Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

A wake up call! (Page 9)

GodHelpUs Senior Member
GodHelpUs
GodHelpUs

Posted: 01 February 2011 at 1:38am | IP Logged
It's a collective sigh!!!!!!!!!!!

Why?

A relief to have GC back on the show and boy!!! what a Smokey shoot that was... CV had to set DD on fire, well not literally, for the sizzles... and the sparks fly helter- skelterThumbs Up!!!Aag dono taraf barabar jala di..And no not between DD and GC..Tv screen ke us paar aur is paarCool

It was just a hug and the umpteenth one at that but hand it to the potent combo of DD-GC to make it explosive...Telly world ain't hitherto seen romance that blazes as such and scorches us audience with sheer degrees.

Not much of a couch potato but I am quite the movie buff. 
So I recall, a Jaya Bacchan , hyper ventilating even as a SRK steps off a copter miles away or steps into a mall. (she did u know, mean the palpitations, just that the expressions dint show much on her stiff face)Wink.

Or a Rakhi Gulzar sensing her Karan Arjun beyond miles of dunesTongue.

Or the Bacchan bahu tearing through the endless corridors, setting her pallu on fire all because her intuitive self rings a bell of DevD's proximity...

Pick any war or action movie and you have women longing for their men serving at the borders and the heroes welcome they are accorded on their return.

OK...so the scenes scream loud...'plagiarismBig smile' ..heck no...been there-done that-seen it all.. And yet they conquer. Hence the sigh!!!

Oh! also because its such a balm to the eye sores.... good riddance from body doubles...yayClap!

Putting to words how good the actors are, would be futile. Nothing more can possibly be said without sounding clichd or repetitive.

With GC's absence however one good thing came off it all. I have been paying more attention to the sets, the costumes, Annie and the likes.
The nanad-bhabhi duo looked beautiful in their Siamese twin like pink-mauve outfits. Annie's room too was painted some shade of ashes of rose and grape wine which kinda complimented the beautiful ladiesDancing.

I haven't been too keen on the storyline the last week. We are sticking through despite some mindless scripting and letting GC-DD not just get into the skin of the characters they portray but also crawl under ours. No wonder then that our hearts skipped a beat and ours eyes dint bat an eyelid for a good 120 seconds during yesterday's episodeDay Dreaming.

Btw, DD was shown fretting over the time...about 2 in the afternoon...Why was Nakul roaming around with a pooja ki thali with the aarti lit at that hour? The 'fiery' re intro was for him or GCLOL

On a note to end with Annie. Hang in there baby. Your fortitude will be put to test in the coming weeks. And your restraint shall speak volumes. CV please don't go south with the script for Annie's character at this juncture. No women in GHSP have been weaklings in mind and heartApprove.

(Even Nayantara ,Evil Smile that women may have been insecure and despite the grey shades of her character she has a never say die attitude..yeah , i know, for all the wrong reasons but its a fact)

Annie materialized out of nowhere and is now a mainstay. CV leverage on that and build something substantial. As a actor she has gotten her foothold right and will eventually step up but then a meandering storyline will only undo all the good work thats gone in.

I know if you wanted to put across a social message you would have made a documentary or cinema of the stream parallel to commercial. But it wouldn't hurt to make a 'deep impact' in a love story after all, would itApprove?

Edited by GodHelpUs - 01 February 2011 at 1:45am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MurlalSilentsoul

GodHelpUs Senior Member
GodHelpUs
GodHelpUs

Posted: 01 February 2011 at 9:43am | IP Logged
Gayi bhains paani mein!!!Big smile
Super adorableLOL...Totally floored by earthy dialogs.
Nothing like Geet-Maan to make up. They can fight all they want as long as they manao each other like thisDay Dreaming. Geet is still unaware of the impending disaster but what the heck...I can relish this moment for now.

Return of the K k k k k k Khurana.
The name is Khurana. Maan Singh Khurana.Cool

Loved the episode to bitsSmile. Dadi rocks just as DD and GC do.Star

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

maaneet2010

Silentsoul IF-Sizzlerz
Silentsoul
Silentsoul

Posted: 01 February 2011 at 1:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by GodHelpUs

It's a collective sigh!!!!!!!!!!!

Why?

A relief to have GC back on the show and boy!!! what a Smokey shoot that was... CV had to set DD on fire, well not literally, for the sizzles... and the sparks fly helter- skelterThumbs Up!!!Aag dono taraf barabar jala di..And no not between DD and GC..Tv screen ke us paar aur is paarCool

It was just a hug and the umpteenth one at that but hand it to the potent combo of DD-GC to make it explosive...Telly world ain't hitherto seen romance that blazes as such and scorches us audience with sheer degrees.

Not much of a couch potato but I am quite the movie buff. 
So I recall, a Jaya Bacchan , hyper ventilating even as a SRK steps off a copter miles away or steps into a mall. (she did u know, mean the palpitations, just that the expressions dint show much on her stiff face)Wink.

Or a Rakhi Gulzar sensing her Karan Arjun beyond miles of dunesTongue.

Or the Bacchan bahu tearing through the endless corridors, setting her pallu on fire all because her intuitive self rings a bell of DevD's proximity...

Pick any war or action movie and you have women longing for their men serving at the borders and the heroes welcome they are accorded on their return.

OK...so the scenes scream loud...'plagiarismBig smile' ..heck no...been there-done that-seen it all.. And yet they conquer. Hence the sigh!!!

