India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

A wake up call! (Page 5)

GodHelpUs Senior Member
GodHelpUs
GodHelpUs

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 8:49am | IP Logged
Busy day and couldn't catch up with IF for updates. 
Read a thread on Geet or Maan gorging on jail ki hawa in the coming episodes. Rumor or not that piqued my curiosity.

We all want a wedding and it shall happen. CV has promised that dreams to come true it and it will albeit with a twist.
Agar CV walo ne is baar shaadi nahi rachayi na, phir se expensive set, costumes, wedding related sequences ka kharcha uthana padega. Khurana construction ka toh pata nahi lekin CV ka diwala nikal jayega.

Rahi baat ki jail ki....

a.toh Geet ko uski  'nazuk halat' mein toh jail nahi bhejenge  aur na hi Maan aisa hone dega

b. nayantara aur brij dono geet ko jail kyu bhejenge, woh toh uska permanent pack up karvane ki taaq mein baithe hai. Geet tak pahunchne ke liye Maan ko raaste se hatana hai...isliye Maan hi jail jayega.

c. Arjun kanooni daav pech se khuranas par vaar karega.. Kal ke episode mein usne kaha na ki woh kuch nahi bhula hai aur woh badla bhi lega lekin galat tarike se nahi. 

Ab Maan jail jayega toh Nayantara Khurana mansion mein wapas aa jayegi. Agar uski saanth gaanth Brij ke saath hui hai th woh Geet ko brij ke hawale kar degi..dono ki mansha poori ho jayegi.

Arjun ko uski galti aur pyaar dono ka ehsaas hoga aur woh Annie ke saath milkar Maan ko chudvane ki koshish karenge.

Suna hai Maan , serial se thoda time off chahate hai apni personal life ko thoda waqt dene ke liye. Toh Maan ka gayab hone ke liye ye perfect excuse hai...

For once CV show mein Maan-Geet romance ke alava bhi kahin aur concentrate kar payenge. Mana ki the show is because of the romance, and jitna zyada zulm Maan ke absence mein hoga Geet/ Khurana's par utna zyada audience will wait with excitement for Maan to return and bash up all the baddies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, its a very positive development!!!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

maaneet2010lovetheserial

GodHelpUs Senior Member
GodHelpUs
GodHelpUs

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 9:51am | IP Logged
Super proud of CV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brilliant! Master stroke!
They have done what none on this forum could collectively even remotely second guess.
Classic "Tees Maar Khan" job!!!!

One roller coaster episode that has redefined all dimensions of the story.
Great attention to details retaining logic and all built in elements of suspense and drama.

Nayantara flicking Maan's phone to make the call
Luring Geet into a face off
Maan and co learning of Nayantara's presence at home.
Arjun 's change of heart and confessing his love to Annie.
Arjun being informed of Nayantara being at Khurana mansion.
Geet boldly and squarely showing the ugly face of truth to Nayantara.
Maan rescuing Geet and subsequently attempting to save Nayantara.
Arjun arriving at the inopportune moment to witness Nayantara's near fatal fall.
Arjun holding Maan responsible for letting go and not making an effort to save Nayantara.
Nayantara slipping into coma.
Khurana clans explanation for the accident.
Arjun now has a grudge and vendetta against the Khurana's and Maan to be specific.

With his intentions being made clear, the rumors making the rounds on SBS, of Maan making his way to jail shall materialise.

The wedding shall take place and Arjun shall file a FIR against Mann for the attempt to murder of Nayantara. And from  'saat phere' Mann shall make the long journey to 'chakki pisna'. Until Nayantara regains consciouness police will have to wait for her statement. Ofcourse Maan will be out on bail but he will be missing for some episodes to say the very least.

So the actor stating in an interview that he is taking personal time off has coincided perfectly with the show's dramatic course of events.

Brij will be around to give us some more fireworks. Lekin woh thehra dimaag se paidal. Whatever he is planning will boomerang thanks to Maan's being on the alert than ever before.
Even if he doesnt get caught, he will be lurking in the shadows to get at Geet during Maan's absence.

All bases covered CV!!! 
Your creative dept just won me over with such an interesting plot. Check and mate!!
I'll sit back, put my feet, relax and enjoy the wedding. This cant get better!!!

Yipppeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maaneet2010lovetheserial

GodHelpUs Senior Member
GodHelpUs
GodHelpUs

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 12:17pm | IP Logged

Undoubtedly, bloopers and loopholes one too many....For the sake of discussion, however,I am making the below presumptions.

They show Maan coming out, wiping his face with a towel, and putting on his watch. So its obvious he is back from washroom. Hence Nayantara manage to flick the phone, comes across Geet's number and calls her.

Maan dint like the 'i love u maan' ringotne Geet had mischeviously set for him and hence changed it before heading for the bachelors party. Why? should Geet call him, it would have killed his chances with the hot girls moving on the dance floor.

All of security staff monitoring CC tv's are sniffing chloroform. If not on their own then Nayantara esnured they did.
Assuming Maan hadnt notified security of Nayantara earlier, he could have done that as soon as he got the news. Assuming he did, the time lag between launching a search and finally spotting Nayantara is pretty narrow.
Besides, all Khurana's are busy enjoying haldi and none have time to catch up with security for updates. Their supposed ghost relatives have no idea of Nayantara kisse and karnaame so even if they see her they wont complain.

Look at the probability, chahe Maan dhoonde ya security baat toh ek hi hui na, waqt rehte Geet ko bacha liya, CV ke PoV se woh zyada zaroori hai.aur humare liye bhi.

Maan manages to sneak upon Nayantara without being detected. In the long shot, there's no one on the stairs. But next moment Maan deflects the pistols angle and the gun flies out of Nayantara's hands. Convenient!

The lightening speed at which Maan makes it to the top, dint Geet or Nayantara hear his footsteps? That man must be charging like a bull let loose.Or like the audience, they too are enjoying the background score in their heads?

On Star one , GHSP is followed by "Rang badalti odhni"...on this show however, its Rang badalta Arjun.....

In sab ke bawajood CV ko credit dena padega. Pehli bhi bahut bewakoofiyaan hui hai, ho bhi rahi hai aur hoti rahengi. They are here to stay. So, we shall have to learn to live with that, digging our heads into the sand, every once in a while.

Even if it feels like just another saas bahu show right now, take heart, Maan will be back soon and CV will wind the story right back to Geet-Maan.
Its their bread and butter. Their ticket to soaring TRP's. CV cant afford to stray that far, can they?

Todays episode proved the creative dept is not actually sleeping. No matter how wild and exasperating they still have come up with out of box ideas.

maaneet2010lovetheserial

maaneet2010 Senior Member
maaneet2010
maaneet2010

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 12:43pm | IP Logged
ROFL)
Originally posted by GodHelpUs

Undoubtedly, bloopers and loopholes one too many....For the sake of discussion, however,I am making the below presumptions.

They show Maan coming out, wiping his face with a towel, and putting on his watch. So its obvious he is back from washroom. Hence Nayantara manage to flick the phone, comes across Geet's number and calls her.

Maan dint like the 'i love u maan' ringotne Geet had mischeviously set for him and hence changed it before heading for the bachelors party. Why? should Geet call him, it would have killed his chances with the hot girls moving on the dance floor.

All of security staff monitoring CC tv's are sniffing chloroform. If not on their own then Nayantara esnured they did.
Assuming Maan hadnt notified security of Nayantara earlier, he could have done that as soon as he got the news. Assuming he did, the time lag between launching a search and finally spotting Nayantara is pretty narrow.
Besides, all Khurana's are busy enjoying haldi and none have time to catch up with security for updates. Their supposed ghost relatives have no idea of Nayantara kisse and karnaame so even if they see her they wont complain.

Look at the probability, chahe Maan dhoonde ya security baat toh ek hi hui na, waqt rehte Geet ko bacha liya, CV ke PoV se woh zyada zaroori hai.aur humare liye bhi.

Maan manages to sneak upon Nayantara without being detected. In the long shot, there's no one on the stairs. But next moment Maan deflects the pistols angle and the gun flies out of Nayantara's hands. Convenient!

The lightening speed at which Maan makes it to the top, dint Geet or Nayantara hear his footsteps? That man must be charging like a bull let loose.Or like the audience, they too are enjoying the background score in their heads?

