Laagi Tujhse Lagan

In Mishal Raheja's Defense

*dewdrop~pearl* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Hi friends 😳.....

Today evening has been a very depressing one for all of us as far as LTL is concerned mainly due to 2 reasons....

1) Dutta's 'death' track going on in the seriel with MR's absence for a week....
2) Article on MR leaving LTL......

I can really understand your disappointment and frustration, as we all are going through the same phase (including me 😭). But as a reaction to this news, am reading lot of posts whereby people are really criticising MR big time for his decision, and lot of people are also saying they have lost all respect for him 😕. I personally think this is being unfair to MR as doesnt everyone have the right to grow in life and make career decisions that MIGHT yield them maximum self-actualisation? I know we all love him soo much that we cant even imagine an LTL without Dutta or Mishal . Personally for me also LTL is dead without Dutta/Mishal and definitely I will stop watching it. But at the same time I dont think it is right on our part to be so harsh to MR just bcos his leaving LTL will break all our hearts and we will miss him like CRAZY!

I personally dont think MR has done anything for which we should lose respect for him or he should be blamed 😊. If he would be taking this decision, it will purely be a professional one and every individual has the right to plan their career and make decisions in a way they percieve that they can reach the highest position in their respective fields. So as long as a person doesnt adopt wrong means to reach the top (like cheating and manipulating people, etc), or resort to unprofessionalism, I dont think there is anything wrong. MR is doing things in the most professional manner  - like he has already given notice period to the creatives and producers way in advance, and not only that, on their request he has even extended his stint till February. And whats wrong if TV actors use the medium as a stepping stone for their future career 😊? Dont we all do that in our careers? Initially when I finished my graduation, obviously because of lack of experience and age, I grabbed what ever job opportunity I got. But once I acquired experience and learned whatever I had to learn, I realised I dint have more scope in the company, so I changed my job when I got a better offer from another company. I dint do this cos I wasnt happy in my old company or bcos people were treating me badly - it was a purely professional decision 😊. Even the management was fine with it and they gave me their best wishes and told me their doors are always open for me. The company dint hire me to do a favor for me, neither was I with the company to do any favor for them. So thats how the professional scenario is everywhere 😊.

So similarly, no one is doing any favor for anyone in the media industry as well....neither the TV actors to the channel and production company, nor the production company to the TV actors. I have heard of lot of production companies who have sacked actors just bcos they were not able to generate TRPs, not even bcos they were bad actors! So in commercial field, everyone looks to maximise their benefit and there is nothing wrong in it. If Mishal was a bad actor, am sure the production team themselves would have sacked him and I wouldnt call that also unfair. 

And again, we are just assuming he is quitting LTL to simply sit at home and wait for the right offers. Mishal himself admitted that he did this for almost 1 and half years after Love Story got ove and that it was after 1 and half years of disappearing from TV that LTL happened to him. So why would he make the same blunder again? What if he has better plans 😉? What if he is waiting for the right moment to disclose his plans? If MR hasnt officially announced he is quitting LTL, why would he disclose his future plans, as if he gave away that before he is allowed to officially announce his departure, then automatically audience will sense that he is going to quit LTL right.

As far as I have known MR, he seems to be a very sensible guy. So lets just wait for the right time till MR officially announces this news along with his future plans. Am sure he might definitely have something much better up his sleeves unlike our assumptions
😉.

I strongly believe in collective consciousness - that if a large group of people collectively expresses negative emotions towards a person, it creates a certain 'badhuaa' or 'curse' around that person that he will never do well in life ! So guys, lets not curse the actor whom we love sooo much. Lets all give him our best wishes and sincerely pray for his well-being and groW*H in life.....and that one day he reaches at the highest point in his career where its almost impossible for anyone to reach
👍🏼! Seriously, that guy has got an extraordinary talent and he deserves to be there more than anyone else 👏. For what MR has done for all of us in the past one year - for giving his 100% sincere and dedicated performance to LTL always, for coming into our lives and touching it in a way rarely anyone on TV has, lets also give him our prayers and best wishes to be the BEST in whatever he does, exactly the way he was to the TV industry 👍🏼. Wherever he goes and whatever he does, let him always REMAIN the BEST 👍🏼!

