India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

A wake up call! (Page 7)

GodHelpUs Senior Member
GodHelpUs
GodHelpUs

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 1:29pm | IP Logged
Oye! Hoy! Yay!!! suno suno suno gaonwaalo suno.....aaj ki taaza khabar...

Just realized I am not longer a newbie..
promotion ho gaya hai... inducted to the next level...groupbie ban gayi hoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toh socha sabse pehle un sabka dhanyavaad kar doon jinhone apna time nikaalkar meri badbad padhi bhi, saraha bhi aur pyaare pyaare comments bhi kiye...

Thank you all!!!

NytNyt for nowSmile

GodHelpUs Senior Member
GodHelpUs
GodHelpUs

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 3:16pm | IP Logged
Ok!!! In my newfound capacity, as a Groupbie, I begin my first post with a personal anecdote.

It ain't hilarious but worth a mention all the same.In fact I was meaning to state that in one my write ups earlier on but it dint fit into the rhythm or context and is long winding as you will discover.

How many of you remember the episode where Geet and Maan are stuck in a conference room overnight. They had to work on an important project and Geet had closed the door. But there was some problem with the door as it could be opened only from the outside.

I found that supremely laughable yet adorable.The dialogs and acting bit were unlike anything I had seen before. Geet is calling out to the watchmen 8 floors below, " Oye Raam laal, Oye Shaam lal,....Oye khhote, Koi toh suno...and then shrieks her lungs out!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Not to mention Maans million dollar expressions throughout.

Something on those lines happened to me, and a group of us say about 2 years ago. Just the getting stuck in a conference bit that is.

At our firm we have an ad hoc creative team that meets each month to plan fun activities for the entire dept. B'days of all employees within the month are celebrated,games are conducted, fun quizzes, thambola ..blah blah....yeah, you get the drift? Each month's organizing team is chosen by picking chits.

And that month I was in it along with 6 others. I remember accepting a meeting invite for 2:30 PM but most of us were held up and it was not until 3:10 that we all assembled together. By then however, the reservation of the conference room was up and was occupied by someone else.

So we scouted around the floor for a spare conference room. And none were vacant. We get back to our zone/bay and chuck the interns out. It was recession time and management had turned a conference room into makeshift work stations for the interns, about 8-9 of them. 

Its easier to just bully them and ask them to step out for half hour so we could discuss a top secret. We troop in and start discussing on how to go about, what activities to plan and whats the budget allocated.

One of colleague who had committed offline to come up with some games hadn't turned up. But before we could call her after noting her absence she walks past the conf room. Btw, two sides of the conf room has floor to ceiling glass panels so basically its a see through.We weren't in the conf room mentioned in the meeting invite so she had gone in search of us. And then she saw all the interns standing out and figured it must be us.

So we wave at her and she comes over.When all of us had walked in the last one hadn't closed the door then. Not completely. But this Punjabi kudi, khubsurat and tandurust, bursts through the door and bangs the door shut. And we carry on with our discussion.Its 3:35 now. 

Most of us are itching to get back to work. Close time is 5:30 and all of us had a lot to finish for the day. We decide to meet up first thing tomorrow and wrap up all the planing bit and go ahead with execution as we had just 3 more days to put it all together.

So we get going to stream out. My friend and I were deciding on who would go shopping for the gifts , for the winners of the games. We couldn't ask the office boy to do that as they were to only help us with decoration and bringing in the snacks. Its a strict policy out here ,we cant ask them to run errands for us, nothing personal I mean. But then informally , whether its dropping a cheque or picking up a bouquet at the last minute they are our face saviors! Cheers to themSmile!

Ok. Focus. 
The first two tried couldn't open the door. Girls. It wouldn't budge. There were 3 guys in there. And they try but in vain.  And then we all stop mid way in our conversations and realize we are stuck as theres some problem with the door. It wasn't that we dint know the door had a problem. The interns were given the conf room at one extreme corner. It was a makeshift arrangement for them so there were no intercom or telnets as we call them.

