Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

A wake up call! (Page 8)

GodHelpUs Senior Member
GodHelpUs
GodHelpUs

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 1:30am | IP Logged
Hiya folks!!!

Just got around to catch Saturday's episode and I have nothing more to add to the celebartory mood than to rejoice!!!! Finally, the hottest onscreen pair who have been stuck at the altar for what seemed like an eternity have hiccuped their way to matrimonyClap.

Mum's the word. ( not mummy) I cant begin to put to words the inherent beauty of couple of shots enroute to the shaadi of Mrs and Mr Maan Khurana. Sigh!!

Like with real life, the reel too shall pendulate in coming times and speculations are rife already, the atmosphere abuzz with what will be the next thing to go horribly wrong.

For now I revel and bask in the joy. Dasvidaniya

Edited by GodHelpUs - 24 January 2011 at 1:32am

GodHelpUs Senior Member
GodHelpUs
GodHelpUs

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 3:48am | IP Logged

A weekend that was anything but a breeze and a hectic start to work week!!!Sounds familiar??? That's the real world knocking me back to my sense ..way removed from reel life. If only I could stay on a little longer in my reveries.Sigh!!

In such a rush, it only apt I put in a short write every now and then and simply follow up on other threads.Most of them anyways voice my own concerns on the show.

Just when all's hunky dory, CV has a knack of smacking us in the head with an unexpected bit of drama. Getting the hang of their wayward ways.Big smile

And while on the rope, hanging on to it. With the IF tellybuzz updates segment abuzz with comments the options are one too many. First it seemed , there will not be a wedding. And when it was underway dint think it will come to an end ever.Now that the wedding boat has set sail we have all the wrong winds blowing on its course and rocking it.

This too shall pass. Happy week everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

GodHelpUs Senior Member
GodHelpUs
GodHelpUs

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 2:27pm | IP Logged
Its said of Art, that it imitates life and vice versa.
As an audience, there is a moment of connect- when real meets reel. I had one of my own to share.

IF has witnessed a great deal of GHSP loyalist in PDA mode for DD and GC alike. Occasionally one can leaf through members recounting incidents from their lives quite similar to ones on the show.
I for one wrote at length about my ordeal of having been stuck in a conference room earlier onD'oh

Today however, I am not here to write on the episode.There's really nothing I could add . no thread to lay bare. I would suffice by saying- Poignant and etherealHeart.

On the work front, last couple of days have been intense. Even missed THE wedding episode and had to make do with the repeat telecast. No SBB  or updates to speak of. Lot of upheaval on reel and in real. Today was the first episode for Maan and Geet as a couple. In my opinion even Annie Arjun's passionate sequence was tastefully done. And let's not forget the first one of the lot -Dev and Geet. Aesthetic and dignified with none of the trappings of cliche most shows resort toThumbs Up.

Don't get technical , or  would it be medicalWink, but from shows perspective I hadn't pinned hopes on a making out between the sizzling duo of Geet and Maan.

Well, I mark today in my calendar as having officially moved onto different pastures at work, one that shall change the very trajectory of my career. Having said that I have a whole set of challenges to look forward do,stability having dulled the senses to seek the comfort zone. Time for a shake up. Much like GHSPWink where Arjun will drop the ticking bomb onto Maan's lap. Maan will have a tough time walking the tight rope between Geet's failing health and Annie's little romp payback.

As I watched today's episode, it occurs to me much like Geet and Maan starting off a new phase in life , with their nervous apprehensions and anxiety I too had a perplexing day. Too early to say.
CV mostly gets it right, bang on, unless where common sense and logic need be deployed , so leaving them with a commendation for the good work and hope that the momentum gained is leveraged upon.

Here's wishing them luck and a toast be raised for me tooClap!

Daily soaps are woman's bastion. And Tellywood is replete with women centric shows and themes for that very reason. A Tulsi commanded mob worship over a Mihir. A Parvathi snowed out a Om under adulations.A Prerana sweeps out Anurag and Mr. Bajaj. Finally ,a La Mamphodganj Lady of Justice aka Pratigyaa is giving sleepless nights and jitters and not just to the Sajjan Singh family.

Men have been relegated to caricatures on most popular shows. GHSP has Maan ( now, I know most of you disagree with the following). As an actor his portrayal of the character has been equally brilliant if not over and above DD's or rest of the cast. A telly show 'hero' whipping up such mass frenzy is amusing to witness. 

Ever wondered on the title of the show , " Geet.....hui sabse parayi" 
Good heaven's no offense meant to the character or the actor but Maan's character has never had a moments peace. Not a breather. No respite in sight. Geet has Maan by her side even in unforeseen disasters but Maan is in a perpetual state of worry.

The poor chap is burdened beyond imagination. And wedding hasn't exactly been a welcome relief. A business to run. A weird family to keep tabs onOuch. A Dadi ma to take care of. An inefficient office staff. A beloved like Geet who drives him nuts and her troubles so lovingly embraced. Finally to pile on to all these the promises he makes to himself and others at the drop of a hat much like his temperAngry.
Its been a helluva journey for Maan as well.

