Laagi Tujhse Lagan

India-Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

MR's Exit - All Discussion HERE! (Page 17)

rayjst Senior Member
rayjst
rayjst

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 3:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by HumaG

yep shes still there hanging in there from what i here Smile

Hope she doesn't get sick or nythingUnhappy, me going way off topic ha, will stop...

Edited by rayjst - 05 January 2011 at 3:33pm

kabeeraspeaking IF-Sizzlerz
kabeeraspeaking
kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 3:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

Why, Fatty? Why is it immature? Do we watch these shows as "business ventures" which have hundreds of ppl involved in them or do we watch them cuz we connect to a story and characters? If we want to go by this logic, then every other crapfest on TV also should continue forever cuz it has the livelihood of hundreds of actors/technicians attached to it.....shouldn't it?

It is a business venture for the producers, not for the audience.....for the audience, it is an investment of time, energy, emotions into a story....so why won't they think of a payoff for that?

I don't find it immature to demand an end....if the producers have a right to watch out for their profits/investments, the audience has its right to demand a happy ending to leave a beautiful story untainted.

LTL is not every other crapfest, Anu...it might turn into one of them down the line, maybe in just this one upcoming month, but it still hasn't expired beyond its natural life RIGHT NOW and they make these decisions of whether to continue or not based on the perception of how things are at the moment. 

And if we can look at this whole situation from MR's point-of-view and understand why he is taking such a step, then why not do the same for the production house and understand why they might think that continuing on will actually be profitable? Maybe the reason why I am indifferent to whatever they do with the show beyond DN's story is because I've already had much practice with cutting-off from shows in the past and believing the characters to be either dead or happy after a certain point in the story. To me, it honestly doesn't matter what they do to the show after MR leaves, because that will be the end of it for me and I will cherish the first year of LTL regardless of whether the show ends, continues, shifts over to Mars, etc. etc. I can hope for a happy, untainted ending, but if it doesn't happen (worst case scenario and most likely right now), I won't crib about it because the PH people too are in a fix because of what has happened (they are trying to accommodate an actor's wishes, not thinking this all up out of voluntary whims) and I can understand their point-of-view as well. 

Edited by make-believe - 05 January 2011 at 3:46pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

rayjst-sourire-divy609fuzzyfaceMrsKhanAreYaar

Dancingdoll IF-Sizzlerz
Dancingdoll
Dancingdoll

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 3:49pm | IP Logged
MB, your views are definitely practical and completely from the POV of the PH....But we are viewers, on the other side of the screen...LTL has touched us so much that we don't want it to join the same list of "crapfest" (Thx Nu).....Do we think PH would listen - I dont think so because as you have stated - as long as a venture is profitable, they would go on....End of the day "THEY" are bothered about profits....but we arent...We are not here for Profits, we are here for eternal experience that LTL offers and its our love for this show that makes us "appeal" to not let it join the same rat race....To not make it a TRP Generating machine...To not kill the eternal feeling that we have grown to live in....

MB, Ours is an emotional appeal, PH's would be a practical one for their shoes....There is nothing immatured about either of us, for a mere fact that each of us are not on the other side of the table....Ofcourse, we know they wouldnt kill the show, but its our emotions that speak...our conviction to not see the ultimate deterioration of a masterpiece...and let it go in the golden pages of the TV Industry as a unique artistry in "totality"...I am tired of watching shows in piecemeal....Show 1, Watch forst 180 epsidoes...Show 2, First 100 episodes and then from episode 150 to 175....Why cant we have a show, complete and beautiful in itself....We cant see a masterpiece falling into pieces...That's why the appeal but we arent disillusioned about the business affects...I can assure u that!!!

Edited by Dancingdoll - 08 January 2011 at 11:21pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

rayjstKevasparikhfuzzyface-bharti-kabeeraspeakingMrsKhanAreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 3:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by make-believe

LTL is not every other crapfest, Anu...it might turn into one of them down the line, maybe in just this one upcoming month, but it still hasn't expired beyond its natural life RIGHT NOW and they make these decisions of whether to continue or not based on the perception of how things are at the moment. 

And if we can look at this whole situation from MR's point-of-view and understand why he is taking such a step, then why not do the same for the production house and understand why they might think that continuing on will actually be profitable? Maybe the reason why I am indifferent to whatever they do with the show beyond DN's story is because I've already had much practice with cutting-off from shows in the past and believing the characters to be either dead or happy after a certain point in the story. To me, it honestly doesn't matter what they do to the show after MR leaves, because that will be the end of it for me and I will cherish the first year of LTL regardless of whether the show ends, continues, shifts over to Mars, etc. etc. I can hope for a happy, untainted ending, but if doesn't happen (worst case scenario and most likely right now), I won't crib about it because the PH people too are in a fix because of what has happened and I can understand their point-of-view as well. 

