Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

In Mishal Raheja's Defense (Page 11)

nileshni679 Senior Member
nileshni679
nileshni679

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 1:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shilpita87

i want to wish Mishal all the best and also wish that the CVs will end the show properly by his leaving time...That is with tasha union.

exactly thats what i really do want pliz CVs do understand our feelings. i cannot see Naku wid some1 else

*dewdrop~pearl* IF-Rockerz
*dewdrop~pearl*
*dewdrop~pearl*

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 1:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kshreya2002

Originally posted by -Roopa-

Well, here is my take..

I don't know the real facts as to what went on behind the scenes.. .there may be various reasons for Mishal's decision.. it can be anything from lot of politics going on or creative dissatisfaction or to pursue his bollywood dreams or something else.. whatever it maybe, somehow i am feeling that this is not quite a right time for him to quit..
if there are some differences going on it can always be sorted out..they are not above a great role as dutta.. and creative dissatisfaction from Mishal's side too can be discussed with the team.. i know an actor's opinion may not matter much in TV industry.. but according to viewers, dutta's role is still on the top and it has not lost it's essence.. compared to the male leads of other shows where they are patented to 1 or 2 expressions through out their acting, dutta has so many facets to explore.. at the end of the day opinions of the viewers also play a major role.. and Mishal can always for his fan's sake continue for sometime more to see the culmination of the show in a dignified way..

and coming to him wanting to pursue his bollywood dreams, he has every right to move on at the right time when there are opportunities... but if he is leaving at this juncture when the show is doing good and his role having lot more depth to be explored at.. there are bound to be disappointments everywhere..
when this show and particularly the character dutta has got so close to the hearts of many people will they be able to take his decision to leave positively..the show being messed up with the replacement or the storyline being changed.. nobody can take this positively.. they are bound to connect this mess with the decision of Mishal.. there will be a opinion formed about Mishal...about his professionalism and commitment..
I am stating this in general as I think most of us at some point of time
in the last few days, has blamed him for this..but here we discuss and comfort each other..but there may be many people outside who can instantly form an opinion on this..
he might have given his heart and soul to the role till now but what remains in the memory is the final result and what happened to the show at the end..there is always a danger of all his hard and good work being wiped out in a second..will all these negative opinions help him in his future career ?..and
such things spread very fast in the industry.. will it not come in the way of his future projects..and whatever projects he may take up, will not viewers [at least majority of them] see him in the same light..

This is one thing I am scared off. If he leaves his producer in a lurch will the TV industry support him if god forbid he needs to return to acting in TV shows? We know that Tv doesnt need talented actors and there is no dearth of talentless stars. And how will this be looked at in the film industry? The world is harsh to public failures. MR should not leave the people who supported him in a lurch...like the PH got the director to speak in his favor after the bad behavior rumours. 

How is Mishal leaving his producers in lurch Confused?! Ok one fine day if he decides to leave LTL and abruptly informs the PH maybe just 1 month in advance, yes, it would be unprofessional on his part as it would be very difficult for the PH to wrap up things in such a limited period. But he informed them half a year in advance which gave them ample time to complete their current track and wrap up other tracks (including Tasha romance). Infact not 6 months, 8 months he stayed after informing the PH that he wants to leave. I have heard of actors abruptly quitting seriels leaving PH in a huge mess...then last minute PH ropes in some replacement who turns out to be a disaster as PH dint get ample amount of time to find the right replacement. But here I feel MR did everything in the most professional manner, so am sure other PHs will be practical enough to understand his step. And we are just assuming that the PH is pissed with MR for his departure. Ok maybe they would prefer him not to leave, but since he has conducted things in a professional manner, maybe he is leaving on good terms with the PH. Like look at Prachi Desai, even though she left Ekta's popular seriel for Bollywood, she is still in good terms with Ekta and her production house (whose constant support she always has).
MrsKhan IF-Addictz
MrsKhan
MrsKhan

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 1:55am | IP Logged
@Sara: I definitely agree that this is not the right time and most unexpected from Mishal. More than anyone else he is making his unhappy and thats not a good thing to do in the media industry.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sub_rosaImmaculateDream

MrsKhan IF-Addictz
MrsKhan
MrsKhan

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 1:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by *dewdrop~pearl*

Originally posted by kshreya2002

Originally posted by -Roopa-

Well, here is my take..