Hard to visualize anything else but anyone ever considered an alternative title to the show? Irrelevant question but its a thought. 
Even if it was called " Maan ki Geet- Ek rishta aisa bhi" ( ok that was super uncoolLOL) DD and GC would still rock the showStar

GodHelpUs Senior Member
GodHelpUs
GodHelpUs

Posted: 30 January 2011 at 2:38am | IP Logged
Its been a while...since my last post and every time I am back  after a self imposed exile from IF I come across a veritable feast of topics discussed through various threads. Some are interesting, some pique my curiosity, some are downright malicious....

During my time away most of the topics that occurred to me have been discussed and ripped apart with clinical precision.So there would be no value add through this post. However, I write to put pen to paper ( not literally) few of the fleeting thoughts in the intervening time lag.

I have been caught up with an awful lot of tangents at work place. After 3 years I'm back to doing what I love most-"Change". So, one hectic day after another, I come home to a doting family that  loves to crib over how little they get to see of me. And I settle down to catch GHSP as discreetly as possible.

And I read through threads that are spiteful of body doubles, GC and DD's personal life being discussed in not so colorful words. They are in entertainment industry and hence it some how gives us audience a right to opine on their privacy. Interesting. Most of IF members are students and/or working professionals who have an eventful day and await each evening to catch up with a 22-22 minute show. The actors of the show work 14-16 hours of their own eventful day to bring us that magic each evening. 

If the reel life hasn't exhausted them already, they too have to get back to a real life, with real people in it ,who probably love complaining as much as my family does.And like any of us, they too would want to run away from it all for some time. Like my colleagues cover for me during my absence, body doubles step in to relieve the pressure off the actors.

But somehow, the whole issue, which seems very normal to me, gets blown out of proportion.Because, we live in a consumerist era and there the consumer , a.k.a, audience is the king??

And IF turns into a self styled ombudsman forum. 

Being as much a fan of the show as any of the member here the use of body doubles, the absence of actors, the alterations to the story line and screenplay to accommodate the two isn't exactly finding favors with me but I think I can relate at some logical level to forgive.

I have some interests out of work place and they demand a large chunk of my precious little personal time. Thank god I have worked out a agreeable format at work and family, and yes both nag endlessly.

So when I read about the Valentine day's special show with GC and DD too performing in it,they making time for rehearsals, I can empathize with them largely.

My these very other interests will be have me missing out the entire Valentine weekend. And I don't even want to get started on it. I sure am miserable as hellCry. But then what's IF for. I can catch up at a later date and it will all feel like I was never gone.

As far as the story is concerned, I cant help but wonder why creative team can only think of a fight followed by kiss and make up in the name of twist. The sensitive issue could have been handled altogether differently. There wasn't a need for harsh words and extreme measures. In MSK's own words, Geet understands him better than he knows himself. A heart to heart talk is all that was needed.  But then CV knows better. I am sure their  script writers are paid well enough for it.

And with the doctor not telling Geet about the complications and the impending need for abortion, the door is left wide open for some more drama. Time will tell.

Finally, the surprise element was Annie. The Arjun Annie track actually tugged at my heart strings. And no its still not the actors who are responsible for it. With Arjun letting the cat out of the bag and having laid out all his cards, I am expecting CV to pack a punch with Annie's stand on the fiasco.

I am hoping it redefines the social standing for a woman who has been dealt with such a cruel hand. A thundering slap on the faces of all those who think women are mere pawns in their hand. After Arjun's revelation of his true intentions, there is no need for Annie to grieve endlessly. She is young to get over the heartbreak and the proximity that held a world of promises too shall be soon forgotten.

By shedding tears and mourning a loss that she never owned in the first place she needn't play right into Arjun's hands. May her choices, shatter into smithereens the notion that a victimized woman has to take cover of silence and live with the wrongs. May she take a leaf out of Geet's journals and live with the consequences of her choices and happily so, with or without a man by her side.

The most idiotic theory on the planet is that a woman needs to have a man by her side, that marriage is a be all end all and that motherhood completes her. Now, no one is arguing the sanctity of these institutions but certain notions are arguable.

Loosing virginity /making out with a wrong man is traumatic indeed but one needn't feel victimized over it. My opinion purely and I do wish GHSP makes a bold statement with the current storyline.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ananya04Geekgod

bDgT IF-Dazzler
bDgT
bDgT

Posted: 30 January 2011 at 6:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by GodHelpUs

I am expecting CV to pack a punch with Annie's stand on the fiasco.

I am hoping it redefines the social standing for a woman who has been dealt with such a cruel hand. A thundering slap on the faces of all those who think women are mere pawns in their hand. After Arjun's revelation of his true intentions, there is no need for Annie to grieve endlessly. She is young to get over the heartbreak and the proximity that held a world of promises too shall be soon forgotten.

