smiley_lizi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 13 years ago
TOI Article
January 05, 2010

Hold your breath and let your pulse race in excitement. The curtains are about to rise on the Times 50 Most Desirable Men & 50 Most Desirable Women of 2010 ? the most definitive list of desired, beautiful, sexy, successful and popular personalities in India.

The online voting ended on December 31, 2010 on www.itimes.com/polls, and 3.1 lakh votes set the 'DQ' (Desirability Quotient) benchmark; catapulting one star ahead of the other, demoting some past winners. Finally, 50 men and 50 women have made it to the vaunted list. In a country of a billion-plus, just to be among the chosen 50 is reason enough to raise the bubbly.

There are also some surprise entrants this year, like the hot, new sensations: Ranveer Singh and Sonakshi Sinha, Miss Earth Nicole Faria, filmmaker Karan Johar, Siddharth Mallya from the corporate world, and models like Bruna Abdullah,Neha Hinge and Aruna Shields. They are all undoubtedly desirable, yet, some of them will make it to the top, and the rest will proudly stick another feather on their cap for making it to this list. After all, the Times List is the final word, and the race is only getting hotter and tougher, as our last year's (2009) winners Ranbir Kapoor and Katrina Kaif, who topped the list respectively, realised after feeling the heat how much it was worth it. And here are the 50 men and 50 women in alphabetical order ? to watch the suspense unveil, keep watching this space.

50 most desirable men
Aamir Khan
Abhay Deol
Abhishek Bachchan
Aditya Roy Kapur
Ajay Devgn
Ajith
Ali Zafar
Akshay Kumar
Arjan Bajwa
Arjun Rampal
Ashmit Patel
Atif Aslam
Ayaan Ali Khan
Ayushman Khurana
Bobby Deol
Dino Morea
Emraan Hashmi
Farhan Akhtar
Hrithik Roshan
Imran Khan
Irfan Pathan
John Abraham
Karan Johar
Karan Singh Grover
Kunal Kapoor
MS Dhoni
Mahesh Babu
Muzammil Ibrahim
Neil Nitin Mukesh
Prateik Babbar
Rahul Gandhi
Rahul Sharma
Rajeev Khandelwal
Ranbir Kapoor
Ranveer Singh
Rannvijay Singh
Salman Khan
Saif Ali Khan
Shah Rukh Khan
Shahid Kapoor
Sharman Joshi
Siddharth
Siddharth Mallya
Suriya
Vijender Singh
Vikram Kennedy
Vivek Oberoi
Yuvraj Singh
Zaheer Khan
Zayed Khan

50 most desirable women
Aanchal Kumar
Ayesha Thapar
Aishwarya Rai
Ameesha Patel
Amrita Rao
Anjali Lavania
Anushka Sharma
Aruna Shields
Asin
Barbara Mori
Bipasha Basu
Bruna Abdullah
Celina Jaitly
Chitrangda
Singh
Deepika
Padukone
Dia Mirza
Freida Pinto
Genelia D'Souza
Giselle Monteiro
Jacqueline
Fernandez
Kainat Arora
Kangna Ranaut
Kareena Kapoor
Katrina Kaif
Koena Mitra
Lara Dutta
Malaika
Arora Khan
Mallika
Sherawat
Manasvi Mamgai
Nandana Sen
Neha Dhupia
Neha Hinge
Neha Sharma
Nicole Faria
Paravathy
Omanakuttan
Preity Zinta
Priyanka Chopra
Riya Sen
Sameera Reddy
Sherlyn Chopra
Shilpa Shetty
Shriya Saran
Shruti Haasan
Sonakshi Sinha
Sonal Chauhan
Sonam Kapoor
Sushmita Sen
Trisha
Vidya Balan
Yaana Gupta

New Entrants in 2010: Men
Aditya Roy Kapoor
Ajith
Ali Zafar
Ashmit Patel
Atif Aslam
Ayushman Khurana
Karan Johar
Karan Singh Grover
Mahesh Babu
Rahul Sharma
Ranveer Singh
Rannvijay Singh
Siddharth
Mallya
Suriya
Vikram Kennedy
Zaheer Khan
Zayed Khan

