In Mishal Raheja's Defense (Page 8)

-Carrie- IF-Rockerz
-Carrie-
-Carrie-

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 7:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by make-believe

Originally posted by *dewdrop~pearl*

for giving his 100% sincere and dedicated performance to LTL always

Any disappointment I've felt because of what has happened may have fallen on MR's head but for this one line above that eradicates any such thought for me --- as an actor, for the work he has done and the unrelenting dedication he has brought to every single moment and second of his time on screen in this show, I tremendously appreciate him and cannot undo or overlook any part of it just because he has made a certain decision with regards to his professional life. And even if MR's decision isn't one that leads him to success in Bollywood or wherever he plans, I will not spite him or respect his acting abilities any less or it. Another one of my favourite actors (Manoj Bohra) has been in the same quest for a couple of years now without any results, but I don't ever begrudge or discredit him for it...all I can do is sigh, complain now and then, and eventually wish the best for him. So same is the case with MR...his talent has earned my respect and I hope that it is utilized to the best of its extent in whatever he does.

Originally posted by *dewdrop~pearl*

I respect your opinion and your reasons....I can really understand how bad you are feeling as even I'm feeling that way. But we cant change any system - thats the way TV industry and Bollywood works, whether we like it or not. So the only thing we can do as audience is to be sensible enough to understand these dynamics and not get over attached to any show or celebrity. We shouldnt spoil our moods or fun because of all this as the reason we are hooked on to them itself is entertainment. So lets just be objective and enjoy such shows for what it is - entertainment Smile

And I absolutely loved what you said here, Aparna, because it's so very true...every part of it, from the fact that we can't change this system because it is a business after all (we can hope for people who are in it for creativity and umeed par hi toh duniya kayim hai na? :P) to the point that this is only meant to be entertainment...yeah, we get really attached and feel hurt, but at the end of the day, weigh it against other things in life that really matter, and remember that the reason you were watching this (or any other) show in the first place was because it made you happy, kept you entertained, took away some stress, etc. Don't let it become the means of stress ulta hi LOL Just like in LTL, Dutta faced numerous betrayals and so much pain, yet each time he hoped once more, he tried to move on, he let himself feel, to be happy again...that is life...there were the high points (all the goodness that came to him from Nakku's friendship and guidance in his life) and the low points, yet the high points were worth it all and what really mattered Smile Remember and hold on to the good parts of the journey that LTL gave you, as it was meant to be for entertainment, and maybe that will help release some of the disappointment and heartache!
Totally loved what you said here,MB.Clap Huge APPLAUSE.
For his one decision to further his career I'm not going to disregard the blood,sweat & tears shed during the past year.Each performance was top notch & nothing short of exlempary. He came to entertain & he did that giving 110 %. He very clearly said to Nimmo he'd be doing the show for "a few months".Which has turned out true.Here is a very honest & professinal person.Let's not give him such a bitter send off when he has given his fans so much for more than  a year.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

*dewdrop~pearl*

ImmaculateDream IF-Sizzlerz
ImmaculateDream
ImmaculateDream

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 8:00pm | IP Logged
I have a  question from those who are speaking in defense of Mishal/ Actors, Where does a viewer stand ? If one is interested in the story/Characters 
and had been following the show from the beginning and had been patient till  now and just because of his ambitions A viewer  give up  a Show  to which he/she has been connected for a year  ?? What abt us?? its us who are suffering and still u guys want to Stand up for him and applaud... Many ppl are taking Rajeev's name here .. Rajeev stayed there for 2 years! he left because of his creative differences with Ekta/ creative team ..and i was among tose who stand up for him and applauded at his decision ..  but same is not the case here ..Its not abt CAring for ur FANS only .. its abt loving ur work!  its abt commitments! he was committed to the show and informed PH a day before and that too on being asked.. he would have told them and showed his concern towards the show .. But he made it seem as if the show was never important for him ,,, It was always abt him then be it ..  i dont support such actors or ppl.. He is at fault .. because of him the whole show will be either wrap up before its time (specially when the story was abt to end in may or june) or alot of compromises will now be made with the story line up which will kill the essence and the meaning of a wonderful concept . i wont be able to look back at the show now ..  not even those parts which i absolutely loved!  so its beyond me why are u asking Viewers to forget their show and characters and understand the Actor here ? sorry  i fail to support or understand him .. I still Admire him for his Acting skills... and for what he has done for show . but it was for his own benefit it always was... so, why should feel proud of him ??? When there is absolutely nothing to be proud of....I have lost Respect for him being a professional not as a person btw ... 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

AMANJPCrystal29Hessa85rama_2010rpmenon

Hessa85 Goldie
Hessa85
Hessa85

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 8:03pm | IP Logged
yeah his performances were top notch,  i just wish we could continue seeing more of them!!!
it does make me wonder when were getting mishals statement on the matter, was there reallly alot of conflict between him and and the people he works for or has  he been offered something better

*dewdrop~pearl*

ImmaculateDream
ImmaculateDream

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 8:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shivansh

Copying  some parts of  my reply from another thread--

Like many of you, this the only show I've watched in years.

