made more sense but once I watched the scene where the reflected Fair n lovely N discussion  to reveal her truth, in that scene something was off-, I seriously absolutely lost interest.  However, it was only and only DuttaBhao that kept my interest lingering.  Its suffice to say that certain actors are born to play certain roles, and MR was born to play DuttaBhau. Everything in his portrayal of DuttaBhau, from his subtle gestures, to his sliences, from his movement to his dialogue delivery showed the desperation of this immensely flawed character who had no control over his destiny, his kismet etc. AND bigtime credit should be given to MR for keeping his character consistent throughout, even when his character had dumb things to say and do, he kept his character dignified, and tried to keep true to his performance.  I'd like to Thank him for not making or portraying DuttaBhao in a mediocore way with a kuch bhi chalega mentality, instead as an actor he strived for excellence and his efforts should be commended!!
Its ok for me to have his end come the way it has come. (if this is indeed his end). When one thinks about it, DuttaB was a killer, he was tormented by his demons, characterization wise he will always be haunted by his demons.  Its ok for him to go because in this life he will never find his peace.  I am alright with his end, ( if this is his end).   As a creative actor i am certain MR doesn't want to come to the set to just be a prop piece while his sister and his wife play tug of war over him...???? 
What the producers of this show should not do is go the atrocious dehumanizing Ekta way and have another actor play DuttaBhao.  MR is Dutta!!!! That is true and final!!! AND if they think this story is of Nakusha the apsara,  so let it be, let them deal with which way they want to take this story, because I for one am not interested at all in watching "Nakusha and her story".  I associate LTL with DUTTA (and Baaji), (not Nakusha), I say this because the character of DUTTA  and MR"s portrayal of Dutta has made an impact on me as a viewer.
I think in the beginning the producers had a real good concept and story to tell (the issue of human traffiking, but they sidelined all that, if they had continued on a consistent path to tell their story, now that could have been some intense action packed television there). 
Finally, I would like to wish MR all the best in his next and future endeavors, I hope he does break the nepotism entrenched Bollywood cycle of starsons, relatives, friends, etc.  because it is long overdue that some new talented faces grace the Indian big screen. WE need to hear and see new different and talented voices who have a new and different story to tell about the human experience rather than have photocopied and frame to frame copy of American films sold as a Bollywood film. 

PS:  I'd like to give credit  and say Thank You to the creators of the character of DuttaBhao, and the writer, director, the editor, the sound engineer during that first few months of the show when DUtta was introduced, this was one of the best Indian tv I have seen.  ALso, credit goes to the set designer, the Patil house set is awesome and (not mediocore)!!! 

Edited by EcliPSe_2010 - 07 January 2011 at 12:12pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

gp00divy609-Carrie--bharti-MrsKhan

gp00 IF-Dazzler
gp00
gp00

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 1:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by EcliPSe_2010

I would like to wish MR all the best in his next and future endeavors, I hope he does break the nepotism entrenched Bollywood cycle of starsons, relatives, friends, etc.  because it is long overdue that some new talented faces grace the Indian big screen. WE need to hear and see new and different voices who have a new and different story to tell about the human experience rather than have photocopied and frame to frame copy of American films sold as a Bollywood film.

Just as an aside, I have to agree on this point.  It gnaws at me to watch even previews of most  Hindi movies.  Don't get me wrong, there have been some really good ones over the past few years, but in general, they are warped photocopies of American films (which aren't always great themselves), or rather warped interpretations of what is Western, American.  I could have endured copies--which actually might have been better-- but not the mutant forms that many Hindi movies take.  Watching some actor use high-tech, sci-fi Matrix moves against some overweight goonda in a street fight or an overdone dance sequence with pole-dancing-quality moves and "European or Western or Western European" backup dancers just doesn't impress (me anyway).LOL 

I never understood this aspect.  French, Japanese, and other film industries have their own approach, creativity, flavor...but I just don't see that with most Indian films. There have been some exceptions of breakout films, that's for sure.  Hopefully, more will come.

I have no doubt there is an abundance of creativity and talent, but perhaps the mass market and industry are not ready for them.  What can I say--some people really like their mind-numbing, booty-shaking, Kapoor-laden Western-inspired Bollywood movies.LOLLOL  No offense intended.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