Anyone using the room, prior to the conf room being given to the interns, would never close the door completely shut as the door had a problem. We were in middle of the discussion earlier and hence dint take note when Ruchi, thats the punjabi kudi, had banged it shut.

Since the conf room is in a far end, the network and signals are usually pretty weak.Also, we had recently moved into the new facility and were facing network issues on most days and the IT support team was working 24/7 to fix it. We were only couple of aisles away from our work station and hence not everyone was carrying there mobile phones. I dint. Mine was left to charge at my deskLOL

2 of them had theirs and they tried calling but the reception was poor. So we wait for someone to pass by to ask for help. The conf room of course was sound proof. We banged on the other two sides of the false walls hoping people occupying the adjoining room would hear us. As it turns out there weren't anyone there that day. Weird huh!

Its 4:10 now and we are beginning to panic. We had asked the interns to not stand out in groups lest some manager spot them and take us to task. We, no, I sent them on a break. Finally a colleague walks by and we start gesticulating wildly and point to the door. He does know that the door had a problem so he tries opening it from the outside. After couple of attempts he ask one of us to try again from the inside.

Madame Ruchi, decides to test her muscle power and bingo, the door knob comes loose and breaks free. She must have pulled with all her might cause the impact had her stagger and fall back. Well she put us in the trouble first and now kicked us real deep in itWink.

We are aghast,stunned into silence one minute and in the next we all burst out laughing uncontrollably. The dude outside makes some action about getting help and runs away. We all get back to our chit chatting and teasing ,basically TP'ing. The dude is back with the security bhaiyya on duty and that champu must have came only to take a look. Clearly he dint get the keys along. So he barks into his walkie talkie and another one comes running with a bunch of keys.

Its 4:25 now and the entire staff starts slowly gathering around to witness the drama. we are like celebrities at Big Brother. We wave, fly kisses around, pose for the shutterbugs. After 10 more minutes , its evident the keys are of no help.

So they have to arrange for someone with a grill machine if not a proper locksmith. The office building was pretty new and at different levels work was still on. Our respective managers were freaking out on the loss of man hours and demanded we be rescued immediately. But oh boy! were we having fun in there with all that attention.

But there was a downside. I had taken a late lunch and guzzled about half litre of water , in fact I had carried the water bottle along and sipped all through the time we were there.And I just had to go to the washroom. And so did 2 more gals. From that point on it was no longer funny for meConfused.

Its 4:50 almost and a rugged looking middle aged heavyset man come by with some equipments. They try unscrewing the whole lock out of its place and I don't remember why but they couldn't. So they drill holes at 4 corners and cut through.

We are finally rescued at 5:10 PM.Star And the heroes welcome we got once outside was unbelievable. Ruchi and I are more of the pranksters at work so we became the butt of most of the jokes that day. Just for kicks folks whistled so hard that people from across the bay heard all the commotion and further crowd us. I was almost in tears , no not the emotional drama queen ones, I couldn't hold on any more and remember just fumbling off to the restroom.

Once I was back at my bay with my team I started laughing and the next 15 minutes I dint stop. CryI laughed so hard that tears rolled down my face prompting people to ask skeptically if i was indeed laughing.

It was 5:40 Pm and I had missed my bus back home (company transport) and the next one would be at 7:30 PM. The office was in a Tech park which is a little faraway from the city.

I had loads to do anyways. So I go back to the restroom, wash my face, go into the pantry,make myself a cup of hot chocolate, refill the water bottle and get back to my desk. Most of them had left for the day barring the ones who had their own transport. One of my team member shares a sandwich with me before leaving for the day. Asks if I need a drop to some common point. I decline and all falls quiet. Next 1 and half hour I had no clue how time flew byShocked.

The outlook pops a reminder about a con call  at 7:30 that I was supposed to attend. And it was important.Fabulous!Icing on the cake.Just what I neededOuch.

I had planned to leave early and take that call from home. The reminder was for 5 minutes before the call. I had to pack and leave in the next 5 minutes to make it to the 7:30 shuttle.If I missed that I would have to call a taxi service and they charge crazy as the Tech park was on the outskirts.
I call my  manager, explain my predicament. He says he will dial me in on my mobile phone. Thats 2 minutes downDead.