As for MR's exit, well--- His life - his aspirations- his choice. My best wishes! Life does not throw opportunites time and again and one has to catch up with the dreams. Hope, he picks the right one.Who knows
1. he might have requested for the dragging to end much earlier citing his future plans.
2. His future contractual obligation elsewhere demands him to stay off TV for a while.

One man army can't fight against the whole TRP system.I am assuming, it wdn't have been easy for him to leave a show that  gave so much recongnition to his talent. We can just speculate and enjoy the show till TASHA are there,even if the days are numbered.

Personally speaking as  a viewer, I'd want a  logical TASHA reunion,its something that has been on cards for long. That would give me a closure and I'd always look back at this show as a memorable love story. . Silly me, I've burnt my hands once by giving this show so much time, never again!!!
It's Bbbyeee LTL time.

Objectively speaking, this show is  a source of employment for many, the list is endless. I'd  be surprised if the production house would choose to close this venture even before it stops being profitable to them.

Again love you all for your deep insights that made me understand and enjoy the show so much more.

-Ships

U speak for Mishal only ... If he has given a lot to the role then there were others as well who had given a lot towards the show also .. directors. story writers, Creative team .. give them some credit as well.. If u can speak up for Mishal for leaving a show in between to pursue his dreams then even they have every right to take their show in any direction dont u think so ?? they didn't asked him to leave ... the show was on its high and was close to its culmination when he took up this step for his benefit  he has given them ultimatum rest is not is concern.. so why should not they do what they want to at this stage???..dont u think ur contradicting your own statement here??  

I n mot supporting MR for leaving the show in the middle and neither am i supporting Ph and channel for ruining a wonderful show by introducing new storyline,  they better end the show it will be Very difficult and would leave us with so many un answered questions .. but nothing can be done abt them now... LTL didn't deserved this .. it deserves a logical ending as soon as possible keeping the original story and Main characters in mind.. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

rama_2010rpmenon

ships Senior Member
ships
ships

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 8:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SAraW

Originally posted by shivansh

Copying  some parts of  my reply from another thread--

Like many of you, this the only show I've watched in years.

As for MR's exit, well--- His life - his aspirations- his choice. My best wishes! Life does not throw opportunites time and again and one has to catch up with the dreams. Hope, he picks the right one.Who knows
1. he might have requested for the dragging to end much earlier citing his future plans.
2. His future contractual obligation elsewhere demands him to stay off TV for a while.

One man army can't fight against the whole TRP system.I am assuming, it wdn't have been easy for him to leave a show that  gave so much recongnition to his talent. We can just speculate and enjoy the show till TASHA are there,even if the days are numbered.

Personally speaking as  a viewer, I'd want a  logical TASHA reunion,its something that has been on cards for long. That would give me a closure and I'd always look back at this show as a memorable love story. . Silly me, I've burnt my hands once by giving this show so much time, never again!!!
It's Bbbyeee LTL time.

Objectively speaking, this show is  a source of employment for many, the list is endless. I'd  be surprised if the production house would choose to close this venture even before it stops being profitable to them.

Again love you all for your deep insights that made me understand and enjoy the show so much more.

-Ships

U speak for Mishal only ... If he has given a lot to the role then there were others as well who had given a lot towards the show also .. directors. story writers, Creative team .. give them some credit as well.. If u can speak up for Mishal for leaving a show in between to pursue his dreams then even they have every right to take their show in any direction dont u think so ?? they didn't asked him to leave ... the show was on its high and was close to its culmination when he took up this step for his benefit  he has given them ultimatum rest is not is concern.. so why should not they do what they want to at this stage???..dont u think ur contradicting your own statement here??  

I n mot supporting MR for leaving the show in the middle and neither am i supporting Ph and channel for ruining a wonderful show by introducing new storyline,  they better end the show it will be Very difficult and would leave us with so many un answered questions .. but nothing can be done abt them now... LTL didn't deserved this .. it deserves a logical ending as soon as possible keeping the original story and Main characters in mind.. 

Dearest SaRaw,
Please,please read my post on the previous page(7).