On Star one , GHSP is followed by "Rang badalti odhni"...on this show however, its Rang badalta Arjun.....

In sab ke bawajood CV ko credit dena padega. Pehli bhi bahut bewakoofiyaan hui hai, ho bhi rahi hai aur hoti rahengi. They are here to stay. So, we shall have to learn to live with that, digging our heads into the sand, every once in a while.

Even if it feels like just another saas bahu show right now, take heart, Maan will be back soon and CV will wind the story right back to Geet-Maan.
Its their bread and butter. Their ticket to soaring TRP's. CV cant afford to stray that far, can they?

Todays episode proved the creative dept is not actually sleeping. No matter how wild and exasperating they still have come up with out of box ideas.

Hello dear , Haapy new year Tongue . Just saw all your posts . love ur writing style...its just amazing . Star . 

By the way , Maan Singh Khurana is Ranjini kanth's brother (err cousin ...someone mentioned so somewhr WinkWink ... ) its no wonder that he popped  out of nowhere and sprang on Nainon ka Tara .ROFLROFL

TEES MAAN KHAN LOL

Cheers,
AJ 

Edited by maaneet2010 - 14 January 2011 at 12:45pm
GodHelpUs Senior Member
GodHelpUs
GodHelpUs

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 4:57am | IP Logged
Dear IF fans of GHSP,

It was with much regret that I noted the vicious verbal assault launched on CV and the actors of the show by a certain section of the audience.

And am incited almost provoked into writing this post.Whilst I am a relatively new add on to the forum, I was taken aback by the razor edged criticism and sheer negative talks doing the rounds by long standing GHSP followers.

With due respects to their sentiments, I am unable to fathom the furore over yesterday's episode and the turn of events for the show.

It's a fictional story. A daily soap. In our adoration for the show/ actors and characters, there seem to be a disconnect with reality. 

If GC is indeed taking personal time off and CV has worked around the story to accommodate the actor's request, as audience can we not let our love for the show to extend to individuals and see reason in it?

Maan is the character.
GC the actor. 
The actor a human being. 
Like you and I.

Bear with me as I outline a little bit about myself.

I am a working professional and been a part of the corporate world for 7 long years. My experience spanning from small firms, MNC's, BPO's and the likes through the highs and lows of economics in various capacities and traveled the world over.

Barring medical leaves I have never been on a vacation or break from work in a decade now. That was a personal choice. My idea of recharging my batteries, that periodically die out of exhaustion and work pressures, is writing, reading, spending time with family and I am content to buzz off to work  each Monday with the same zest that I started off my first day of work with.

Now, why am I harping on that? 

I have been a workaholic by choice, averaging 12-14 hrs each day for & years. All around me colleagues, periodically took time out to let the steam off elsewhere, anywhere but the work place ranging from a day or two to a week. And they come back rejuvenated, ready to take on the daily grind.

Thats their idea of recharging. Just because my way of balancing work and life is different from theirs,it does not make them any wrong or me any correct.

In the corporate world, backing up for one another at work place is called, the business continuity plan ( BCP). 
You are out sick.
You have a pressing situation in your personal life.
You have a nervous breakdown. Reason could be any.
So you have people pitching in to help one another to ensure work is not affected and no client/ stakeholder is complaining due to such an absence of workforce.

How is Gurmeet Choudhary any different from one of us then?
He is not entitled to make room for his personal life because is a wildly, widely popular actor? 
And CV is wrong in making room for its cast and crew by acknowledging that they have a life beyond the show?

I read up articles on and interviews by the actor. He has struggled and worked his way up the hard way to get where we see him now. Do his fans and detractors alike not realize the competition and pressures of being in show biz as also in the public eye for as long as he has? Does Gurmeet himself not know how difficult the journey has been? Surely,he must value it enough. So, why are people jumping in the bandwagon by the droves in condemning GC?

On this forum and on FB, GC has been singled out for being unprofessional.
When my colleagues take off to spend time with family to beat the stress, that does not automatically spell  unprofessional ism.
Likewise, when I am in need for a day or two away from work out of pure saturation,  am not labelled unprofessional. We put in few more hours and go to some troubles to keep the business up and running without complaining. OK, we do crib but thats all talk.Don't mean it.
Why?