I don't know the real facts as to what went on behind the scenes.. .there may be various reasons for Mishal's decision.. it can be anything from lot of politics going on or creative dissatisfaction or to pursue his bollywood dreams or something else.. whatever it maybe, somehow i am feeling that this is not quite a right time for him to quit..
if there are some differences going on it can always be sorted out..they are not above a great role as dutta.. and creative dissatisfaction from Mishal's side too can be discussed with the team.. i know an actor's opinion may not matter much in TV industry.. but according to viewers, dutta's role is still on the top and it has not lost it's essence.. compared to the male leads of other shows where they are patented to 1 or 2 expressions through out their acting, dutta has so many facets to explore.. at the end of the day opinions of the viewers also play a major role.. and Mishal can always for his fan's sake continue for sometime more to see the culmination of the show in a dignified way..

and coming to him wanting to pursue his bollywood dreams, he has every right to move on at the right time when there are opportunities... but if he is leaving at this juncture when the show is doing good and his role having lot more depth to be explored at.. there are bound to be disappointments everywhere..
when this show and particularly the character dutta has got so close to the hearts of many people will they be able to take his decision to leave positively..the show being messed up with the replacement or the storyline being changed.. nobody can take this positively.. they are bound to connect this mess with the decision of Mishal.. there will be a opinion formed about Mishal...about his professionalism and commitment..
I am stating this in general as I think most of us at some point of time
in the last few days, has blamed him for this..but here we discuss and comfort each other..but there may be many people outside who can instantly form an opinion on this..
he might have given his heart and soul to the role till now but what remains in the memory is the final result and what happened to the show at the end..there is always a danger of all his hard and good work being wiped out in a second..will all these negative opinions help him in his future career ?..and
such things spread very fast in the industry.. will it not come in the way of his future projects..and whatever projects he may take up, will not viewers [at least majority of them] see him in the same light..

This is one thing I am scared off. If he leaves his producer in a lurch will the TV industry support him if god forbid he needs to return to acting in TV shows? We know that Tv doesnt need talented actors and there is no dearth of talentless stars. And how will this be looked at in the film industry? The world is harsh to public failures. MR should not leave the people who supported him in a lurch...like the PH got the director to speak in his favor after the bad behavior rumours. 

How is Mishal leaving his producers in lurch Confused?! Ok one fine day if he decides to leave LTL and abruptly informs the PH maybe just 1 month in advance, yes, it would be unprofessional on his part as it would be very difficult for the PH to wrap up things in such a limited period. But he informed them half a year in advance which gave them ample time to complete their current track and wrap up other tracks (including Tasha romance). Infact not 6 months, 8 months he stayed after informing the PH that he wants to leave. I have heard of actors abruptly quitting seriels leaving PH in a huge mess...then last minute PH ropes in some replacement who turns out to be a disaster as PH dint get ample amount of time to find the right replacement. But here I feel MR did everything in the most professional manner, so am sure other PHs will be practical enough to understand his step. And we are just assuming that the PH is pissed with MR for his departure. Ok maybe they would prefer him not to leave, but since he has conducted things in a professional manner, maybe he is leaving on good terms with the PH. Like look at Prachi Desai, even though she left Ekta's popular seriel for Bollywood, she is still in good terms with Ekta and her production house (whose constant support she always has).

Aparna I am guessing that he is leaving the PH in a lurch as he has decided not to renew his contract. I dont believe his role was ever expected to last only 3-4 months as reported in Tc. The PH might have expected him to renew his contract...entirely my guess..
Anyways I dont want to end up contradicting myself as we dont know the facts. I just hope everyone sees sense and its a win-win situation for everyone.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Roopa-sub_rosa*dewdrop~pearl*Dancingdoll

*dewdrop~pearl*
*dewdrop~pearl*

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 2:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by make-believe

Any disappointment I've felt because of what has happened may have fallen on MR's head but for this one line above that eradicates any such thought for me --- as an actor, for the work he has done and the unrelenting dedication he has brought to every single moment and second of his time on screen in this show, I tremendously appreciate him and cannot undo or overlook any part of it just because he has made a certain decision with regards to his professional life.

There were the high points (all the goodness that came to him from Nakku's friendship and guidance in his life) and the low points, yet the high points were worth it all and what really mattered SmileRemember and hold on to the good parts of the journey that LTL gave you, as it was meant to be for entertainment, and maybe that will help release some of the disappointment and heartache!

I don't think anyone feels proud of MR for walking out of LTL, but there are many who understand his decision in a more career-oriented light and have no other choice but to accept it. It is a bad situation in which no one can be completely blamed or held responsible, be it the PH or the actor. The audience of course suffers the most, so does the PH and the show, so it looks like MR is walking away easily from this and maybe that's what is being found objectionable...but if you think about it, IMO, he cannot be blamed for being in search of the bigger things that he has always vocalized as his goals.

Loved all your posts and replies Clap! Especially the @blue points. You have pointed out lot of things I wasnt able to.

Even I was a huge MB fan, infact my coming to IF itself was because of him Embarrassed.....I was looking for something about him and landed up in the forum LOL. And after MB, havent really liked much TV actors (just Karan Patel & Angad Hasija). But I have to admit, I have never loved someone the way I love MR Embarrassed. He has sort of broke all records Clap.

Even though I would be heartbroken when MR leaves, but I would always love and respect him and his work. I can never forget his contribution to TV industry and the way he touched our lives. He has taken 'acting' and 'seriels' to a totally different level with his sincerity and extraordinary performance. People like him only happen once in a blue moon - someone who has the ability to change all conventional concepts of soaps, acting and entertainment! Today Bollywood has become so senseless (as compared to what it used to be maybe 10 years back), so who knows, what if MR is yet again able to break lot of conventions in Bollywood too Wink ! What to say about that guy yaar - he is an ATOM BOMB LOL!