Fatty, I don't think this is a question of not understanding why the producers WANT to keep on extending the show since it is their revenue machine or whatever....LTL is not every other crapfest....EXACTLY why I DON'T want to have to see it reaching that point....sure the show will be dead for me too once MR leaves but what exactly is so bad about asking for a proper culmination and ending to a story that has been built up so well for a year?  I'm not looking at this from either MR's point of view or the production house ka point of view....I'm looking at it from my own point of view....and my point of view is related to what this story has been....how amazingly this character has been enacted by MR....this entire journey....won't it be for naught if the character doesn't even reach a resolution?....Ofcourse we will all cherish the memories of the first year....but the story is at such a point and they DO have a time of almost two months to make it reach a good conclusion...then why not? Would you seriously rather watch Dutta talking to Seema for one month as Nakku cries or challenges Kala in PN simultaneously and then MR just leaves? After allllllllll this time.....this entireeeeeeee journey....everything....all that leads to just THAT?!

Continuing the show beyond that with new faces/characters whatever WILL turn LTL into a crapfest....so can you blame some ppl who may not be as good as say you at being able to make themselves indifferent so quickly to the situation for wanting a nice ending with all those ends tied up and the story untainted? I can't really......I'm not as torn up about this as everyone else either....I can also happily remember the DN of the last year and keep that DN alive in my memories....but I don't find it immature really to ask for a good ending for such special characters. Cuz personally I don't really have any faith in this show surviving MR's exit no matter how good the writers/technicians etc. may be....this wasn't an ordinary character....if it was any other character played by any other actor, I probably wouldn't even care that much....but this is a very unique case in my opinion.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

rayjstsparikhfuzzyfacekabeeraspeakingDancingdoll

kabeeraspeaking
kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 4:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Dancingdoll

MB, your views are definitely practical and completely from the POV of the PH....But we are viewers, on the other side of the screen...LTL has touched us so much that we don't want it to join the same list of "crapfest" (Thx Nu).....Do we think PH would listen - I dont think so because as you have stated - as long as a venture is profitable, they would go on....End of the day "THEY" are bothered about profits....but we arent...We are not here for Profits, we are here for eternal experience that LTL offers and its our love for this show that makes us "appeal" to not let it join the same rat race....To not make it a TRP Generating machine...To kill the eternal feeling that we have grown to live in....

MB, Ours is an emotional appeal, PH's would be a practical one for their shoes....There is nothing immatured about either of us, for a mere fact that each of us are not on the other side of the table....Ofcourse, we know they wouldnt kill the show, but its our emotions that speak...our conviction to not see the ultimate deterioration of a masterpiece...and let it go in the golden pages of the TV Industry as a unique artistry in "totality"...I am tired of watching shows in piecemeal....Show 1, Watch forst 180 epsidoes...Show 2, First 100 episodes and then from episode 150 to 175....Why cant we have a show, complete and beautiful in itself....We cant see a masterpiece falling into pieces...That's why the appeal but we arent illusioned about the business affects...I can assure u that!!!

DD, rest assured that I am very much on the audience side of the whole matter LOL But the cynical and 'defeated' part of the audience that has grown accustomed to this kind of stuff and learnt better with time not to expect goodness till the end. Maybe the petitions will make an affect and that'll be very nice as a memory to cherish...but since the the show ends for me when MR leaves, despite of whether it continues on or ends in reality, it doesn't matter much. That is my opinion only though and you guys should definitely go ahead with the petitions and putting effort into the show if you feel that it is or will be worth it.

@bold: There has only been one show on Indian TV for me like that, which didn't disappoint or earn critique for even a single moment...Rishta.com (:

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

rayjstHumaGMelodiousDreamsDancingdollMrsKhanAreYaar

Dancingdoll IF-Sizzlerz
Dancingdoll
Dancingdoll

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 4:14pm | IP Logged

DD, rest assured that I am very much on the audience side of the whole matter LOL But the cynical and 'defeated' part of the audience that has grown accustomed to this kind of stuff and learnt better with time not to expect goodness till the end. Maybe the petitions will make an affect and that'll be very nice as a memory to cherish...but since the the show ends for me when MR leaves, despite of whether it continues on or ends in reality, it doesn't matter much. That is my opinion only though and you guys should definitely go ahead with the petitions and putting effort into the show if you feel that it is or will be worth it.