Because, your team, the company, the management, the internal and external stakeholders see your value and acknowledge your abilities.

Not long ago, I was part of a transition team that worked on setting up a business model. That required us team of 5 to put in 18 hours a day for 6 excruciatingly long months in health and in sickness. There were times when at least 2 of us worked through the night in raging fever. Eventually it all worked out. The success we saw and the appreciation that followed made it all seem worth it.

Is this kind of stress and effort any different for actors of entertainment industry? I came across GC's blog and learnt he was taken ill  few months ago and during his absence the show suffered to some extent with the TRP's plummeting. GC wasn't exactly on a vacation, was he? And if then CV had to put together in haste a plan of action, why the outrage?

That resolved, what's with the hard time being dealt to CV?

All of us at the forum, discussing and venting frustration in strong words, needn't be as unreasonable and quick in being dismissive of way CV is handling the story.
We all have dedicated threads to what should happen next and we are second guessing based on rumors, news leaks, SBS and other sources with each passing minute.
Why? Because of our love for the show. For the actors/ characters.Thats perfectly understandable and rational. What the heck, so am I?

But, we feel cheated when things do not turn out as we wish it to be or when the episode doesn't live up to our expectations.
If thats not juvenile, what is? Why are we letting our ideas of how the show should progress cloud our sense of judgement and fairness.

No one at CV held us at gun point to watch the show and likewise they aren't asking anyone to continue if they do not like the show anymore.We can agree to disagree, can't we?

There is no need to get personal here. Be it Maan, Annie, Arjun, Nayantara , the script writers, creative team of GHSP. Airing dissent is one thing and trashing someone in a public forum like this is entirely different thing. And there is a thin line of distinction there.

In a short span of time I have turned into a GHSP addict. My obsession for the show however doesn't prevent me from seeing the actors as just another individual doing their job and earning their living.
But thats just me.

Now, the story of GHSP. 

Its a fact and for a given- one which we have resigned ourselves to is -that the show has a million flaws : logical and technical ones. 
And now those of casting too. 
Nikunj as Annie has received such backlash that drives the final nail in the coffin as far as her acting abilities are concerned.
Agreed, If CV had to bring in a new character as Maan's sister, they should have used a seasoned actor or an adept newcomer. But we all make mistakes, don't we.

How many of us are aware that Nikunj is highly educated and intelligent enough to make it to IIM Ahmedabad for a doctoral program. That she wished to venture into telly world and try her hands at acting is such a grave sin that folks on FB and IF are writing hate mails to CV?

If CV dont give her enough airtime on the show how will the audience ever connect?Acceptance wont happen overnight, right?GHSP cant run with 30 minutes of Geet and Maan only. They need supporting cast. And they need to be accepted just as the lead pair even if with a pinch of salt.

She is the possibly the worst actor on GHSP as of now and the weakest link. So?? She will learn with the passage of time. Give her that leeway. Are we trying to say here that every actor in telly world and the big screen was brilliant from day one?
No .They all learn, evolve, mature. Those who don't are weeded out eventually. The not so good ones get sieved out in the process. If she doesn't get better she will be on her way out soon. Simple.

The story is at a juncture where CV has promised us a dream.Painted a picture so beautiful for us that we refuse to wish beyond this make believe.
We are so passionately cheering for Geet and Maan that every single twist in the plot that takes away from the lead pair is being interpreted as hurting our sentiments.

CV has to further the story of its most popular show. They cannot afford to or even dream of putting its prospects in jeopardy , would they? Their writers must be tearing their hair apart in desperation as well. CV has been in business of entertainment for long enough to know that.

We are the all powerful audience but do we have the know how of the way the industry functions?The economics and tactics needed to survive there in? The cut throat competition, the TRP rat race, logistics involved in 24/7 shooting, talent management and not to mention the finances?

The greater the tragedies in a love story the better. Why? Because they make history. Why is that Romeo-Julient, Heer Ranjha, Sohni-Mahiwal have stood the test of time? Why don't all the love birds on earth get such due? Is their love any less? They sentiments any shallow? NO.

Its human psyche to root for the underdog. To perceive that greater the battles fought make for greater glory.

