Swaggerr

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 5:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Chits1

Originally posted by Bolly*_Crazed

Originally posted by axeion

Originally posted by pawancool

ur postThumbs Down

even ur 'goras' dont call INDIA a third world country anymore..............in fact r lining up 2 work in bollywood nd other jobs......u must hv left d country a long tym backLOL

ACTUALLY I'm born in CANADA... I've been to India like twice...ConfusedSleepy

Doesn't help ur situation my frnd... Why be on a forum called "India-Forums" when u think "India" is a Third world country Confused Why do u even want to associate urself with something like that... 

um sab toh pakka desi hain, and we love being here. We are not ashamed of what we are or what we have... And we know how to respect others too Big smile Irrespective of where we are born or how we are born... Big smile
I dont care what you think. Yes I'm born in Canada and raised and I LOVE it here. Just because I called India a third world country ( Which btw isn't something I'm making up, but is stated in many informative sites by gov't organizing officialiates ) doesnt mean I cant watch a hindi drama or a bollywood movie.

And I' am proud to be a indo-canadian and I dont care what you think or have to say about that. Smile
hmmmmI guessed u are a canadian....that is why in my earlier post I said...foren jaate turant some ppl get the hawa and then talk like firangs and then start calling these indians and those indians where as they are an indian but in canadian avtar.Ouch

I am Indo-Canadian thoo!!! :( I was born in India than moved to Canada but still consider myself as Indian.....Ouch So its for me 2?

sonamd Senior Member
sonamd
sonamd

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 11:20pm | IP Logged
stick 2 the topic....topic starter...great gng! atleast, u have the audacity 2 write n speak truth.....our society is supposed 2 be very cultured...v shld blame the censor board or those ppl who give green signal 2 go ahead with this kind of cheap shows. this is the sole reason why i dnt want my favourites like arjun bijlani or rati pandey 2 be ever part of this show or any reality shows where they have 2 act according 2 script n behave in a manner that we start hating them.  but then at the end of the day its a known thing what kind of celebs agree 2 be a part of this kind of show. i am amazed y sara evr decided 2 do this show...she is a popular celeb but now aftr all these events...my love n respect has gone down 4 her. now when i watch bidaai or her new show sometimes..i dnt idolize her...she is nt that that innocent n sweet as she tries 2 be!!!! and wht shld i say of veena....i guess we all knw what kind of a lady she is....!!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

desi-gal

Bolly*_Crazed IF-Dazzler
Bolly*_Crazed
Bolly*_Crazed

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 11:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sonamd

stick 2 the topic....topic starter...great gng! atleast, u have the audacity 2 write n speak truth.....our society is supposed 2 be very cultured...v shld blame the censor board or those ppl who give green signal 2 go ahead with this kind of cheap shows. this is the sole reason why i dnt want my favourites like arjun bijlani or rati pandey 2 be ever part of this show or any reality shows where they have 2 act according 2 script n behave in a manner that we start hating them.  but then at the end of the day its a known thing what kind of celebs agree 2 be a part of this kind of show. i am amazed y sara evr decided 2 do this show...she is a popular celeb but now aftr all these events...my love n respect has gone down 4 her. now when i watch bidaai or her new show sometimes..i dnt idolize her...she is nt that that innocent n sweet as she tries 2 be!!!! and wht shld i say of veena....i guess we all knw what kind of a lady she is....!!!

Im glad someone understands the purpose of my topic. I agree that was my point ; our society has been always looked upon as cultured and due to shows like this people may view it entirely different... I understand some things are scripted for the betterment of the show and its trp's, but its upto our actors as to what they will and wont do for money and clearly stars like Ashmit Patel, Veena Malik will do anythings even Sara Khan whom I thought was the most innocent girl ever !
axeion IF-Sizzlerz
axeion
axeion

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 11:40pm | IP Logged

Im glad someone understands the purpose of my topic. I agree that was my point ; our society has been always looked upon as cultured and due to shows like this people may view it entirely different... I understand some things are scripted for the betterment of the show and its trp's, but its upto our actors as to what they will and wont do for money and clearly stars like Ashmit Patel, Veena Malik will do anythings even Sara Khan whom I thought was the most innocent girl ever !

Sorry to barge in again into ur intellectual talk... But the whole point here that I don't understand is... How does PDA or No-PDA, decide whether a society is cultured or not...Confused  U choose to ignore this point in my first post on this thread, and instead tried to stir up an argument over Desi/Non-Desi stuff...

A society is cultured by the values of it's ppl, those values which are way way way above things like PDA... 

Bolly*_Crazed IF-Dazzler
Bolly*_Crazed
Bolly*_Crazed

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 11:46pm | IP Logged

Sorry to barge in again into ur intellectual talk... But the whole point here that I don't understand is... How does PDA or No-PDA, decide whether a society is cultured or not...Confused  U choose to ignore this point in my first post on this thread, and instead tried to stir up an argument over Desi/Non-Desi stuff...