By shedding tears and mourning a loss that she never owned in the first place she needn't play right into Arjun's hands. May her choices, shatter into smithereens the notion that a victimized woman has to take cover of silence and live with the wrongs. May she take a leaf out of Geet's journals and live with the consequences of her choices and happily so, with or without a man by her side.

The most idiotic theory on the planet is that a woman needs to have a man by her side, that marriage is a be all end all and that motherhood completes her. Now, no one is arguing the sanctity of these institutions but certain notions are arguable.

Loosing virginity /making out with a wrong man is traumatic indeed but one needn't feel victimized over it. My opinion purely and I do wish GHSP makes a bold statement with the current storyline.

Darling, brilliantly articulated and I second every single word that I have marked in bold red letters. That day when this serial takes a radical stand on these lines would for me be a red-lettered day, but then HOPE IS A THING THAT IS ETERNAL in this SAPPY SOAP WORLD!! Clap Clap Clap

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

GodHelpUsGeekgod49erFan

Geekgod IF-Rockerz
Geekgod
Geekgod

Posted: 30 January 2011 at 3:48pm | IP Logged
I agree with you, I am not as articulate as Bri or you are but I'll say it anyway.

I hope she kicks him where it hurts the most and leaves him incapable of pulling the same stunt again with another girl. I hope to God she doesn't indulge in all the rona dhona and get over this, it happens, not the end of the world. Whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger.
HugzHug

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

49erFan

49erFan IF-Sizzlerz
49erFan
49erFan

Posted: 30 January 2011 at 3:52pm | IP Logged
I agree with Geeks, enough hathyachar on woman, they need to stand up on their own, who needs a man in their life to go on! 
GodHelpUs Senior Member
GodHelpUs
GodHelpUs

Posted: 01 February 2011 at 1:38am | IP Logged
It's a collective sigh!!!!!!!!!!!

Why?

A relief to have GC back on the show and boy!!! what a Smokey shoot that was... CV had to set DD on fire, well not literally, for the sizzles... and the sparks fly helter- skelterThumbs Up!!!Aag dono taraf barabar jala di..And no not between DD and GC..Tv screen ke us paar aur is paarCool

It was just a hug and the umpteenth one at that but hand it to the potent combo of DD-GC to make it explosive...Telly world ain't hitherto seen romance that blazes as such and scorches us audience with sheer degrees.

Not much of a couch potato but I am quite the movie buff. 
So I recall, a Jaya Bacchan , hyper ventilating even as a SRK steps off a copter miles away or steps into a mall. (she did u know, mean the palpitations, just that the expressions dint show much on her stiff face)Wink.

Or a Rakhi Gulzar sensing her Karan Arjun beyond miles of dunesTongue.

Or the Bacchan bahu tearing through the endless corridors, setting her pallu on fire all because her intuitive self rings a bell of DevD's proximity...

Pick any war or action movie and you have women longing for their men serving at the borders and the heroes welcome they are accorded on their return.

OK...so the scenes scream loud...'plagiarismBig smile' ..heck no...been there-done that-seen it all.. And yet they conquer. Hence the sigh!!!

Oh! also because its such a balm to the eye sores.... good riddance from body doubles...yayClap!

Putting to words how good the actors are, would be futile. Nothing more can possibly be said without sounding clichd or repetitive.

With GC's absence however one good thing came off it all. I have been paying more attention to the sets, the costumes, Annie and the likes.
The nanad-bhabhi duo looked beautiful in their Siamese twin like pink-mauve outfits. Annie's room too was painted some shade of ashes of rose and grape wine which kinda complimented the beautiful ladiesDancing.

I haven't been too keen on the storyline the last week. We are sticking through despite some mindless scripting and letting GC-DD not just get into the skin of the characters they portray but also crawl under ours. No wonder then that our hearts skipped a beat and ours eyes dint bat an eyelid for a good 120 seconds during yesterday's episodeDay Dreaming.

Btw, DD was shown fretting over the time...about 2 in the afternoon...Why was Nakul roaming around with a pooja ki thali with the aarti lit at that hour? The 'fiery' re intro was for him or GCLOL

On a note to end with Annie. Hang in there baby. Your fortitude will be put to test in the coming weeks. And your restraint shall speak volumes. CV please don't go south with the script for Annie's character at this juncture. No women in GHSP have been weaklings in mind and heartApprove.

(Even Nayantara ,Evil Smile that women may have been insecure and despite the grey shades of her character she has a never say die attitude..yeah , i know, for all the wrong reasons but its a fact)

Annie materialized out of nowhere and is now a mainstay. CV leverage on that and build something substantial. As a actor she has gotten her foothold right and will eventually step up but then a meandering storyline will only undo all the good work thats gone in.

I know if you wanted to put across a social message you would have made a documentary or cinema of the stream parallel to commercial. But it wouldn't hurt to make a 'deep impact' in a love story after all, would itApprove?

Edited by GodHelpUs - 01 February 2011 at 1:45am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MurlalSilentsoul

Go to top