Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Salsa, Latino in Bollywood? (Page 5)

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 2:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sweet coco

Originally posted by CZ..

^Ash is a good dancer, but doesn't match up to madhuri, IMO. she's all over the place and doesn't have the grace to pull off a classical number. she was much better in Krazy kiya re, though - she seemed more comfortable in that song.

she's good at somewhat folk dances too. nimbooda and dhol baaje from HDDCS were two of her best performances. 
I think Aishu doesn't have the same level of expression as madhuri, but I think she's def graceful! There's a natural sway to her and her moments....Mera Mahi, Kehta Hai Mera Yeh Dil, UJ dances, Kajra Re show that's she very graceful! And she can also do complex and intricate steps beautifully like in Naina Miley or Krazy Kiya re! But I think she did a fantastic job with expressions in barso re and chann ke mohalla! But usually she's pretty good...def not as fantastic as madhuri, but still one of the finer dancers!

I LOVED Aish's dance in Mera Mahi Bada Sona HaiEmbarrassed

eraser IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 2:05pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

U-No-Pooruky786

ibelieveinpink IF-Stunnerz
ibelieveinpink
ibelieveinpink

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 2:05pm | IP Logged

on a side note, I feel the 'classical' forms of any country are written off as outdated nowadays. ballet is one of the oldest dance forms in the world and might just be the most underrated one too. 
agree, but I'm glad lyrical ballet is taking off again ever since SYTYCD got so popular!

yea, modern forms of ballet are being accepted a lot more Big smile in the same way, even the 'modern' Indian classical dances are 'in' nowadays. fusion being one of the most sought after forms, contemporary versions of kathak, bharatnatyam, chhau, odissi etc are also coming into the picture. I feel people now want to go a little easy on the 'technique' bit and focus more on the 'feel' part of dance. the strict technique does take away a lot of focus and energy - that's how contemporary evolved, it's more about the feel than the technique. 
I like fusion though, but some ppl find it disrespectful! And I agree about your analysis of the technique and performance....I think it should be balanced, but I think the focus has shifted away from technique greatly!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

U-No-Poo

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 2:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by eraser

Originally posted by ruky786

Originally posted by eraser

Originally posted by ruky786

I loved Maar Dala, Kahe Chod and Dola Re great dance from Madhuri

Me too. I can watch those dances forever. Seriously I don't think ANYONE can dance like her (except for Aishwarya). Watching those two in Dola re Dole was heaven.

These days it's just fake wannabe dances with either hips shaking or boobs jiggling . Bores me to death Thumbs Down

Shake that booty, ROFL and yh the boobs jiggling ROFL you are hilarious and when the heroine moves her chest up and down ROFL with the "groaning noise"

LOL at the groaning noise. See, I don't mind if they jiggle their boobs or shake their hips but if that's the ONLY thing they're doing (all dancing these days), then that becomes a problem. Like Madhuri in choli ke peechay, there was lots of boob dance in there but Madhuri used every muscle in her body for that dance Shocked. I mean how good was that! I can watch that dance for ages,  thats how brilliant she was.

Choli Ke Peeche was FANTASTIC Madhuri was brilliant she was superb

ibelieveinpink

U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 2:07pm | IP Logged

^Ash is a good dancer, but doesn't match up to madhuri, IMO. she's all over the place and doesn't have the grace to pull off a classical number. she was much better in Krazy kiya re, though - she seemed more comfortable in that song.

she's good at somewhat folk dances too. nimbooda and dhol baaje from HDDCS were two of her best performances. 
I think Aishu doesn't have the same level of expression as madhuri, but I think she's def graceful! There's a natural sway to her and her moments....Mera Mahi, Kehta Hai Mera Yeh Dil, UJ dances, Kajra Re show that's she very graceful! And she can also do complex and intricate steps beautifully like in Naina Miley or Krazy Kiya re! But I think she did a fantastic job with expressions in barso re and chann ke mohalla! But usually she's pretty good...def not as fantastic as madhuri, but still one of the finer dancers!

she's definitely better than a lot of so called dancers in the industry, but there's still a lot of difference between her and madhuri. like madz says all the time, it's not just the body dancing, it's the soul and it should show on the face as well. I think that's what ash lacks. it's not about steps - she can learn and do those quite well. madz has an edge because she becomes the song, you know?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

eraseribelieveinpink

U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 2:09pm | IP Logged
btw, who thinks gracy singh is an amazing dancer too? remember radha kaise na jale from lagaan? 

Abbyviv

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 2:11pm | IP Logged

she's definitely better than a lot of so called dancers in the industry, but there's still a lot of difference between her and madhuri. like madz says all the time, it's not just the body dancing, it's the soul and it should show on the face as well. I think that's what ash lacks. it's not about steps - she can learn and do those quite well. madz has an edge because she becomes the song, you know?

yh you just have that sense that Madhuri just lives the song with so much feeling
ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 2:11pm | IP Logged

btw, who thinks gracy singh is an amazing dancer too? remember radha kaise na jale from lagaan? 

I liked her in Lagaan her dancing was good but sadly her career sank

Go to top