Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Sonam miffed with Abhay(Pg 25-Abhay Responds) (Page 22)

Neetu_PB_lover IF-Dazzler

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 6:22am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

koolchick

Zareena IF-Stunnerz
Zareena
Zareena

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 11:04am | IP Logged
Cut out the male cleavage, urges Abhay Deol

Published: Thursday, Jan 13, 2011, 11:26 IST
By Soumyadipta Banerjee | Place: Mumbai | Agency: DNA

Actor Abhay Deol fixes a stare on you the moment you point out that he has got no muscles on him. "Seriously. Okay, you tell me whether muscles look good on me. Do you think I should have muscles" he asks.

But why not? After all the Bollywood heroes ' Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan, Salman Khan, Saif Ali Khan, Hrithik Roshan even Emraan Hashmi ' have all gleefully sported muscles on the big screen.

Abhay shoots back immediately, "This whole obsession with male cleavage in Bollywood is a bit overrated. The bubble will burst soon."

When prodded to elaborate on his stance, Abhay says, "They (muscles) look totally unnatural. Look at Hollywood, will you ever find a hero sporting muscles? They don't because normal people don't have heavy-duty muscles. It's not natural. How can you look like the guy next door with abs, muscles and cleavage?" he adds.

Okay, he doesn't want to go the Salman-SRK way, so will he do a chick flick again like Aisha? "I have criticised only one film of mine. I didn't like myself in that and the way it turned out. But that doesn't mean I won't do a similar role again. However I'll work with only those people with whom my visions match."

Does that mean that he won't work with actors Anil Kapoor and Sonam again? "I won't work with anybody with whom I am uncomfortable. I am working with Dibakar (Banerjee) for Shanghai again. But I won't work for with people with whom the experience has been bad," he says.

So, it's true that the actor is particular about the length of his role, and gets miffed if it's cut short? "Never! Had that been the case then I wouldn't have taken up Aisha for sure," he ends.

Edited by Zareena - 13 January 2011 at 11:04am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ElusiveDevotionNuktaacheenMeena1

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 11:05am | IP Logged
Good for you Abhay!

I hope this chapter has endedROFL
Zareena IF-Stunnerz
Zareena
Zareena

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 11:10am | IP Logged
Now i think his scenes were edited out. If it's true, then a very bad call from Aisha editor whoever it was.
petticoat IF-Stunnerz
petticoat
petticoat

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 12:24pm | IP Logged
phew finally some kind of an end atleast to the drama!

-Zarwulicious- IF-Sizzlerz
-Zarwulicious-
-Zarwulicious-

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 1:21pm | IP Logged
aisha ki promotion chal rahi hy kia?:p

koolchick

Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 1:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by LifeOLicious

^ ha ha good discussion on big budget small budget and commercial and non commercial films. i agree with dibakar completely. especially about the jealousy part....that when a big film fails we love to tear it apart LOL even though it may not be as bad as it's made out to be because past films which were equally bad probably got by as they became hits. LOL just coz some small films became hits now small films are good...media so typical! sirf hit films ke peeche! LOL!

dibakar really hit the nail on the head... and i loved what he said and how he said... (aamir should take tips, eh... WinkTongueTongue   just pulling your leg...!  EmbarrassedLOLLOL)

i do think people love to pull down movies that are more commercial, whether they are hits or flops... because a lot of 'niche audience' (if i may call it that) do think that smaller budgeted movies = better films... budget really doesn't has anything to do with content.... just because a movie is commercial, does not mean it lacks content...!

actually, i prefer the scene at hollywood anyday... there is appreciation for all kinds of cinema...!

abhay was hilarious, when he mentioned that the budget of the movie was how much some of the big stars actually charge...!   LOLLOL   and i wonder whom emraan meant by actors who look over their shoulders to see who has got more lines... ah, how i seek controversy everywhere...!   LOLLOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ElusiveDevotionLifeOLiciousZareena

koolchick IF-Rockerz

Requested Self ban

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 1:35pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Nuktaacheen

Go to top