Originally posted by: Zareena

nahee movie shanghai ki🤣

Is Abhay in the movie?
Zareena thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: koolchick

Is Abhay in the movie?

Yes the one with Emraan Hashmi and Abhay deol, direction Dibakar.
LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: ladygaga

Wow its refreshing to hear Dibaker say that about big budget movies.. usualy we see small budget movie directors being cynical about big budget movies.. and dissing them.. not only small budget movie makers.. but some of the big budget ones who occasionally decide to make small budget movies.. get this snobby attitude that they are above or some how better than commercial cinema.. and media is always there to make such frivolous and shallow comparisons between small and big budget movis..admist all that it is refreshing to find people who can look at the situation from everyone's perspective.

I agree but there is a reason they are so cynical....and have this superiority complex. It's because they don't get any attention even when they make good films....the actors don't get any attention even when they act better. That's why I think this attitude has developed over time. These two types of film-makers need to learn to co-exist. We need both small and big movies.....and we need to reward them both and appreciate them both for what they are worth and not only cater to the popular stars just because they are popular and not think small movies are better movies and all big movies are bad! And all small movie actors are good and all commercial movie actors are bad....that is also not a view that is correct.
Oh gosh, I think Abhay was really pissed and ended up saying something he shouldnt have but Sonam and Anil just made it worse by acting even more immature which is ironical because they just showed that they themselves had a bad 'upbringing' by making such nonsense comments. What a silly bunch of people!
LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Just out of curiosity I checked Wikipedia about this movie Independence Day which was a huge huge commercial success in the 90s. I love the movie and I have seen it 20 times....it's very cheesy and has lots of stereotype characters and really dumb moments that even I laughed and mocked when I saw the movie the first time....but its super fun with some pretty good acting by Will Smith!

It was panned by many, it didn't get any best film oscar nomination but it got the People's Choice Award, Kid's Choice Award, Saturn Award (awards for science fiction, horror and fantasy films) for Best Movie and the Golden Raspberry award for Worst movie that made too much money. 😆 So you got it all. People loved it you got an award. It's good fantasy film it got an award. It's a cheesefest awful film so no Oscars or Golden Globes but gets a Raspberry. We need this kind of stuff in BW!
Edited by LifeOLicious - 13 years ago
Originally posted by: LifeOLicious

Just out of curiosity I checked Wikipedia about this movie Independence Day which was a huge huge commercial success in the 90s. I love the movie and I have seen it 20 times....it's very cheesy and has lots of stereotype characters and really dumb moments that even I laughed and mocked when I saw the movie the first time....but its super fun with some pretty good acting by Will Smith!

It was panned by many, it didn't get any best film oscar nomination but it got the People's Choice Award, Kid's Choice Award, Saturn Award (awards for science fiction, horror and fantasy films) for Best Movie and the Golden Raspberry award for Worst movie that made too much money. 😆 So you got it all. People loved it you got an award. It's good fantasy film it got an award. It's a cheesefest awful film so no Oscars or Golden Globes but gets a Raspberry. We need this kind of stuff in BW!

For the Razzies, people in India would get insulted and say "how dare you" instead.
They wouldn't even bother trying to find humor in it

But the other popular choice awards would be really cool to have😎
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Originally posted by: tulsi003

Yeah. I agree with Dibakar about what he said about people being jealous and trying to bring down big movies too. For example; people really putting Guzaarish down. They didn't speak about the content of the film which was much better than most of the films this year but they kept on talking about how bad it did at the box office.

I agree!! Ppl keep saying that Guzaarish did bad at the BO, but H-A's performances were mind blowing and the film garnered mostly positive reviews!! It's never about content....it's about the money!
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
I'm glad Abhay did this...at least know he can finally move on from this! Ppl keep bashing him for thrashing HIS film...whateffs...the egos of Anil and Sonam are satisfied so hopefully no more BS from either side!!!

And Abhay...love him and just hope he keeps on coming out stronger after each film!!
mz.jess thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@sweet coco: I agree! Abhay is really talented, I hope he stays away from drama!
Razzies in bollywood? I dont think anyone needs a third world war.