So if Maan is out of the story as of now for whatever prison time, the troubles for Khurana's will increase manifold. CV can explore and sketch a whole new side to Maan's character. As an actor it would be great for GC to flex his muscles. 
Now,thats perfect recipe for a comeback, isn't it? A return the audience will wait with tense moments.In the meantime there are lots of loose ends in the story that CV has to tie up. Its a win win for all!!

So why jump the guns? Put your thinking caps on. Hold you horses.CV will work back its way to Geet-Maan love story. They don't have a choice with that. Instead of berating the course of events and relegating GHSP to yet another run of the mill, Ekta Kapoor  standards for daily soap, why not look at a radical spin to the ongoings. And on a positive note.

God forbid, CV's do not come up with better solutions and get their act together in times to come, they will have no one but themselves to blame.
Whats worse for a daily soap than to be pulled off air forcibly because the audience interest has dwindled?

Here wishing GHSP doesn't end up there. Amen!

maaneet2010lovetheserial

GodHelpUs Senior Member
GodHelpUs
GodHelpUs

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 1:20pm | IP Logged
Lukewarm.

That sums up today's episode for me.

Maan and Geet having their doubts on going ahead with the wedding when such a dreadful incident has cast its ugly shadow over the proceedings.

Geet's innate sense of fairness is preventing her from enjoying and celebrating when Arjun is in such grief. 
(Even yest's episode, when Geet speaks to Arjun outside the ICU, it was with so much sincerity that even Arjun cant deny. He would never harm her directly but sadly he cant help dealing a massive blow to Maan.)

Dadima helping to put things in perspective and asking the two to try and enjoy their wedding and not play into Nayantara's hands by calling off the wedding.
(Also building credibility by specifying about which parlor she has made the bookings at, the CP area being out of bounds due to a dignitary visit so on and so forth).

Annie behaving irrationally like most would at her age especially when they are in the throes of their first love .

(Pehle ki kaunsi Einstein wali trait display ki, jo ab kuch expect karein.Khair. CV agar aisa na karein toh Arjun  " Oh-I just cant find my
 freaking- brains- No-Wait-I-never-had-one" bimbette ka istemaal kaise kar payega, apne naapaak iraado mein kaamyab kaise ho payega.)

Maan and Geet's conversation was kinda moving.

Both want each other to be happy. Wanting to put each other before themselves.Geet doesnt want to be the cause of worry for Maan. Thats selfless love. You just don't want to see the person you love in a troubled state. Worse still if its you who is causing that.

And she says, " Main aapko khushi toh nahi de sakti....."

(This she has stated often enough on the show. She is forever harping on how she doesn't wish to impose upon Maan and his whole hearted acceptance of her " uljhi hui life" has elevated him in her eyes.Hence the near god like reverence with which she loves him.)

The scene ends with
Maan: Accha suno tum dono jaldi wapas aa jana.
Awww!!!Very heartwarming.

Arjun resolving to avenge his sister's plight. The cry baby act he pulls off with Annie. Nothing worthwhile to mention.
Maan calling Annie, asking her of Geet's whereabouts ...Routine.

Doubt: 
Geet is told everyone's left by the parlor staff. So?
Isn't she aware how worked up Maan will be if he cant reach her? She could make a call from the parlor and inform Maan. Surely no parlor would deny her a phone call. Or does she not remember Maan's number? Residence no.? Annie's no.? Office no.? She was a secretary. And usually they would commit if not all some important numbers to memory.

I don't think any one in the world would mind to hail a taxi/cab for the bride in such a situation. And why dint Maan or Dadima call Ragini Parlor. If they dint have the #, call just dial or look through the directory.

The pre cap has Brij making his way past the guests at Khurana mansion within arms reach of Dadima.  
CV, really? 
Dint Maan take the security to task for the Nayantara fiasco? Or are they still are knocked out of their senses sniffing on chloroform?

(Vaise security firm ka boss apne defence mein kahega, " Mr Khurana aapne Nayantara ke upar lagaye saare ilzaam aur court restraint order toh hata diye the na.
Aur humko photo bhi nahi dikhaya.Hum kya karte?
Upar terrace mein stunt karne ke baad humein ittalaah bhi nahi ki. Mauka-e-vardaat pe hote toh kam se kam gun retrieve karte".)