Edited by *dewdrop~pearl* - 06 January 2011 at 2:26am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

rama_2010

*dewdrop~pearl*
*dewdrop~pearl*

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 2:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sub_rosa

@MB....can we really compare Manoj Bohra's case with Mishal's? Prem's character was terribly butchered and I actually heaved a sigh of relief when he decided to move on. Anyway, I'm too hurt right now to think objectively...but I wouldn't blame anyone for my disappointment...it was my mistake that I got so attached to a fictional character!

Regarding MB, ya I remember he quit KZK when they were planning for a 20 year leap and MB was supposed to be father to 20+ age kids Dead. So he refused to be part of the leap and moved on to Bollywood. Well as far as his track record in Bollywood is concerned, he hasnt got his deserved break even though he is talented. He did a supporting role to Shahid in Kismat Konnection and that was the last I heard about him Ouch. But since MR is way above everyone, I hope like TV industry, his talent gets recognition in Bollywood too Smile.
*dewdrop~pearl*
*dewdrop~pearl*

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 2:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ZubyDutta

Originally posted by make-believe

for giving his 100% sincere and dedicated performance to LTL always

Any disappointment I've felt because of what has happened may have fallen on MR's head but for this one line above that eradicates any such thought for me --- as an actor, for the work he has done and the unrelenting dedication he has brought to every single moment and second of his time on screen in this show, I tremendously appreciate him and cannot undo or overlook any part of it just because he has made a certain decision with regards to his professional life. And even if MR's decision isn't one that leads him to success in Bollywood or wherever he plans, I will not spite him or respect his acting abilities any less or it. Another one of my favourite actors (Manoj Bohra) has been in the same quest for a couple of years now without any results, but I don't ever begrudge or discredit him for it...all I can do is sigh, complain now and then, and eventually wish the best for him. So same is the case with MR...his talent has earned my respect and I hope that it is utilized to the best of its extent in whatever he does.

I respect your opinion and your reasons....I can really understand how bad you are feeling as even I'm feeling that way. But we cant change any system - thats the way TV industry and Bollywood works, whether we like it or not. So the only thing we can do as audience is to be sensible enough to understand these dynamics and not get over attached to any show or celebrity. We shouldnt spoil our moods or fun because of all this as the reason we are hooked on to them itself is entertainment. So lets just be objective and enjoy such shows for what it is - entertainment Smile

And I absolutely loved what you said here, Aparna, because it's so very true...every part of it, from the fact that we can't change this system because it is a business after all (we can hope for people who are in it for creativity and umeed par hi toh duniya kayim hai na? :P) to the point that this is only meant to be entertainment...yeah, we get really attached and feel hurt, but at the end of the day, weigh it against other things in life that really matter, and remember that the reason you were watching this (or any other) show in the first place was because it made you happy, kept you entertained, took away some stress, etc. Don't let it become the means of stress ulta hi LOL Just like in LTL, Dutta faced numerous betrayals and so much pain, yet each time he hoped once more, he tried to move on, he let himself feel, to be happy again...that is life...there were the high points (all the goodness that came to him from Nakku's friendship and guidance in his life) and the low points, yet the high points were worth it all and what really mattered Smile Remember and hold on to the good parts of the journey that LTL gave you, as it was meant to be for entertainment, and maybe that will help release some of the disappointment and heartache!
Totally loved what you said here,MB.Clap Huge APPLAUSE.
For his one decision to further his career I'm not going to disregard the blood,sweat & tears shed during the past year.Each performance was top notch & nothing short of exlempary. He came to entertain & he did that giving 110 %. He very clearly said to Nimmo he'd be doing the show for "a few months".Which has turned out true.Here is a very honest & professinal person.Let's not give him such a bitter send off when he has given his fans so much for more than  a year.

Very well said Zuby Clap! I agree to each word of yours especially @blue!

pria4ever IF-Dazzler
pria4ever
pria4ever

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 2:58am | IP Logged

Well, Ok so the news is true...i was under the impression tat it is the channel and PH publicity strategy.

Anyways wishing Mishal all the very best for his future! As long as he knows what he is doing and confident of doing it, I have no problem. He is a gud actor and is willing to take chances.

Having said this, he should have no regrets in future about the decision/risk he has taken,and i hope he never will have.

Personally, i have always felt tat TV actors live in a world of illusion, n when tat illusion breaks they find it difficult to cope up.  Many TV actors can be given as examples, some wanting to try their luck in B'wood,some actors lie to the PH -citing personal reasons, but the reason will be something else(read another show with higher fees), some b'coz they want still higher fees n so on...

Anyways hope Mishal never cums in tat list.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

*dewdrop~pearl*

Go to top