Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

In Mishal Raheja's Defense (Page 7)

*dewdrop~pearl* IF-Rockerz
*dewdrop~pearl*
*dewdrop~pearl*

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 2:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by droopy_asleep

Its fine if he wants to quit, every actor has dreams and he is quite right in wanting to pursue them.
But, give us a public note that you are quitting for XX reason, he ows his fans that.
That is the part that i am annoyed with, there is no dignity is keeping quiet, it only adds to speculation.

On one hand some people are upset because they think this news should not have come out so early, as now no one will be able to watch the show peacefully, and on the other hand some people want to be informed in advance, why Confused? When the time comes am sure MR will come out with an interview where he will clarify the entire issue and give reasons for his departure. I trust him, he will definitely do that for his fans Embarrassed. But now maybe its too early to release this news as its just the 1st week of January, we have 2 more months till Mishal leaves. So maybe its the production house's decision to keep the matter confidential for the time being, which MR has no option but to oblige.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Carrie-MrsKhan

ships Senior Member
ships
ships

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 4:25pm | IP Logged
 I wrote in my earlier post that Mishal Raheja might have had his own reasons to leave and I get it. I get it that I should not have taken a fiction show so seriously and spent hrs n hrs on it!

I also understand that decision to quit LTL must have been a well thought out one taken over a period of time,keeping many things in mind.

What I don't get is why Mr. Raheja choose to send a message to forum memebers in December that he is not qutting and that too through an ardent aprreciator of his acting skills!!!!  and she is someone who spent hours analyzing each of Dutta's head turns,eyeball movements and in turn helped us appreciate Dutta so much more. NO, I don't know her personally but I am so sad to read her posts today,I can clearly see she is hurt and I am feeling so bad 'coz of that.

- Ships

Edited by shivansh - 08 January 2011 at 10:29am

LaTuLarpmenon

brainychild92 IF-Sizzlerz
brainychild92
brainychild92

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 5:09pm | IP Logged
why is mishal raheja leaving? i read two things.. one that he wants to wait for new projects.. another that he has too much attitude and he is being booted....  whats the real reason? eitehr way i don't want him to leave and i hope its just a publicity stunt and he doesnt actually leave

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Hessa85kadduu*dewdrop~pearl*

kabeeraspeaking IF-Sizzlerz
kabeeraspeaking
kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 6:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *dewdrop~pearl*

for giving his 100% sincere and dedicated performance to LTL always

Any disappointment I've felt because of what has happened may have fallen on MR's head but for this one line above that eradicates any such thought for me --- as an actor, for the work he has done and the unrelenting dedication he has brought to every single moment and second of his time on screen in this show, I tremendously appreciate him and cannot undo or overlook any part of it just because he has made a certain decision with regards to his professional life. And even if MR's decision isn't one that leads him to success in Bollywood or wherever he plans, I will not spite him or respect his acting abilities any less or it. Another one of my favourite actors (Manoj Bohra) has been in the same quest for a couple of years now without any results, but I don't ever begrudge or discredit him for it...all I can do is sigh, complain now and then, and eventually wish the best for him. So same is the case with MR...his talent has earned my respect and I hope that it is utilized to the best of its extent in whatever he does.

Originally posted by *dewdrop~pearl*

I respect your opinion and your reasons....I can really understand how bad you are feeling as even I'm feeling that way. But we cant change any system - thats the way TV industry and Bollywood works, whether we like it or not. So the only thing we can do as audience is to be sensible enough to understand these dynamics and not get over attached to any show or celebrity. We shouldnt spoil our moods or fun because of all this as the reason we are hooked on to them itself is entertainment. So lets just be objective and enjoy such shows for what it is - entertainment Smile

And I absolutely loved what you said here, Aparna, because it's so very true...every part of it, from the fact that we can't change this system because it is a business after all (we can hope for people who are in it for creativity and umeed par hi toh duniya kayim hai na? :P) to the point that this is only meant to be entertainment...yeah, we get really attached and feel hurt, but at the end of the day, weigh it against other things in life that really matter, and remember that the reason you were watching this (or any other) show in the first place was because it made you happy, kept you entertained, took away some stress, etc. Don't let it become the means of stress ulta hi LOL Just like in LTL, Dutta faced numerous betrayals and so much pain, yet each time he hoped once more, he tried to move on, he let himself feel, to be happy again...that is life...there were the high points (all the goodness that came to him from Nakku's friendship and guidance in his life) and the low points, yet the high points were worth it all and what really mattered Smile Remember and hold on to the good parts of the journey that LTL gave you, as it was meant to be for entertainment, and maybe that will help release some of the disappointment and heartache!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ships*dewdrop~pearl*-Carrie-AyeChavanniAreYaar

sub_rosa IF-Dazzler
sub_rosa
sub_rosa

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 7:05pm | IP Logged
@MB....can we really compare Manoj Bohra's case with Mishal's? Prem's character was terribly butchered and I actually heaved a sigh of relief when he decided to move on. Anyway, I'm too hurt right now to think objectively...but I wouldn't blame anyone for my disappointment...it was my mistake that I got so attached to a fictional character!

rama_2010*dewdrop~pearl*

Fishfish IF-Dazzler
Fishfish
Fishfish

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 7:11pm | IP Logged
Very well said DP,  yes we all change jobs and MR too has the right to move on in his life....well it is said he wants to spend time with his family/ watch LTL suffer etc etc....which actor would want that after putting so much effort on the show and of course family is important but then when his career is taking off, people do concentrate on the career with full family support.....

End the show with Mishal's departures please CVs....

*dewdrop~pearl*-Carrie-

kabeeraspeaking IF-Sizzlerz
kabeeraspeaking
kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 7:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sub_rosa

@MB....can we really compare Manoj Bohra's case with Mishal's? Prem's character was terribly butchered and I actually heaved a sigh of relief when he decided to move on. Anyway, I'm too hurt right now to think objectively...but I wouldn't blame anyone for my disappointment...it was my mistake that I got so attached to a fictional character!

Rosa, I'm not comparing the characters and the reasons/stages at which the two actors decided to move on...Manoj is just an example of someone who has been pursuing Bollywood and such related projects for a while now but hasn't been able to materialize...so just as I still hold admiration for his acting regardless of where he is now and what he is doing, similar will be the case with MR, no matter what happens to him after LTL and this decision. I won't be pulling him down or clocking him for taking a risk and working towards his aspirations. 

And don't blame yourself either, it was the charm of the character or none of us would be here having this conversation LOL I hope you and everybody else feels better in a while Hug

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

*dewdrop~pearl*-Carrie--bharti-AreYaar

-bharti- IF-Rockerz
-bharti-
-bharti-

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 7:47pm | IP Logged
Pleeeeeeeease Mishal for the sake of ur own good nd to the love of ur fans u owe an explanation a public statement for the reasons of ur quittg nd the timing, thank u!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

*dewdrop~pearl*

Go to top