EcliPSe_2010fuzzyface-Carrie-

-Srushti- IF-Veteran Member
-Srushti-
-Srushti-

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 10:10pm | IP Logged
hey gp.... I always love your practical postsBig smile
And yes.... MR defines the Character of Dutta and Dutta provides the oxygen for LTL and LTL would lose charm without the actor...but then can we hogtie MR to the show?LOL he will also be sad to leave something to which he has given so much and poured in life to the character....
He also must have faced a lot of dilemna before taking the step.... he is leaving is safe haven and entering an unknown territory...a risk he knows if goes wrong would make him ...pardon my language..dhobi ka dog....na ghar ka na ghaat kaWinkLOL....but he has made this decision and we assume that he has taken into consideration of all the pros and cons and that he still has decided to go for greener pastures and we have to suffer his absence from LTL...
Now .... LTL... i think I would be happy if the creators for once follow KEKTA....no..no.. before i get all the chappals...I am making it clear that I am talking about KMH...they ended KMH happily and with the same couple made KMH2... with the same couple (though the actors are also same in KMH2 and that might not be possible with LTL) but the chemistry is still wonderful... infact i am finding KMH 2 better in dialogues and acting than KMH.... because ultimately D&N 's lovestory is something so unique that it needs to be archived....and with the advent of another dutta, I dont think it will be so difficult for the audience to attach themselves to ltl with the same loyalty... the innocence the purity the chemistry the expressions.....i personally think if they just dont want to make the run of the mill show they need to start it afresh.... and with ltl2 the producers are gonna get high trps from the first epi because of the curiousityBig smile....

Edited by msthula - 06 January 2011 at 10:11pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

gp00-Carrie-

--Saaki-- IF-Dazzler
--Saaki--
--Saaki--

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 10:29pm | IP Logged
Parul...........You said it all.............

I too am not gonna say "Mishal should stay"............

He has got his goals which he has set even before he was "Dutta" & came into limelight

Character "Dutta" has given him wanted popularity & wants to try his hand in bollywood......I think we should support him as fans.....
I was actually very angry about Mishal when this news came to me which was confirmed "true" later by Sara.......But,then I thought ki I am no one to stop Mishal & say just dont leave LTL........
As his life ,his goals & his career is much more to him than a "Character"........
Standing in his position I understood.......What he was doing was rt in his POV...........He cant stick to one "Character" & do nothing about his dream of getting into Bollywood.......& see it collapse in-front of him just because he is in deal with LTL or PH................

But,I dont see any hope & scope for LTL if Mishal leavesat this stage as well........
Replacing Dutta...........Not gonna work.Its like Dutta=Mishal.Cant see anyone else as Dutta..........

Other Lover for Nakku..........Not acceptable.TaSha are "Eternal" in our view & they can remain so only if their LS end revolving around just Dutta & Nakku..............

Run the show without Dutta.........I would say yes for this with half hearted as I have this soft-corner for Mahi always........But,dont think that would do any good to Mahi as well........If it gets her down then better they(PH) dont do this..............

So,End The Show..........Is the only option opt to avoid more havoc to our "Eternal TaSha LS"..............

Edited by --Saaki-- - 06 January 2011 at 10:31pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

gp00

sadiltl Senior Member
sadiltl
sadiltl

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 10:39pm | IP Logged
Hi,

I am a new member in the forum. But I used to visit the forum so frequently and read the exciting stuff here.

I have been going through all the rona-dhona posts for a couple of days and REALLY DISGUSTED yaar Angry

chill gals!!! we have got no confirmation about MR leaving the show. all these are just the speculations which might be false after all. And we all know that MR has rubbished rumours couple of weeks back confirming his commitment to the show Clap. I dont think he is so fickle to change his decision within a months time.

In an other angle, we can see that the serial also has all possibilities of getting ended Smile. so I STRONGLY think that either the show will end and MR might take other tasks OR OR OR MR is after all not going to leave the show abruptly. This is such an amazing story that no one in their senses would leave and go Smile

So what i request my fellow LTLians is that let us chill and look forward for the amazing episodes from next week where we can see our beloved MR as dutta Embarrassed
-Carrie- IF-Rockerz
-Carrie-
-Carrie-

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 10:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sadiltl

Hi,

I have been going through all the rona-dhona posts for a couple of days and REALLY DISGUSTED yaar Angry

Why would you be "REALLY DISGUSTED" at what is genuine & heart wrenching emotions expressed by the beloved forum members? I'm pretty certain, that as in my case, this is the only place they can truly say it out loud what they feel about Dutta,LTL and Mishal. The outside world is not so symphathetic,caring & indulgent as our forum.I for one am always trying to reach out to ppl here looking for solace & comfort which I'm happy to say I receive in abundance.Thank u,GalsHug

But thanks for being so positive & lets hope for the best.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

LaTuLasasha_1gp00--Saaki--Dancingdoll

sadiltl Senior Member
sadiltl
sadiltl

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 10:59pm | IP Logged
@zuby,

sorry yaar if i offended somebody. Ofcourse I am not disgusted about any member but on the negativity being spread yaar. I myself will not belive this MR leaving thingy unless some official confirmation Smile. I am happy that way.

but yes if MR is indeed leaving the show, then i would suggest CVs to close the show with TaSha reunion and happily lived after.. tag Embarrassed

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

LaTuLasasha_1gp00kadduu-Carrie-Dancingdoll

shruti10august Senior Member
shruti10august
shruti10august

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 11:24pm | IP Logged
agreed. But maybe our these efforts motivate producers nd they doubled their efforts of persuading mishal.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

gp00

Go to top