The next 3 minutes I am nothing short of a lightening. Packed up in a jiffy and ran to the lobby. None of the four lifts are at level 3 and I cant wait. So I dash to the fire exit stairways and ran as if my life depended on it.

Some stroke of luck that the fire exit opened directly to the parking lot where the shuttle was all set to leave.I had never taken that stairway before so it was a discovery. I hop onto the bus and about 15 people look at me as if they had seen a ghost. I was huffing and puffing and grunting and out of breath. The huge tote bag, the laptop, couple of documentations that I was juggling with must have made a funny sight indeed. I don't blame them.

I crashed onto a seat, far back of the bus , when my phone rang. I bundled all my stuff together, pulled them closer and took two deep breath before saying, " Hi everyone, Good evening......

In my head: "What the *%($%^ is good about this eveningAngry?

End of storyClap. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

maaneet2010

maaneet2010 Senior Member
maaneet2010
maaneet2010

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 3:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by GodHelpUs

Oye! Hoy! Yay!!! suno suno suno gaonwaalo suno.....aaj ki taaza khabar...

Just realized I am not longer a newbie..
promotion ho gaya hai... inducted to the next level...groupbie ban gayi hoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toh socha sabse pehle un sabka dhanyavaad kar doon jinhone apna time nikaalkar meri badbad padhi bhi, saraha bhi aur pyaare pyaare comments bhi kiye...

Thank you all!!!

NytNyt for nowSmile

Kangaroolations dear for being promoted to a Groupbie. Clap
maaneet2010
maaneet2010

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 4:39am | IP Logged
It was fun to read your personal experience of being locked at the make-shift conf room. I had a good laugh reading it.  We all have been in incidents related to GHSP one way or the other. There was this time when I called my boss Maan Sir (btw the boss was no where in the looks of the great Maan Singh KhuranaDead) . You can imagine how embarrassed I would have been when my boss gave me the stern stare Ouch .  I still laugh at myself thinking of the incident.  ROFL

Back to GHSP, well I was very disappointed with the tracks they showed till tuesday. Yesterdays track was so mesmerizing and touchy.  Infact I had tears in my eyes. I guess I am not the only one. I am one loyal fan of Maaneet .  I have  experienced the pain and happiness of this couple from the very beginning of the show.  The feeling is deeply etched in my heart and for years to come this couple will remain a favorite to me.  I hope the wedding scene is more dreamier and with the old charm that keeps us enchanted to watch GHSP.

It's quite sad to see a great story being spoiled with so much of melodramatic and time wasting scenes.  (no offense to anyone) .  Why did they have to show the entry of Nayantara and Brij at the same time ? Especially at the much awaited part of the show - at the dream wedding.  One at a time could have been used. Either the actors are in a hurry to leave the show or the CV's want to completely erase the old storyline and come up with a new one. Annie/Arjun - No comments. Its just "Expressionless Blah" Dead

Su, I would like you to know that the Cv's work in the MST time zone ( Medieval Time Zone - 7 days behind , during day light savings its 5 days behind IST Wacko)

Cheerio,
AJ

GodHelpUs

GodHelpUs Senior Member
GodHelpUs
GodHelpUs

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 5:47am | IP Logged
yay AJ!

Thanks for the congratulatory msgBig smile.... Aapne apne boss of Maan sir kaha!!!!...wah wah..sach mein aap MSK ki deewani ho gayi hoEmbarrassed....isme kois shaq nahi...

aaj tak jitne bhi boss mile hai mujhe sab Maan ke saath ek trait share karte hai...KhadoosLOL!!
lekin sapne mein bhi koi mere boss ko Maan khe de na main toh shock ke maare marr hi jaoongiLOL

waise aur bhi aisi bewakoofana harkatein ki hai maine jo kahin na kahin GHSp se relate kar sakti hoon. 

off the cuff i can recall one more . but will keep it short.

in my prev firm, maine apni coffee accidentally boss ke desk pe spill kar di thi...I was coming back from pantry with the coffee and was headed to my desk for which i had to pass by his cube.he asked me about some error in a report. I set my coffee down on the table and fixed the formula error for HLookUp function in excel. The macro was not running right because of that.
I turned to go, forgetting the coffee, when boss reminded of it and my knee jerk movement caused it to spill over.

