Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

does marriage of an actress change your outlook? (Page 2)

-Sakina- IF-Sizzlerz
-Sakina-
-Sakina-

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 7:16am | IP Logged
No of course not....if our outlook doesn't change in the  case of actors,then why should it change for actresses?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

glittersNuktaacheen-Mmmmm-

chatpati900 Senior Member
chatpati900
chatpati900

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 7:21am | IP Logged
Nope. As long as the actress doesn't keep harping on about how she's a traditional married woman now and will never ever touch a kissing scene with an 11-foot pole (*gasp*), I don't care at all. In fact, it would be refreshing to see an actress to continue doing the same kind of roles she did before. I think Ash is doing a semi-good job at this (I say semi because her Bachchan Bahu attitude is pretty irritating at times).

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sakura_Nuktaacheenkoolchick-Mmmmm-

Terenaina IF-Stunnerz
Terenaina
Terenaina

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 7:22am | IP Logged

thank u but they broke up so sad news

But you know aish don't care about her weight after marriage that's the only downside...lol  This is coming from her biggest fan
Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 7:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chatpati900

Nope. As long as the actress doesn't keep harping on about how she's a traditional married woman now and will never ever touch a kissing scene with an 11-foot pole (*gasp*), I don't care at all. In fact, it would be refreshing to see an actress to continue doing the same kind of roles she did before. I think Ash is doing a semi-good job at this (I say semi because her Bachchan Bahu attitude is pretty irritating at times).

lmao @ 11 foot pole.... ek foot aur badh gaya hai aaj kal.. earlier, it used to be a 10 foot pole...!   WinkLOLLOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sakura_-Mmmmm-

chatpati900 Senior Member
chatpati900
chatpati900

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 7:27am | IP Logged
^The 11-foot pole is for things you wouldn't touch with a 10-foot pole LOL (line stolen from the card game Munchkin)

Nuktaacheen-Mmmmm-

-Mmmmm- IF-Veteran Member
-Mmmmm-
-Mmmmm-

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 7:47am | IP Logged
Personally... For me it does not change...  But unfortunately I alone do not make up the majority of the indian audience which definitely has a very different view than mine... Smile

Definitely.. It does for the majority of the audience.....It does create a barrier and changes the perception of people...   Otherwise why would the actresses keep pushing their marriage well into their mid 30's or until their career is going down hill...

The majority of the audience is ruthless and very biased to the women in the industry.... Not fair at all but yes that is the bitter truth...

Coming to Kajol and Ash....
Ash is an exception to a certain extent... many factors in her case... Drop dead gorgeous... the aura she carries..... the so called international acclaim, i mean her endorsements and Cannes etc and later on The Bachchan Bahu tag ... they all definitely worked in her favor....

Defintely good to see things have worked in her favor.... Clap 

Coming to Kajol....In the past 10 years.... Whatever has worked in the BO is in the same comfort zone of hers YRF/KJO/SRK.... Out of that comfort zone and her movies have fallen flat....

Anyways... that is how things are in Bollywood.... A 40 + married actor is still a superstar after 20+ years in the industry... can still prance around with the 20+ chicklets..... and the actresses have to go on being discreet abt their personal life and resort to statements like I am single until I am married... Wink

Edit: Great topic... C.Z... I like it... Smile

Edited by maddy1973 - 06 January 2011 at 8:08am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

youknowmeNuktaacheenShadowKissessakura_glitters-PoisonIvy-

Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 7:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by maddy1973

Personally... For me it does not change...  But unfortunately I alone do not make up the majority of the indian audience which definitely has a very different view than mine... Smile

Definitely.. It does for the majority of the audience.....It does create a barrier and changes the perception of people...   Otherwise why would the actresses keep pushing their marriage well into their mid 30's or until their career is going down hill...

The majority of the audience is ruthless and very biased to the women in the industry.... Not fair at all but yes that is the bitter truth...

Coming to Kajol and Ash....
Ash is an exception to a certain extent... many factors in her case... Drop dead gorgeous... the aura she carries..... the so called international acclaim, i mean her endorsements and Cannes etc and later on The Bachchan Bahu tag ... they all definitely worked in her favor....

Defintely good to see things have worked in her favor.... Clap 

Coming to Kajol....In the past 10 years.... Whatever has worked in the BO is in the same comfort zone of hers YRF/KJO/SRK.... Out of that comfort zone and her movies have fallen flat....

Anyways... that is how things are in Bollywood.... A 40 + married actor is still a superstar after 20+ years in the industry... can still prance around with the 20+ chicklets..... and the actresses have to go on being discreet abt their personal life and resort to statements like I am single until I am married... Wink

i want to but i don't really agree... yes, they keep pushing off their marriages, because they themselves put the barriers naa... because maybe their husbands would not want their wives to be hmmmm, 'cosy' with the other actors, or maybe because their in-laws would mind, etc... there are other factors, not necessarily to do with the society at large...!

has any of them done things the same way before and after marriage...?  kajol's example is the same... marriage itself, i don't think changed anything for her... but she made the call to work only in her own comfort zone...!   i think in most cases, taking a break does not work for them too well... because they stop experimenting... and in that time, there are many others to take their place...!  

so really, i would not blame the indian audience in general....!!  

sakura_-Mmmmm-

amz1990 IF-Sizzlerz
amz1990
amz1990

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 7:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Terenaina

thank u but they broke up so sad news

But you know aish don't care about her weight after marriage that's the only downside...lol  This is coming from her biggest fan
I know I can't believe they broke up Cry such an adorable coupleEmbarrassed.
She has gained weight but personally I think she still looks great for her age. I mean she must have botox done and stuff but its not excessive which makes her face still look natural.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Terenaina

Go to top