New Entrants in 2010: Women
Aanchal Kumar
Ayesha Thapar
Anjali Lavania
Aruna Shields
Bruna Abdullah
Kainat Arora
Koena Mitra
Manasvi Mamgai
Nandana Sen
Neha Hinge
Neha Sharma
Nicole Faria
Paravathy Omanakuttan
Sonakshi Sinha
Trisha
Yaana Gupta

2009 Qualifiers who Dropped Out in 2010
Dev Patel
Konkana Sen Sharma
Harman Baweja
Rani Mukerji
Irrfan Khan
Shahana Goswami
R Madhavan
Gul Panag
Fardeen Khan
Sophie Choudry

Link: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/50-Most-Desirable-2010/articleshow/7222829.cms

TOI Article of winners
January 08, 2010

"India has voted. You have chosen The Times 50 Most Desirable Men & Women of 2010. After weeks of voting online, on www.itimes.com/polls, with more than 3.1 lakh votes, the order has been decided.

And the winners (in correct order of ranking) are: the hotly desirable Hrithik Roshan ? with his Greek God looks ? who sits at the top spot for men; and Katrina Kaif's sway to Sheila that catapulted her to No 1 on the women's list, for a second consecutive year, which has never happened in the past. No surprises really, or were there?

The Men's list has the superb-looking superstar and braveheart of Bollywood, Salman Khan, at No 2 ? a stunning climb-up post Dabbang; he's followed by Ranbir Kapoor (last year's winner) at No 3. Shahid Kapoor makes it to No 4 for his sheer boyish appeal and his bare act in Kaminey, while hunky John (the 2008 winner) comes in at 5. Beating out Shah Rukh (6), Akshay Kumar (7), Arjun Rampal (8), Imran Khan (9) and Saif Ali Khan in the Top 10 slots.
For the Women, the eternally lovely Aishwarya Rai Bachchan beats off hot competition to make it to No 2. Priyanka Chopra is at 3 while Deepika and Kareena follow at 4 and 5 respectively. At 6 is the vivacious and hotly desired Genelia D'Souza, followed by the well-styled Sonam Kapoor (7), Bipasha (8), Kangna (9) and the newly crowned Miss Earth Nicole Faria closing out the Top 10 women.

Not too many surprises in the Top 10s, but the 50 sees some surprise entries. While beauty and power polls could remain unchanged for years, the 'Desired' and the Desirability Quotient (DQ) changes radically. Something like Yana Gupta's 'No Panty' act. Or Ranveer Singh winning hearts with Band Baja Baraat; Sonakshi's sizzle in Dabangg; Malaika's Munni ... holding more sway than even bigger stars who may not have done much in the past year to add to their DQ. Which is why ... await some surprises."

Ranking from 01-50(Men)
as according to TOI article

01 Hrithik Roshan
02 Salman Khan
03 Ranbir Kapoor
04 Shahid Kapoor
05 John Abraham
06 Shah Rukh Khan
07 Akshay Kumar
08 Arjun Rampal
09 Imran Khan
10 Saif Ali Khan
11 Aamir Khan
12 Mahesh Babu
13 Suriya
14 Atif Aslam
15 Mahender Singh Dhoni
16 Rahul Gandhi
17 Vijender Singh
18 Ajith
19 Ali Zafar
20 Abhay Deol
21 Ajay Devgan
22 Siddharth
23 Yuvraj Singh
24 Karan Singh Grover
25 Zaheer Khan
26 Muzammil Ibrahim
27 Farhan Akhtar
28 Rannvijay Singh
29 Ayushman Khurana
30 Dino Morea  
31 Siddharth Mallya
32 Emraan Hashmi
33 Vikram Kennedy
34 Irfan Pathan
35 Neil Nitin Mukesh
36 Rajeev Khandelwal
37 Abhishek Bachchan
38 Kunal Kapoor
39 Zayed Khan
40 Prateik Babbar
41 Ranveer Singh
42 Vivek Oberoi
43 Rahul Sharma
44 Ayaan Ali Khan
45 Bobby Deol
46 Karan Johar
47 Sharman Joshi
48 Aditya Roy Kapur
49 Ashmit Patel
50 Arjan Bajwa

