Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Salsa, Latino in Bollywood? (Page 3)

U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 1:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sweet coco

100% agree!!! I'll learned Bhartnatyam, tap, and ballet and all are equally difficult....plus the steps, posture, and gestures are so different!!!

But I think ppl find western more "cool" and exciting, but for me traditional Indian dances are just as interesting, but the taste of the newer generation is changing!

Def agree with the last statement...the last traditional dance I saw that mesmerized me was  probably "Dola re"....so beautiful, graceful, interesting, and so up beat!! Loved it and I hope we can get more of that kind of dancing back!

I think every individual has a right to like whatever they want. but of course, the current generation likes to mimic the west simply because they think it's cooler and more 'modern'. 

I think kaahe chhed mohe was a beautiful dance piece. of course with madhuri taking the lead you cannot expect any less but that song was simply outstanding. did you know birju maharaj himself led a helping hand for the song?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Nuktaacheenruky786

U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 1:42pm | IP Logged
on a side note, I feel the 'classical' forms of any country are written off as outdated nowadays. ballet is one of the oldest dance forms in the world and might just be the most underrated one too. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Abbyviv

ibelieveinpink IF-Stunnerz
ibelieveinpink
ibelieveinpink

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 1:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by CZ..

100% agree!!! I'll learned Bhartnatyam, tap, and ballet and all are equally difficult....plus the steps, posture, and gestures are so different!!!

But I think ppl find western more "cool" and exciting, but for me traditional Indian dances are just as interesting, but the taste of the newer generation is changing!

Def agree with the last statement...the last traditional dance I saw that mesmerized me was  probably "Dola re"....so beautiful, graceful, interesting, and so up beat!! Loved it and I hope we can get more of that kind of dancing back!

I think every individual has a right to like whatever they want. but of course, the current generation likes to mimic the west simply because they think it's cooler and more 'modern'. 

I think kaahe chhed mohe was a beautiful dance piece. of course with madhuri taking the lead you cannot expect any less but that song was simply outstanding. did you know birju maharaj himself led a helping hand for the song?
Wow! Birju maharaj...NICE!!! I don't think there anyone in the newer lead actresses that can dance like Madhuri, Helen, or Rekha....I personally don't think this generation of actresses have the same level of musical talent that previous generations did....Hrithik and Shahid are good, but more and more ppl are turning to item numbers!! It would be refreshing to see actresses break into some traditional once in awhile like Vidya in Bhool Bulaiya! But it's okay but I love all dance forms, but still a few classical dances would be nice!

ruky786

ibelieveinpink IF-Stunnerz
ibelieveinpink
ibelieveinpink

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 1:45pm | IP Logged

on a side note, I feel the 'classical' forms of any country are written off as outdated nowadays. ballet is one of the oldest dance forms in the world and might just be the most underrated one too. 
agree, but I'm glad lyrical ballet is taking off again ever since SYTYCD got so popular!

U-No-Poo

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 1:46pm | IP Logged
I loved Maar Dala, Kahe Chod and Dola Re great dance from Madhuri

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

AbbyvivU-No-Pooeraser

U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 1:48pm | IP Logged

Wow! Birju maharaj...NICE!!! I don't think there anyone in the newer lead actresses that can dance like Madhuri, Helen, or Rekha....I personally don't think this generation of actresses have the same level of musical talent that previous generations did....Hrithik and Shahid are good, but more and more ppl are turning to item numbers!! It would be refreshing to see actresses break into some traditional once in awhile like Vidya in Bhool Bulaiya! But it's okay but I love all dance forms, but still a few classical dances would be nice!

you're quite right. the focus has shifted from 'expressing' to woo the audience, to 'exposing' to garner publicity LOL 

eraserruky786

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 1:50pm | IP Logged

you're quite right. the focus has shifted from 'expressing' to woo the audience, to 'exposing' to garner publicity LOL 

Malika Sherawat is one of them who exposes a lot. Malaika Khan has aswell and of course the bindaas snake Rakhi Sawant
U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 1:54pm | IP Logged

agree, but I'm glad lyrical ballet is taking off again ever since SYTYCD got so popular!

yea, modern forms of ballet are being accepted a lot more Big smile in the same way, even the 'modern' Indian classical dances are 'in' nowadays. fusion being one of the most sought after forms, contemporary versions of kathak, bharatnatyam, chhau, odissi etc are also coming into the picture. I feel people now want to go a little easy on the 'technique' bit and focus more on the 'feel' part of dance. the strict technique does take away a lot of focus and energy - that's how contemporary evolved, it's more about the feel than the technique. 

ruky786ibelieveinpink

Go to top