Despite the little hiccups , am sure Geet will make it on time for the muhurat. The promos had Annie tying sehra on Maan. So she would be there too.
Would be interesting to see how the bird brained will extricate herself out of the situation with Arjun. 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following is pure pun. Annie fans sorry but I cant resist taking a dig.

Bhai ne usse ' irresponsible' kaha. Bhadke hue hai.
Geet ko chhod aayi hai aur update bhi nahi liya ki woh kya kar rahi hai, kum se kum parlor walo se toh pooch leti. 
Arjun ko lekar toh bhai hamesha khunnas mein rehta hai ye bhi pata hai.

Normally agar kisiki peet peech hum koi tikadambaazi karte hai toh hum koshish karte hai ki bhaanda na phoot jaaye aur thoda sambhal kar rehte hai. 
Par nahi, aisa kuch karti toh saari duniya ke samne saabit ho jaata ki bhagwan ne usse akal bakshi hai.
Nahi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ye use kaise gavara ho???? 
Woh toh jeeti jaagti misaal banna chahati hai, ki koi insaan bina dimaag ke bhi zindagi jee sakta hai.
Uska tie up hai, Harvard medical school se. GHSP mein entry maarne se pehle wahi thi.A subject of research.Isliye toh Khurana mansion mein nahi rethi thi. Delhi ke saare universities mein itni ability kahan jo Annie naam ki puzzle ko suljha sake. isliye Jab Harvard ne offer kiya toh Khurana ne uska samaan baandh ke usse wahan bhej diya. Ab roz roz itni zyadati kaun jhele. Harvard ko hi mubarak ho.

Infact CV ne usse campus recruitment mein hire kiya tha.Not that she had competition.
Isliye nahi kyunki usse acting nahi aati, woh toh Chandrachoor Singh ko bhi nahi aati thi.
Kya hai ki CV ko namune ki talaash thi. Jo Annie par aakar khatam hui.

Vaise ,Annie ka naya naam socha hai  ' Chirkut'.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Needless to say amidst it all ,Maan looked dapper and Geet stunning. Even Annie had an interesting outfit on - a fusion of lehenga and saree.

Ain't motivated enough to think of what happens next. Maybe my spirits are dampened and subdued thanks to an outburst earlier on the day.

Maybe its only right that we let CV to surprise us.We simply wasting energy when they have well paid writers for it.

The whole week has been full of promises , of stars and Alice in wonderland, of fairy tales.....
But CV fell woefully short and managed to live up to the hype they created in bits and pieces. Honestly, it wasn't all that bad.Just get into damage control mode for better results.

Hoping they settle scores in the coming week. 

maaneet2010Murlal

dreamymaan Groupbie
dreamymaan
dreamymaan

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 1:42pm | IP Logged
well said....Thumbs Up
GodHelpUs Senior Member
GodHelpUs
GodHelpUs

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 1:28pm | IP Logged

A day spent visiting hospital

and chasing the docs,

oh! The crowd out there.

few had viral, and

some caught the pox.

thanks to flu ,and ,

winter blue (s).

See that rhymes!!

And in between those laboriously long waiting minutes that stretch to hours, got into a retrospective mode.

Mmm?Just maybe, I have been looking at it all from one end of the polygon only. Oflate,too much thought and effort went into pre supposing every scene, every move, every expression, and every dialog in the last 12 episodes.

We not only dissected each episode with disdain but also went wild with predictions on the forthcoming ones.

There have been several threads dedicated to a lot of questions that went unanswered on the show and several potentially good segments that could have evolved in GHSP.

I am trying to put it all together to the best of my knowledge, comprehensive and exhaustive.

While I am aware of such discussion having been made earlier, I haven't read through them all. Anyone reading this is free to correct, disagree or advise me so in future I don't speak out of half baked knowledge.
(Yes .We know that's worse than no knowledge). 

I have been brooding all day long so this will turn really long.You may wanna grab a cuppa coffeeWink

Hence I will be sharing my ramblings, part by part. 

Part A

Aspect 1

Exit of characters.

Its common knowledge GC and DD are the spine of GHSP. They make it work. Like Sachin Tendulkar, A one man army battling it to the end.

Together, they spell magic,they see through shoddy scripting, bloopers et al.