Ranking from 01-50(Women)
as according to TOI article

01 Katrina Kaif
02 Aishwariya Rai Bachchan
03 Priyanka Chopra
04 Deepika Padukone
05 Kareena Kapoor
06 Genelia D'Souza
07 Sonam Kapoor
08 Bipasha Basu
09 Kangana Ranaut
10 Nicloe Faria
11 Asin Thottumkal
12 Sonakshi Sinha
13 Shriya Saran
14 Jacquelin Fernandez
15 Malaika Arora
16 Amrita Rao
17 Barbara Mori
18 Trisha Krishna
19 Preity Zinta
20 Vidya Balan
21 Anushka Sharma
22 Shruti Hasan
23 Chitrangoda Singh
24 Dia Mirza
25 Sushmita Sen
26 Sameera Reddy
27 Shilpa Shetty
28 Lara dutt
29 Bruna Abdullah
30 Mallika Sherawat
31 Neha Sharma
32 Amisha Patel
33 Gisselle Monteiro
34 Yaana Gupta
35 Frieda Pinto
36 Kainaat Arora
37 Paravathy Omnakuttan 
38 Aanchal Kumar
39 Koena Mitra
40 Riya Sen
41 Nandana Sen
42 Ayesha Thapar
43 Sonal Chauhan
44 Neha Hinge
45 Manasvi Mamgai
46 Sherlyn Chopra
47 Anjali Lavania
48 Celina Jaitley
49 Neha Dhupia
50 Aruna Sheilds

Winners Picture

NOTE

I got enough fun in updating the list here. Thanks for accompanying me with this. I usually do not come in this forum. I came here just because Karan Singh Grover is here in the list. I think you all could already understand that. Now that the list is complete I am done here I think. I enjoyed reading your comments and discussions here. And please do not get confused after reading the KSG haters post. The numbers of his haters are few but his fans who love him are too much more than those haters. Because of those fans votes he is here among the most desirable man 2010. His haters can do no harm to him, because his fans prayers are always with him and he is a great actor with great talent. His hard work will never go in vain. Okay, now the list is complete so congratulations to all the fans who voted for their favorites and made them winner. Enjoy.
Edited by laizu - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

smiley_lizi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Glad to see Karan Sigh Grover in the list. He is really worthy to be in the list.

Aamir Khan, John Abraham, Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, Shahid Kapoor, Ranbir Kapoor, Aishwarya Rai, Katrina kaif, Kareena Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra etc. were also expected by me.

Getting more than 3.1 lakh votes makes all of them real star. So, congratulations to all of them.
Edited by laizu - 13 years ago
qwww thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Chalo everyone is on the list and the names are listed in alphabetical order  - all stars happy, more importantly all fans happy.
qwertyfied thumbnail
LOL! That list includes almost all of Bollywood/Tellywood. Seems like some kinda make-everyone-happy list. The rankings would be fun to see, though 😆
pooja_l thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
chalo everyone included, sab khush
ajooni thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Katrina and Salman will win hands down...They rule google..cellphones...print media... sab kuch.

From tweeple who have voted it looks like PC,Bebo,DP,SK will be in top 5
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
there is no way anyone can bash this list...okay for one it's alphabetical so no rank and two....everyone freakin' person is on it!! YIPPEEE...everyone is happy!!! 
MissIffiy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
when will they release the ranking 
ShadowKisses thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Why would people like Celina and Amisha make the list but not Mehr, Jyothsna, Ujjwala, Lakshmi, or Jesse?

I approve of Pratiek and Siddharth being on the list... but KSG, Rahul G. and Zayed are desirable???? Since when?

Anyhow, exclusion of Rahul Khanna makes the list invalid.
So basically, almost everyone is on the list. No specific order either? 

It baffles me how a certain he-who-must-not-be-named from Tellywood made the list, including some other random names as well. Don't know what could be so 'desirable' about them. I don't even know if I should take this list seriously or not. Oh well. 

Also, I wish Rahul Khanna was on the list! IMO, his name should definitely be mentioned.
Edited by indn inn0cence - 13 years ago