Why DMG is incomplete for me- my take on it

rakheeab thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

When DMG started 3 years back, I did not watch it immediately, I knew it was a sequel to a popular serial  Sanjeevani  . I knew Karan Singh, Pankit, and Muskan from previous serials but did not know Sunaina and Shilpa. One fine day since I had nothing else to do so I ended up watching one of those jungle episodes and I was hooked literally in one episode. Only one episode of this was enough for me to see the amazing and mindblowing chemistry Shilpa and Karan shared. Ofcourse I don't need to say that I became an ardent and regular watcher since that day right till the shocking exit of Shilpa, and what a rude shock it was.

Now here is where I get to my take of why DMG will always remain incomplete for me. DMG is over with a happy ending for Arman Riddhima. Now I keep on watching the older episodes and whenever I get to the point where Shilpa leaves for Chandigarh saying that they cant be together and that's her exit from the show, for me Arman Riddhima Story and DMG remained incomplete over there forever.  I think DMG ended with a story of completely different Arman and Riddhima getting together and that too it seemed a forced union to me (both had been thorugh so much). The Arman Riddhima in the 1st year of the serial and then after Shilpa's exit were just not the same people, they were completely two different set of people for me. It was as if two new characters were introduced and both the characters went from bad to worse specially that of Riddhima. I am sorry but where was the sweet beautiful Riddhima that Dr Arman fell in love with in a jungle, where was the Riddhima who looked away shyly from Dr Arman and said "Arman mera Haat chodo koyi dekh lega", where was the Ritzi who had an incredible bonding with Atul, Sapna, Rahul, Muskan, Dr Shashank, Padma, Nani, Lovley, Anjali and endless other people, where was the Riddhima whose beautiful big eyes emoted each and every emotion so perfectly that she did not need to express it in words at all , where were all those magical , sizzling, passionate, funny moments between Arman and Riddhima ( just think about that Heer Ranjha sequence, and that I luv you on the interns board one, and ofcourse the famous luv confession one and you will know what I mean), All those silly arguments they had ( they only looked good with Shilpa and Karan, Sukruti  looked too docile to have any kind of argument and Jenny looked to mature and serious type to have any silly argument). Just loved them. Where were all those other awesome people like Shubhankar, Kirti, Anjali,Atul,Muskan,Rahul,Nani, Dr Shashank, Padma. These moments were just not there. I have seen Jennifer Winget as Riddhima and also in other of her serials, she is a good actress but she was just not the same,  She was not able to get Riddhima back on track. Shilpa came back as another character in the last months but had she even returned back as Riddhima she also would have found it difficult to get back Riddhima on track though she would have done it eventually since she had literally made Riddhima. The point is the Arman Riddhima were totally different people in later stages of the serial and I just could not think of them as the same people in the first year of the serial.

And then you start realizing what Shilpa Anand had done for the character of Riddhima and how well she had complimented character of Dr Arman and Karan Singh Grover. She was a perfect fit for the role. She had set such high standards for that character for the other two women to follow. Well Sukruti was a complete misfit for the role, Jenny tried very hard and was really good in dramatic and sob scenes better then Shilpa many times but the fact stays that Shilpa was really extraordinary as Riddhima and was and still is undoubtedly the Best Riddhima of all and of course looked the best with Karan Singh Grover. So will the real Dr Arman and Dr Riddhima stand up, as for me DMG will always remain incomplete without a happy ending for them.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MagicalKash thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Nicely written and somewhere I echo your feelings , AR story , the AR I loved is still incomplete and unfortunately the SR I loved was left incomplete too. But don't blame Jen for it . She did her best . It wasn't her fault that ridz character went thro so much degradation!
It's makers fault ! They got messed up big time , BIG time !
DMG had potential , great potential but Ahh you can only cry over spilled milk. Edited by MagicalKash - 13 years ago
Euphoria. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
well first of all, it was really well written but i am afraid i think not everyone would agree with you on this especially because you favoured shilpa over the other two actresses. but i must agree with you. i think shilpa was the best fit for the role of riddhima basically because she was chosen keeping the character in mind. while both sukku and jenni did their best, i simply felt the essence of riddhima was lost each time. i am not saying that they are bad or anything (i think jenni especially is one of the finest actresses in the industry) but it just didn't feel the same. and with the start of season 2, the character of riddhima was completely butchered. in the end, it just did not seem appropriate to have an AR union as the end. that is strictly my POV. others may differ :)
caprigurl thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I would just  say,
Put yourself in a Girl's shoes who loses her life almost,loses her Armaan, thinks he is gone forever, then is abandoned by all hope, then has to marry for nothing but her parents wishes, then sees her love come back and struggles against the fight of her social obligation versus what her heart pains for

Will You be the same Girl after going through so much?
Will An Armaan expect you to be the same?