That settled. What about the others? 

Characters are free to breeze in and out at the drop of a hat at CV's whims and fancies?  

Tasha has quit GHSP. We never saw a closure to that.

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/8624-kanika-maheshwari-in-fir.htm

Isn't  she Munim jis daughter? The same Munim ji who was assisting Maan at Hoshiyarpur with the land deal?

Dev quit GHSP. (or in the process of it)

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/8327-abhinav-shukla-to-quit-geet-hui-sabse-parayi.htm

Last I checked, Dev left Delhi to track his wife down. So , he aint imprisoned?If he is scot free and keeping tabs on Nayantara, why dint he follow her to Khurana mansion and prevent all the needless drama.

Meera too was planning on quitting. Why?

Because there was no proper sketch for Dev's role. So she is packed off to wherever she came from. Logical? Duh-huh!

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/8327-abhinav-shukla-to-quit-geet-hui-sabse-parayi.htm

That's three loose ends.

Should audience wait forever to know if they will pop out of nowhere in the near future should the CV not come up with right 'masala' for their script?

Aspect 2

Entry of characters.

Between 50-200 episodes take a count of the new characters introduced on the show. The show is about the mainstay Geet and Maan , yes, but the supporting cast is dynamic. Which has, in my opinion, diluted the essence of the show.

All new faces are demands of the script but every time CV introduce new characters the audience will take time building a rapport. Its like Ekta's K series.

Keep adding characters to the kitty and swell the size of the big fat happy family.One can never be sure of that, can we? 

Pari, Jay Bhanushali's character, Manisha, Pandey ji, Romeo , Pindi Queen, D'Mello's and leading the worst of the pack are "Annie and Arjun".

Aspect 3

Ghost characters

Who is Sameera?

Geet comes clean about her past to Maan. So when will Maan do the same? Maan claims the foundation of their relation are Truth and trust, doesn't he? Is he waiting for Geet to ask or his past to show up or whichever happens first? 

Or maybe when CV exhaust all their ideas, that will be an excuse for Sameera making a sudden entry as the blast from the past and Geet's 'souten'.

Whether it will be negative or positive, that will send the TRP's soaring.So that's CV's trump card for times when they hit the doldrums creativity wise?

And this was rumored as of August last year.

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/7364-mouni-roy-steps-in-as-maan-past-in-geet.htm

How long should audience wait so we can understand what made MSK -The terror tick? The tyrant personified that he was before meeting Geet?

Who is Vicky?

Infact, someone please put things in perspective. Share a thread or info on the Khurana family tree. Are Maan and Dev/Annie/Vicky/Kamya step siblings?Not once is there a mention of the parents of any of the third generation.
What happened to them? Why is the family not together?

At this rate, tomorrow if a fifth sister or brother of Maan are introduced to the show, we audience will have to accept them just as Annie. That's the best way CV can think of accommodating a twist eh?

Here's ending part 1 which primarily deals with the 'people' on the show.Part 2 will throw light on the 'meandering story/script of GHSP.

May I request, those reading this post to not see this as an attempt to malign CV.I am seeking an explanation so as a rational individual I can see and make sense of the proceedings. 

If series/episode director had to make a " Kahani Geet ki" they would have sought employment at Balaji telefilms. Since that's clearly not the case and Star One has proved that they are better off making youth oriented, fun filled daily soap, I trust in GHSP to not lose sight of their vision and switch lanes with Saas-bahu-saazish style soaps for the sake of TRPs.

Remix, DMG, MJHT,PKYEK,MDLH are examples that Star one doesn't kowtow to Ekta's school of thought for Television.

That's brings me to just one last question before I sign off.

Today whilst flipping channels , when Koffee with Karan took ad breaks, I came across Telly awards ceremony. And couple of days ago there was a show with ensemble cast performing presumably for new year. A coup of sorts. Why is that none of the actors of  Star One shows feature in them? I have never read/seen/heard in any form of media StarOne actors or the shows winning awards? Is StarOne not part of Star fraternity? Or is there an exclusive award?

Excuse my ignorance but I haven't followed TV much. Infact never. Not until GHSP. So IF members could enlighten me.

Edited by GodHelpUs - 16 January 2011 at 1:35pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

maaneet2010

Go to top