Laagi Tujhse Lagan

India-Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

MR's Exit - All Discussion HERE! (Page 18)

kabeeraspeaking IF-Sizzlerz
kabeeraspeaking
kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 6:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

Makes you wonder if ending it was a good thing after all, haan? Finite end...conclusion (?)LOL....and yes I agree with DD on that....that is the reason why so many ppl are asking to end LTL....a finite, logical end to a show lets you cherish it as a closed package....with no random ingredients thrust in aevein to mess up the whole recipe.

I trust Rishab Seth's writing enough that if he ever writes a second season, it won't be bad :P It may not be as good as the first, that's a possibility, but he's too sensible for it to ever become crap LOL And with R.com's format, the locked script and bank of episodes shot six-months prior...that makes all the difference between something totally packaged and a daily.

But I see what you are saying from your perspective....defense mechanism?LOL....Shut off your mind/heart towards the show already....baaki jo marzi ho, haan?LOL

A Premika's strongest suit has always been and will always be--- denial! LOL

On a random note....it's kinda like that wannabe Vikas whatever who tried to play Prem/Yudi after MB left....remember that? LOLLOL....dude was totally aping MB's style and it was soooooooooo cringe-inducing to watch....do you seriously want to watch some guy attempting to clone MR's mannerisms as Dutta? *shudders at the mere thought*.....but then...I guess you wouldn't be watching the show by that point anyways, haina?LOL

Vikas Sethi, Anu LOL But they can't clone MR...imagine some other guy wearing his kurtas Confused LOL How weird it would look LOL 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Fivr-MrsKhanAreYaar

fuzzyface IF-Rockerz
fuzzyface
fuzzyface

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 8:22pm | IP Logged
I see we are still on this topic. I got lost when someone mentioned SRK as Don Day Dreaming

I love SRK Embarrassed

Coming back to the matter of the day, so the production house and channel are not just gonna abruptly end the show just coz the actor wants to leave, they have invested money and channel schedule, syndication and etc. So they need to drag it with or without the actor, which is fair coz the show doesn't just involve  the actor alone as there are many other people and things that are part of it . But if TRPs fall, then we will see another Bidaai. 

I mean you can't blame CVs or the channel and  you can't blame the actor as well. Everyone is entitled to do what they think is right for them.

It will be hard to see another actor play Dutta, the actor was good but he doesn't want to do it anymore. So let's see how they resolve the matter and time will tell and heal.

It is a regrettable that after a year we may not get to see the ending or closure we were looking for but CVs have surprised us many times, so we may get it and then they shift the show to another phase. Ermm

Or they might just offer the actor a big fat paycheck that even he can't refuse and voila! you girls have your Dutta back. LOL

I dunno I stil love SRK though EmbarrassedHeart

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

MrsKhan

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 8:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by make-believe

I trust Rishab Seth's writing enough that if he ever writes a second season, it won't be bad :P It may not be as good as the first, that's a possibility, but he's too sensible for it to ever become crap LOL And with R.com's format, the locked script and bank of episodes shot six-months prior...that makes all the difference between something totally packaged and a daily. Arey I'm SURE he will....I don't even care if the second season isn't as good as the first, I want R.com back at ANY cost!LOLLOL.....That show is above and beyond the norms of any other show on TV....and yes it would be a quality product anyways cuz it would be free of daily show pressures.

A Premika's strongest suit has always been and will always be--- denial! LOL We're such a resilient, well trained lotLOL....if we can learn to deal with what they did with PM, then anything's possible, haan?LOL

Vikas Sethi, Anu LOL But they can't clone MR...imagine some other guy wearing his kurtas Confused LOL How weird it would look LOL Mehhh Sethi Vethi....don't careTongueLOL....he was a total cringe inducing JOKER to watch trying to be like UD/PremLOL.....ofcourse they can't clone MR....but what if they still TRY? That's what I dread....maybe that's why they are considering doing away with Dutta and bringing in the new cop guy....either ways the ideas are not going to work

kabeeraspeaking

fuzzyface IF-Rockerz
fuzzyface
fuzzyface

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 8:52pm | IP Logged
Just a random question what's with this obsession with Bollywood?? What's wrong with TV? I mean all the Bollywood actors are trying to get a slot of TV anyways. Even SRK is hosting a show on Imagine.

I find it weird that people underestimate the power of TV. Almost every household has a TV and ppl in rural areas only recognize actors thru TV.  Not everyone goes to the cinema, some actually buy DVDs and watch at home. 

Even in Hollywood the actors are both TV and film stars.They appreciate good work and script more than the whole Hollywood facade.  I remember Robert Downey got back into the limelight after his appearance in Ally Macbeal (which he won an Emmy) before his rise to fame again and now he is Iron Man. 

I just don't get these Indian stars though. 

This is just my honest opinion like everyone other actor on TV hollers 'Bollywood' all the time. Most of the Bollywood movie are trash, fake and just plain wrong. Only a few exceptions you get movies like MNIK, Rajneeti or Kal Ho Na Ho . The same goes for South Indian movies, only a few exceptions.

ok done with my two cents Big smile
ciao ladies.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

divy609-bharti-Pyari_ZahrakabeeraspeakingImmaculateDreamMrsKhan

kabeeraspeaking IF-Sizzlerz
kabeeraspeaking
kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 9:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by fuzzyface

Coming back to the matter of the day, so the production house and channel are not just gonna abruptly end the show just coz the actor wants to leave, they have invested money and channel schedule, syndication and etc. So they need to drag it with or without the actor, which is fair coz the show doesn't just involve  the actor alone as there are many other people and things that are part of it . But if TRPs fall, then we will see another Bidaai. 

I mean you can't blame CVs or the channel and  you can't blame the actor as well. Everyone is entitled to do what they think is right for them.

It will be hard to see another actor play Dutta, the actor was good but he doesn't want to do it anymore. So let's see how they resolve the matter and time will tell and heal.

Totally agree on the bolded bits, FF Thumbs Up 

As for your question about Bollywood, I think that is considered the 'ultimate' in an Indian capacity for an actor, so all of them want to have a taste of it or see it as the 'attainable' peak. I'd also think that an actor would feel that he'd get more variety in doing movies than sticking to one character and one show for somewhere around two or so years. Plus, TV gives you fame through character...i.e. those kids shouting 'Supriya Tai' at a train station (?) LOL...it is more indirect and distant, whereas movies generate recognition in the actor's name itself.

Whatever it might be, I totally agree that TV > Movies as a medium of storytelling...and that is all across the board for me, Indian or not.

fuzzyface

madhaviraj Groupbie
madhaviraj
madhaviraj

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 9:20pm | IP Logged
why is he leaving?
testing9 Senior Member
testing9
testing9

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 11:44pm | IP Logged
MR leaving is very very disappointing..as Duttas and Nakus relation was the central theme of the show...and by doing the Kekta style lets bring an undercover cop into Nakkus life ...is plain spoiling the show and no one wants such a story...CVs please end the show...if u must bring the undercover cop..then let him go under cover by falling off the cliff and bring dutta back

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

komal_w25-bharti-ImmaculateDream

Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

** Super Coolbie **

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 12:20am | IP Logged
Its really sad that MR wants to give up on such an iconic character like Dutta Disapprove He is the heart n soul of the show...... ! Tho my best wishes for his super successful future..but why opt out from what looks like the best thing to happen to him...as of now Cry

merun

Go to top