Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

does marriage of an actress change your outlook? (Page 3)

ibelieveinpink IF-Stunnerz
ibelieveinpink
ibelieveinpink

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 8:07am | IP Logged
Great topic!!

I think on some cases it does and others it doesn't! I think it depends on the kind of woman...whether she's career-driven or whether she wants to be a home-maker!!!

In Aishu's case, she was super successful and married a man who isn't at the same level of stardom and success as she is, but there's no ego clashes involved so he's okay with it! And yeah, she idn't getting film offers b/c she's a Bachchan....reportedly, before marriage she used to be offered 15 roles a day....that is a lot so if she's offered roles today...the main reason isn't because she's Aishwarya Rai BACHCHAN but b/c she's AISHWARYA RAI bachchan!!!

I think ppl that disliked her in the industry kind of backed off a bit b/c she's a Bachchan....of kind of animosity towards her kind of ended and ppl are less likely to bad-mouth her or say anything against her b/c now she's a Bachchan! The audience still treats her the same..if the film is bad then they don't watch and if it's good they do watch it...even though she's married!!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ShadowKissesNuktaacheen-Mmmmm-

-Mmmmm- IF-Veteran Member
-Mmmmm-
-Mmmmm-

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 8:07am | IP Logged

@ Nuktaacheen... Chalo... good... We disagree on something atleast.... Otherwise most of the times we seem to have the same opinions.... Smile 

My point is they keep pushing their marriage... atleast the majority of them.. until things start going down hill for them... I feel it again has to do with the perception of the people and how their view point changes...

Definitely agree on the taking a break which you mentioned... See that is one more thing which worked in Ash's favor... She worked thru her marriage even after... so that way it was not a case of out sight out of mind....

Thats the same reason I dont want people like Karishma to make a comeback... I agree she looks fab then what she looked before.... But the audience has moved on to the younger ones....

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nuktaacheen

Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 8:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by maddy1973

@ Nuktaacheen... Chalo... good... We disagree on something atleast.... Otherwise most of the times we seem to have the same opinions.... Smile 

My point is they keep pushing their marriage... atleast the majority of them.. until things start going down hill for them... I feel it again has to do with the perception of the people and how their view point changes...

Definitely agree on the taking a break which you mentioned... See that is one more thing which worked in Ash's favor... She worked thru her marriage even after... so that way it was not a case of out sight out of mind....

Thats the same reason I dont want people like Karishma to make a comeback... I agree she looks fab then what she looked before.... But the audience has moved on to the younger ones....

LOLLOL  i know eh, finally...!   but see, you said it yourself... they keep pushing marriage till things start going downhill for them... Wink   but see, that's the thing... perception is one thing... i would have thought the same... but has any of their career been impeded because of marriage...?  if yes, then i'd agree... otherwise, it's only a perception naa...!   Big smile

and of course, there are far more talented people than karishma... there isn't any role that others can't do that she can... we have newer faces who have already established themselves as good or better actresses... or if not better, than at least on par... personally, i find many others better than her, but that's another story...!   EmbarrassedBig smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Mmmmm--PoisonIvy-

-Mmmmm- IF-Veteran Member
-Mmmmm-
-Mmmmm-

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 8:23am | IP Logged

Yep... Perception... is the key... Smile 

Nuktaacheen

U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 9:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nuktaacheen

i like your topic, considering, ahem, recent ummm, developments...!   WinkLOLLOL what were those? Tongue LOL

on to the post...!

let's see... no, i don't think it changes anyone's outlook to be honest... to be honest, how many actresses marry at the prime of their career...??   kajol did... and ash did... but other than that, who did...?   let's analyze, shall we... Wink

madhuri... she is my absolute favourite, but let's face it... when she got married, there were a bunch of new starlets who were also decent actresses (at least, as per the common janta consensus... individual opinions may vary...TongueTongue)... and most of her movies weren't exactly doing that well... she had started to look 'older' than many of the male actors, and there were only a few that she made a good jodi with... and considering the craze about chemistry blah blah and blah, it was not surprising that she did not get good offers... (that's my guess, and i am quite sure i'm right but who knows, eh... Wink)....

manisha koirala... she was touted to be the one who would take over madhuri... but her own attitude ruined her own career... there were rumours about her drug problems and drinking as well... again, not surprising that she went downhill...!

