India-Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Do We Need To Step Back A Bit?

gp00 IF-Dazzler
gp00
gp00

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 10:50am | IP Logged
Let me start off by saying thanks to Anu for putting together a vehicle, in this case the petition, to express the fans' perspective and wishes.  It is good for the people behind the show to know what the fans feel. 

I look at  LTL as an imperfect and unfinished story.  It was sooo promising, so close to perfect with the advent of Dutta and the evolving relationship between him and Naku, as well the relationship Dutta had with himself.  Dutta was a brilliant character, brilliantly acted by Mishal.
So much potential....

I've always felt Naku was the sugar and Dutta the spice in the show.  More to the point, Dutta is what made the show reach its heights--not Naku, not Baji, not Kala....I don't mean to say noone else deserves the credit for the show's success, but I think there is truth to the fact that Dutta is the Sun and the rest are the revolving planets. All are needed to have that balance, that perfection, but everything revolves around the Sun.

Having said this, I'd like to say a couple of things regarding our fan reaction.  This is a show. Period.  I loved it -- alot--for many months until, of course, someone--clearly lacking in creative and every other way-- got it into their half-baked brain that the story needed to be played with--destroying the very balance and authenticity the show had.  AngryAngryAngry

*VB Note*: I understand that we're upset - all of us.. Ouch But please refrain from using profane language even if we do try to "censor" it a bit.. Embarrassed

But the fact remains that while we should be upset with the prospect of losing Dutta, we cannot expect or ask Mishal change his mind.  Why?  Because Mishal would NOT do it.  He may feel bad about having disappointed fans, but he's got a goal in mind:  to succeed.  The character of Dutta got him the recognition and accolades he needs to make the move to Bollywood.  Whether he succeeds or not is something only time will tell.  But since I love making unfounded  and utterly useless predictionsLOL, I'd say if he chooses the right roles, he will be a well-regarded character actor.  But he will NOT be Shah Rukh or Ranbir or BIG in that sort of way. Nonetheless, I hope him every success because he will earn them with his talents and efforts.  Clearly he can't exploit blood relationships, like Ranbir and the other 100 Kapoors that pop up every few years.  Is acting really their (Kapoor) blood, or do they suck at everything else? Just a question--don't mean to insult Kapoor clan fans.

I hope you will forgive me in saying this: Mishal is gone, done.  As sad as it is to see such a talent leave this beautiful role and story, it's not worth getting too depressed or emotional over.   Let's get the message out there (as with the petition) that we want the show to conclude, whenever that is, with an appropriate ending for Dutta and Naku---together and NOT DEAD, happily ever after.  BUT let's not beat a dead horse by facebooking Hemal and the others.  They are powerless in this.  It is Mishal's decision.   He's an actor--acting is his job.  When he gets a better job, he's going to take it.  Wouldn't we all do the same in our own lives?

I hope the producers work hard to get Mishal back for a fitting conclusion to the show. Now,  whether Mishal comes back -- well that's Mishal's choice.

Edited by -Fivr- - 06 January 2011 at 11:32am

The following 25 member(s) liked the above post:

Chinu2004Avocado.Girlbookworm2vahgarnightoffullmoonLaTuLarayjstshruti10augustKavitaDRsasha_1EcliPSe_2010AbhiAnimnx12--Saaki--mozart66left_forevermissmalika-Carrie-Pyari_ZahraMelodiousDreams.scorpio10-bharti-mIsHeZ.xPrinsesse.Suvimeghaparti

-Carrie- IF-Rockerz
-Carrie-
-Carrie-

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 11:07am | IP Logged
Very well said,ParulClap

Me too work for one of the Big Four Audit firms where i put in 10 hrs and don't get paid as a I'm a CA Trainee. But I'm fairly good at my job, get praised now & then & score decently during annual markings for my performance. My folks pray that once I clear my finals I should get a permanent job in this company but I can't wait to get out of here.Coz its not what I want to do all my life.Its my profession to map out the way I want it. So I perfectly understand where he's coming from.Whatever MR does all the very best to him & I'll remember him in all my prayers.