Oh! also because its such a balm to the eye sores.... good riddance from body doubles...yayClap!

Putting to words how good the actors are, would be futile. Nothing more can possibly be said without sounding clichd or repetitive.

With GC's absence however one good thing came off it all. I have been paying more attention to the sets, the costumes, Annie and the likes.
The nanad-bhabhi duo looked beautiful in their Siamese twin like pink-mauve outfits. Annie's room too was painted some shade of ashes of rose and grape wine which kinda complimented the beautiful ladiesDancing.

I haven't been too keen on the storyline the last week. We are sticking through despite some mindless scripting and letting GC-DD not just get into the skin of the characters they portray but also crawl under ours. No wonder then that our hearts skipped a beat and ours eyes dint bat an eyelid for a good 120 seconds during yesterday's episodeDay Dreaming.

Btw, DD was shown fretting over the time...about 2 in the afternoon...Why was Nakul roaming around with a pooja ki thali with the aarti lit at that hour? The 'fiery' re intro was for him or GCLOL

On a note to end with Annie. Hang in there baby. Your fortitude will be put to test in the coming weeks. And your restraint shall speak volumes. CV please don't go south with the script for Annie's character at this juncture. No women in GHSP have been weaklings in mind and heartApprove.

(Even Nayantara ,Evil Smile that women may have been insecure and despite the grey shades of her character she has a never say die attitude..yeah , i know, for all the wrong reasons but its a fact)

Annie materialized out of nowhere and is now a mainstay. CV leverage on that and build something substantial. As a actor she has gotten her foothold right and will eventually step up but then a meandering storyline will only undo all the good work thats gone in.

I know if you wanted to put across a social message you would have made a documentary or cinema of the stream parallel to commercial. But it wouldn't hurt to make a 'deep impact' in a love story after all, would itApprove?

Reaaly good one.....its onscreen actors that made us stuck through mindless screenplay
49erFan IF-Sizzlerz
49erFan
49erFan

Posted: 01 February 2011 at 1:59pm | IP Logged
How did I miss ur post, very well put! 

CVs really need to work on these issues! 

Anyhow, if this continues this ship will tank further!
lexaxel Senior Member
lexaxel
lexaxel

Posted: 03 March 2011 at 7:41am | IP Logged

Coming back here after a long time. Enjoyed all ur posts:-)...

.....as I see it its been a month, where r u????
GodHelpUs Senior Member
GodHelpUs
GodHelpUs

Posted: 21 March 2011 at 12:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lexaxel

Coming back here after a long time. Enjoyed all ur posts:-)...

.....as I see it its been a month, where r u????

Dear IF'ites!!!

Great to be writing to you all after a self imposed exile cum hiatus:)

Before I proceed, I salute to thee for I do not share the enthusiasm with which you still evince and sustain interest, bordering on divine adoration for the show despite the very flawed script.

The title of this post is..." A wake up call...' and  since CV chose to stay in doldrums I could only sneak off from IF. pretty much of what I had envisaged as the future of the show came true.

Unfortunately for me, I am hard to please. There are people like us too in the audience base. So no hard feelings there!! One just needs to keep pace to have us swear by you. GHSP is not the only show that runs 6 days a week. And PH is very aware of that and also remain informed of the gravity of the situation. If they choose to take the easy route and say this is the best we can dish up for a 22 minute episode 6 times each week then I am sorry you just killed my ravenous appetite for your show.
Star one is a youth channel and the shows are designed with a purpose and for a niche audience. Its not Star parivaar saas bahu affair and the distinction was glaringly defined from the beginning. Why CV would resort to mindless scripting is beyond me. Some times keeping it short is really keeping and leaving it sweet. wrapping up the show on its 1st anniversary would be a better idea to bow out gracefully than to make a mess of it all and leave a bitter aftertaste for an otherwise unforgettable show.

Even Ms Nikunj manages to learn the ropes of acting and emote slightly better than a cutting board , sadly the  same cannot be said of the storyline for the script went to the shredders.

Consider this... We have millions of atheletes yet only about 12-16 qualify for lets says Olympics or World championships. The dozen odd best sprinters make a dash for the 100 mts and yet the last 5 mtrs is decisive of who the winner is. Its not the say the other 11 are any less deserving but the world will only remember the one who won. Reason..."Sustainance".
And only winning WC or Olympics doesnt make the runner world number. They ought to be running better and better day  in and day out to hold on to it.

Thats way to much funda-ism for today. I dint mean to preach.

If I were wrong I wouldnt see as many threads on IF which i fllow dilligently, more than the show itself. I did not wish to contribute to the prevailing negative mode at the forum concerning the show, the character assasinations and ripping apart of well etched roles... the worst of the pack... Geet's characterisation is going downhill and so is Maan's.. I had zilch expectation out of any one else really... so its deeply disappointing.

I found better use of my time instead. So infact its a thank you to the CV. Not a GHSP addict anymore.

I am a greedy fan and selfish too.. I dont want the occasional  'take-my-breath-away ' Maan-Geet moments. I demand more. I think we deserve more of it and better of it.

I randomly pick 10 reviews of each episode and take an average opinion into count and decide in favor of watching the episode online. What i never miss though are Sanjh's take on them. They are hilarious beyond belief.

Purely my PoV. Hopefully I havent hurt any of the loyalist sentiments  at this forum. My apologies if I have.

Good day all!!!

Cheers
Su

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

maaneet2010masin

Go to top