If you place yourself in the tragic and tough circumstances that Armaan Riddhima went through you will know- Heck THEY CANT be the same
YET They Loved each other more than ever before even after so much anguish

Shilpa played RIdzi in the phase of blossoming love- of course she played it very well
Sukriti  played a Riddhima who knew she belonged to Armaan - no matter what- she played that well too
Jennifer saw through Armaan Riddhima's engagement - a turn where they were so happily contemplating marriage and afterwards and wham life gave them an accident then a shootout and then the long separation and its aftermath to deal with and then the realisation of how AR were still in love however much they tried to move on- And Jen played it awesomely too

Thats the love and positivity I took from the AR- and they stayed the Same People but in different phases of a love story  to me throughout and  I loved them - but of course thats My Take on it :-)

Edited by caprigurl - 13 years ago
Gayatri-Rout thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

A very well written post..👏

Can't agree with you more.....

DMG will remain incomplete for me too....

Though KASU & KAJEN have given their best to DMG but the original Armaan & Ridhima (KASH) is just like the "FIRST LOVE",  can never be compared with anyone...
Love them so much...😊

rakheeab thumbnail
Hey relax guys not blaming Suku or Jenny at all. They are both very good actresses always liked Jenny since her Kasauti days and they did whatever best they could do in the given cicumstances. Its just that I am talking about Riddhima character which for me will always be Shilpa probably beacuse she was playing Riddhima when DMG was at its best before the makers messed it up. Well old actors left then then they got in new people and started story with them then that did not work out so got older actors again and then they had to include them in the story and in this whole process just lost it completely.
Justful,sacrifycing,always trying to do a right thing,loyal,absolutely rightous Riddhima gets married to Sid twice, ones may be out of force but the second time completely on her own will and then goes ahead and has a one night stand with Arman who suddenly is a villain, sorry guys just doesnt work for me. Just cannot imagine Riddhima in the first year of DMG doing that,reminds me of two incidents
1) Riddhima turns away Arman when he comes to her house when she is trying out those short clothes alone in her house and that too when they are so much in love with no one between them, where DMG was absolutely uncomplicated,they could have done any thing, the same one goes and has one night stand with the same guy that too after she has married another person willingfully, just cannot digest that.
2) the ever sacrifying Riddhima takes entire blame of Anjali's mistake and almost gets suspended for it,cnanot see her not sacrifying her love for the step which she has taken of accepting her marriage, well just does not justify her character thats all.

Well we all love DMG and had it been handled a bit more sensitively would have been more happier. Well ofcousre being a diehard KASH fan,it will always be incomplete for me like I posted earlier:) but would have been more happier for Arman Ridhimma if they would have been united in a more well straightforward way :(

falsePromise thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
agree with u......................
ana_kash thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
i agree with you....
dmg ended the same day for me too....never had the same feeeling after shilpa quitted and i stopped watching the show..started watching when shilpa returned,,and then left watching with her 2nd exit.....
SHILPA ANAND is a versatile n evergreen actress she did justice with both the roles...and undoubtedly she was is and will b the best riddhima...
Edited by ana_kash - 13 years ago
-Ms.Muffin- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Lovely post.... 👏

And totally agree with u... 👍🏼
arshcool4ever thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
agreed wiz u complete babe
but yr fav shilpa is z root n cause of everything
it was her idea 2 dump dmg for better project n i dnt blame her since everyone wants more success in life

now concerning shilpa as riddhima me too was a great fan of her but i dnt like her 4 wat she had said about armaan n AR n dmg , i dnt blamed her for that too after dumping dmg ,she hasnt watched dmg how will she knw wat AR stand for dmgians

now suku i didnt like her at first but wiz time i adore her she was cutest riddhima n love her for supporting AR always

jenni did awesome job through when she came storyline was messed up n love her too 4 nt leaving dmg n her fans ,she is very loyal

shilpa is good actor agreed n agreed also that the  two riddhima couldnt meet her level

i think shilpa too will nver be able 2 do as suku did as riddhima actually it was kasu time where AR starts

jennifer as ridz was best according 2 me when she found armaan did not betrayal her ,the last confession n many more,n i dnt think shilpa can do as jenni did  n obviously jenni as ridz would nt behave like 2 yrs ago riddhima ,her  life was messed up she losed her love of her life ,she married someone who she doesnt love at all

for me all riddhima did their best n u should nver expect actor acted same ,every actor has its way of acting
for me AR is dmg n no kash kasu n kajen

am sad dmg was incomplete 4 u
but for me its was complete bcoz AR met in the end

Edited by arshcool4ever - 13 years ago