But my one & only heartfelt request is that don't kill D & let him leave a widow behind with the burden of all his unresolved conflicts.And let some under cover cop come & clean up his mess & take charge of his wife.That would be so unforgivable.He is a legendary hero of Patilwadi.He should be the one to vanquish all his enemies & emerge a winner. Its his mess to clean up which he will if CVs don't get to him first.he suffered & suffered all his life & now if he dies so pitifully we feel so cheated.He should be the one to punish Kalawati for brutally murdering his father & never giving the old man a chance at redemption & robbing D of his only chance to spent a few last days with his sick father. Its all we ask for as viewers.

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

Fatima82rayjstKavitaDRnightoffullmoonLaTuLasasha_1gp00mozart66-bharti-MelodiousDreamsivy_11DancingdollMrsKhan

nightoffullmoon Senior Member
nightoffullmoon
nightoffullmoon

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 11:16am | IP Logged

I think, we, as Fans and viewers have the ultimate weapon in our hands: The Remote!

We can switch off or switch over, when things don't go the way we want.

I have begun telling my brain and my heart to detach.

There was a time when I would first watch the serial and then attended to everything and everyone else.

But the show is getting so tiresome. So, I take my dogs for walks.

And I am developing a new area of interest: VampiresWink

Yeah, I know what you're thinking!  Rat abandoning the sinking shipTongue 

Hey Zuby, good luck to you. Hope you clear your finals this May, get a job that takes you around the world, see people, cultures and all the works Tongue 

Edited by nightoffullmoon - 06 January 2011 at 11:20am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

KavitaDRsasha_1EcliPSe_2010gp00missmalika-Carrie--bharti-

MelodiousDreams IF-Rockerz
MelodiousDreams
MelodiousDreams

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 11:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by gp00

Let's get the message out there (as with the petition) that we want the show to conclude, whenever that is, with an appropriate ending for Dutta and Naku---together and NOT DEAD, happily ever after.  

@bold: This is all I want to see...A reunion with Dutta and Naku finally finding happiness in being together after all that they have been through. They deserve some peace after all the  turmoil.

I think this is the most important message we need to convey. If the producers can work something out so that Mishal can come back at the show's end, even if only for an episode or two, I'd be willing to wait.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Fatima82KavitaDRsasha_1gp00-Carrie-

nightoffullmoon Senior Member
nightoffullmoon
nightoffullmoon

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 11:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by PaNa4ever

Let's get the message out there (as with the petition) that we want the show to conclude, whenever that is, with an appropriate ending for Dutta and Naku---together and NOT DEAD, happily ever after.  

@bold: This is all I want to see...A reunion with Dutta and Naku finally finding happiness in being together after all that they have been through. They deserve some peace after all the  turmoil.

I think this is the most important message we need to convey. If the producers can work something out so that Mishal can come back at the show's end, even if only for an episode or two, I'd be willing to wait.

Yes, Dutta and Nakku together, and Patil Nivas consigned to flames lit by Kalavati, who gets consumed by the very flames.

That house has bad Vaastu. That would be a befitting end.

They can take Bappa's Idol (unscathed) and build a new house.Big smile

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

LaTuLashipssasha_1gp00MelodiousDreams-Carrie--bharti-

-Carrie- IF-Rockerz
-Carrie-
-Carrie-

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 11:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nightoffullmoon

I think, we, as Fans and viewers have the ultimate weapon in our hands: The Remote!

We can switch off or switch over, when things don't go the way we want.

I have begun telling my brain and my heart to detach.

There was a time when I would first watch the serial and then attended to everything and everyone else.

But the show is getting so tiresome. So, I take my dogs for walks.