who else... juhi... same with her... she got married when she was no longer getting good offers... so really, it's not as if the situation changed because of their marriage...!   i know it's the general concept, but i don't really agree completely... it probably causes some hinderance, but if the actresses continue to do good work, i don't think things change too much... kajol married at her prime... she was getting good movies, and to this date, she continues to be choosy, by her own choice... and the general audience has not rejected her... and it helps that she does not look too old, so the younger generation can still get their 'chemistry' dose, or whatever that means... i've always found the concept of chemistry to be extremely overrated...!   TongueTongue  because i remember when kismat konnection came out, i absolutely adored vidya with shahid, and i liked the movie... it was fun and light hearted... but of course, there was a whole hullaballo about how vidya looked like an 'aunty', blah blah and blah... but then when dil bole hadippa came out, people were raving about their 'chemistry'... needless to say, the movie flopped because... let's face it, it wasn't the best piece of work...!   and it failed at the box office... while kismat konnection had worked... so to me, it seems that the whole concept of chemistry etc. is mostly amongst the fans and the younger generation (no offense to them) perhaps... however, in general, the audience just want to see a good movie... that's it... and as long as the lead pair are reasonably suited, nobody makes too much of a fuss about it....!!

most actresses limit themselves after marriage, because they wouldn't do certain things... and if it's something that the director/producer (and in some cases, actors) insisit upon, then of course, they would go for someone else...

to me, the situation is not too different from hollywood, as far as the audience is concerned... but it has more to do with the actresses's decision themselves...!

phew... i hope it was a good answer.... Wink   i think there was a debate like that in one of the earlier topics... i remember writing 'theses' for it... LOLLOLLOL  me and sweet coco were debating on it... but i don't remember what the topic actually was about... i do have a tendency to go off topic, or so i have been told...!  LOL

so what I gather from your reply is that you think that it has got more to do with the actresses's decision than the society itself, right? 

koolchick

Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 9:10am | IP Logged

^^  not too much in such simple words, but in essence...!  Wink

audience wants to see a good movie... they don't care whether the actress is involved with another, or is a virgin lotus flower (credit for the words: pragya...) or is married...!!  

of course, you want someone who is suited for the role... if jaya starts dancing around the trees with srk, it would look odd, wouldn't it....  (i'm just using an example)...!   TongueTongue

p.s.  i did write the explanation in detail too... WinkLOLLOLLOL   lekin kuch zyaada hi lamba hai shayad...!   EmbarrassedLOLLOL

Edited by Nuktaacheen - 06 January 2011 at 9:18am
koolchick IF-Rockerz

Requested Self ban

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 9:12am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

radha187ShadowKissesU-No-Pooisomers

U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 9:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nuktaacheen

^^  not too much in such simple words, but in essence...!  Wink

audience wants to see a good movie... they don't care whether the actress is involved with another, or is a virgin lotus flower (credit for the words: pragya...) or is married...!!  

of course, you want someone who is suited for the role... if jaya starts dancing around the trees with srk, it would look odd, wouldn't it....  (i'm just using an example)...!   TongueTongue

but don't you think any individual's decision is affected by the social structure they live in? for example, if X lives in a society where wearing anything other than Indian clothes after marriage is considered as disrespect, then she would consciously decide not to wear something that would lead to lots of eyebrows being raised. however on the flip side, if she lives in a society that is more liberal, then she probably won't fret over her clothes so much. 

like koolchik said, malaika arora khan took a conscious decision not change herself after marriage. that decision certainly calls for a pat on the back but if you bring this up amidst a group of aunties someday, the only response that you'll get is - shaadi ke baad bhi aise kapde pehenti hai. sharam nahi aati kya? pati aur bacche kya sochenge?

of course, that may not be everyone's outlook but her decision certainly hasn't been digested by one and all. she has been judged more than once and still continues to be. doesn't that say anything about the social mentality?

the audience definitely want to see a good film, but if that good film has a married actress donning a bikini and running on the beach then it would ignite more than just a fire. ours being a nation where controversies arise out of thin air, I think that wouldn't go down well at all. 

Edited by CZ.. - 06 January 2011 at 9:28am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

koolchickisomers

Go to top