He managed to rescue his laptop just in time and that also ensured the hot coffee dint make it way to the wrong placeWink..if u know what i meanTongue.

I hope to 'Babaji'  my ex boss doesn't ever get to read this or come to know of it. Unko definitely lagega maine jaanbooj ke kiya tha.

anyways, have a happy evening...looking forward to pheres today, finally!!!!

GodHelpUs Senior Member
GodHelpUs
GodHelpUs

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 3:25pm | IP Logged
Congratulations CV! 

You evoke my interest. 
You get me addicted. 
You make that an obsession. 
You kept me guessing.
You dictate my mood swings every now and then.
You keep me on tenterhooks. 
I am on the edge now. 
Don't push me.
Confused

What?? Are your afflicted with the Peter Pan syndromeOuch
You want the wise men from " Gift of Magi" descending from the heavens above complete with their  satiny robes, snow whitey ruffled feathers and silvery wands to drive home a point to you? 
The point being " Curiosity killed the crow.Dead"

Is that what it will take? Fine! Consider me one then.

Have you had your fill of seeing us audience like frogs in a well? All of us are trying to get out and see what's on the outside but we ain't going anywhere.Definitely not to any place worthwhile.
And what do you do? Kick in some sand on our faces for good measure.

Episode 176: An official confirmation on the show about the wedding.
Last I checked you aired 217th. My rational mind cant fathom any logic therein to speak of that explains the time lag in giving us a wedding. More so in the wake of your tall claims of a dream wedding.

At the expense of repeating myself...What have you gotten yourself into? A freaking time warp?

13th Jan is way past us.

The planet spun in its own axis 7 times over.
An earthquake crippled a nation.
Flash flood grounded another.
The Australian Open kicked off.
These were some of the happenings of the real world.
Clap
So as a messenger from planet Earth, its my duty to inform you folks at La La land about the daily grind of us mere mortals.

Your protagonists are deservedly the Princess Charming and his beloved the " Pari"Star. And we are chuffed to bits that they are living out a fantasy for usHeart. They are doing their bit, how about you getting off your ass and getting on with the show?

We ain't no kids mister to be handed down candies when the 3 tier Raspberry cake is nowhere in sight, also out of bound. I rebel. I refuse to cave in. Give us what we want and keep the shenanigans out. Give us the wedding and then carry on with all freaks on your showThumbs Up.

Thus spake MAGG 's recent survey reports.
Btw, MAGG = Medical Association Governing Geet 

"Its been a long wait and testing our patience can be detrimental to your TRP."
Rx: The wedding has to be executed with immediate effect for collective relief.

I have no grouse with the episode today. Went down as smooth as... for lack of imagination...ummmm..lemme think ..A smoothie. 
I reserve my rights to creativity. You at CV not having have any doesn't imply I could flaunt. No sir, I refuse to give you any further ideas. Why should I give my best when you dish out half baked Shepherd pie'sWacko? No offense vegans I am a pure veggie myself.

If you having trouble following, let me explain it in Hindi..

Ye kaun se namuraad station pe aake dono ki prem ki rail gaadi rok rakhi hai aapne? Baksh do! Chewing gum ki tarah kheench kheench kar kahani ko taar taar kar dala hai.Broken Heart Sigh!
Jo hua so hua, par baaki ka tamasha shaadi ke baad karwa lena, kisne roka hai?
Pinky, Adi, Dadi, Romeo , Tasha vagerah milkar laakh koshish kar le baat toh wahin aadhi adhuri reh gayi na.
Par ab bas. Aur nahi.. Its "jaago grahak jaago" morcha now.
"CV ki taanashahi aur dimaag se paidal harkatein nahi chalengi"

I cant think of any other naarebaazi in Hindi so plagiarizing blatantlyWink.

Ok, so I have beaten you to a pulp now and the matter to death.
Would it be of any help if I say you actually got couple of things right, up and going for you in todays episode.

