Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

does marriage of an actress change your outlook? (Page 5)

koolchick IF-Rockerz

Requested Self ban

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 10:49am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

NuktaacheenU-No-Poo

U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 10:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Star_No_1

I think it's got more to do with age rather than marriage.

I'm sure if ANushka, Deepika, Sonam, Katrina all get married in the next 12months, it would not affect their careers. But the reason why actresses seem to have "changed" after marriage is usually because they have aged, and Bollywood does not treat them well, once they hit 33. rani is 32 and she's abusing like a firecracker in NOKJ. vidya has crossed the '30' mark too. kareena is 30. does that stop them from taking up challenging, or let's say, limitless characters that demand 0 constraints?

But to answer the first post about seeing Kajol and Aish doing their pre-marriage dance numbers such as "Mere Khwabon Mein"(1995) or "Krazy Kiya Re" (2006),

Let me remind you of "Des Rangeela" (Kajol, Fanaa, 2006) and "Zor Ka Jhatka" (Aishwarya, Action Replayy, 2010)

I don't remember kajol wearing a mini skirt and a sexy blouse and dancing in the rain in 'des rangeela'? plus it's a patriotic song that is played on 26th jan and 15th august. doesn't compare to mere khwabon mein at all. 'zor ka jhatka' was not designed to capture ash's sensuality, unlike krazy kiya re. in fact it was this fun number that had an ensemble cast goofing around in funny outfits.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

koolchick

U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 10:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by koolchick

I think in Aish's case, the Bachchans made it clear to her that she had to act more "properly" after marriage.
She had that kiss with Hrithik in Dhoom 2 but a week after the movie was out, the kissing scene disappeared! So it's not just the actress, but also the family and their beliefs that she's marrying into

Hehe, the Khans are more liberal while the Bachchans are strictly conservativeLOL

yes, basically there is a certain pressure - it may come from the society or the family/husband, but it does exist and does affect the actresses's decision. she cannot simply do whatever she wishes to do without looking around. 

I remember the controversy about the kiss in dhoom 2. I wouldn't qualify that little awkward moment as a 'kiss' but it was blown up at such a large scale that I had expected some sort of a love making scene or something Confused but it turned out to be nothing. and this happened even before she got married!

koolchick IF-Rockerz

Requested Self ban

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 11:08am | IP Logged

U-No-Poo

U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 11:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by koolchick

I agree...Aish and Hrthik were made to look like a bunch of fools with this "controversy"
No wonder why she steers clear of any "kissing" scenes now

There is pressure of course but the actress must also be willing to give importance to the social rules as well if they want to remain at the top which is sad

That's why I'm rooting for people like Kareena and Priyanka, who I have a feeling, won't care about what others think of them if they get married in "ten plus" years; Kareena especially seems to be the type to go against old traditions and formulate new ones instead

exactly. they can decide to not give a rat's ass about their image and go ahead with an independent decision, but that would also automatically sign the death warrant of their careers. 

I don't see kareena and priyanka sacrificing their choices either, but I still hope they avoid marriage for another 3 or 4 years to avoid any complication LOL
Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 11:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by CZ..

that's what I'm trying to say - the society does come into play. it's not like the actresses's decision isn't affected by another factor other than her own sensibilities. It has a huge impact on the choice they make. they may choose to oppose the general standpoint of the society but that's a struggle of it's own. it's not easy to take a stand knowing that it might result in consequences. 

well for women who waited for their career to bite the dust and then got married, probably believe that marriage is actually the end of it all. that once you're done with your flight and come to a dead end, security becomes the top most priority and what other institution other than marriage can provide security for life?

and that's what i said all along... it's really their own decision... none of them really married in their primes, so whatever happened with their career, was sort of manifestation of their own decisions...!   Tongue

wearing a bikini is not a benchmark to judge the working niche of an actress. I used that example to point out the difference between the pre and post marriage working styles. kajol has been taking up the same kind of roles that require heavy melodrama and ash has been treading very carefully whilst checking that she doesn't step out of her boundary. my question still stays - why the U-turn after marriage? why should a woman subconsciously decide to sacrifice a certain kind of image just because she's married?

why, i don't know... it depends on the woman herself too... it's not exactly that they are following any conservative norms of the society before their marriage, is it... they do bold scenes and pretty much everything that comes with the territory... i wasn't being specific about a bikini scene either... TongueTongue

kajol's point, as i mentioned earlier... she shoots at her own convenience... so really, she herself is limiting her choices... that would happen with the case of actors as well... some would sign them, who are willing to compromise with these restrictions, but most of the others would just sign someone else... plenty of choices to choose from... ek jaaye ga, to doosra aaye ga...!

why just in bollywood, it happens in real life... if you keep taking days off to look after your kids and slack off your work, i gaurantee you will be getting served with a letter of termination...!   Wink  

Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 11:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by CZ..

Originally posted by Star_No_1

I think it's got more to do with age rather than marriage.

I'm sure if ANushka, Deepika, Sonam, Katrina all get married in the next 12months, it would not affect their careers. But the reason why actresses seem to have "changed" after marriage is usually because they have aged, and Bollywood does not treat them well, once they hit 33. rani is 32 and she's abusing like a firecracker in NOKJ. vidya has crossed the '30' mark too. kareena is 30. does that stop them from taking up challenging, or let's say, limitless characters that demand 0 constraints?

But to answer the first post about seeing Kajol and Aish doing their pre-marriage dance numbers such as "Mere Khwabon Mein"(1995) or "Krazy Kiya Re" (2006),

Let me remind you of "Des Rangeela" (Kajol, Fanaa, 2006) and "Zor Ka Jhatka" (Aishwarya, Action Replayy, 2010)

I don't remember kajol wearing a mini skirt and a sexy blouse and dancing in the rain in 'des rangeela'? plus it's a patriotic song that is played on 26th jan and 15th august. doesn't compare to mere khwabon mein at all. 'zor ka jhatka' was not designed to capture ash's sensuality, unlike krazy kiya re. in fact it was this fun number that had an ensemble cast goofing around in funny outfits.

again, rani still suits the roles... she has maintained herself... and plenty of actors with whom she can be paired with still... but then again, her days would be numbered with the coming of the new actors and actresses... that is a fact...  how many roles could she possibly do with actors who look like babies...?  Confused   you have to suit the part...!   reasonable difference is okay..!

madhuri is the most fantastic dancers we have (this is my personal view; others don't need to agree), but would she make shiela ki jawani as much of a hit as katrina...?   i doubt it... again, madhuri is my favourite and i don't mean to say this as a disrespect or anything, but i'm being realistic...!   Tongue
eraser IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 1:37pm | IP Logged

U-No-Poo

Go to top