Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Sonam miffed with Abhay(Pg 25-Abhay Responds) (Page 26)

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 3:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by LifeOLicious

Originally posted by ladygaga

Wow its refreshing to hear Dibaker say that about big budget movies.. usualy we see small budget movie directors being cynical about big budget movies.. and dissing them.. not only small budget movie makers.. but some of the big budget ones who occasionally decide to make small budget movies.. get this snobby attitude that they are above or some how better than commercial cinema.. and media is always there to make such frivolous and shallow comparisons between small and big budget movis..admist all that it is refreshing to find people who can look at the situation from everyone's perspective.

I agree but there is a reason they are so cynical....and have this superiority complex. It's because they don't get any attention even when they make good films....the actors don't get any attention even when they act better. That's why I think this attitude has developed over time. These two types of film-makers need to learn to co-exist. We need both small and big movies.....and we need to reward them both and appreciate them both for what they are worth and not only cater to the popular stars just because they are popular and not think small movies are better movies and all big movies are bad! And all small movie actors are good and all commercial movie actors are bad....that is also not a view that is correct.

Yea i do get it now.. most of them do go unnoticed... boxoffice wise and also in awards.. but despite all that it is good to find a small budget filmaker who doesn't sound bitter..but even if they are bitter then i guess one can't blame them.. A fine balance is needed.. in west sometimes small budget movies get picked up in film festivals by big coporate houses.. In India.. i guess UTV is like a haven for small budget movie makers.. UTV is doing a good job of picking up small budget movies.. and giving them good publicity..and they are fiding success also.. so i guess all is not bad..

Edited by ladygaga - 14 January 2011 at 3:17pm

starstruckk IF-Sizzlerz
starstruckk
starstruckk

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 5:17pm | IP Logged
Why can't these people sort out their differences personally?

Anywho, there's no point in complaining about anything now...but, Abhay was one of the people to have made this film somewhat worth watching....so, he should just move on.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Chippeshwini

Go to top