A society is cultured by the values of it's ppl, those values which are way way way above things like PDA... 

Maybe I ignored your post because I dont know what you mean by PDA lol... and maybe if you go back and read my edited post. I am talking about how people like Ashmit Veena and Sara as INDIVIDUALS behave in such a way... I mean the romance stuff, the pops stuff, etc etc. And what others who aren't living in this country may be forced to think about this country this show is being aired. I know no country can be judged based on a handful of people. But people JUDGE. We and our parents and grandparents judge the western culture from the kind of things they display in their movies, shows etc. etc. All I have to say is that I cant watch Gossip Girl with my dad in the same room.

Edited by Bolly*_Crazed - 06 January 2011 at 11:46pm
axeion IF-Sizzlerz
axeion
axeion

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 11:56pm | IP Logged

Maybe I ignored your post because I dont know what you mean by PDA lol... and maybe if you go back and read my edited post. I am talking about how people like Ashmit Veena and Sara as INDIVIDUALS behave in such a way... I mean the romance stuff, the pops stuff, etc etc. And what others who aren't living in this country may be forced to think about this country this show is being aired. I know no country can be judged based on a handful of people. But people JUDGE. We and our parents and grandparents judge the western culture from the kind of things they display in their movies, shows etc. etc. All I have to say is that I cant watch Gossip Girl with my dad in the same room.

Why do u keep editing ur post in the first place LOL It's not our job to go n keep track of it always Confused

Just an FYI... PDA stands for Public Display of Affection. People Judge..Yes, but don't u think that they are wrong when they judge someone based off something aired on TV Shocked Why do u want to follow their footsteps and do something similar..??? And I don't think there's anything wrong in watching Gossip Girls with one's parents... Do u think our parents don't know abt all that... When our conscious is clear, then watching such shows with anybody shldn't matter...IMHO.  

Anyways, I got to go...Nap time. Will continue this tmrow!!!

Edited by axeion - 06 January 2011 at 11:57pm
Bolly*_Crazed IF-Dazzler
Bolly*_Crazed
Bolly*_Crazed

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 1:28pm | IP Logged

Why do u keep editing ur post in the first place LOL It's not our job to go n keep track of it always Confused

Just an FYI... PDA stands for Public Display of Affection. People Judge..Yes, but don't u think that they are wrong when they judge someone based off something aired on TV Shocked Why do u want to follow their footsteps and do something similar..??? And I don't think there's anything wrong in watching Gossip Girls with one's parents... Do u think our parents don't know abt all that... When our conscious is clear, then watching such shows with anybody shldn't matter...IMHO.  

Anyways, I got to go...Nap time. Will continue this tmrow!!!
Ok dude ! my conscious is clear... but doesn't mean I am comfortable watching Chuck Bass and Blair go at it infront of my dad !  HOLY cow the thought is just so discusting and scary... And I'm sure theyre are many many more people that agree with me, but wont admit it considering the liklihood of this post. LOL But yeah... a clear conscious has close to nothing to do with it.... And if you want to respond to the topic than you should keep up with the edits... otherwise your just stating facts that aren't even applicable...like you have been doing... stop wasting your time please...
desi-gal Senior Member
desi-gal
desi-gal

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 2:28pm | IP Logged
An OUTSIDER HAS NO RYT TO COMMENT ON indian programmess...n whoever does so is a COMPLETE HYPOCRYTE

yes I AGREE THT dese pple are showing a negative perspective of themselves and of indians (lets jus say asian) as they are behaving cheaply well some of them.... however

WHEN U ACTUALLY MENTIONED THIS LINE ... 

'This is what you get when you decide to make Big Brother in a third world country...'

U ARE BEING A COMPLETE HYPOCRYT .....You cannot state that these type of cheap people do not exists in the MEDC -more economically developed countries...
BIG BROTHER WAS FORMERLY A BRITISH pROGRAMME from where this concept has arisen and let me tell u
they behaved more disgustuingly as COMPARED TO THESE LOT

we personally are finidnding these acts repulsive because we as asians have been brought up in a western culturee based on the notion that we are very tradional--- we expect everyone to behave in the way our parents have told us however it would be very narrow minded of us if we TOOK ON A biased view.
 tyms have chnged ...pple have reformed as human beings.....technoligical developments, NAME AND FAME has outmanouvered the possibility of portraying decency and let us not forget THAT BIG BROTHER IS A GAME- WID ONLY ONE WINNER
therefore by acting in the way they hav dun so..........dey have only dun it for name and fame hence it wuld be rong to to form a view about a programme being aheld ina  third world country and the outcum bein the one tht has so

Edited by desi-gal - 07 January 2011 at 2:32pm

Go to top