Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Sonam miffed with Abhay(Pg 25-Abhay Responds) (Page 8)

petticoat IF-Stunnerz
petticoat
petticoat

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 5:02pm | IP Logged
. "I never expected Abhay to be so disrespectful, it just shows how badly brought up he is to talk this way about
someone who is years his senior.

Ouch SOnam..irrespctive of who shobha de is, isnt she years your senior too? talk about pot calling kettle blackLOL

Edited by bandicoot - 05 January 2011 at 5:05pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

chatpati900chandaursitareglittersNuktaacheen-Mmmmm-OzymandiasU-No-Poo-PoisonIvy-ibelieveinpink

Zareena IF-Stunnerz
Zareena
Zareena

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 5:04pm | IP Logged
i don't think it's just about his role. It's something else. Why would a actor like abhay will even care for his role when he knew his role will be small. And please you don't need 3 months to realize. Abhay could had ignored it and not responded or giving comments like Anil is waste of time. now that's also a big comment to give to someone senior.
ibelieveinpink IF-Stunnerz
ibelieveinpink
ibelieveinpink

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 5:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Zareena

i don't think it's just about his role. It's something else. Why would a actor like abhay will even care for his role when he knew his role will be small. And please you don't need 3 months to realize. Abhay could had ignored it and not responded or giving comments like Anil is waste of time. now that's also a big comment to give to someone senior.
Zaru I think it's about his role and the fact that his scenes were cut and his role was shortened b/c he wouldn't have been so chilled out and fun loving and bindass with Sona if he had problems with the film during promotion time...the outburst only came when he saw the final product! Plus I think he found it too flossy like all the critics did!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ElusiveDevotion

Rekha_ji IF-Dazzler
Rekha_ji
Rekha_ji

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 5:09pm | IP Logged
Abhay Deol was great in Dev.D.
Maybe he is upset because Sonam overshadowed him in 'Aisha'.
Poor boy.
petticoat IF-Stunnerz
petticoat
petticoat

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 5:10pm | IP Logged
Well editing can mess up the film a lot. Even in the novel, the focus was the female lead so I am not really sure if he did not know on how meaty his role is going to be. Maybe the script presented to him and what it turned out to be were two different things.. He did sound alright till the release
ibelieveinpink IF-Stunnerz
ibelieveinpink
ibelieveinpink

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 5:17pm | IP Logged
@bandicoot: Agree, but I don't think it's about the size of the role, but it's about the impact of the role...Arjun wasn't as strong and mature as Knightly should be....as much as I loved the way he punched Dhruv...that's def was a moment of weakness b/c Knightly wasn't a man of physical assault, but a man of verbal assault! 

I think he knew he was gonna play the knight in shining armor aka Mr Right in this female dominated rom com, but I guess he didn't know he was gonna play a poorly written character! I think maybe the scenes that were cut were important to Abhay and to the character of Arjun!!  I'm not 100% sure, but it could be a possibility!
Zareena IF-Stunnerz
Zareena
Zareena

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 5:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sweet coco

Originally posted by Zareena

Zaru I think it's about his role and the fact that his scenes were cut and his role was shortened b/c he wouldn't have been so chilled out and fun loving and bindass with Sona if he had problems with the film during promotion time...the outburst only came when he saw the final product! Plus I think he found it too flossy like all the critics did!!

But then why would he deny the rumors in the beginning? he admitted that it's a chick flick movie and he's supporting the team. No where he mentioned he is playing an important role in the movie. Not to forget he was loved in the movie from critics to audience. No one said he wasn't good and it's surprising how he comes out after we read an article that abhay had a fall out with anil and rhea kapoor. So i don't even think it's about his role, probably something else. And i don't know why does he drag Aisha and insult his own movie where he worked in. I know many actors did and their roles were chopped but they never brought the movie down to this level. FUnny thing is movie Aisha only helped Abhay, yet he isn't happy.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ibelieveinpink

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 5:19pm | IP Logged
Abhay deol has loyalty issues. Alteast when Sonam kapoor re-tweeted her director she was supporting her movie.. she was being loyal to her movie.. and she did apologize for the re-tweet later.. Abhay deol was disloyal to his own movie.. when he signed on the movie he very well knew what the movie was about.. and that it was a female centric movie.. so why crib about it later.. and why crib about the fashion and styling in the movie.. why can't wardrobe be an imp part of the movie.. ??? If scripts demands it.. then whats the harm in making a fashion centric movie... Its not like the concept of the movie was very hard hitting.. like those k-soaps and people are sleeping wearing heavy makeup and kanjivaram sarees.. it was necessary and they did it.. Abhay deol shouldn't be bitching about his own movie like this.. no matter how he thinks it shaped out.... it would be a put off to anyone who casts him in future.. they will definately doubt his loyalty towards his own movies.

Edited by ladygaga - 05 January 2011 at 5:24pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

NuktaacheensheeeZareena

Go to top