@bold: There has only been one show on Indian TV for me like that, which didn't disappoint or earn critique for even a single moment...Rishta.com (:

Oh! I am not into petitions et al....TongueWink
One because I know Mishal wouldnt change his minds "because of" petitions...If this is his way to apply pressure on PH, thats different...or if he is dng it genuinely for Bollywood dreams, then no amount of appeal would work...I dont believe in appealing to an actor!!!!
and I always saw LTL as a show that I could just buy the "complete set of the series" and cherish in my library for ever!!!...I didnt wanna buy in chunks....
Not that LTL hasnt put me off, but they were temporary instances,biggest being the IPL phase ...but everytime it slipped, it managed to get back on its foot and rise higher....and thats why, I cherished it....

Totally with u on the Rishta.com.....You see what I mean, when I say Totality?....That show was a complete package of perfection...Every case that the duo got was perfect...their own story and track and emotion was perfect...the end was perfect....The writer had a finesse in his writing.....Those are the shows I crave for....Totality....sticking to the primary objective of the show....Unfortunately, such shows meet an early demise...I still cherish Rishta.com for its totality...Whatever was offered to us was golden!!!!.....and thats why the hope that LTL will also bid us bye with the same feeling - till it was on screen,it was golden!! Thumbs Up

Edited by Dancingdoll - 05 January 2011 at 4:15pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

rayjstMelodiousDreamskabeeraspeakingMrsKhanAreYaar

kabeeraspeaking
kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 4:34pm | IP Logged

Fatty, I don't think this is a question of not understanding why the producers WANT to keep on extending the show since it is their revenue machine or whatever....LTL is not every other crapfest....EXACTLY why I DON'T want to have to see it reaching that point....sure the show will be dead for me too once MR leaves but what exactly is so bad about asking for a proper culmination and ending to a story that has been built up so well for a year?  I'm not looking at this from either MR's point of view or the production house ka point of view....I'm looking at it from my own point of view....and my point of view is related to what this story has been....how amazingly this character has been enacted by MR....this entire journey....won't it be for naught if the character doesn't even reach a resolution?....Ofcourse we will all cherish the memories of the first year....but the story is at such a point and they DO have a time of almost two months to make it reach a good conclusion...then why not? Would you seriously rather watch Dutta talking to Seema for one month as Nakku cries or challenges Kala in PN simultaneously and then MR just leaves? After allllllllll this time.....this entireeeeeeee journey....everything....all that leads to just THAT?!

@bold/red: Totally agree with you and I did say that I don't care for what they do beyond a decent culmination of the story so far, which is what I'm hoping for...(worst-case-scenario mode activated LOL) Whatever they choose to do after that is up to them because it really doesn't matter to me...and maybe I've already started cutting-off from the show in my own way which is why I'm looking at this whole thing from a distant perspective LOL Wouldn't it be funny if it all turned out to be a mega publicity stunt like the Uttaran-wala case some members mentioned? LOL But even that doesn't look likely anymore Tongue Anyways, isi ka naam hai zindagi (:

Continuing the show beyond that with new faces/characters whatever WILL turn LTL into a crapfest....so can you blame some ppl who may not be as good as say you at being able to make themselves indifferent so quickly to the situation for wanting a nice ending with all those ends tied up and the story untainted? I can't really......I'm not as torn up about this as everyone else either....I can also happily remember the DN of the last year and keep that DN alive in my memories....but I don't find it immature really to ask for a good ending for such special characters. Cuz personally I don't really have any faith in this show surviving MR's exit no matter how good the writers/technicians etc. may be....this wasn't an ordinary character....if it was any other character played by any other actor, I probably wouldn't even care that much....but this is a very unique case in my opinion.

And I personally totally agree with this too, which is why I wave good-bye to LTL when MR leaves. No replacement or new character can make up for what he did for this show...that is entirely out of the question.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

rayjstsparikhMelodiousDreamsfuzzyfaceDancingdollMrsKhanAreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 4:48pm | IP Logged

Makes you wonder if ending it was a good thing after all, haan? Finite end...conclusion (?)LOL....and yes I agree with DD on that....that is the reason why so many ppl are asking to end LTL....a finite, logical end to a show lets you cherish it as a closed package....with no random ingredients thrust in aevein to mess up the whole recipe.

But I see what you are saying from your perspective....defense mechanism?LOL....Shut off your mind/heart towards the show already....baaki jo marzi ho, haan?LOL

oh how I wish this was an Uttaran-type stuntLOL....but sadly it isn't *sigh*....Oh well....life goes on....

On a random note....it's kinda like that wannabe Vikas whatever who tried to play Prem/Yudi after MB left....remember that? LOLLOL....dude was totally aping MB's style and it was soooooooooo cringe-inducing to watch....do you seriously want to watch some guy attempting to clone MR's mannerisms as Dutta? *shudders at the mere thought*.....but then...I guess you wouldn't be watching the show by that point anyways, haina?LOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

komal_w25rayjstkabeeraspeakingDancingdoll

Go to top