Laagi Tujhse Lagan

India-Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

MR's Exit - All Discussion HERE! (Page 13)

Dancingdoll IF-Sizzlerz
Dancingdoll
Dancingdoll

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:24pm | IP Logged
Although, I see what Dr is saying and although the probability of a new actor satisfying Dutta's fans even remotely seems very very bleak, it might just happen - a chance, one in a billion....I do see your point in Don2 because I love SRK and I loved him in tht movie....

but Dr, the problem is that a particular face/image (read MR), hissing and roaring and radiating intense emotions has been carved in our minds with blood.....and erasing that image, atleast to me, would be an act nearly impossible....My mind would refuse to remove that image because that defines Dutta for me....I would be curious to see how this new actor would fill in MR's shoes and probably after 3-4 months peep in and watch a clipping to assess his caliber but its a huge risk that PH would take whose chances of being a success is seriously one in a billion!!!

Edited by Dancingdoll - 05 January 2011 at 12:26pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

shipsrayjstsasha_1fuzzyface

Pyari_Zahra IF-Rockerz
Pyari_Zahra
Pyari_Zahra

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

No offense to any of these actors, but they will never fit into Dutta's role in a million years....they are all decent actors, but none of them can even BEGIN to be Dutta....whether they have shows on hand or not....putting any of them into this show....even the idea sounds laughable to me......like Zahra has stated above....this show is DIFFERENT....this is not some brainless typical crap as is the norm on TV that any random actor can replace any person anytime and the show goes on....so no matter how "good looking" or "good actor" they find as a replacement, it just won't work....maybe it will if ppl are only watching this show to see a DN suhaag raat....no matter who is Dutta's face by that point....but I'm not a part of that crowd.....I'd rather rewatch the entire DN journey on Khushi's account again over and over again....cuz those scenes, those memories are iconic now.....a new face is equivalent to a new show now...That LTL will forever be dead....those who will watch, should they so choose to.....will be watching another typical crapfest on TV...so good luck to them with that.

I completely agree! That poignant show that had us floating in the air will forever be dead. You know this show always made me smile at random moments, because it was different, unlike anything I had seen before- it was the thing to turn to when I was down. Now the good memories are the only thing left- And I certainly don't want to sit back and watch the remains, others by all means can do if they wish to. x

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

shipsrayjst-bharti-fuzzyfaceAreYaar

droopy_asleep Goldie
droopy_asleep
droopy_asleep

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Pyari_Zahra

You're not seriously comparing SRK's role in Don to some other actor becoming Dutta are you??!! Shocked SRK is one heck of an actor, and if anyone can step into another actor's shoes, it's SRK. That simply cannot be applied to the TV industry. Films being remade are a different matter altogether! x

I was only trying to imply that I thought an actor and his role was irreplaceable. SRK taking on Amitabh's role is a perfect example, that it was not true. Even a great actor like Amitabh and his roles can be taken on by another actor and done well.
Amitabh is God for people, and not many like SRK, so SRK doing that role was laughed at by many, he was very successful, and I appreciate him for that.
I am just saying, that IF they ever get another Dutta, he should be given a chance too.
Anyway, I think I have said what I had to, I love MR as Dutta, but I believe in giving second chances, just like Dutta should give Naku a chance too.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

fuzzyface

Dancingdoll IF-Sizzlerz
Dancingdoll
Dancingdoll

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:27pm | IP Logged

SRK is one heck of an actor, and if anyone can step into another actor's shoes, it's SRK.

Mwah and a huge bear hug for this! EmbarrassedHug

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Pyari_Zahra

rayjst Senior Member
rayjst
rayjst

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:27pm | IP Logged
Recasting Dutta means dats it, I leave LTL....No wonder more often than not LTL forum members used to be tensed because everyone knew somewhere or the other that MR was too good to be true nd if he leaves LTL, then dats it, it's over.......No new love interests for Naku also, please, it has nd will always be just Dutta...Nd no apala chapala nari kind of storyline for Naku, pls...

If the CVs are gonna be as good as they have always been nd come up with something other than these , I will surely continue watching LTL.. Wish this undercover cop was an older guy nd had some Jagtap kind of role to play, that of a mentor, life moves on kind of thing...

But surely, MR leaving means trps sure going to take a plunge nd I hope nd pray that that won't lead to any pranjalistic interventionsOuchUnhappy....

Edited by rayjst - 05 January 2011 at 12:31pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

divy609-bharti-fuzzyfacekabeeraspeakingMrsKhan

Pyari_Zahra IF-Rockerz
Pyari_Zahra
Pyari_Zahra

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Dancingdoll

SRK is one heck of an actor, and if anyone can step into another actor's shoes, it's SRK.

Haha! LOL  Thanks DD, to you too Hug I ADORE SRK!! Day Dreaming My favourite actor of the big screen- Mishal is my favourite on the small screen Embarrassed x

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Fatima82Dancingdoll

Dancingdoll IF-Sizzlerz
Dancingdoll
Dancingdoll

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:35pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Dancingdoll

Haha! LOL  Thanks DD, to you too Hug I ADORE SRK!! Day Dreaming My favourite actor of the big screen- Mishal is my favourite on the small screen Embarrassed x

One and only one powerful word for him - Love!!
Tthats what I have for him....Was catching up on MNIK this weekend and gosh! that man just beat all his records and raised his own bar high by leaps!!! ClapClapHeart

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Fatima82Pyari_Zahrafuzzyface

Dancingdoll IF-Sizzlerz
Dancingdoll
Dancingdoll

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

And seriously, Don was a REMAKE.....SRK didn't REPLACE Amitabh.....he did his own movie with an UPDATED take on the original.....how is that at all similar to replacing an iconic and popular character like Dutta in the very same show??ConfusedConfused.....again, the finest of finest actors can't play Dutta like MR in my eyes anymore...those nuances, those gestures, the way he made this character his own....a replacement would at the most be a mere shadow of DuttaThumbs Down

Oh! u have already said it...theek hai!! that was my point to.....The nuances,gestures are carved in the mind deep and is associated to a particular face!!...Nearly impossible to replace tht image!!

and yeah,I agree Nu!!!....SRK didnt replace Amitabh in the "same" project....yeah...I see ur point...makes sense....Yes, people went to theathres to compare both of them and created this whole hype about "whether SRK would do justice to what Amitabh made legendary" but came out with a different flavour, different feeling altogether...They forgot to compare....They decided that comparision wasnt right in light of the treatment given to Don2!!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Pyari_ZahrafuzzyfaceAreYaar

Go to top