Edited by *dewdrop~pearl* - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Beautifully written. I wish all the best for Mishal. I wish him GOOD LUCK for his future endevours. I hope he will not take wrong decision and end up acting in some blunder film.. i hope he will be very careful while choosing the role and grow in his career. I will pray Bappa for you Mishal.. we all love u a lot. Where ever you go.. our love and best wishes will be always there with you..😊
 we will terriably miss you 😭😭 I really miss you Dutta Sriram Patil ... love you a lot
pinks86 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
definitely wish him all the best ... will miss dutta ... but hope mishal will be around for loooooooog time!!!
mussy.jamshed thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Aparna though u r right but I so want u to be with us on Petition n comments to stop MR from leaving LTL......This is much needed....so please stand with us 😃
KavitaDR thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Dear Aparna,

I will reiterate what I have just posted on Tintiny's thread a while ago and is, totally, elevant to your thread:

Should MR leave the show, we must all respect a personal decision if the TB article is true. Mishal Raheja's intense portrayal of DSP has set a benchmark that will not be attained so soon by the current crop of actors on the silver screen for a while and I am convinced that he is professional enough to know what he is doing. Just looking at him and mannerisms in LTL, in Love Story, Mano Ya Na Mano or his interviews for that matter, one can, clearly, see a single-mindedness that I have seen in very few actors apart from some of the biggies in Bollywood.
It may be presumptuous of me to even try to compare him to stalwarts such as SRK at this stage but these superstars are not going to be here forever. They have to make space for the younger generation and should Mishal feel that this is the right time for him, so be it. He will be successful in whatever he attempts because of his sincerity and obsession to get into the skin of a character. It is his marvellous ability to breathe life in character as that of Dutta's,  that we can't even imagine any other actor replacing him. Should the news be confirmed, I sincerly, wish and pray that they end the show with the logical ending that we deserve rather that see our fear of a deconstruction of a love story we have loved, unravel in front of us. 
All said and done, I wish MR the best of luck. We are fans and will follow the progression of his career, irrespective of the medium he chooses to pursue his dreams.

MR should be commended for carrying the show on his shoulders for such a long time and he should be able to weave magic wherever he goes. I, for on, will remain a fan forever, irrespective of the degree of his success that, I have no doubts, he will achieve. He has the attitude and the star quality for that and he should be endorsed for whatever decisions he takes to master his craft. ⭐️⭐️👏😊
Edited by KavitaDR - 13 years ago
.scorpio10 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Dew ...

I am fine with him leaving ... but he should make up his mind nd stick By it ..
 Sometime ago ..I  read he sd he would not be leaving  after a few months ..now it is out by end of feb ( ok thatz ...two months )
which is fine

If he wants to leave ... then jus do it ...He has every right to do so , to move on in life .....

I would stand for him nd sure others would too .... but he needs say if  he  in or not ...

My respect for a person is not based  if his decisions please me or not but rather how  determined he is with the decision he has made ...

Becoz if you look in the field he is ... an actor is like a  brand name ... once the damage is done it done
it lis like a tatoo which cant be removed easily ..stuck for life ..

what he wants to do ... just go ahead and do it ....
that means even if it is to leave LTL ... leave with ur diginity infact ..... ( when we leave an organization we do serve a notice period .... do proper hand overs nd with a smile ...the  mmgt may not be happy ...But No one can point fingers ..becoz we did the right way )

Edited by scorpio10 - 13 years ago
Wanderbug thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
i want to wish Mishal all the best and also wish that the CVs will end the show properly by his leaving time...That is with tasha union.
Originally posted by: mussy.jamshed

Aparna though u r right but I so want u to be with us on Petition n comments to stop MR from leaving LTL......This is much needed....so please stand with us 😃

Sure am definitely with you in that 😃😆....even I dont want him to leave and would prefer him to be in LTL as much as possible, but even if he decides to leave, I will still stand by his decision and respect it. But ya, tell me when your starting your petition and I will definitely sign it 😉!
.scorpio10 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: *dewdrop~pearl*

Sure am definitely with you in that 😃😆....even I dont want him to leave and would prefer him to be in LTL as much as possible, but even if he decides to leave, I will still stand by his decision and respect it. But ya, tell me when your starting your petition and I will definitely sign it 😉!