I loved the bit on Maan comforting Geet over her daddy er ..ahem...the Handa issues. Now, thats a gentleman. And we don't have to look at his shoes for it,which by the way are in real danger of being stolen by his chirpy saalis tomorrow.
We can see this gentleman from miles away. How? The eyes. That speak volumes and the language of love for his Misthi.

Thats the oxford dictionary meaning for 'sizzle' and 'chemistry'. How about getting Annie and Arjun to leaf through the same..maybe then they stand a chance. Annie and Arjun define 'fizzle' and 'physics'.
Newton's law at work: Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.
The two idiots deserve each otherLOL.
Note: I am not saying Nikunj and Piyush. So, no personal attack.

Moving on the other bit which was your saving grace-Maan and Geet letting the world know in no uncertain terms their thoughts on one another.

Geet stuck to her predictable dialogs.... Prince on a white horse on a rescue mission...the damsel in distress galloping off to lands beyond the azure skies where no trouble or evil can even exist.

Maan's declaration of how the make believe world of angels have now come to mean everything to him...the larger than life becoming the life....for he has the honor of a Pari gracing his throne, ruling his heart and mind.

I was hoping there was more chutzpah to the dialogs there...something packed with a knockout punch. But you are pardoned on the following grounds.

1. Your actors rose above the shoddy script and predictable dialogs.
2. The chemistry that was built over time. For old times sake only.

While Annie and Arjun are immensely forgettable by a large part of us audience we get the sinking feeling that they are integral to your godforsaken plot and its sadist twists. And hence you wont do away with them. We are trying to make peace with that. And that's harder to do than you think.

I am off GHSP till Monday due to a tricky situation at my end.And in  all probability wont have access to internet and TV. If things work out of course I will have my say without being asked forTongue

Yet I would appreciate if you hold off the wedding till I am back. Well!! You have for so long. Another 2 days wont kill you. It sure dint kill us and we have been waiting for over 3 weeks now. That's the wisdom gained from experience speakingSmile

Do oblige.

Cheers!!
GodHelpUs.

P.S: CV, You really should see the inherent sarcasm. My IF id you nimrod!
Drop me a line with "Dear God, Help Us......" it will be construed as a plea. It's all your's for the askingWink
Question is, " Will you reach for it?"

maaneet2010

maaneet2010
maaneet2010

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 10:31pm | IP Logged
Jago Re Cvs !!!!!!!!!!Geek
GodHelpUs Senior Member
GodHelpUs
GodHelpUs

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 3:26am | IP Logged
Yay!
Per the SBB insider scoop, we can look forward to some 'pyaar bhare pal' between Geet and Maan. Awww!!!!

I had been hoping Geet's reunion with her family. In comes Daarji before the phere's and no tense moments even,only intense.Nice!!!

And Annie's heartbreak. I am trying to sympathise with the character but alas. Annie is no Geet, far from it, but her character may just end up where Geet took off from. Betrayed and deserted.

I might have been a tad harsh on CV in my previous post. Not that I am softening but get the wedding done with soon enough. Its not that we are running out of patience but stretching it at the seams will only rip the fabric apart. You need to find a way to keep it all together.

Else, Dulhe ka sehra wont be any longer suhana ( phool murjha jayenge) and dulhan ka sirf dil  hi deewana nahi akal se bhi deewani ho jayegi.
Kitna rula rahe ho bechari ko.

Agreed Maan is doing his very best to bring her every dream to life but we would still prefer no glycerine on the show.
No wonder even docs cant help beat that kind of stress which she is being put through and by extension inflicting it on the lil one.

Forget about the characters they are enacting, the actors have been looking lifeless, almost pale. Poor overworked folks. DD and GC I bow to thee. And the production unit, irrespective of the outcome you are working your butt off. Every single individual involved-A big thank you.

I look back on my career graph and recall the 14-16 hours a day back breaking schedules and a shudder runs through the spine. Its true that theres no subsitute for hard work and that it pays off some day.

In no mood to type out a profound line of thought. I simply wish there was more substance to show for the efforts being put in.

maaneet2010

Go to top