Laagi Tujhse Lagan

India-Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

MR's Exit - All Discussion HERE! (Page 12)

droopy_asleep Goldie
droopy_asleep
droopy_asleep

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

Originally posted by droopy_asleep

if they are able to bring in an equally talented actor, then it might work for everyone involved.

Do you have any suggestions for such "equally talented actors" to replace him?? Any names that come to your mind? I'm curious to knowSmile

I am no creative, but I like Iqbal Khan (though I know he has a show at hand), Shabbir Ahluwalia (who seems to at least have the look of a Don) and possibly Raahil Azim (though he too has a show at hand), Anas Rashid (again he also has a show). But these would have been good possibilities to fit the brooding hero that Dutta is.
I would like to re-state that I really like MR as Dutta and having him leave is sad, but life has to go on.

Pyari_Zahra IF-Rockerz
Pyari_Zahra
Pyari_Zahra

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:13pm | IP Logged

^^ I don't even think these guys could do an amazing job as Dutta, in my opinion- once an actor has got into the skin of a character, for another dude to come and rip that skin off and wrap himself with it is near impossible!! Anyway, it doesn't even matter, because I'm not going to be around long enough to watch any other guy ATTEMPT to play Dutta! x

Edited by Pyari_Zahra - 05 January 2011 at 12:26pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

sub_rosafuzzyface-bharti-incandescenceAreYaar

Rani48 Goldie
Rani48
Rani48

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:14pm | IP Logged
Will If he is going out of this show. I personally will stop watching this show all together.

This show is made up of Dutta, Naku, Baji  with out those people its nothing of a show.

There is no way you can show us that Naku and Dutta are sole mates and then bring someone else and then later on make her fall in love with that person.

How much do you guys bet it will be her real life Boyfriend as the undercover Cop?
desisisters Senior Member
desisisters
desisisters

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:14pm | IP Logged
It's a very sad day. I can't believe this is happening. It's official now Cry
AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:15pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by nureat01

if they are able to bring in an equally talented actor, then it might work for everyone involved.

Do you have any suggestions for such "equally talented actors" to replace him?? Any names that come to your mind? I'm curious to knowSmile

I am no creative, but I like Iqbal Khan (though I know he has a show at hand), Shabbir Ahluwalia (who seems to at least have the look of a Don) and possibly Raahil Azim (though he too has a show at hand), Anas Rashid (again he also has a show). But these would have been good possibilities to fit the brooding hero that Dutta is.
I would like to re-state that I really like MR as Dutta and having him leave is sad, but life has to go on.

No offense to any of these actors, but they will never fit into Dutta's role in a million years....they are all decent actors, but none of them can even BEGIN to be Dutta....whether they have shows on hand or not....putting any of them into this show....even the idea sounds laughable to me......like Zahra has stated above....this show is DIFFERENT....this is not some brainless typical crap as is the norm on TV that any random actor can replace any person anytime and the show goes on....so no matter how "good looking" or "good actor" they find as a replacement, it just won't work....maybe it will if ppl are only watching this show to see a DN suhaag raat....no matter who is Dutta's face by that point....but I'm not a part of that crowd.....I'd rather rewatch the entire DN journey on Khushi's account again over and over again....cuz those scenes, those memories are iconic now.....a new face is equivalent to a new show now...That LTL will forever be dead....those who will watch, should they so choose to.....will be watching another typical crapfest on TV...so good luck to them with that.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

sub_rosa-bharti-Pyari_ZahrakabeeraspeakingMrsKhan

droopy_asleep Goldie
droopy_asleep
droopy_asleep

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Pyari_Zahra

^^ I don't even think these guys could do an amazing job as Dutta, in my opinion- once an actor has got into the skin of a character, for another dude to come and rip that skin off and wrap himself with it is near impossible!! Anyway, it doesn't even matter, because I'm not going to be around long enough to watch any other character ATTEMPT to play Dutta! x

You know I felt that way too very strongly, but I did like Sharukh Khan's rendition in Don2, I loved Amitabh too, he was and is the best, but SRK did his job well and I liked the movie too. So that is why I think, that maybe given time, a new actor could do it too?
The best conclusion would be to end the show, but that may not happen due to channel needs maybe.
Pyari_Zahra IF-Rockerz
Pyari_Zahra
Pyari_Zahra

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:20pm | IP Logged

^^ I don't even think these guys could do an amazing job as Dutta, in my opinion- once an actor has got into the skin of a character, for another dude to come and rip that skin off and wrap himself with it is near impossible!! Anyway, it doesn't even matter, because I'm not going to be around long enough to watch any other character ATTEMPT to play Dutta! x

You know I felt that way too very strongly, but I did like Sharukh Khan's rendition in Don2, I loved Amitabh too, he was and is the best, but SRK did his job well and I liked the movie too. So that is why I think, that maybe given time, a new actor could do it too?
The best conclusion would be to end the show, but that may not happen due to channel needs maybe.

You're not seriously comparing SRK's role in Don to some other actor becoming Dutta are you??!! Shocked SRK is one heck of an actor, and if anyone can step into another actor's shoes, it's SRK. That simply cannot be applied to the TV industry. Films being remade are a different matter altogether! x

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

fuzzyface

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:23pm | IP Logged

You're not seriously comparing SRK's role in Don to some other actor becoming Dutta are you??!! Shocked SRK is one heck of an actor, and if anyone can step into another actor's shoes, it's SRK. That simply cannot be applied to the TV industry. Films being remade are a different matter altogether! x

And seriously, Don was a REMAKE.....SRK didn't REPLACE Amitabh.....he did his own movie with an UPDATED take on the original.....how is that at all similar to replacing an iconic and popular character like Dutta in the very same show??ConfusedConfused.....again, the finest of finest actors can't play Dutta like MR in my eyes anymore...those nuances, those gestures, the way he made this character his own....a replacement would at the most be a mere shadow of DuttaThumbs Down

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

sub_rosafuzzyface-bharti-Pyari_ZahraDancingdollMrsKhan

Go to top