You are right, I've contradicted myself but that's how I am feeling. I want logical end,TASHA reunion but is it possible now, I don't know and wdn't know. I have decided to not watch the show once I know Dutta(MR) is not coming back,that's the only power I have.

May be you are privy to lot of behind the scenes information but I am not.May be you know exactly what went wrong and perhaps thats why you are sharing it in bits in various posts here. I totally understand that you can't tell us everything.

As I said earlier, I can only speculate the reasons and that's why  my thought process took me to all the people whose employment is connected to the show and who have in various capacities empowered and made the show what it is today. AND I feel for them.

Am I hurt-- yes,Am I sad --YES......but can I change anything here - unfortunately NO.

You might not have liked my first post in this thread but I appreciate you loads, you are one of the reason I learnt to appreciate any show to this extent for the first time ever in my life. This is the only Indian show I've watched in years( I watch even the repeats!!!!),it will be so hard to see it loose its charm and I am disheartened too.

- Ships

Edited by shivansh - 08 January 2011 at 10:35am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

*dewdrop~pearl*-bharti-

kabeeraspeaking IF-Sizzlerz
kabeeraspeaking
kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 8:56pm | IP Logged

I have a  question from those who are speaking in defense of Mishal/ Actors, Where does a viewer stand ? If one is interested in the story/Characters 
and had been following the show from the beginning and had been patient till  now and just because of his ambitions A viewer  give up  a Show  to which he/she has been connected for a year  ?? What abt us?? its us who are suffering and still u guys want to Stand up for him and applaud... Many ppl are taking Rajeev's name here .. Rajeev stayed there for 2 years! he left because of his creative differences with Ekta/ creative team ..and i was among tose who stand up for him and applauded at his decision ..  but same is not the case here ..Its not abt CAring for ur FANS only .. its abt loving ur work!  its abt commitments! he was committed to the show and informed PH a day before and that too on being asked.. he would have told them and showed his concern towards the show .. But he made it seem as if the show was never important for him ,,, It was always abt him then be it ..  i dont support such actors or ppl.. He is at fault .. because of him the whole show will be either wrap up before its time (specially when the story was abt to end in may or june) or alot of compromises will now be made with the story line up which will kill the essence and the meaning of a wonderful concept . i wont be able to look back at the show now ..  not even those parts which i absolutely loved!  so its beyond me why are u asking Viewers to forget their show and characters and understand the Actor here ? sorry  i fail to support or understand him .. I still Admire him for his Acting skills... and for what he has done for show . but it was for his own benefit it always was... so, why should feel proud of him ??? When there is absolutely nothing to be proud of....I have lost Respect for him being a professional not as a person btw ... 

A viewer stands with the remote in his or her hand. You have the choice to switch to other alternatives and scrap their show without second thought within your power, or also to stay away from the idiot box completely and find other means of entertainment. If you are too attached to the show, then they did something right at some point in time which is worth remembering and holding on to, so I don't think anyone is ever going to ask you to forget about the characters and the show...and if they do, it's not worth listening to. If they are facing issues now it's because of the hitches that are a part and parcel of this industry and the way it works (countless limitations that they must accommodate for and work around because of the format a daily has!), which one must look at objectively to understand. I don't think anyone feels proud of MR for walking out of LTL, but there are many who understand his decision in a more career-oriented light and have no other choice but to accept it. It is a bad situation in which no one can be completely blamed or held responsible, be it the PH or the actor. The audience of course suffers the most, so does the PH and the show, so it looks like MR is walking away easily from this and maybe that's what is being found objectionable...but if you think about it, IMO, he cannot be blamed for being in search of the bigger things that he has always vocalized as his goals.

Also, whatever happened and was said/done between the PH and MR is truly known only to themselves...though other sources may have leaked information, it is bound to be influenced by their own perspective and interest in relation to the events, so drawing conclusions on MR's professionalism (or even slinging mud at the PH on the other extreme) and what exactly happened when we don't know anything concrete is moot. I know many are emotionally torn over the news after putting so much faith into the show so this objectivity is not appealing but it's there to be employed...now it is up to everyone whom they choose to loose respect for in what matter and what opinion they form about the whole thing...

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

ships*dewdrop~pearl*-Carrie-DancingdollMrsKhanAreYaar

Dancingdoll IF-Sizzlerz
Dancingdoll
Dancingdoll

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 9:23pm | IP Logged
MB, Very well said....You have echoed my POV....I too am disturbed about the turn of events and worried about the fate of the masterpieces such as LTL and Dutta but I wouldnt blame Mishal for his decision....

1. We do not know the other side of the story and probably we will never have the luxury of knowing it...Moreover, I hate to make someone the victim of viewer's ignorance...Its easy to pinpoint mistakes by assuming things...