And I am developing a new area of interest: VampiresWink

Yeah, I know what you're thinking!  Rat abandoning the sinking shipTongue 

Hey Zuby, good luck to you. Hope you clear your finals this May, get a job that takes you around the world, see people, cultures and all the works Tongue 

Thanks so much,Yamini but finals attempt will be in Nov thank GodLOL

@Red: Me too taking baby steps in living life without D.I didn't watch the episode today.Wont till he comes back.Cry

@ blue: Damon to the rescue,huh,Yamini?LOLLOLLOL Badhiyaa hai! Lage raho!LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

KavitaDRsasha_1gp00

Chinu2004 Senior Member
Chinu2004
Chinu2004

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 11:30am | IP Logged
Well said Parul....
I loved the story for its uniqueness and Dutta was ofcourse one of the most important factors...I hope I really hope that this story finishes well because I would love to revisit it on you tube specially the reunion....If it doesnt, then it would leave a bad taste in the mouth......And as far as Mishal is concerned...he may have a great offer and do great things in Bollywood but he does a responsibility towards his character too..he needs to be there atleast at the end.....i would hate to see him dead like this or even some one else take his place!!!! not a good idea at all

Let me start off by saying thanks to Anu for putting together a vehicle, in this case the petition, to express the fans' perspective and wishes.  It is good for the people behind the show to know what the fans feel. 

I look at  LTL as an imperfect and unfinished story.  It was sooo promising, so close to perfect with the advent of Dutta and the evolving relationship between him and Naku, as well the relationship Dutta had with himself.  Dutta was a brilliant character, brilliantly acted by Mishal.
So much potential....

I've always felt Naku was the sugar and Dutta the spice in the show.  More to the point, Dutta is what made the show reach its heights--not Naku, not Baji, not Kala....I don't mean to say noone else deserves the credit for the show's success, but I think there is truth to the fact that Dutta is the Sun and the rest are the revolving planets. All are needed to have that balance, that perfection, but everything revolves around the Sun.

Having said this, I'd like to say a couple of things regarding our fan reaction.  This is a show. Period.  I loved it -- alot--for many months until, of course, someone--clearly lacking in creative and every other way-- got it into their half-baked brain that the story needed to be played with--destroying the very balance and authenticity the show had.  AngryAngryAngry

But the fact remains that while we should be upset with the prospect of losing Dutta, we cannot expect or ask Mishal change his mind.  Why?  Because Mishal would NOT do it.  He may feel bad about having disappointed fans, but he's got a goal in mind:  to succeed.  The character of Dutta got him the recognition and accolades he needs to make the move to Bollywood.  Whether he succeeds or not is something only time will tell.  But since I love making unfounded  and utterly useless predictionsLOL, I'd say if he chooses the right roles, he will be a well-regarded character actor.  But he will NOT be Shah Rukh or Ranbir or BIG in that sort of way. Nonetheless, I hope him every success because he will earn them with his talents and efforts.  Clearly he can't exploit blood relationships, like Ranbir and the other 100 Kapoors that pop up every few years.  Is acting really their (Kapoor) blood, or do they suck at everything else? Just a question--don't mean to insult Kapoor clan fans.

I hope you will forgive me in saying this: Mishal is gone, done.  As sad as it is to see such a talent leave this beautiful role and story, it's not worth getting too depressed or emotional over.   Let's get the message out there (as with the petition) that we want the show to conclude, whenever that is, with an appropriate ending for Dutta and Naku---together and NOT DEAD, happily ever after.  BUT let's not beat a dead horse by facebooking Hemal and the others.  They are powerless in this.  It is Mishal's decision.   He's an actor--acting is his job.  When he gets a better job, he's going to take it.  Wouldn't we all do the same in our own lives?

I hope the producers work hard to get Mishal back for a fitting conclusion to the show. Now,  whether Mishal comes back -- well that's Mishal's choice.

Edited by -Fivr- - 06 January 2011 at 11:33am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Fatima82KavitaDRgp00

rayjst Senior Member
rayjst
rayjst

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 11:44am | IP Logged
Well said, nd very logical tooClapClapClap......Glad we all came to know about his exit 2 months in advance, atleast that way it won't be like he exited out of the blue.... Hope they end the show, because as u pointed out, he was the central character around which everything revolved nd without him that special magic will be lost....Today's episode was fine because eventhough he wasn't physically shown, the viewers knew that he is still alive nd very much part of the show, but come Feb end and when he no longer continues to be, it would be a scarred version of the original nd I don't want that............Nd I mailed everyone saying if der was some 4 month extension or so possible for MR so the story ends well then do that nd if not then end the show by Feb end...........

Edited by rayjst - 06 January 2011 at 11:56am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

KavitaDRgp00MelodiousDreams-Carrie--bharti-

Go to top