I would like him  to stay on nd finsh LTL ..with a happy ending

I would stay my the guy , if only he makes his mind .... I hate unstable minds ... be it in any field or place ( work or normal life .. )

AS I sd earlier he got every right to leave ...But then say it ...  
Edited by scorpio10 - 13 years ago
Originally posted by: KavitaDR

Dear Aparna,

I will reiterate what I have just posted on Tintiny's thread a while ago and is, totally, elevant to your thread:

Should MR leave the show, we must all respect a personal decision if the TB article is true. Mishal Raheja's intense portrayal of DSP has set a benchmark that will not be attained so soon by the current crop of actors on the silver screen for a while and I am convinced that he is professional enough to know what he is doing. Just looking at him and mannerisms in LTL, in Love Story, Mano Ya Na Mano or his interviews for that matter, one can, clearly, see a single-mindedness that I have seen in very few actors apart from some of the biggies in Bollywood.
It may be presumptuous of me to even try to compare him to stalwarts such as SRK at this stage but these superstars are not going to be here forever. They have to make space for the younger generation and should Mishal feel that this is the right time for him, so be it. He will be successful in whatever he attempts because of his sincerity and obsession to get into the skin of a character. It is his marvellous ability to breathe life in character as that of Dutta's,  that we can't even imagine any other actor replacing him. Should the news be confirmed, I sincerly, wish and pray that they end the show with the logical ending that we deserve rather that see our fear of a deconstruction of a love story we have loved, unravel in front of us. 
All said and done, I wish MR the best of luck. We are fans and will follow the progression of his career, irrespective of the medium he chooses to pursue his dreams.

MR should be commended for carrying the show on his shoulders for such a long time and he should be able to weave magic wherever he goes. I, for on, will remain a fan forever, irrespective of the degree of his success that, I have no doubts, he will achieve. He has the attitude and the star quality for that and he should be endorsed for whatever decisions he takes to master his craft. 😊

Very well written Kavita, I totally agree with each point of yours 👏. This guy is unusually and extraordinarily talented that its difficult to describe in words his talent. I once tried to explain to a friend of mine as to why she should see LTL and about Mishal's potrayal of Dutta, but just couldnt find the right way to put it that would 100% sum up what he exactly is. I am always in short of words and end up understating his calibre. I'm just able to put in words like 'someone with an unusually countless expression bank' 😆, etc., but I know these words will not describe the total picture 😭. Like in Aditi Gupta's interview today, when she was asked about the best actor on TV, she just couldnt stop complimenting Mishal and she herself couldnt find words to describe his skills 😆. I'm sure that is what all of our condition is when it comes to summing up Mishal's talent in words - we will always understate it. So its better to keep it short as 'Extraordinary and Unusual' acting skills 😉.

And regarding various bollywood stars, no offense to their fans, but I find lot of actors even after 20 years of experience in the field still giving mediocre performances, and still generating blockbuster hits just bcos they have a huge loyal fan following. I personally think Akshay Kumar and Salman Khan comes in that category. As far as Akshay is concerned, I think he is really bad at voice modulations and his acting is also too average. Same goes with Salman. I have been avoiding watching his movies, but the only one movie of his I watched in theatre in the last 10 years is Dabangg, and in that I should admit he was really good. But apart from that, I find him to just be an OK actor. Infact I felt he was a much better actor when he had started off his career (with good movies like Maine Pyar Kiya, Bhaagi, Karan Arjun, Love, etc!), and I was a great fan of his back then. I really dont know where that soul of his went . But looks like these guys are at the top now *sigh*. No offence to either of their fans, its just my personal opinion 😳.

Edited by *dewdrop~pearl* - 13 years ago