2. There is no harm in being career oriented. We have always known that he eventually dreams of being in Bollywood and it takes time to establish your foothold in BW itself...The earlier the start the better...And this indutry is so unstable, you cannot afford to loose the first best opportunity u get from a reputed film house...Completely from MR's POV, If he lets go of an opportunity from a topnotch movie maker while LTL is still on, there is absolutely no guarantee that he would get this opportunity again. Thats the competitive world they live in...Tu nahi toh aur sahi...Loads of TV Stars have been unsuccessful in BW and end up dng mediocre movie and reach nowhere...In such scenarios, from a personal stand, it would not be advisable to let an opportunity go...

3. We really dnt know what conspired between PH, Channel and him...I agree that end of the day, the politics between the trio will impact the show, but we cannot just blame Mishal alone

4. He has given a 2 months notice. Its not that he is walking out on PH next day or ina week's time. In our line of work, although the norm is 1.5 months - 2 months,no one really stays for this long...Thats reality...The competition is everywhere and to survive, you have to be on your feet always, ready to move in seconds...

Edited by Dancingdoll - 05 January 2011 at 9:25pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

shipsskavitha08-Carrie-*dewdrop~pearl*kabeeraspeakingMrsKhan

ImmaculateDream
ImmaculateDream

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 10:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by make-believe

A viewer stands with the remote in his or her hand. You have the choice to switch to other alternatives and scrap their show without second thought within your power, or also to stay away from the idiot box completely and find other means of entertainment. If you are too attached to the show, then they did something right at some point in time which is worth remembering and holding on to, so I don't think anyone is ever going to ask you to forget about the characters and the show...and if they do, it's not worth listening to. If they are facing issues now it's because of the hitches that are a part and parcel of this industry and the way it works (countless limitations that they must accommodate for and work around because of the format a daily has!), which one must look at objectively to understand. I don't think anyone feels proud of MR for walking out of LTL, but there are many who understand his decision in a more career-oriented light and have no other choice but to accept it. It is a bad situation in which no one can be completely blamed or held responsible, be it the PH or the actor. The audience of course suffers the most, so does the PH and the show, so it looks like MR is walking away easily from this and maybe that's what is being found objectionable...but if you think about it, IMO, he cannot be blamed for being in search of the bigger things that he has always vocalized as his goals.

Also, whatever happened and was said/done between the PH and MR is truly known only to themselves...though other sources may have leaked information, it is bound to be influenced by their own perspective and interest in relation to the events, so drawing conclusions on MR's professionalism (or even slinging mud at the PH on the other extreme) and what exactly happened when we don't know anything concrete is moot. I know many are emotionally torn over the news after putting so much faith into the show so this objectivity is not appealing but it's there to be employed...now it is up to everyone whom they choose to loose respect for in what matter and what opinion they form about the whole thing...

MB what ur saying is not wrong, Career oriented ppl will find his decision fine and will be able to justify him in some way or the other ..but my point is why there is any need for us to defend him when we are actually not aware of the True facts either ?  Why this topic is brought up when things are still under wrapped ?  If there are ppl who can find his decision fine then tere are those as well who just cannot find it wrong as well .. there is nothing wrong in that either.... yah he cannot be blamed for giving up the show for his dreams ( we dont even know that was the reason, he might have nothing under his kitty at the moment)  but i am talking abt credibility here .. and the responsibilities towards ur Job being an Artist... ..hmmmm May be i was expecting too much from ... i would have been fine if the show had lost its creative touch or there was nothing left in the character... unfortunately that is not the case..  anyways .. Its his decision and he has moved on .. good for him .. we will too but viewers like me wont be able to reconnect themselves to television shows anymore.. and it will be good for us Smile 

Like u said its Us the viewers who have suffered the most here... laagi was a good show, its life was short thats why hooked to it .. as i knew its not in the league of those never ending shows.. Now i really hope they end it soon on a logical note ... otherwise there will be nothing for ppl like me to memorize abt the show.. hmm.. 

anyways i Wish him all the best and May this decision which has killed the show for viewers alteast be beneficial to him.. kissika tu Faida ho .. 

I stand by my views btw .. no compromises with a kind of job like this Smile EVery job has its own criteria s ..in that sense, Why an army officer is has no right to say a "no" ?? so Every field has its own set of rules and responsibilities  .. and an  Artist cannot just leave his job just like that .. yah if the reason is Creative difference then its another thing.. which is visibly not the case here.. 

Edited by SAraW - 05 January 2011 at 10:24pm

kabeeraspeaking

Go to top