LAALI suffering from "Split Personality Disorder"! - Page 2

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by zeezee55

hopefully the creatives have done a similar research on split personality disorder...but i seriously doubt it. 

hmmm this is a condition that would have a slow built up (I think) and not a sudden appearance.  I wonder why Laali would have Siddy as her other persona...did she have subconscious guilty feelings about siddy?  i wonder...

Doesn't add up ... Laali has a strong personality, hmmm... i wonder whether dr surbhi (is that her name) could have done some auto-suggestions/hypnotism and then given Laali drugs that causes her emulate what has been suggested to her...

Anyway, the track is becoming interesting again. 

I think it is important to give the other characters more dialogues, it should not be just Laali and Loha or Laali and Shekhar.  Much as i love Laali, i wouldn't want to hear her dialogues only .... its like eating your favourite ice cream at every meal, every day, 365 days a year - you get sick of it... so i hope the creatives would give better dialogues to all the characters and that would make hte show interesting and the ratings will go up.

Actually, I agree with you on all that you have said.  For point No. I, the creatives are sometimes, what you call, dunderheads.  They could so easily go on the Internet and find out all the info - symptoms, the reasons etc about this split personality disorder. 

For point 2, the only thing I can assume is that Dr. Surbhi, (if she is the one who is doing this), has been injecting Laali for several days now.  Plus putting Siddy's jewelry and other stuff in strategic positions so that Laali sees it and knows that it belongs to Siddy. Maybe, all of those put together have triggered off Laali's condition.

And most of all, I agree with you on the last point.  All the characters SHOULD BE GIVEN SUFFICIENT AMOUNT OF CAMERA TIME. They all are important characters, all should be given good dialogs, good action. It is all to do with how well the director is directing the serial as well. He  could easily balance out the characters roles so that all have sufficient time and dialog.  And like you, however how much I like Laali, I don't want her in my face in episode after episode after episode.

Originally posted by telenovelle

Well as usual the Creatives never do their research or explain things clearly
to the audience. They think we all know what they are talking about. As you said not everyone knows about this disorder.
This is also a good opportunity to educate the audience about the disorder. You never know who might be listening or watching because it could help them. 😉

Very True, Telv: Actually, the CVs have written some really great storylines with some really important social issues and great subjects and ideas, but could never explain or  properly communicate  that to their audience.  You end up as a very frustrated viewer, with a feeling that this issue could have been better told. 

That's what I have always said.  The CVs have come up with great storylines but have never been great storytellers.  That is their biggest weakness. They also need to have a research team (with wide general knowledge) working with them to research topics and bring some credibility to their storylines. Plus the fact that their bloopers so many times have spoiled their storylines as well.
I hv quetions Neela regarding this Disorder..as We show Laali behaving..Some time she turns Siddy..after while some stucks & she realize What shes wearing...& not able to figure out whats happening with her..

So person suffering from this Disorder...Is it so Like ..They forgets the behave of his/her one person When it tunrns to other...would she'll able to recall What she did as Siddy' ?

If you know pls tell me..I  m surious to know...

And about AJ i think CV's,writers should be bit intelliget to show other characters reaction on it....If Laali is not able to make out the Trap in Which She is as mental disorder ..People around her should make out..I mean dont they find starnge The kind of person laali is suddennly she started behaveing like this..And no body is bother except be in dilemma ,Shock ,Confusion or rather slap her only for her condition..
Originally posted by -SweetGirl-

I hv quetions Neela regarding this Disorder..as We show Laali behaving..Some time she turns Siddy..after while some stucks & she realize What shes wearing...& not able to figure out whats happening with her..

So person suffering from this Disorder...Is it so Like ..They forgets the behave of his/her one person When it tunrns to other...would she'll able to recall What she did as Siddy' ?

If you know pls tell me..I  m surious to know...

And about AJ i think CV's,writers should be bit intelliget to show other characters reaction on it....If Laali is not able to make out the Trap in Which She is as mental disorder ..People around her should make out..I mean dont they find starnge The kind of person laali is suddennly she started behaveing like this..And no body is bother except be in dilemma ,Shock ,Confusion or rather slap her only for her condition..

I think Laali takes on the persona of Siddy, of what she had seen as Siddy to be like. 

Siddy liked expensive jewelery and clothes, was always beautifully dressed, was very selfish, as well as empty headed.  She also hated to dirty her hands, and did neither cooking or cleaning. 

This is the persona of Siddy that Laali has taken.  The condition probably comes and goes.

The following Wikipedia article explains best about the Split Personality or Multiple Personality Disorder (or Dissociative Personality Disorder).  Check i out:

"Dissociative identity disorder is characterized by the presence of two or more distinct or split identities or personality states that continually have power over the person's behavior.

With dissociative identity disorder, there's also an inability to recall key personal information that is too far-reaching to be explained as mere forgetfulness. With dissociative identity disorder, there are also highly distinct memory variations, which fluctuate with the person's split personality.

The "alters" or different identities have their own age, sex, or race. Each has his or her own postures, gestures, and distinct way of talking. Sometimes the alters are imaginary people; sometimes they are animals. As each personality reveals itself and controls the individuals' behavior and thoughts, it's called "switching." Switching can take seconds to minutes to days. When under hypnosis, the person's different "alters" or identities may be very responsive to the therapist's requests.

Symptoms  may include headache, amnesia, time loss, trances, and "out of body experiences." Some people with dissociative disorders have a tendency toward self-persecution, self-sabotage, and even violence (both self-inflicted and outwardly directed).

As an example, someone with dissociative identity disorder may find themselves doing things they wouldn't normally do such as speeding, reckless driving, or stealing money from their employer or friend, yet they feel they are being compelled to do it. Some describe this feeling as being a passenger in their body rather than the dr

Edited by Neela10 - 13 years ago
Thanks a lot Neela..as alwys you are So Kind..😳I m gone through this Artilcle..seems Like its seroius..& Can Damage person Mentaly too much & destroy her original Identity..Hope as soon as Possible Shekhar find the Fact or consult any Doc Before Lose her Laali to Siddy😭...

BTW can you precict how our Laaliya will recover..I mean i cant expect any logical end of this track ...The was shekhar recovered..OMG😆..I  happy hes well but that was not the way ...So What we can expect this Time...
All I can say about the personality disorder is  "the brain is a powerful thing."